OU Teambuilding Workshop [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm trying to make a team around this Thundurus, which I think it's pretty good, but I don't get with the key.

Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wild Charge
- Fly
- Superpower
- Bulk Up

Thanks!

hello there !
so i want to know if you can build a offensive team on this fire set please ?

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower

this shit is so broken !
thanks !

Hello, could you put together a team with these two Pokémon?

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt/Volt Switch

Can you please do a team with Latios and Tapu Lele?

The idea would be for Lele to break Latios checks for it and set terrain to power up psyshock.

Requesting a team which includes Gastrodon

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

It could seem weird and boring to request a support/defensive/glue mon but I'm tired of losing vs Gren and this is the most similar thing to a counter. Also, with the Manetric and Rain hype this thing beats half the ladder on its own right now. If you want to build with the Curse set go on, but it misses Talon so much (RIP)

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
hi. can i have a team with cb weavile and mega medicham?

upload_2017-6-8_9-21-2.png

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

upload_2017-6-8_9-21-44.png

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Thunder Punch
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch / Zen Headbutt / Bullet Punch / really anything

weavile pursuit traps the bulky psychics and ghosts that are a stop to mmedi. i haven't really played this tier recently so i haven't had much time to use mmedi, and I'd like to use it, and cb weavile is super antimeta so yeah. thanks to anyone who does this!

edit: yes cb

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
mon:

requested by: GMars

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Iron Tail

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn

craw forces and knocks shit that all hate dealing with gren, whether its tang, ferro, keld, craw puts in a ton of work alongside ashgren because it actually forces each others counters to take a shit ton of damage and lose their item. celes is broke, scarf lati is good and has fog because ive got nothing to absorb tspikes, pex is v annoying. zyg helps out vs stall and between everything on the team, you should be able to break stall but i haven't really tested the stall mu with this a whole lot so it may be lacking there. defensive landot with groundium is a cool pex lure because it punishes burn fishing while still retaining something resembling zyg pressure. alternatively you can make craw sd with a zmove and put lefties/helmet on lando, but i think this build is pretty solid

Nova X

Banned deucer.

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Mega Mane is back and it looks like a cool mon to build around, i am struggling to actually build around this core of dual intimidate which i think is pretty solid because it also provides volt-turn momentum, which allows to them to have great synergy etc.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Stone Edge

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

haven't used pinsir in a while and saw this set on the ladder. mag support lets you run stone edge>eq/cc so u beat zapdos. ty in advance

TMan87

We shall bow to neither master nor god
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hello once again, Teambuilding Workshop.

I'd like to request a BO centered around a Tapu Lele + Weavile core.
I won't give sets since both mons are kinda flexible (especially Tapu Lele), but I can see Pursuit on Weavile.
If details are needed though, I'd be happy to comply.
Thanks in advance !

Hi, I'm here to request a balanced team based on Mantine, since it's viable in OU I really want to use it with Tangrowth but I'm too bad to build such a good balanced team.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog/Haze
- Toxic/Air slash

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power Ice

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Gyarados @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 188 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Waterfall
- Bounce

ChestoRest Gyara was a set which was used last gen in Nedor's birthday RMT which allows Gyara to set up in the face of stuff like Keldeo and Ferrothorn and other stuff without really caring about status or being worn down into range of priority or whatever in order to accumulate multiple boosts to initiate a sweep. With me having spent time messing around with DD+ChestoRest Kingdra in NU a little recently, I kinda want to see if this set is able to function in the current OU environment, but I'm not totally sure how to go about building around it.

I personally like the sound of Intimidate more, but if you think Moxie would be better then feel free to do that. Also these EVs may need updating 'cause this is an ORAS spread, so do whatever u need to with regards to that; I don't care about the set's specifics too much just so long as it's RestoChesto+DD. Thanks in advance!

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hello, I'd like to request a team based around M-Tyranitar and AV Magnezone
View attachment 83304 View attachment 83306

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Been building with this core already, but I would like to see what more experienced builders could do with it. DD Mega Tar is really strong but suffers with not having enough slots for coverage moves. This set uses its two strongest stabs, along with ice punch for zygarde and lando. Ofc there is still mons like scizor and ferrothorn in the tier, so pairing tar with magnezone is really helpful to assist the sweep.
My man insult whats poppin, so....I kinda went a little off the rails with this build tbh, lol. It was hard for me to remove a weakness in stall(mostly because of dugtrio) and also a big weakness to magearna. I liked the idea of this core tried it like day 1 when ttar came out wanted to try again. Same result occured no solid build. So, I basically changed and revised your core. I kept your core just removed the mega part in ttar. Made it banded breaker ttar and kept zone to help the lando and lati sets which have trouble with celesteela/skarm. I wanted this team to be able to at least give u a decent chance vs stall and if u want a better chance vs stall you can change grass knot on koko for taunt. I made it grass knot because the usage of gastro is rising and would give majority of the team issue but mostly because I do not want to give mega swampert a free switch in which as you can probably see is an issue. Generally speaking swamperts go straight into swampert so this will be a great lure for u. The extra hp evs on charizard y is to take a plus 1 t bolt from magearna cause shift gear focus blast is an issue. I really couldn't do much else about the mon it certainly is an issue so you certainly wanna keep your charizard healthy and hope the magearna isnt electrium and also has fighting coverage for ttar. Not really much else to add theres so much to account for in this metagame. I feel like I tried my best with the options infront of me sorry I didn't give you want you wanted exactly but you know where to find me so If u still want this core and don't give a fuck about stall and magearna and zygarde and the rest of the metagame as a whole then lol ill build you something.

Bless Up.

Edit: Posho Alola you should enjoy this as well.

Last edited:
DownAbove
Request: Cofagrigus

Here it is. I've tested it a few times and it works fairly well, the idea behind the team is Landorus-T+ Heatran breakdown and pressure fatter builds like standard stall. I used Earth Plate Landorus-T as it 2HKOs nearly everything on stall and can reliably get SR up, and later pressure Skarm from using Defog. Tangrowth is your Zygarde check + Ground resist. Mawile is a secondary breaker and pairs well with Cofagrigus as your able to make use of Trick Room if need be. Scarf Keldeo adds some speed as the rest of the team is pretty slow and prevents you from losing to Volcarona. Charti Volc will beat Keldeo but you have Heatran to back it up. You do need to be careful of letting hazards go up since you lack defog otherwise I think the build is solid.

Random Passerby Roscoe's Wetsuit
Request: Magearna + Pinsir / SG + CM Magearna

This is core is a little weird, but I think I made it work. I changed up the sets a little bit to make this work. The team is pretty simple though, Scarf Keldeo for speed and revenging Volcarona. AV Tangrowth to check Zygarde, Koko, and other Keldeos. Mew provides defog support so you don't lose to spikes/toxic spikes, though you need to be careful about letting Mew get statused. You can use Ice Beam over Psychic if you want a better check to Landorus-T/Zygarde, but when I originally made it Psychic was a better fit. Either one works and it's preference. Lastly Heatran is your second steel for Lele and pressuring stall. I changed Magearna's set to the Calm Mind + Shift Gear set, cuz I felt like it would be a cool addition and it's a new set I wanted to try out. Hope you two like it.

As usual click on the sprites for the import.

I'll try to post Suicune + Zygarde and Heracross + Mew later tonight as I didn't like the builds I originally made.

MegaStarUniverse

Banned deucer.
Requesting a Bulky Offense team around M-Pinsir and Tapu-Fini. Pinsir is something that is getting better as the meta goes on and i also want to see Fini shine along with it :heart:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Close Combat / Substitute
- Quick Attack

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 16 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt
- Defog

Fini has 16 sp.att ev's to 2 hit ko offensive Heatran and the speed outruns cb adamant Zygarde. Pinsir set is standard

Last edited:
Requesting a Bulky Offense or Balance team with the core Tapu Koko+MPinsir. Pinsir is extremely good and koko pívot in Tang or Venu which Pinsir kill.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat / Earthquake

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power Ice
- Taunt/Volt Switch

Tapu Koko's set could be change if you want

Last edited:
Requesting a team around Flyinium Z Gyarados + Alolan Marowak.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Pretty obvious core; Marowak helps Gyarados by checking Electric types like Tapu Koko and others. Feel free to change the ev spread, moves, etc. Thanks a lot in advance!

Requesting a team around Flyinium Z Gyarados + Alolan Marowak.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Bone
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Pretty obvious core; Marowak helps Gyarados by checking Electric types like Tapu Koko and others. Feel free to change the ev spread, moves, etc. Thanks a lot in advance!
one of these bois should have a ground attack. or both. imo EQ > taunt on ssss gyara cause it stops your sweep being cut short by a full health koko or magearna or something.

+1 252 Atk Gyarados Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 219-258 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

yea that's a +1 gyara failing to OHKO tapu koko. use EQ.

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
-------------
choice band zygarde + vincune bulky offense

requested by: malomyotismon
-------------

i built this team to use against pearl in wcop. unfortunately i lost the game due to some rng :pirate: however, i still think this team is pretty solid.

suicune is pretty standard. an outstanding pokemon in the current metagame climate and a great win condition for this team being the only pokemon with a setup move. if suicune isn't able to win in the late-game i'll usually try to utilize it to wear down some of the grasses and bulky waters that zygarde is unable to break through. heatran is generally a great partner for pokemon that are troubled by grass-types (in this case zygarde and suicune) because heatran is able to take advantage of most grass-type pokemon to find opportunities to fire off powerful attacks or set up substitute. i opted for a modest nature because mega scizor is able to reliably handle the likes of tapu bulu, and the extra power provided by a modest nature achieves much greater rolls when facing the likes of toxapex. mega scizor provides defog support which is useful mostly to remove spikes and toxic spikes that can threaten basically all of the pokemon on this team. mega scizor also works in conjunction with heatran to deal with psychic-, dragon-, and fairy-type threats such as latios, tapu lele, and clefable. tapu bulu is the choice scarf user, checking offensive water- and electric-types, like ash-greninja and tapu koko, while also providing grassy terrain which helps to support mew and suicune. mew is the stealth rocker as well as the main switchin to threats such as mega medicham, zygarde, and fightinium z magearna. it's also one of my main checks to protean greninja, since it can deal with non dark pulse variants. i feel like psychic is needed on this mew to pressure mega venusaur and keldeo, however you can run ice beam if you really prefer it. zygarde rounds out the team as likely my strongest breaker thanks to its choice band. zygarde takes advantage of the support from the likes of heatran and suicune and is able to effectively pressure a lot of different team archetypes due to this team being generally good at dealing with the defensive pokemon that zygarde struggles to break.

Last edited:
Is this thing ever coming back? Initially we were told it was locked for WCOP, then it came back after WCOP for one team but that was a month and a half ago. This is really disappointing, especially for requesters like me that have waited since April 3rd for a team. Thanks in advance for any answer

p2

Banned deucer.
We're waiting for the Dugtrio retest, don't blame us because gamefreak thought it was a good idea to keep randomly dropping megas, constantly shaking up the metagame and making it very difficult to build good teams that didn't heavily struggle with some of the newer drops. All builders agreed that waiting for the Arena Trap/Dug test is the way to go, which shouldn't be too far from now considering there's only a week of olt qualifying left.

We're waiting for the Dugtrio retest, don't blame us because gamefreak thought it was a good idea to keep randomly dropping megas, constantly shaking up the metagame and making it very difficult to build good teams that didn't heavily struggle with some of the newer drops. All builders agreed that waiting for the Arena Trap/Dug test is the way to go, which shouldn't be too far from now considering there's only a week of olt qualifying left.
Now that Arena Trap is banned, does yours plan on comming back with this project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)