OU Teambuilding Workshop [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion

approved by bludz | Taken over from dk | Format stolen from DennisEG's ORAS Teambuilding Shop | Banner by Ssensenh
your builders are: False., Finchinator, Team Pokepals, bludz, Nedor, njnp, obii, p2, Snowy., Ban Manaphy , Vertex

Intro:

Welcome to the SM OU Teambuilding Workshop! The purpose of this thread is to supply the general public with a workshop of experienced and proficient builders who can produce solid teams based around whatever the individual requesting a starting point may ask for. Here, we'll take requested starting points or cores of 1-2 Pokemon and produce a team based around it, post it here, and include a detailed description of our teambuilding process to hopefully help others improve their building toolkit.
Rules:

1. To request a core, simply post the sets and have a brief description providing an overview of how the core works/what it does. Please make sure your core is viable and synergistic! If you're looking for core ideas, check out the Good Cores thread. Also, please stick to Pokemon ranked on the Viability Rankings.
2. Please limit your cores to a maximum of 2 Pokemon.
3. Please do not delete or significantly edit your post once you've posted, as it could lead to difficulty keeping track of the slew of cores posted here.
4. Please do not PM or VM builders to build quickly. We all have busy schedules; we're going to get to your core when we can.
5. Please do not ask us to rate or modify an already fully constructed or nearly fully constructed teams. We're here to build, not rate.
6. You may only request one core at a time. Once your core team request has been finished, you are free to make another request.
7. The workshop will close from time to time as we get full on requests. Typically, it will be locked during these periods, but if you notice it is closed and not locked, please do not post a request!
8. Any Pokemon ranked below B on the Viability Rankings may not be included in a full core—this means that if you wanted to request something with a B- or lower Pokemon, you must request that Pokemon alone.
9. When we're looking for additional builders to join, we will make a post and edit the title accordingly to let the public know. Please do not ask to join if we do not say we are in need of builders.
10. Please understand that we deal with a lot of cores, so we may not build your core every time you post one. Additionally, if I do not believe your core workable or practical I won't add it to the list of requests. When posting a core it is highly encouraged to give a description.
Request Post Template:

Here is a template for request posts to make things a bit easier on you guys while keeping things uniform. Note that this is not required but is recommended. If you would like to include sprites or models in your post, visit this site.
Code:
(Sprites or Models Here)
[hide=Set(s)][/hide]
[b]Description:[/b]

(Description Text Goes Here)
Requests:

Last edited:

false

maybe this is heaven
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a defending SCL Champion
Team Archive 1-100
by njnp
by dk
by Finchinator
by False
by obii
by obii
by False
by False
by dk
by dk
by Subject 18
by Subject 18
by dk
by dk
by bludz
by njnp
by nedor
by nedor
by dk
by Vertex
by Subject 18
by obii
by obii/Finch
by obii
by obii
by bludz
by False
by nedor
by nedor
by nedor
by nedor
by nedor
by Vertex
by bludz
by bludz
by False
by Ban Manaphy
by p2
by p2
by njnp
by Subject 18
by Subject 18
by False

Last edited:
Metadusa (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Whirr (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

These two mons counter each other's weaknesses fairly well, with Mawile dishing out damage in high numbers, and doing the main offensive job. Rotom-W counters many threats to Mawile with it's amazing defensive typing and stats. Sucker Punch is for revenge kills, Fire Fang and Thunder Punch are for coverage, and Play Rough is a damage dealing STAB move. Pain Split is a form of recovery, Volt Switch gives a nice pivot into an offensive weapon, Will-O-Wisp is to severely cripple physical attackers who hurt both Rotom and Mawile, and Hydro Pump is to deal with threats to Mawile such as Lando-T.

I'd like this to be a primary offensive team that I can use for OU, without Phero.

Last edited:
Reactions: dk
Oh, yeah, one other thing I forgot to mention—please specify if you want your team built for the suspect ladder or for a meta with Pheromosa legal. It's likely to get banned so please keep that in mind.

Djk618 please edit your post to specify what you want us to build for.

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
Too bad this is only C-tier right now, its Trick Room set is entirely overshadowed by Magearna's, and Recover fights for a slot with relevant coverage. Still, I'd like to see how a team can be built around this, considering it has a fighting chance against most Steels and Psychics in the tier. You can change the set/EVs as you see fit if, say, Calm Mind or something works better for the team.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
I'd appreciate it if someone could build me a team around togekiss. Idc the set or what kind of team it is so long as it has togekiss on it. Probably better to build it for a no phero meta. Thanks.

I'd like to build a team around Ice Beam Tyranitar. As Landorus-T is one of the most commonly used Pokemon I thought I'd try and think of a quick easy way to KO it instantly. I was thinking of a Shuca Berry first, but that's just giving Offensive Support Landorus a chance to set up Stealth Rock. Maybe a Choice Scarf would be better? Here's the set I'm thinking of.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe OR 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

64 SpA and a Hasty Nature guarantees the OHKO on Offensive Landorus with Ice Beam. Either speed spread would work as they would both outpace Landorus, but I'm torn as to which stat is more important to maximise for a powerful Scarf user?

Edit: Forgot to mention this. This is for the for the suspect ladder without Pheromosa.

Last edited:

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
Too bad this is only C-tier right now, its Trick Room set is entirely overshadowed by Magearna's, and Recover fights for a slot with relevant coverage. Still, I'd like to see how a team can be built around this, considering it has a fighting chance against most Steels and Psychics in the tier. You can change the set/EVs as you see fit if, say, Calm Mind or something works better for the team.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 144 Atk / 20 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 28 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 176 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Toxic Spikes/T-Bolt
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald/Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

sins (Decidueye) @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Roost

or

Dhelmise @ Assault Vest
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Atk / 12 Def / 32 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Anchor Shot
- Shadow Claw
- Power Whip

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-548456259

Pretty nice and solid team only major weakness was metagross and magearna, everything else can be handled very nicely and you can outplay. Certainly is a fun team and does a good job. Hopefully you enjoy!

Edit: I want to explain decidueye or Dhelmise. Decidueye helps you break bulky/stall cores singehandely at times and much easier while dhelmise gives you hazard control and less of a weakness to magearna and things like keldeo and zone.

Last edited:
I would like a HO team using MegaDrill. I will paste the MegaDrill team down below. Thanks!

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Bug Bite

Raichu-Alola (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Core is meant to allow Alolan Raichu to sweep due to the electric terrain provided by Tapu Koko. Would like it to be offensively inclined. Change the sets if need be. Assume that Pheramosa doesn't get banned.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
497.gif

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare / Dragon Pulse

Serperior is seriously underutilized right now, it's got a pretty decent speed tier and Normalium Z is a really cool tech for it to break past checks like AV Tang and Amoonguss with a bit of prior damage. Serp does require some support against stuff like Chansey and Heatran, but that's what the rest of the team is for. Would like the team for a non-Phero meta since that thing's getting banned lol

Zygarde @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 216 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

I saw this set in the SM Creative Sets Thread, and it looks like a solid set. S/O to robopoke for creating this set. Soft Sand lets this thing OHKO Gren and MegaGross at +1 with Thousand Arrows. It also 2hko's Fini at +1. If you want to see the full explanation of the set, it's right here. I really want to try it out, but I can't seem to make a team around it. Probably needs a teammate to break tangrowth and defensive lando for it. I would like this for a Pheromosa-less OU, because it's probably gettin' the ban hammer. Thanks!

Zard Y is probably one of my fav 'mon in the game, but I never liked how he was weak to Stealth Rocks, which forced you to bring something that could remove hazards, and in the case of Defog, the opponent can pretty much force you to use Defog and remove hazards on your side too whenever you try to set 'em up.
I don't mind the set itself, I guess something like:

Charizard-Mega-Y (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid/Modest Nature
- Roost/Tailwind
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast/ Hidden Power [Ice]

Modest if Tailwind, or HP Ice, since it gives him the ability to ohko cb Zygarde, Timid if Roost or team has problems against Specs Lele or something.

I just can't seem to build a team that does not let me loose too much momentum by babying 'Zard, and the pay off very rarely is good, with Zard most of the time dying early or mid game, I'm interested to see somebody else's take on it, with building a team around Zard Y without said 'mon sapping too much momentum.

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Static
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Agility
- Hidden Power Ice

Elec Z Zapdos is an extremely interesting offensive set considering Zapdos was more commonly used as a Defogger or dedicated Flying resist. Though not as powerful as Thundy-T, it has way better coverage and bulk to utilize while having some nice type utility for offense to use when dealing with SSSS Gyarados or other Flying mons that aren't checked as easily. Considering it's a newer threat in the meta, I'm having trouble building around this mon or finding situations to use it when teambuilding, so any team ideas would be awesome.

Edit: Build it with Phero-less meta, that anorexic bug is stupid.

Raichu-Alola (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot

Tapu Koko @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Core is meant to allow Alolan Raichu to sweep due to the electric terrain provided by Tapu Koko. Would like it to be offensively inclined. Change the sets if need be. Assume that Pheramosa doesn't get banned.
Sorry, but as per rule #1, I'm going to have to reject your request—Raichu is unranked. You're free to post another request, but make sure you read the rules.
I'd like to build a team around Ice Beam Tyranitar. As Landorus-T is one of the most commonly used Pokemon I thought I'd try and think of a quick easy way to KO it instantly. I was thinking of a Shuca Berry first, but that's just giving Offensive Support Landorus a chance to set up Stealth Rock. Maybe a Choice Scarf would be better? Here's the set I'm thinking of.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe OR 192 Atk / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch / Pursuit
- Superpower
- Ice Beam

64 SpA and a Hasty Nature guarantees the OHKO on Offensive Landorus with Ice Beam. Either speed spread would work as they would both outpace Landorus, but I'm torn as to which stat is more important to maximise for a powerful Scarf user?

Edit: Forgot to mention this. This is for the for the suspect ladder without Pheromosa.
Are you ok with us changing the set from Scarf to something else? We would keep Ice Beam as you requested, but I don't think Scarf Ice Beam is necessarily the best combo.

If you're fine with us not using Scarf, I can get started on this right away.

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc

Zygarde @ Soft Sand
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 216 Atk / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed

I saw this set in the SM Creative Sets Thread, and it looks like a solid set. S/O to robopoke for creating this set. Soft Sand lets this thing OHKO Gren and MegaGross at +1 with Thousand Arrows. It also 2hko's Fini at +1. If you want to see the full explanation of the set, it's right here. I really want to try it out, but I can't seem to make a team around it. Probably needs a teammate to break tangrowth and defensive lando for it. I would like this for a Pheromosa-less OU, because it's probably gettin' the ban hammer. Thanks!
ayo i got u. should have it posted in the next few days.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Protect / Tailwind

Sub CM Cune is a nice answer to both Stall and the most common iterations of Toxapex balance. It is also fairly annoying for offensive teams to deal with if it manages to sneak its way behing a substitute. Tailwind is a nice option to allow Suicune to remain useful vs. HO by setting up a nice Tailwind destroying HO's Speed advantage so it might be a fun option over protect. PP Stalling is generally underrated in the metagame currently as well, especially stalling out moves like Ash Greninja's Hydro Pump. I have no idea how the hell to teambuild around this thing but it is an interesting option, oh and build this for a meta sans bug lady please.

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Hello, I'd like to request a team around Spex Lele+Spikes Ninja

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Lele is crazy strong, just click your Psychic STABs and watch something die or predict right with HP-Fire and watch something drop too. Spikes Gren lays Spikes and puts some would be checks in 2HKO range after a couple of layers. It also lures some annoying mons such as Celesteela and Magearna and weakens them for Lele. In return Lele breaks everything for Ninja to clean late game. My main issue when building around this is that I usually end up with teams very similar to the rest of my Spikes Ninja offenses cause I pretty much automatically add the same mons lol, it'd be cool to see what someone else can come up with

e: Why's Mosa meta even an option lol no mosa please

Hello, I'd like to request a team around Spex Lele+Spikes Ninja

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Specs Lele is crazy strong, just click your Psychic STABs and watch something die or predict right with HP-Fire and watch something drop too. Spikes Gren lays Spikes and puts some would be checks in 2HKO range after a couple of layers. It also lures some annoying mons such as Celesteela and Magearna and weakens them for Lele. In return Lele breaks everything for Ninja to clean late game. My main issue when building around this is that I usually end up with teams very similar to the rest of my Spikes Ninja offenses cause I pretty much automatically add the same mons lol, it'd be cool to see what someone else can come up with
Taking!

Hey, Leooo_33! I actually have two teams for you: one from Finch and one I built myself, so you have more options as far as what you want to use.

Here's my team:

Specs Lele + Splash Plate Spikes Ash-Greninja + Agility Metagross Offense (click sprites for importable):

Alright, so I started off initially with generic Protean Spikes + Lele as requested, but as things started to take form, I ended up making it Battle Bond + Splash Plate. The first teammate I added here was AV Magnezone because of how weak the intial core was to things like Celesteela and AV Magearna, so something capable of irritating those two paired well. Obviously, Magnezone isn't the best partner for covering those two threats necessarily, but the pressure Ash-Gren + Specs Lele + Magnezone would place on those two can easily overwhelm them. Next, I wanted to pick a mega evolution and a more defined sweeper, so I went with Agility Metagross because of how clearly it was already supported. Magnezone support with Agility Metagross is pretty much mandatory, and Spikes support is also incredibly synergistic with how Agility Metagross operates; while Metagross is strong, it needs something to pressure grounded targets that aren't covered well by its coverage of Mash / EQ / Ice Punch like Keldeo. Finally, I needed glues to close out the team's threat coverage and round out the needed roles (Stealth Rock user + 101+ Scarfer), so I went with Scarf Latios and HP Ice Helmet Landorus-T. Scarf Latios has a strong enough Draco to RK key targets like Salamence and Greninja should it get out of hand, while Landorus-T covers major threats like Zygarde and Metagross (which it soft-checks in tandem with D-Pulse Greninja: the combination of Helmet chip + D-Pulse should be able to handle it—EQ Metagross can also help) while providing U-turn support for Lele and Ash-Gren.

The only obvious flaw this team has is that stall is pretty much an autoloss—it's really hard to build a stall-proof team with Specs Lele, as it is more often than not a liability vs. it. Two offensive 'mons that are deadweight vs. stall is a really unfavorable start to prepping for it and am unsure how I would go about fixing that with this core. The match-ups vs. balance and offense should be very strong, though!

Hope you enjoy!

Here is Finchinator's team:

Specs Lele + Spikes Greninja + Mega Scizor Offense (click sprites for importable):

Here is Finch's description:

"So the initial idea was to use Specs Lele because it sits on balance and there's minimal counterplay to it throughout the whole tier, which fits into my playstyle because I tend to make aggressive early-mid game doubles and this opens up holes whenever I get opportunities. After that, I wanted to pair it with Greninja because it tends to deal with the things Lele struggles to well, it is pretty much a broken mixed breaker, and Extrasensory with Terrain is insane. I knew I needed another breaker of sorts that could specifically do a number to stall teams and push the envelope a bit more against balance, so I compressed that role with my Stealth Rocker and used SD SR LandoT. From there, the team sorta built itself -- Scarf Garchomp enjoys the first three weakening things for it, especially LandoT, and the other two form a solid defensive core. Scizor can opt to not use Defog if you do not expect your opponent to use Spikes."
Note that the original team did not have Spikes Greninja but rather AoA with Esens, hence why Finch mentioned it in his description. You can find the original importable here and sub in Spikes over HP Fire instead if you'd like.

Edit: It's probably wise to run something over Defog on Scizor if you're using Spikes on Greninja, like SD/Knock Off/Pursuit.

Last edited:
Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Flame Charge
- Swords Dance

hi can someone make me something with sd talonflame? sorry if it's a stretch, i just miss using it a lot. talon seems like a really fun way to open holes against the majority of teams right now~ i'd of course prefer if the build is offensively oriented but i wouldn't mind an experimental looking team either! thanks in advance.

Reactions: BM

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Metadusa (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Thunder Punch
- Sucker Punch

Whirr (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump

These two mons counter each other's weaknesses fairly well, with Mawile dishing out damage in high numbers, and doing the main offensive job. Rotom-W counters many threats to Mawile with it's amazing defensive typing and stats. Sucker Punch is for revenge kills, Fire Fang and Thunder Punch are for coverage, and Play Rough is a damage dealing STAB move. Pain Split is a form of recovery, Volt Switch gives a nice pivot into an offensive weapon, Will-O-Wisp is to severely cripple physical attackers who hurt both Rotom and Mawile, and Hydro Pump is to deal with threats to Mawile such as Lando-T.

I'd like this to be a primary offensive team that I can use for OU, without Phero.
Mine

false

maybe this is heaven
-------------
dual scarf mega beedrill offense

requested by: Merchandise_thegod

-------------
mega beedrill struggles a lot in a metagame filled with landorus-t and bulky steels, but i tried to make it work as best i could without being too generic.

mega beedrill is obviously the focal point of the team. i've opted for drill run over bug bite to nail some of the steel-types that magnezone is unable to trap, such as heatran, magearna, and mega metagross. magnezone traps and removes a number of the steel-types that cause mega beedrill trouble, such as skarmory, ferrothorn, and mega scizor, however, the main draw of this set is electrium z + substitute. electrium z gives magnezone the power to ohko pokemon such as spd celesteela and mega mawile, while substitute enables magnezone to outplay sucker punch users and also take advantage of ferrothorn. a timid nature is used to get the jump on speed-creeping mega scizor, while also outspeeding defensive landorus-t. tapu bulu provides the team with a form of speed control, checking offensive threats such as ash-greninja and tapu koko. megahorn is needed to hit tangrowth, which basically 6-0s the team if you don't play well so keep that in mind. landorus-t provides stealth rock, momentum, and a blanket check to physical threats; namely mega charizard x, zygarde, and swords dance landorus-t. the choice between hidden power ice and knock off comes down to whether you'd prefer a better matchup against landorus-t, zygarde, and garchomp, or skarmory and tangrowth. latios provides hazard removal, something that mega beedrill really appreciates as it is quickly chipped by both spikes and stealth rock. it also provides some defensive utility as the team's primary answer to mega charizard y, keldeo, and magma storm heatran. lastly, keldeo provides additional speed control, handling the likes of greninja, while also being the team's one stop to volcarona - don't miss stone edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)