Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
The Tapus and Ultra Beasts are technically not legendaries because their stats are too low. You also forgot Necrozma.
I'm pretty certain that 570 is enough. It's on the low side, yes, but The Forces of Nature are 580, which is only 10 higher, and they're considered legendaries. I'm also pretty certain that the Tapus are officially considered legendary pokemon.

The Tapus and Ultra Beasts are technically not legendaries because their stats are too low. You also forgot Necrozma.
The game code calls them sublegends together with Type:Null, Silvally and all the other legendaries that aren't banned from battle facilities.

Also, if BST was a criterion for legendary status then what would you call Cosmog or Zygarde-10%?

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
i mean the big thing is that the mons can't breed so you can only get 1 (which is also why phione wasn't included)

as for type null and necrozma, i forgot those sorry. type null uses jolly and necrozma runs a bold nature (might want hp fire or something but if you don't get it it's ok)

real talk tho i spent like 45 minutes on this and that's all i get? cmon guys (edit that was a dumb thing to say sorry)

Last edited:
i've seen people claim that it only works if your fast and offensive.

But, i would think Kecleon being slow and still using it disproves it on it's own.

Wanted to hear your thoughts, on say, if something like Snorlax/Suicune got protean. Can we talk about it about how good it may or may not be.

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
i've seen people claim that it only works if your fast and offensive.

But, i would think Kecleon being slow and still using it disproves it on it's own.

Wanted to hear your thoughts, on say, if something like Snorlax/Suicune got protean. Can we talk about it about how good it may or may not be.
Might not be relevant for this part of the site, but I merged it with the SQSA thread anyway.

By the way, that last line of your post is a no-go. We do not do baseless speculation in here, it's against the OI rules.

So I'm pretty sure the Battle Chatelaines (gen 6 Battle Maison) only appear in the 50th battle of Supers and DON'T reappear for the 100th, 150th, etc. though I'd like if someone can confirm this for me. If they DO reappear, it'd be a nice way to put Battle Maison ribbons on some of my special pokemon (like the shiny Latios I SRed for) without having to break my super-long streak.

So I'm pretty sure the Battle Chatelaines (gen 6 Battle Maison) only appear in the 50th battle of Supers and DON'T reappear for the 100th, 150th, etc. though I'd like if someone can confirm this for me. If they DO reappear, it'd be a nice way to put Battle Maison ribbons on some of my special pokemon (like the shiny Latios I SRed for) without having to break my super-long streak.
According to Bulbapedia, it seems that they don't appear after the 50th battle.

Is there a limit to how many Battle Videos you can have uploaded at once from the same game in Gen 7? I know it was limited to 10 per game in Gen 6, has that been changed in Gen 7?

Is there a list of Pokemon that have NEVER been available as wild Pokemon in the core games (discounting friend safari, dream world, white forest, pal park)?

Can you fight the frontier brains again after their gold symbol/print matches?
Actually yes, you can. In Emerald, you get to rematch the Frontier Brains with their Gold teams after battling for a few more rounds which varies depending on the facility. It is essentially the number of battles you had to get there *1.5, or the amount of battles between their Silver and Gold matches. I'll try to explain a bit in more detail.

In the Dome, you can rebattle Tucker at the end of the 15th tournament (I have done this myself) and in the Tower you'll get to rebattle Anabel on the 105th battle. I would imagine the number for the Palace/Factory would be #63, and #84 for the Arena. I have no idea about the Pike and Pyramid since they are irregular in terms of when you get to battle the Frontier Brains for the first and second time.

As for the Gen 4 Frontier, it is possible but not in the same way. You are not supposed to be able to rebattle the Brains in the same streak but the Battle Facilities (or the Tower at least) loops after 1792 battles (7*256). Thus, Battle #1793 becomes Battle #1, allowing you to rebattle the Brains with their Silver teams at Battle #1813 and their Gold teams at Battle #1841. At least in Platinum. I know about this because I remember reading some old posts about this in the 4th Gen Frontier thread. You can find and read about it here and for a few posts forward. Though I'm not sure if this happens in HG/SS too, or whether it is limited to just the Tower or if it happens in the other facilities as well. My guess is that it would be different in the Hall at least if it is possible there since it is different in structure compared to the others.

Actually yes, you can. In Emerald, you get to rematch the Frontier Brains with their Gold teams after battling for a few more rounds which varies depending on the facility. It is essentially the number of battles you had to get there *1.5, or the amount of battles between their Silver and Gold matches. I'll try to explain a bit in more detail.

In the Dome, you can rebattle Tucker at the end of the 15th tournament (I have done this myself) and in the Tower you'll get to rebattle Anabel on the 105th battle. I would imagine the number for the Palace/Factory would be #63, and #84 for the Arena. I have no idea about the Pike and Pyramid since they are irregular in terms of when you get to battle the Frontier Brains for the first and second time.

As for the Gen 4 Frontier, it is possible but not in the same way. You are not supposed to be able to rebattle the Brains in the same streak but the Battle Facilities (or the Tower at least) loops after 1792 battles (7*256). Thus, Battle #1793 becomes Battle #1, allowing you to rebattle the Brains with their Silver teams at Battle #1813 and their Gold teams at Battle #1841. At least in Platinum. I know about this because I remember reading some old posts about this in the 4th Gen Frontier thread. You can find and read about it here and for a few posts forward. Though I'm not sure if this happens in HG/SS too, or whether it is limited to just the Tower or if it happens in the other facilities as well. My guess is that it would be different in the Hall at least if it is possible there since it is different in structure compared to the others.
Thanks for the answer. I have a follow-up if you dont mind: in emerald, do the brains get treated like regular trainers when you battle them after their gold match or do they still get the flashy entrance?

Riolu. Lucario. They are normal Pokémon but they have a movie about them. There are usually movies about legendaries like Mewtwo and Hoopa. But Riolu and Lucario? They are completely normal. Why do they have a movie about them? How are they so special?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
What is a "base stat"? When a Pokémon (or Fakémon) is made, it has "base stats". What are they?
you are a brave person and i appreciate that you asked instead of dwelling in ignorance

they are this:

base stats refer to a pokemon's, uh, base levels for each stat. they are used in calculating the actual stat of a pokemon (so if A has a higher base HP than B, if trained in the same way A will have a higher HP stat than B). further reading

Does anyone know of any sites (other than Cyberscore) that keep track of Pokeathlon records? Maybe any Japanese communities, or perhaps the forums in one of the other Pokemon fansites that I haven't explored? I was just thinking that we probably don't know the true world records for these events/courses because there's not enough data on them.

It's me again. In Project: Pokemon, I have a team with Pikachu in it. Electricity is strong against Water. Yet, Pikachu kept dying against Misty. Pikachu could not kill Staryu and Staryu killed Pikachu in 1 hit.

It's me again. In Project: Pokemon, I have a team with Pikachu in it. Electricity is strong against Water. Yet, Pikachu kept dying against Misty. Pikachu could not kill Staryu and Staryu killed Pikachu in 1 hit.
First, a Pokemon faints when its HP reaches or goes below 0, so Pokemon with more HP are often better than Pokemon with less of it. Pokemon usually lose HP by taking damage from attacks. This is the first part of the damage formula:
((2*level)/5+2)*power*attack stat)/(50*defense stat)+2
As you can see, stuff like levels, stats, and base powers are taken into account as well as types. I would suggest using something with good stats and high power moves, like Kadabra or Mankey. If your problem is level, then try defeating all the trainers you haven't defeated already and maybe level grinding a bit if that doesn't work.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think it's safe to assume he knows how HP works. It's pretty basic RPG knowledge, plus he's already been playing for a bit if he's at Misty.

TrainerNoodle13 Pikachu is frail and doesn't resist Water. You should use a Grass-type like Bellsprout.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)