SM LC Oragami chainsaw (axew offense)

Introduction

Axew has an interesting place in LC, a fantastic ability in mold breaker, combined with decent speed, and 87 attack, (the tenth highest in LC) make it a threat. On the other hand, pure dragon typing means no secondary stab, and a reliance on outrage to seriously dent walls makes it vulnerable to fairies even after a DD or two. It can be a potent win con, but it is so reliant on support, and provides relatively little in return, that usually it will either ein the game, or contribute nothing. Thus, I would usually prefer BD zigzagoon or DD corphish, both of which can provide priority for revenge killing weakened Pokémon, and so can help somewhat throughout the match if need be.

When I decided to build an Axew team, I wanted to use a set that could act as a late game cleaner, while simultaneously providing me with enough utility to justify using axew over another sweeper. I believe to a certain extent I have achieved this.

Teambuilding Process

My Axew team started as most Axew teams do, with Axew

Axew murders bird checks, in particular; pawniard, magnemite, and onix, so might as well add some birds to take advantage, vullaby helps with the mienfoo matchup as Axew has trouble with it, it also gives me an answer to foongus, and other bulky pokemon, knock off support is also appreciated by Axew as without a boost it has trouble with bulky pokemon.

I needed something to best fairy types, and a general answer to fighting types. (vullaby takes neutral from fighting type moves.) Croagunk seemed to be a perfect fit as he synergizes nearly perfectly with vullaby, and gave me priority and a water immunity.

I wanted a fast scarf user who could take on most frail threats like abra and diglett (with sash broken) while also giving me something to use against bird spam teams. I chose scarf chinchou, as it gives me a birds check, and a blanket offensive check to most of the meta.

Next, I needed a rocks user, preferably one that could beat Dangerous setup sweepers like zigzagoon, shellder, and the like. Ferroseed was the obvious choice.

Finally, I figured I could use something to blast holes in the enemy team, I had a defogger in vullaby and a solid answer to lead onix in axew who combine to keep rocks off most of the time, so I decided on ponyta.

The Team

the AXE (Axew) @ Choice Scarf | Mold Breaker
Adamant | 148 HP / 220 Atk / 140 Spe
• Aqua Tail
• Outrage
• Poison Jab
• Superpower

Overview:

My centerpiece and the only real innovation on the team, this is cleaner scarf Axew. As previously stated, Axew has numerous qualities that give it a niche in the metagame, but in my mind it is outclassed in most of the roles I would want for it. This set is different, as it can legitimately do things no other pokemon can. For one, it is the best anti lead for opposing onix, outspeeding and OHKO’ing the sturdy set without trouble, as most Axew sets don’t carry a move to OHKO onix it tends to stay in turn one. With this set, Axew can provide offensive support throughout the match, and is rarely deadweight. Not bad.

The set:

Ev’s give me maximum attack hitting 19 with an adamant nature, this allows for an OHKO on Onix, and magnemite, as well as a 2hko on ferroseed. The set hits that magical fourteen speed, which is nice, I could go faster with more investment, but I have 17 speed scarf chinchou, so I decided to invest in HP so I could bring it in more. This set usually survives psychic from sash abra with the extra hp, if the sash is broken I out speed and kill with outrage.

Aqua tail can OHKO sturdy juice onix even if it has maximum physical bulk investment, which really helps as it keeps rocks off, of course the eviolite set could live if given enough investment, but un-invested it also dies if I hit. Besides onix, this move hits ponyta hard without forcing me to lock myself into outrage, always 2hkoing. It’s a solid coverage move, hitting fire, rock, and ground types for heavy damage without locking me into outrage.

Speaking of outrage, this move lets me take on weakened teams, and sweep late game, or break midgame if the enemy has no fairies. Outrage has very high BP to complement Axew’s already high attack and combined with STAB, it means that a neutral outrage will often hit harder than a SE poison jab or aqua tail. If Axew is going to sweep, it will probably be with outrage.

Poison jab is the least useful of the moves on the set, as it only helps against the two fairy types that commonly find their way onto teams these days. With prediction, you can punish them on the switch, but you really won’t be killing them without substantial prior damage. I chose this over Iron tail as it has 100% accuracy, thus it is the only move with 100% accuracy that I can use without locking me into outrage, or reducing my attack. This means Poison jab can be used to sweep late game, against severely weakened teams late game, as though it won’t hit as hard as outrage, it has the potential to hit several Pokémon without me risking confusion.

Speaking of attack drops, superpower is a good move for breaking early game, it 2hko’s ferro even with the drop, and lets me OHKO sturdy mag, and the ever present pawniard. Of course, those mon’s will probably not stay in if they think you have it, as though axew is rare most axew pack superpower. Still the speed might surprise them.

Vullaby @ Eviolite | Overcoat
Impish | 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
• Roost
• Knock Off
• Brave Bird
• Defog

Vullaby is one of the best pokemon in the metagame, and can run several great sets ranging from special sweeper to support, and in most of these roles, it is the king. For this reason, vullaby has found it’s way onto most of my teams since gen 6. This time around I opted for a defensive utility vullaby, which allows me to beat most of the bulky stuff that axew can’t. vullaby provides knock off support, defog, and bulk, as well as a switch in to things like foongus’s spore thanks to overcoat.

The set:

EV’s and nature give me a combination of bulk and power, to allow me to support the team throughout the game. It avoids the 2hko from bulky mienfoo’s HJK (without rocks), while doing massive damage with brave bird in return. (be mindful of recoil however) as this is a defensive/supportive set, I opted for overcoat, letting me take spore/stunspore in stride, and not reducing my defense with contact moves.

Roost lets me recover off prior damage, particularly important as vullaby is rock weak. And I want to be able to check relevant threats throughout the game.

Knock off is one of the best dark type moves in lc, and is a big part of why dark types like vullaby and pawniard are so good in the meta. Removing items in a tier where Pokémon rely on eviolites just to survive? Yes please. Not to mention knocking off berry juice makes most onix and magnimites weary to switch in, which is great as they are often the best answers to brave bird on teams.

Brave bird, is my main stab move, it lets me beat foongus, and fighting types. Obviously, recoil is a problem, but I have roost so it isn’t disabling.

Defog support is a requirement if I’m going to put two rocks weak Pokémon on the same team. And vullaby is one of the better users in the tier, so I might as well take advantage of that.

Croagunk @ Eviolite | Dry Skin
Quiet | 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
• Knock Off
• Sludge Bomb
• Vacuum Wave
• Drain Punch

Croagunk forms a defensive core with vullaby, who is immune to both of croagunk’s weaknesses. Croagunk is a secondary check to the tiers’s premier fighting types. I opted for the mixed utility set as it is a solid attacker, has priority, and checks many of the threatening pokemon in the tier.

The set:

This set is very standard, you can find it on the smogon page, but there’s a reason it’s standard.

Dry skin gives me a scald switch in, which synergises well with ponyta, and helps axew to avoid potential burns.

The EV’s are directly from the smogon entry, so I’m not 100% sure what they do. (hey I’m being honest)

Knock off is a very spammable move, and as vullaby pawniard and ferroseed share few counters, each of them are generally able to remove eviolites for axew or chinchou late game.

Sludge bomb is for fighting types like foo or timbur, as well as fairies, hitting them very hard if they decide to stay in, this move is obligatory if I want to best fighting types.

Vacuum wave is priority, and does things like OHKO pawniard. Who would otherwise threaten me as it comes in on vullaby for free. It also comes in on axew locked into anything bar superpower.

Drain punch is for recovery, and improved power against the likes of munchlax, and ferroseed.

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf | Volt Absorb
Timid | 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
• Hydro Pump
• Volt Switch
• Ice Beam
• Scald

Overview:

Scarf chinchou is another set I have used since gen 5, it really is nice to have quick volt switch, and an electric type that can beat digglet as long as I scald/ice beam on the switch. Late game the combination of axew and chinchou is very good, as few teams can withstand the combined offensive pressure. Axew provides the raw power, while chinchou brings the speed and finesse.

The set:

I opted for max speed and power, as axew can’t outrun most scarfers with adamant nature and bulk investment, chinchou as a 17 speed scarfer is very fast, and so covers for axew as few scarfers in the tier really enjoy a hydro pump to the face.

Hydro pump is a very powerful move, and serves as my nuke, shoddy accuracy is a problem, but If I connect I can often deal massive damage. It’s also the better option against timbur in the switch as I don’t risk giving him a guts boost.

Volt switch is excellent if I don’t manage to volt switch on the incoming diglett, if the enemy team has no ground types, I’m free to take advantage of the free momentum this move brings me. It also lets me break sashes on something like abra and come back later to pick up a kill after a sack.

Ice beam is a powerful move with 100% accuracy, and importantly the ability to hit foongus who seems to be a favorite switch in for my opponents.

Finally scald is a secondary stab move with the potential to burn things, honestly scald is a really good move and is generally worth consideration on any water type special attacker that learns it. Against weakened threats late game, scald is preferred over hydro pump because it has 100% accuracy.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite | Iron Barbs
Impish | 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
• Bullet Seed
• Knock Off
• Thunder Wave
• Stealth Rock
Overview:

Rocks are a requirement in most tiers, and I feel LC is the same, there should always be a cost to switching around, and having that chip every time something wants to come in means axew and chinchou will have a better time late game. Ferroseed, dispite its lack of recovery gives me rocks, and an emergency stop to boosting sweepers like smash shellder and zigzagoon. Which is nice.

The set:

Bullet seed keeps me from being passive, and kills enemy shell smash users, punished onix, staryu, and drillbur, who might try to remove my hazards or set up their own.

This is my third knock off user, which is nice as removing eviolites is the best way to weaken teams in lc, particularly when combined with rocks, few pokemon will want to take an outrage or a hydro without an item and with rocks damage. Knock off is very important to my strategy, throughout the game.

Thunder wave cripples fast pokemon and gives me momentum, ferroseed is a particularly good user as it can bullet seed chinchou, and most of the ground types that are immune to the move.

Stealth rock is, as previously mentioned, a very useful move. Particularly on teams aimed at wearing the enemy down with offensive pressure, getting that chip damage is crucial for turning 2hko’s into OHKO’s and 3hko’s into 2hko’s. As this team is very good at preventing rocks thanks to axew, having my own rocks compounds my advantage.

Ponyta @ Grassium Z | Flash Fire
Timid | 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
• Solar Beam
• Flamethrower
• Flame Charge
• Hypnosis

I had a fair bit of trouble deciding on a pokemon for the final spot, I wanted something to break for my cleaners, which might be able to sweep if the enemy is slow. I decided on bloomdoom pony. Pony draws in water type attacks, which I can handle with croagunk. And it can lure in and kill bulky waters with bloomdoom, also nice. It also receives a boost from fire type moves aimed at croagunk or ferroseed thanks to flash fire.

The set:

Pony hits the prodigious 19 speed tier, which is a select club in lc. I decided to take advantage of this with timid nature, and put what remained into special attack.

Solar beam + grassium z is a 190 bp bloom doom, which is threatening levels of power. Ponyta draws in bulky water types which would ordinarily tank pony’s fire type moves, chinchou takes nothing from wild charge, and so really likes to switch into pony, only to be destroyed by bloom doom.

Flamethrower is my main stab move, which has a nice 100% accuracy, nothing to snuff at. I could opt for the higher power from fireblast, but I would rather do some damage reliably, than more damage unreliably.

Flame charge boosts my speed making me ridiculously difficult to RK without priority. At +1 I outpace even smash mons, and ever relevant scarf user and I have little difficulty in killing them (the very weak attack is enough to break sturdy without giving them juice.) of course this move is very weak, and so you can’t expect to kill with it.

Hypnosis is the final move in this set it really is only usable as a last resort against something that ponyta cannot otherwise kill. The accuracy is horrible.

Conclusion

This team is my attempt at showcasing a very interesting Axew set that has served me well on this and other teams, I hope you guys get the chance to try this out, or feel inspired to use a pokemon or a set that doesn’t get much love in the lc metagame. Please let me know what I should change to improve the team. Thanks!

-mecoptera

the AXE (Axew) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 148 HP / 220 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Superpower

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 236 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 116 Def / 108 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Drain Punch

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Ponyta @ Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Flame Charge
- Hypnosis

twinkay

la bella vita
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, cool team. I am a personally a fan of Axew, although it may not be the most viable of Pokemon. I'm just going to leave a quick rate though, because there are a couple of things I'd like to touch on that I believe will help your team overall. Your team actually supports Axew pretty well, although there are certain Pokemon that give Axew trouble that can be a nuisance to the team or just overall threats. Fairy-types just stay in on much of the team, and can gain quite a significant advantage if they switch in on say, an Outrage. Spritzee gains a special mention; Croagunk's Sludge Bomb doesn't come close to OHKOing it, and if Spritzee manages to get a Calm Mind than a Croagunk switch will lead to Spritzee getting even more boosts. Ferroseed also can put Axew in a bad spot (considering you don't really want to lock yourself into Superpower) and nobody in their right mind leaves it in on a Ponyta. Croagunk's attacks only lead to it getting t-waved, which is not fun. I'm going to try to focus less on offensive threats for this rate, but Diglett is a solid threat because it traps Ponyta, Croagunk, and Volt Switch-locked Chinchou; the Sash set can trap even more with its Sash preserved, including beating Axew with Earthquake + Sucker Punch.

Vullaby, in my opinion, is easily the most expendable member of the team. It doesn't really serve much purpose other than a Psychic immunity and it just adds on to the Fairy weakness. These changes will mostly revolve around changing Vullaby for another Pokemon; keep that in mind.

• /
    Vullaby
    to Carvanha OR Grimer-A: Without a Dark-type, the team is immensely pressured by certain Psychic-types (HP Fighting Abra comes to mind) but the current Dark-type is lacking, in my opinion. Carvanha effectively combines both Chinchou's and Vullaby's role on the team, which gives you a whole slot to work with. To clarify, I'm talking about the special set here, as that actually does more damage to Spritzee and does the same to Ferroseed. If a Diglett is on the opposing team, than much Volt Switching cannot be done safely anyhow, making Carvanha arguably the stronger choice. Carvanha can also chip Ferroseed down for others to pick off later. Grimer-A, on the other hand, pressures Fairies, can pressure Ferroseed with Fire Blast, and is one of the sturdiest Abra checks around. It's slower than Pawn though and lacks priority. You'll notice, though, that the team becomes somewhat Diglett weak with the latter of these choices, making the former my preference. This change is kind of the foundation of the rate, so I'll probably be referencing it quite often.
  • Chinchou
    to Diglett: At first, this may seem like kind of a strange choice; after all, I'm replacing a revenge killer with a much different revenge killer, but this is actually a helpful addition to the team. Axew tends to struggle against Steel-types, which Diglett easily deals with. Diglett actually neutralizes many Pokemon that can be nuisances to the team: like Ponyta / Torchic, for example. Overall, Diglett supports the team's main goal, cleaning with Scarf Axew, very well, and is just a nice Pokemon overall to have.
That's it for the major changes. Here's some minor ones you may want to consider:
  • Spikes > Thunder Wave
    on Ferroseed: Thunder Wave is a nice move but Spikes is a fine option to consider, especially when your team is already pretty fast. Spikes is a great offensive tool, and is a convenient way to provide added pressure against Steel-types that take nothing from Stealth Rock, which this team appreciates.
  • Iron Tail > Poison Jab
    on Axew: I understand your reasoning for choosing Poison Jab but the extra power of Iron Tail could be a lot more useful for your team, especially against Spritzee. It's not that big of a deal though.
Hope these changes help!
Axew @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Outrage
- Poison Jab / Iron Tail
- Superpower

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Drain Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave / Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Ponyta @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Flame Charge
- Hypnosis

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Last edited:
Hey, cool team. I am a personally a fan of Axew, although it may not be the most viable of Pokemon. I'm just going to leave a quick rate though, because there are a couple of things I'd like to touch on that I believe will help your team overall. Your team actually supports Axew pretty well, although there are certain Pokemon that give Axew trouble that can be a nuisance to the team or just overall threats. Fairy-types just stay in on much of the team, and can gain quite a significant advantage if they switch in on say, an Outrage. Spritzee gains a special mention; Croagunk's Sludge Bomb doesn't come close to OHKOing it, and if Spritzee manages to get a Calm Mind than a Croagunk switch will lead to Spritzee getting even more boosts. Ferroseed also can put Axew in a bad spot (considering you don't really want to lock yourself into Superpower) and nobody in their right mind leaves it in on a Ponyta. Croagunk's attacks only lead to it getting t-waved, which is not fun. I'm going to try to focus less on offensive threats for this rate, but Diglett is a solid threat because it traps Ponyta, Croagunk, and Volt Switch-locked Chinchou; the Sash set can trap even more with its Sash preserved, including beating Axew with Earthquake + Sucker Punch.

Vullaby, in my opinion, is easily the most expendable member of the team. It doesn't really serve much purpose other than a Psychic immunity and it just adds on to the Fairy weakness. These changes will mostly revolve around changing Vullaby for another Pokemon; keep that in mind.

• /
    Vullaby
    to Carvanha OR Grimer-A: Without a Dark-type, the team is immensely pressured by certain Psychic-types (HP Fighting Abra comes to mind) but the current Dark-type is lacking, in my opinion. Carvanha effectively combines both Chinchou's and Vullaby's role on the team, which gives you a whole slot to work with. To clarify, I'm talking about the special set here, as that actually does more damage to Spritzee and does the same to Ferroseed. If a Diglett is on the opposing team, than much Volt Switching cannot be done safely anyhow, making Carvanha arguably the stronger choice. Carvanha can also chip Ferroseed down for others to pick off later. Grimer-A, on the other hand, pressures Fairies, can pressure Ferroseed with Fire Blast, and is one of the sturdiest Abra checks around. It's slower than Pawn though and lacks priority. You'll notice, though, that the team becomes somewhat Diglett weak with the latter of these choices, making the former my preference. This change is kind of the foundation of the rate, so I'll probably be referencing it quite often.
  • Chinchou
    to Diglett: At first, this may seem like kind of a strange choice; after all, I'm replacing a revenge killer with a much different revenge killer, but this is actually a helpful addition to the team. Axew tends to struggle against Steel-types, which Diglett easily deals with. Diglett actually neutralizes many Pokemon that can be nuisances to the team: like Ponyta / Torchic, for example. Overall, Diglett supports the team's main goal, cleaning with Scarf Axew, very well, and is just a nice Pokemon overall to have.
That's it for the major changes. Here's some minor ones you may want to consider:
  • Spikes > Thunder Wave
    on Ferroseed: Thunder Wave is a nice move but Spikes is a fine option to consider, especially when your team is already pretty fast. Spikes is a great offensive tool, and is a convenient way to provide added pressure against Steel-types that take nothing from Stealth Rock, which this team appreciates.
  • Iron Tail > Poison Jab
    on Axew: I understand your reasoning for choosing Poison Jab but the extra power of Iron Tail could be a lot more useful for your team, especially against Spritzee. It's not that big of a deal though.
Hope these changes help!
Axew @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Outrage
- Poison Jab / Iron Tail
- Superpower

Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Quiet Nature
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Drain Punch

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave / Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Ponyta @ Grassium Z
Timid Nature
- Solar Beam
- Flamethrower
- Flame Charge
- Hypnosis

Diglett @ Life Orb
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
Thanks so much for the advice, I will be trying your sets out to see how well they do.
I may not have been as clear as I should have about why I put Def vullaby onto the team, the role idea was basically "I have ponyta without recovery, might as well not get crushed by stealth rocks." Additional support from knock offs is one of the better ways to handle ferroseed and spritzee (the latter on the switch) as the former lacks recovery and the latter suddenly can't switch in as every Pokemon on my team can 2hko bar ferroseed.
The other thing vullaby provides is a bit of a backbone in conjunction with ferroseed and croagunk. without eviolite, axew can be knocked over by a stiff breeze. If axew can't kill whatever is in front of it, he should be switched out, which means I need somthing to switch to, chinchou is in the same dilemma with the added benefit of volt switch. while vullaby lacks synergy with axew, it makes up for it with synergy with chinchou and croagunk, meaning that i can turn electric type attacks into free momentum or earthquakes into free defogs or a double switch.

Of course the other problem is that my grass type really doesn't appreciate foongus as most of them seem to pack HP fire these days. Without vullaby I have to choose between losing a pokemon to sleep or losing ferroseed to hp fire, and then losing something to sleep as I don't OHKO with flamethrower from full. with regenerator and the ability to tank most of what I can throw at it, foongus is a big threat to double scarf teams like this.

I do love grimer alola, in particular its ability to deal with abra and ghastly, and though I've never really liked carvannah, I've played enough to know how threatening it is. i feel like I would open up a bit of a EQ weakness if i replaced vullaby with grimer alola, as suddenly I would have four Pokemon weak to the move, I already feel I'm pushing it with three, and even then i can only justify it to myself by noting that I have an immunity. Carvannah isn't weak to EQ, but with its rather pitiful defensive stats it's not like it can really tank one.

as you note, Abra is a threat, I generally check it offensively by breaking the sash and killing it with the appropriate strong attack from either of my scarf users, but it's still a problem.

TL;DR:
vullaby has four main functions
1) defog
2) switch in to foongus
3) ground immunity
4) pivot for chinchou, ponyta, and croagunk

one other note, I had written precisely why I prefer Poison jab to iron tail on axew, but i sort of cut it for brevity. my reasoning is basically this:
----with eviolite----
220+ Atk Mold Breaker Axew Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 10-14 (37 - 51.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
220+ Atk Mold Breaker Axew Iron Tail vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 12-16 (44.4 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
----without eviolite----
220+ Atk Mold Breaker Axew Poison Jab vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Spritzee: 14-18 (51.8 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
220+ Atk Mold Breaker Axew Iron Tail vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Spritzee: 18-22 (66.6 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

so obviously iron tail hits harder, but poison jab still has a high chance of a 2hko after rocks. Iron tail has 75% accuracy so my chance of hitting two in a row is 56.25% almost a coin flip. If I knock off the eviolite, i have 100% with poison jab, but the same 56% chance with iron tail. Thus, I will always have a better chance against spritzee if I use poison jab over iron tail.

Thanks for the thoughtful rate, I will be trying everything out as soon as I finish studying for the grad school exam. (someone save me)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)