Project OU Next Best Thing Week 10: Mew (Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_TrickPhony

BSS Circuit Co-host
Voting Scarf Magearna because it's actually a cool set on balances that need a mon to check Kart + Pinsir in the same slot and no one posted my favorite non psychium set (physdef heart swap)
Could you actually post or pm me this set? I saw the move but didnt really know the direction to take it, would love to know what you are using for this.

Ill vote psychium Z as well, good stuff

shift gear z psy

just run electrium for toxapex and if your opponent has a venusaur call them bad and forfeit. also jordy stop saying "can we get a few more votes just let the voting go on for a little longer and you'll get your votes anyway

shift gear z psy

just run electrium for toxapex and if your opponent has a venusaur call them bad and forfeit. also jordy stop saying "can we get a few more votes just let the voting go on for a little longer and you'll get your votes anyway
No

Reserving cosmic power Charge beam clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Charge Beam
- Stored Power
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable has the really neat combo of Cosmic power + Magic guard, which means passive ways of dealing damage like leech seed or toxic won't have any effect. Cosmic power + magic guard also means many things become setup bait to this like Ferrothorn, Celesteela, AV and SG magearna, Medicham-M, Physical no band Hoopa-U, Chansey and many others. Charge Beam lets it boost its Sp.Atk wich compliments well stored power (if u're at +6 in defense, sp defense and sp.atk it reached 380 BP). The 12 evs in speed are to outspeed Celesteela.

0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. +1 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 152-182 (38.5 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
(u're faster so no need to calc at +0 I think)
252 Atk Hoopa-Unbound Zen Headbutt vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 135-159 (34.4 - 40.5%) -- 46% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (51 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 92-110 (23.4 - 28%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
56 SpA Magearna Flash Cannon vs. +1 244 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 168-198 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Magearna Iron Head vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 146-174 (37.2 - 44.3%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 192-226 (48.9 - 57.6%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. +1 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 127-151 (32.3 - 38.5%) -- 2.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (Always lives Zen headbutt at plus 0 + Zen headbutt at plus 1)
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. +1 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 174-206 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (if at +1 smart strike kartana becomes fodder too)
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. +1 244 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 160-190 (40.8 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Unaware CMind Clefable

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish/Moonlight
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell

General idea
Clefable has two great abilities and one of them is Unaware, which allows Clefable to ignore stat boosts such as SDance, DDance, but also stats drops from Fleur Cannon.
This pink pixie always had a problem of low stats: this means that you are not able to take hits from both sides of the spectrum repeatedly, so you have to choose between being covered by physical threats (i.e. Zygarde, Mega Heracross/Medicham) or special ones (i.e. Tapu Koko, Ash-Greninja).
Don't forget that -generally speaking- your offensive prowess in middling without EVs investment, so you can't do many things at once...unless you run Calm Mind.
This status move covers your special side a little, while boosting your Moonblast. You have to give up Protect, but when you click Wish your opponent may think that you will run Protect on the following turn, thus leading him to switch out and to choose a special attacking threat to deal with this Clefable...only to discover that you have had a free Calm Mind boost.

P.S. Wish is still the best option, because you can't run Soft-Boiled with Unaware (otherwise, I think that this set would be more popular).
+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zygarde: 306-362 (85.4 - 101.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tapu Koko: 186-219 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable in Electric Terrain: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Hydro Pump vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 220-261 (55.8 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (it is still very hard to stomach this Hydro Pump, but at least you don't have to be at full health to check Greninja)
252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Flamethrower vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable in Sun: 187-222 (47.4 - 56.3%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (if you already have the CM boost when Charizard-Y comes into play, you can win by CMinding bar critical hits)
252 SpA Volcarona Fire Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 135-159 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- 40.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

EVs spread
Stolen from the dex, it maximises HP in order to have as much HP and Def as possible alongside a Bold nature.

Team(mates) support
Anybody that has tank capabilities but is lacking recovery such as Heatran, which has a nice type synergy with Clefable. Something to deal properly with bulky Poison ans Steel types is mandatory.

Last edited:
Reserving Gravity trick lure Clefable
All Right, lets do this

1516746628863.png

Satanic Demise (Clefable) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Gravity/ Stealth Rock/ Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Trick

One thing about Clefable, is it's odd and illustrious movepool, letting it take on effectively many roles. But one role I'm surprised no one's touched on, is the move Trick. Trick is an amazing move that forces mons to switch items which play an important part in battling , and thanks to No guard, Clefable doesn't have to worry about taking the wrong items. With the ability to harass fat teams, switching items like Tapu Bulu's assault vest or Chansey's eviolite is extremely easy. With special bulk investment, it can also tank an Ash-Greninja hit, and switch Choice Specs, effectively crippling it for the rest of the game, and then switch out. Black Sludge is chosen for the reason that it is able to damage Steel-types ( at least to my knowledge), and that it can also be used to damage Gliscor. Gravity is an interesting tech as well, as it allows Fire Blast and Thunder to have great accuracy, allowing Clefable actually damage some of it's threats, but moves like Stealth Rock, and Moonblast are really good.

Last edited:
Reserving Sash Counter Clef

Clefable @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Counter

Clefable has the rare and sort after Magic Guard ability, allowing it to avoid Hazard damage and Status damage. This, combined with Clefables low speed making Soft Boiled usually go last, allows it to keep its Sash intact throughout the match, stopping physical set up sweepers, such as Kartana, M.Pinsir and Zygarde but also dent / remove other hard hitting mons, such as Celesteela, Band Ttar and M.Mawile. The lack of Leftovers does severely hurt it however, so Leftovers is optional, allowing it to dent/remove hard hitting wallbreakers, specifically being able to knock out Celesteela after Rocks, working as an excellent lure.
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 230-272 (58.3 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Celsteela will take a minimum of 345 Hp or a max of 402 Hp out of 398 Hp

252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 241-285 (61.1 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tyranitar will take a minimum of 361 Hp out of 341 Hp

252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 244-288 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

M.Mawile will take a minimum of 366 Hp out of 251 Hp

252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 192-226 (48.7 - 57.3%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

M.Medicham will take a minimum of 288 Hp out of 261 Hp

Last edited:
Hello friends,
I'm here today to suggest Babiri Berry Fire Blast Steel Lure Clefable

Clefable @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled

Clefable has surprisingly good defenses, but has a hard time vs the everpresent steel types in the tier. To remedy that, I stole this set from the Monotype community, where Babiri Berry Fairy-types are very common in order to give Fairy a fighting chance vs Steel. The idea behind this set is very simple - use this to lure in 'mons like Mega Scizor who think that their puny +2 Bullet Punch knocks you out, tank the hit, shit talk your opponent a bit in the chat and return the favour with a 4x effective Fire Blast, an all-but-guaranteed KO after Rocks go up.
+2 64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 16 SpD Scizor-Mega: 300-356 (87.4 - 103.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

This isn't just useful for the Scizor matchup, however. Clefable can also use this tech against other mons like Ferrothorn, turning a Gyro Ball that does 40%+ to Clefable into naught but a scratch on the pink 'mons health bar, and Celesteela, which turns Heavy Slam from a 2HKO into a 3HKO and allows Clef to retaliate with a couple Fire Blasts of her own. This set is situationally useful if you find your team is exceedingly weak to steel-types or Mega Scizor in general, and you want a 'mon that can both take on Scizor and get up rocks in the same slot I guess. Also beats Smart Strike Kartana, but lets be real here, when was the last time you saw a Smart Strike Kartana?
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (86 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 78-93 (19.7 - 23.6%) -- possible 5HKO
0 Atk Celesteela Heavy Slam (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 115-136 (29.1 - 34.5%) -- 6.5% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Babiri Berry Clefable: 129-153 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

This is a really neat Clef set that has a ton of utility and is one of my favorite sets to use on bulky offenses with threatening breakers like Medi and Pinsir. I really like this thing with Ash Gren especially because being able to paralyze Pex means that Ash Gren can just flinch through it. Thunder Wave is a super dumb move and has a ton of uses that I don't really think need to be elaborated on. Also, Flamethrower is super nice because it lures in Defog Mega Zor that expects to be able to remove your rocks or Ferro that think they can get free hazards vs you for free, or losing their item at most. This set is also cool for smacking broken ass Kartana, as they don't run Smart Strike as much these days. I think that this is a really neat set overall that you guys should try out because while it doesn't provide the same type of utility as SR Clef or have the threat level of CM Clef, it's still a really solid set overall.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Cosmic CM Clef is an interesting variation on CM Clef that abuses offense archetypes well. Given that Clef's reign of terror has (mostly) remained in ORAS, most builders account for Clef as a threat significantly less in the SM metagame, relegating the means of beating Clef to random obscenely strong breaker #3401 and maybe something like AV Magearna. With Cosmic Power, muscling through Clef becomes waaaay harder, leading to some offenses flat-out losing to it. With proper support, stuff like Taunt Tran can be pressured via Spikes or other means, which improves its odds of sweeping even further! Definitely a cool sweeper to toy with.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Encore is a pretty handy tool to deal with standard answers to Clef, by giving you free turns when locking the opponent into moves which you can easily take advantage of. Against most of your standard Clef answers, you can just click Encore for free turns with little concern. Encored Heatran can't really touch you no matter what what you lock him into, and if he Taunts turn 1, you can just switch out because no Magma trap i.e. you actually have the initiative against any unrevealed Heatran set. Encoring Ferro/Tpex into anything just allows you to switch into whatever you want without worrying about the stray status move. Scizor is a bit more complicated, because BP is a 2HKO, but Encore on a predicted Defog/SD/Roost is still really nice. On the topic of set-up, stuff like Volcarona, Mawile, cannot set-up on you anymore, even if they carry Sub like Gyara. All in all, you basically get a free turn to do whatever you like against stuff that normally are good answers to Clef, such as switching out, or hiting the predicted switch with Twave.

Eclipse

Like a chimp with a machine gun
is a Contributor Alumnus
Clefable @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpA
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Thunder

This is a more optimized version of the old CM Psychium Z Clefable from earlier on in the meta. Thunder Clef in general is a tech me and a few people like Ban Manaphy were testing near the end of ORAS, while also allowing it to bypass would-be checks like Skarmory & Heatran. Clef in general doesnt mind Thunder misses & can even fish for paras while also dealing damage which is always nice. In this meta I added a second layer to this set with Electrium Z. After 1 CM & Rocks damage, Z-Thunder OHKOes full Spdef Pex after Sludge recovery. It almost guarantees the same roll on SpDef Steela while OHKOing Physdef variants outright. You can invest moreinto bulk if you have other ways of weakening Pex, but this set is nice for luring Pex & Steela while having a nice way of still spreading para if you need to:

+1 196+ SpA Clefable Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 362-428 (90.9 - 107.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 196+ SpA Clefable Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 286-338 (94 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Stealing the LO Clef reserve ‘cuz Leo is bad and has been sitting on his reserve for >2 days for no real reason

Clefable @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Fire Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Psyshock / Calm Mind / Focus Blast / Stealth Rock

LO Clef hits desceptively hard, taking advantage of the very limited range of Fairy+Fire resists to rlly pose as a menace to a lot of teams. I’m not going to dump a wall of calcs, but a few noteworthy things this achieves include 2HKOing Relaxed Celesteela (and Sassy after SR), 2HKOing AV Magearna at +1, 2HKOing Calm Toxapex after SR with Psyshock, and having a high chance to 2HKO Defog Gliscor with Moonblast through Poison Heal, forcing it to burn Roost PP (and leaving it 1v1’d by CM variants). There are more options for the last slot as it’s mostly filler, but Psyshock is for Toxapex, CM is to bolster offensive presence, Focus Blast dents Tran and SR is SR. The listed EVs outrun uninvested Magearna.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

This is a really neat Clef set that has a ton of utility and is one of my favorite sets to use on bulky offenses with threatening breakers like Medi and Pinsir. I really like this thing with Ash Gren especially because being able to paralyze Pex means that Ash Gren can just flinch through it. Thunder Wave is a super dumb move and has a ton of uses that I don't really think need to be elaborated on. Also, Flamethrower is super nice because it lures in Defog Mega Zor that expects to be able to remove your rocks or Ferro that think they can get free hazards vs you for free, or losing their item at most. This set is also cool for smacking broken ass Kartana, as they don't run Smart Strike as much these days. I think that this is a really neat set overall that you guys should try out because while it doesn't provide the same type of utility as SR Clef or have the threat level of CM Clef, it's still a really solid set overall.
I reckon CM, SR and KOff r worth mentioning in the Flamethrower slot too; CM ‘cuz free turns from para+having a means of (slowly) 1v1ing Taunt Tran is broken; SR/KOff ‘cuz those+T-wave on one set is stupid good utility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)