Pets Thead

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
I'm big into animals and I've always wanted one of those amazing relationships that you always see and or hear about. Unfortunately I myself never really got to bond with my two old dogs that I had growing up. There names were Shotgun (yellow Lab), and Belle (black lab). I was to busy playing inside as we lived in the city at the time. We later moved out to a more rural area. We had 5 acres and this gave me a lot of time to play with the dogs especially since I had lost my Mother at a young age I needed something to lean on that wasn't my father or my friends at school. I had lost my Mother at the age of 4 and we moved at the age 7 so it was a whole 3 years before I became truly familiar with the family pets. I began playing with them alot and as time went by the began to get weaker. Shotgun had contracted mange after being sprayed by a Skunk and Belle was getting to the upwards of 15 years of age. I was around 12 or 13 at the time we put them down and buried them in the Backyard under a Cherry tree we had been growing. I didn't cry when I lost my mother but I sure as hell cried then. We then got adopted another dog from a family my new Mother treated. She was a speach pathologist so she taught kids how to talk. Anyway If you want to read the story about my mother I'll put that in Hide tags below since its kind of a cool story and it introduced me to Pokemon also I post a picture below and sort of like a little Bio on my current Dog.

If you couldn't tell already this thread is all about Pets ( ones you own or ones you think would be cool to own). You can also talk about any health issues your pet is having, memories about past pets, or just funny stories about pets in general. Remember this thread isn't only for dogs; this can be for whatever pet you own rather it be a bird, a Lizard, a Tiger if you really live the luxurious life.

So My mom had past away when I was 4 because of a car accident in which she and I were hit by a drunk driver. I suffered a nasty concussion and bloody forehead kind of like the ones you see in anime. I was Flight for Life to the nearest children's hospital because you know it was February and like cold and I was scared hanging out of my car seat in a tipped over mini van yelling for help in a ditch. I clearly remember a police officer taking a look under the van and me shouting to him for help. So remember being wheeled into this big helicopter on a stretcher and then just falling asleep in the Helicopter. It's all really blurry after that because I was super concussed. All I remember from that point on is waking up at the hospital and watching Scooby Doo and the Loch Ness monster like fucking 8 times and then I got bored. The nurse asked me if I liked videogames in which I replied yes becase I'd played PS2 at home before. She brought in this Nintendo 64 and gave me 2 games to choose from. One was Mario 64 and Pokemon Stadium 2. I got tired of Mario because I couldn't get past this fucking ship painting level in princess peach's castle like at the very begginning so I switched to Pokemon Stadium 2 and I was completely fucking Blown away. So yea thats how I got into pokemon. My first Offical Pokemon game was Pokemon Leaf Green and I of course picked Bulbasuar even though my favorite type was Water-type.

My current dog Maggie is a 10 year old Chocolate lab in which we went and adopted from this family my mother had worked for. They were super poor and they could not afford it anymore so we took it out to our 5 acre property and made it a family member. She has a thyroid problem so she's super fat and what makes things even worse is that she constantly roles in Cow Manure and our gravel driveway so she is actually incredibly gross to pet. Here's a picture of her below!
1516509214930.png

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is my cat. She’s called Kitty. She was living at the local vet before we got her and that was her name then, so we just stuck with it. She’s very friendly, and when she runs around you can see the flab on her belly sway from side to side.

I don't have any pets at the moment, but I had 6 neon Tetras, all are in the fish afterlife. I like fish as they do nothing except swim around, and are way less scary than dogs.
Tempuras.jpg

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
I forgot I had pictures of my cat on this computer. Enjoy some pictures of my cat and more pictures Bella Von Doge.

10397817_771076606351754_6950936068118428207_n.jpg

nvm all the other pictures are "file size to large"

I have two tortoises, both named (by my brother and sister) after cartoon tortoise characters - D'artagnan (male) and Manuelita (female).

... actually, I can't call them 'pets', given they are older than me and they've been living in my house longer than I did. More like two more older siblings to me.

Manuelita is a very calm tortoise that just spends her time eating, basking and sleeping... but D'artagnan is a very active troublemaker, always looking for new places to sneak around and new things to push around and pretty much the only thing he's afraid of is of strong winds.

And by 'sneaking around' and 'pushing things around', I'm not talking about nothing small. I'm talking about 'heists' worthy enough for photos.

Did you add a grate door to your terrace, with said grate also being supposedly too narrow for him to get past it? No problem for him, he gets past it sideways.

Of course, there was one time he managed to get past it one way but not the other way around. We found him sleeping while stuck. Weird guy.

He's also the only one in my whole household to have taken the christmas tree down in over 30 years. After getting past the grate door, of course.

There used to be a parrot in my house as well (specifically described by my father as the only parrot who didn't need to learn insults to be rude), but he had died shortly before I was born.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)