Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Catching Landorus in US/UM requires you to have Tornadus and Thundurus on your team. Do the Tornadus and Thundurus have to come from US/UM, or can I use ones from 5th/6th gen?

Hi there, I searched over the whole internet, but didn't get an trustful answer:

At the point in the game where you are forced to encounter Blacephalon (2x in Ultra Sun), you don't have unlocked the iv judge (it's at the battle tree, where you can't go to until more progressing in the story. Else, there are story related stuff after catching one, so checking HP taking much time.

I have read in another forum, that you can run away from the two Blacephalon and later come back to catch them. Now the very important question: If I ran away through the story, are the stats, nature and so on locked at the first encounter or can I SR for shiny at the second encounter?

Short: If I had a timid synchro Alakazam and run away, are those Blacephalon from this point on locked as timid or could I get at the second visit (after running away first time) for example two adamant because they aren't locked. I am thinking back to Latios in Gold / Silver where Latios' stats were given as you first encountered.

It would be great if someone would know if I can RNG later. Thank you very much in advance!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, I searched over the whole internet, but didn't get an trustful answer:

At the point in the game where you are forced to encounter Blacephalon (2x in Ultra Sun), you don't have unlocked the iv judge (it's at the battle tree, where you can't go to until more progressing in the story. Else, there are story related stuff after catching one, so checking HP taking much time.

I have read in another forum, that you can run away from the two Blacephalon and later come back to catch them. Now the very important question: If I ran away through the story, are the stats, nature and so on locked at the first encounter or can I SR for shiny at the second encounter?

Short: If I had a timid synchro Alakazam and run away, are those Blacephalon from this point on locked as timid or could I get at the second visit (after running away first time) for example two adamant because they aren't locked. I am thinking back to Latios in Gold / Silver where Latios' stats were given as you first encountered.

It would be great if someone would know if I can RNG later. Thank you very much in advance!
Blacephalon's IVs and nature and such reset each time you run into it. So you don't have to worry about getting set IVs, nature or such from running away the first time.

Can you catch infinite Ultra Beasts (in the Wormholes) or are you limited to just one?
The only Ultra Beasts that are of limited quantity are the new ones. (the Poipole offered in Ultra Megalopolis and the two Blacephalon/Stakataka in Poni Grove) The old ones can be caught as many times as you wish, as they'll respawn whenever you visit their respective worlds again.

Even though I was lucky enough to catch it in ten Ultras, I'm curious: does the area you find Virizion inside in Black/White count as a cave area that will give the Dusk Ball its higher catch rate?

Even though I was lucky enough to catch it in ten Ultras, I'm curious: does the area you find Virizion inside in Black/White count as a cave area that will give the Dusk Ball its higher catch rate?
I don't know for sure, but I doubt it counts as a cave any more than the rest of Pinwheel Forest does. Still, you can opt to try catching Virizion at night for Dusk Ball to get the enhanced catch rate anyway.

Hey guys, quick question. I've traded up most of my stuff from my HeartGold file, but before starting a new game is there anything exclusive to the game that I should get beforehand (ball combinations, tutors, etc.)? I'm only going up to Gen 6 (Pokemon Y). Any advice is appreciated!

Hey guys, quick question. I've traded up most of my stuff from my HeartGold file, but before starting a new game is there anything exclusive to the game that I should get beforehand (ball combinations, tutors, etc.)? I'm only going up to Gen 6 (Pokemon Y). Any advice is appreciated!
Catch as much as you can in Apricorn balls. (preferably female if possible) The mother can pass her ball down to her offspring in gen 6, and as both male and genderless Pokemon in gen 7 can also pass their balls down if breeding with Ditto, (and a 50% chance of doing so if breeding with a female of the same species such as two Bagon, which also opens up HA Apricorn ball Pokemon for some. This excludes Cherish Ball and Master Ball) people will certainly have interest. (especially since the gen 7 games all only provide 2 of each Apricorn ball at most without trading for more)

I'd also suggest attempting to catch as much as you can from the Safari Zone and the Bug Catching Contest since the Safari Ball and Sport Ball are not available in future generations. If you can trade between HeartGold and Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, do try to teach Defog to the Pokemon that can learn it there and then trade back before transferring. (since Defog isn't a HM in HeartGold)

How exactly is Synchronize used to get a nature in SOS chains?

I was chaining Ditto and I caught one that was summoned in front of my Naive Synchronize Kadabra (it even had Imposter to prove it), but after catching it, it turned out to have an Adamant nature. I thought the Synchronizer needed to be in the battlefield when a Pokemon was summoned...

How exactly is Synchronize used to get a nature in SOS chains?

I was chaining Ditto and I caught one that was summoned in front of my Naive Synchronize Kadabra (it even had Imposter to prove it), but after catching it, it turned out to have an Adamant nature. I thought the Synchronizer needed to be in the battlefield when a Pokemon was summoned...
Doesn't it have just the normal 50% chance though?

Doesn't it have just the normal 50% chance though?
No, I just... answered my own question. It is guaranteed but takes the nature of the first Pokemon in the party... which was an Adamant Kartana. It takes no regard on whether it was a pokemon with Synchronize or not when it triggers.

*facepalms*

Uh syncronize was never guaranteed on anything other than gifts. It's still 50% on SoS chains, and it takes the active Syncronyzer in SoS chains UNLESS you fainted the Sync before the fight in first spot of the party, which will allow to use Sync despite it not being the active poke.

If he plans on transferring to gen 7, Defog is now a tutored move so that's quite unnecessary :P
Yet he said he's only going up to gen 6, (Y specifically) so the point still stands. (don't get me wrong, it is great that we finally have Defog available as a tutor move in gen 7, and I hope it'll stay for future generations)

I don't see it disappearing in future gens.

Nintendo has been quite adamant in removing the need of having to transfer pokes from previous gens for specific competitive move usage, and actually useful former TM/tutored moves have never disappeared since gen 5 (either remained as tutors, or got added as egg moves to common pokes, see Power Up Punch or Defog)

Question regarding Shiny Pokemon from Gen 1/2 VC to SM/USUM.

Has the PokeTransporter been updated/fixed so;
- If a Pokemon in Gen 1 is shiny when traded to Gen 2 it is also shiny when transferred to Gen 7.
- If a Pokemon is shiny in Gen 2 it is also shiny when transferred to Gen 7.
- If a Pokemon in Gen 2 is shiny and traded to Gen 1 it will still be shiny when transferred to Gen 7.

Got a ton of shinies I hatched in Gold and SR'd Lugia and Ho-oh I don't want to screw up xDD.

Question regarding Shiny Pokemon from Gen 1/2 VC to SM/USUM.

Has the PokeTransporter been updated/fixed so;
- If a Pokemon in Gen 1 is shiny when traded to Gen 2 it is also shiny when transferred to Gen 7.
- If a Pokemon is shiny in Gen 2 it is also shiny when transferred to Gen 7.
- If a Pokemon in Gen 2 is shiny and traded to Gen 1 it will still be shiny when transferred to Gen 7.

Got a ton of shinies I hatched in Gold and SR'd Lugia and Ho-oh I don't want to screw up xDD.
The IVs for shiny formula was fixed when Gen 2 VC was released, so that everything that would be shiny in GSC will be so in Gen 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)