Gen 6 ORAS OU F.E.A.R. Team (Please FIRST RMT)

Hi There!

While playing ShowDown, some players wrote me they liked the strategy of my team, so i thought it was a good idea to ask to the Smogon Community what do they think about it.
This is my first RMT thread and i hope not to break some rules; anyway let's start:

The strategy of the team is based on the F.E.A.R. mechanique, which consists into reducing the enemy's pokemon to about 1-4% h regardless of the opponent, and then make the enemy faint for indirect causes.

The team is focused on lv.1 Aron, which is the perfect subject for a FEAR team.

! (Aron) (M) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
Bashful Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Atk / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD / 0 Spe
- Endeavor
- Protect
- Toxic
- Screech

With Sturdy, Aron can't be KOed by nothing but multiple attacks. Aron will survive any attack with 1hp, tehn will revenge with Endeavor, leaving the opponent at 1hp. Moreover, with shell bell, Aron will completely restore its Hp, making it invulnerable again.
Protect is to prevent from pokemon suspected of carrying Priorities or Will-O-Wisp, so we can then withdraw Aron safely.
Toxic and Screetch are useful support moves, as Aron even dying with max Hp has 1 sue attack, so it can toxic even an Endeavored pokemon, taking him with it.

This strategy seems to work extremely efficently, but obviously has its troubles: first of all, entry hazads. If anything but spider web or toxic spikes is on the field, Aron won't work. So considering that some players may know how Aron works, they can tend to put continuosly entry hazards.
I chose Starmie as Offensive Rapid Spinner:

Twinkle Twinkle (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Offensive Starmie will take care of pokemon like Knock Off Gliscor or Skarmory, and an take down trappers such as Dugtrio. With 361 Speed Starmie outspeeds even Serperior, so can Sweep while providing Rapid Spin coverage. Also, Aron it's vulnerable to Will-O-Wisp, and Starmie can manage fire types.
Natural cure is preferred to Analytic as Starmie is meant to take the status condition, sweep, and then regenerate.

The main problem Aron must face to is that it cannot ABSOLUTELY switch-in, as one hit will break the combo. But what i found extremely interesting is that if Leech Seed is settled, Aron can safely switch-in in any case, as 1/8 of a lv 100 pokemon will ALWAYS be higher than 12 hp.
I chose a Prankster Seeder to guarantee the priority, Whimsicott:

Wonderland (Whimsicott) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Encore/Taunt
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- U-turn

Encore traps the sweepers with side moves, like Roost, Stealt Rock, and so on.
Leech Seed guarantees Aron to be restored when it comes, and it can be launched with U-turn.
Taunt also works well instead of Encore sto FEAR even the Walls, as it blocks status moves, so the pokemon must attack: set up Leech Seed, Taunt a Wall and then switch to Aron.
Even if the enemy changes pokemon we would have taken Aron on the field safely so we can kill the pokemon anyway.
Whimsicott is good also because it can absord enemy's Leech Seed, which also stops Aron.

Endeavor won't kill the enemy, but it will reduce the hp count to 12; with Sandstorm on the field, non Rock-Earth-Steel types will collapse due to the sand. So i thought an excellent partner to set sandstorm would be Mega-Tyranitar:

Devastation (Tyranitar) (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Superpower

Set sandstorm, Mega evolve and then Sweep. It will cripple Flying, Psychic, Fire, Ghost, Normal and some other types. It has enourmous stats in the sand (even defensive) and Speed is not horrible for that tank. I don't think it needs too descriptions.

A sandstorm occurs, i would like something that can take advantage from the weather condition, and moreover, if Starmie is down, we won't be able to clean the terrain. So it seemed to me clear that a good choiche would have been Excadrill:

Rock-Raider (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Fast Spinner, and 3 attacks to criplle part of the enemy's team. Earthquake is the main move, an air balloon is to safely switch-in on Tyranitar when predicting an Earthquake.

In the end i had to consider that Aron is not immortal, so i chose the best-OU-Smogon elected Pokemon: Clefable:

The Witch (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Protect

Unaware lets Clefable wall even boosted sweepers. It can sweep Salamence, Mega Garchomp, Mega Charyzard X and Serperior which usually use stat modifications. Wish*Protect to restore Hp because Moonlight won't work in the sand.

Usually, i lead with Aron, as the start is a free switch in and prediction is simple. If the enemy is not Sand-resistant, i put Tyranitar inside and let the Sand finish it. . After that i start sweeping whatever i can by rotating Starmi, Excadril and Tyranitar, focusing on Aron's problems.
Rock, Fire and Ground types are taken down by Starmie as soon as possible, as Sandstorm will be settled to auto-kill Endeavoured enemies by Tyranitar. This last one guy will sweep whatever it can and then leave space (and sand) to Excadrill, wich outspeeds even the fasters.
Whimsicott is perfect fo support, and Leech Seed is very helpful for Aron: it will also Auto-Kill the Endeavoured enemy. Even if Whimsicott is doomed to die, it will prank the enemy with Leech Seed, so in this case, even if Stealth Rock or Spikes are on the field, Aron will restore completely (this works only if the enemy is NOT going to switch, if that, the combo will never work again, so must be used at VERY-LATE game).
When 1 on 1, Aron can use Toxic to kill the enemy: have you ever wonder how to beat a lv 100 pokemon with a lv1 one? :)

This team seems to work well, but i wonder if you can help me developing it with this mechanics, so you can change the whole team, but not Aron, as this team is built fo supporting it.

As soon as i can i will edit analyzing Checks and Counters and even (if you want) the process i followed; i hope you wil like this team as i invested a lot of time on making it.

If you like it i can even do a printable format, so you can try it.

Greatings!!

- StoneDos95

PS: i don't know how to put images/spoiler bars so i apologize if the quality sucks. Sorry:(

EDIT: I suggest to replace Azelf with a Wish-Passer Unaware Clefable, as a Wish supports guarantees again a safe switch in for Aron, so here's the set:
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Protect

Unaware lets Clefable wall even boosted sweepers. It can sweep Salamence, Mega Garchomp, Mega Charyzard X and Serperior which usually use stat modifications. Wish*Protect to restore Hp because Moonlight won't work in the sand.
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Wish
- Protect

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)