Resource OM Teambuilding Shop

art by bummer

Choose a service:

1) Comprehensive Teambuild:
User provides 1-2 Pokemon to build around, and can request a playstyle.
Mechanics have the right to alter Pokemon to fit playstyle better.
(Our standard service by some of the best teambuilders available.)

2) Tune Up:
User posts completed team for minor tweaks and adjustments.
Should explain what's working/what's not working.
(Think of it as a mini-RMT.)

Meet the mechanics:
Mix and Mega: Quantum Tesseract Chazm
Almost Any Ability: Quantum Tesseract Funbot28
ZU: Diagnostic Xayah Aaronboyer DurzaOffTopic jklioe
STABmons: Funbot28 wishes ihhca Kris
1v1: MaceMaster Freddy Kyogre
Balanced Hackmons: Willdbeast morogrim Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) aki0s
Anything Goes: Catalystic

Our terms and conditions:
  • You may request services for any metagame playable on Pokemon Showdown! Monotype teams should be requested in the Monotype subforum.
  • Teams for past and present Other Metagames of the Month and Leaders' Choices of the Month can be requested. However, these may take longer, especially for less popular metagames, so it is generally wiser to request a team for a current ladder.
  • For the Comprehensive Teambuild, post a core of up to two viable Pokemon. If you're not sure about the core's viability, refer to that OM's viability ranking (if it exists) or ask around on Pokemon Showdown!.
  • Mechanics have the right to decline or alter a core to make it viable.
  • Users who contribute good advice and volunteer their time consistently may be hired on as Mechanics.
  • If we don't have a Mechanic who matches your metagame, we will open the request up to the rest of the OM community.
  • Use this format when requesting a service:
    • Metagame:
    • Service: (1 or 2)
    • Sprite(s) of Pokemon: (sprites can be found here, although feel free to use your own: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/)
    • Sets: (required for the Tune Up)
    • Short Description: (why do you want this/these Pokemon? / why is the team not working?)
    • Playstyle: (for example, you can ask for a stall team if that is your preferred playstyle. But don't ask for Pokemon that don't fit that playstyle, such as stall with Mega Beedrill.)
Please wait at least a week before requesting a new service. We apologize if your team is never picked up, but please remember we may not have the Mechanic with the skills necessary to help. Thank you and come again!

Current Queue

Last edited:
Mechanics Changes:
01/16/2018: MAMP has taken a leave of Absence from Bh Teambuilding
03/21/2018: Willdbeast has become a BH Builder
03/21/2018: Thimo has been removed from the shop due to quitting Smogon. He may reclaim this position should he desire it upon a return.
03/21/2018: InfernapeTropius11 has been removed from the shop due to inactivity. He may reclaim this position should he desire it upon a return.

Last edited:
  • Metagame: STABmons
  • Service: 1 (Comprehensive Teambuild)

Yanmega @ Flynium Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Quiver Dance
- Tail Glow
- Substitute​
  • Short Description: I've always wanted to get into STABmons but never really got the opportunity, well, maybe with a good team I can get the hang of it! But let's talk about the set, yes, I'm aware Double Dance isn't the standard Yanmega set, but it's something that looks interesting in my eyes as Tinted Lens is a very unexplored ability, and since the only typing that can quad resist flying is rock/electric, 803 out of 806 Pokémon are hit at least neutrally by Yanmega's Oblivion Wing. Substitute may seem odd at first until you realize Yanmega doesn't really need any extra coverage, Substitute really helps against FakeSpeed users when coupled with Oblivion Wing but Hurricane / Aeroblast could be used for a stronger Z-move. If this set is really bad tho feel free to use something else, I'm not as experienced so I really don't know what's optimal.
  • Playstyle: I'd rather Bulky Offense, but feel free to make a team ranging from Balance to Hyper Offense if it fits Double Dance Yanmega better.
Thanks in advance for building :)

Ren

i swore lips were made for lies
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
  • Metagame: Anything Goes
  • Service: 1
  • Sprite of Pokemon:
    and if possible,
    and/or
  • Short Description: To have a team to get into AG and get used to the metagame with, I'd like to abuse Shadow Tag which is really why I built these - Trapping threats is just fun especially when people can't do shit about it. If possible I'd like it to be fairly easy for the team to play stall as well, fuck stall.
  • Playstyle: Offense/Hyper Offense
Thanks!

Last edited:

Tol

Retirement house
Meta: 1v1
Service: 1
Sprites: will find sprites later, but it’s MEGA PINSIR and KYUREM-BLACK.
Short description: Pinsir and Kyub seem to have pretty good synergy, as Pinsir can snipe a lot of the fast Dragons and Fighting types that Kyub fears, as well as OHKO Tapu Lele (except maybe reeeaaaly bulky specs) and Mega Gardevoir. Kyub does what it can do demolish half the meta, which is mostly Pinsir’s counters.
Play style: it’s 1v1. There is no play style.
Thanks! I’m kind of apprehensive of using Kyub for the first time on a serious (I.e., non mono Ice) team.

• Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Sprites:
  • Set (Adjustable):
    Lopunny-Mega @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Dazzling
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
    - Shell Smash
    - Flail
    - Reversal
    - Power Trip
  • Short Description: I wanted to try this out after I heard someone mention this. A set-up sweeper that can still do a lot of damage without boosts. Feel free to adjust the set. Minimum defences to activate sash better.
  • Playstyle: Not Hyper Offense or Stall (not that this will fit in Stall anyways)

Exploudit I've made your team!

Firstly, I started with your Yanmega set. Since this set in particular doesn't run Speed Boost, and it only runs mono-Flying coverage, I first thought that Magnezone would be needed to trap all of: Celesteela, Heatran, Magearna, and Ferrothorn. However,

+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 428-504 (107.5 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 414-488 (107.2 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 356-420 (97.8 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 390-460 (110.7 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, those aren't good checks. So I thought some more and came up with possible checks: Tyranitar, Diancie, and Rotom-W are the first ones that came to mind, so I ran some more calcs:

+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Tyranitar: 506-596 (125.2 - 147.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 422-498 (175.1 - 206.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 414-486 (136.1 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

... And still nothing. But then I found it! Chansey!

+3 252 SpA Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 384-453 (54.5 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now you may think Chansey does nothing back, but this isn't true. Transform forces a 50/50 roll and Oblivion Wing only does 27.3 - 32.1%, so Chansey can reliably Soft-Boiled / Wish if it chooses to. Setting up Substitute is the best course of action, but the Chansey player still forces you to attack eventually thanks to Seismic Toss. However, if it does indeed Transform, and you lose the speed tie, you're screwed.

I do actually really like the set, so let me go on a tangent for a second. Quiver Dance seems cool versus offensive teams, but the above Pokemon are commonly run. It could set up a Tail Glow and get to +4, but Celesteela, Heatran, Magearna, Tyranitar, Diancie, and Rotom-Wash all KO in return, and Ferrothorn can cripple it with Spore. This makes more balanced teams easier to handle. However, what if the opponent runs two of these Pokemon? Chansey + Steel-type is a very common core, so you have to weaken both to ensure Yanmega can actually clean up late game. We'll get into this later.

Back to Chansey. Let's say it does get a Transform up. It will be at 35.7% - 45.5% damage now. So, you're going to need a FakeSpeed that does this much damage. Adamant Diggersby achieves this:

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Yanmega: 83-99 (12.9 - 15.4%) -- possible 7HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Yanmega: 165-196 (25.7 - 30.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

That's 38.6% - 45.9% damage, so it's very safe to pick off a transformed Chansey. Jolly Diggersby does 35.4% - 42.0%. Jolly is a solid option really, but Adamant really seals the deal. Plus, Stealth Rock on the opposing side will make Chansey even easier to pick off, and Jolly will always KO it, but since it might not if entry hazards are not up, I'd prefer Adamant for the guarantee. Diggersby does a ton of cool things like checking opposing Yanmega, and being helpful to either pivot with U-turn or Knock Off. Knock Off does help versus the Chansey match up and weakens things by removing their items, particularly Eviolite / Leftovers / Choice Scarf, making a Yanmega sweep more feasible.

Here's the team so far:

So now looking at the team a few key things stuck out to me: Water-types, specifically Choice Scarf Keldeo and Greninja-Ash are a big threat; Thundurus is annoying; opposing FakeSpeed is an issue; entry hazards + entry hazard removal is needed; secondary Steel-type check is needed in case Diggersby loses (hint: Celesteela) to them; Boomburst.

To inspect our first issue of Water-types, I considered that Rotom-W would probably help alleviate the matchup versus Landorus-T while also providing even more pivoting opportunities in case you're running U-turn on Diggersby. However, Water-types still threaten the team thus far because Rotom-W simply can't check them all at once. Therefore, I find that pairing it with Ferrothorn gives you a solid matchup versus Water-types and also provides entry hazards.

For Rotom-W, I'm going to be running Volt Switch / Strength Sap / Steam Eruption for certain. However, the final moveslot is yours to make. Spore is a great way to pivot into Yanmega and cripple things, but with Ferrothorn it may not be entirely necessary. Another consideration is Defog, to alleviate entry hazard stress, though I'd advice against this because Spikes + Defog ≠ good results. Keep Nuzzle / Pain Split in mind as well.

Next, Ferrothorn will be running Spore / Spikes / Strength Sap / Power Whip. Other options include Anchor Shot / Gyro Ball > Power Whip, but I feel that Power Whip is very much appreciated to take on opposing Water-types. Run Leech Seed > Spore if running Anchor Shot, and make sure to put Spore on Rotom-W to make up for it. Double Spore is acceptable as well! This is up to you. Another great thing Ferrothorn helps the team with is stopping Porygon-Z and Sylveon cold (but watch out for Flame Plate Judgment!).

Now let's take another look at the team:

Looking at the team, you may have noticed the same thing that I have: it's slow, lacks entry hazard removal, is fairly weak to Steel-types if Diggersby is gone, and it struggles to beat Lopunny-Mega. To patch this up, I think that Terrakion is a naturally solid fit. Terrakion forces pressure against Chansey, takes care of Steel-types handily, appreciates the teams multiple stops to Landorus-T, and is fast! It also takes on FakeSpeed well.

The Terrakion set I've chosen to run is a bit unconventional, but it fits the team handily. Choice Band with double priority. What does this accomplish though?

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Yanmega: 300-352 (46.8 - 54.9%) -- 56.6% chance to 2HKO [if Chansey is allowed the opportunity to use Transform]
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 206-246 (76 - 90.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Any prior damage other than Spikes will kill Lopunny-Mega and it helps ease the Chansey matchup. Strong priority that picks off Normal-types is awesome and it can pick off very weakened Choice Scarf Landorus-T, and Mach Punch does a hefty amount of damage to Keldeo as well. The thing is no slouch and it helps patch up some of the teams weaknesses. Notably, it can weaken the opposing team with its strong attacks until Yanmega can sweep, which is the goal I've kept in mind. Some other useful calculations to keep in mind:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 264-312 (88.2 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Toxapex: 135-160 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Porygon-Z: 260-308 (83.6 - 99%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 242-288 (77.8 - 92.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 270-320 (94.7 - 112.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes [Water Shuriken KOes, but if locked into anything else, Greninja-Ash is threatened]

Here's the team now (almost done!):

Now we're looking at a solid team! But... We're pivoting a lot and we have a 4x Rock weak Pokemon, with no entry hazard removal.

So I looked at this from few different lenses. I have Spikes which are very valuable to my team and don't want to run Defog, but there's not a good fast Rapid Spinner that's not Lopjunny-Mega, and I want to not rely just on Terrakion for the removal. The first Pokemon that I thought of was Sylveon. Sylveon has an unblockable Rapid Spin, provides more FakeSpeed, and a powerful Boomburst. However, it's still fairly slow and its FakeSpeed loves much to be desired. My next consideration was Latios. Latios provides a lot of useful things: Defog, Levitate, Speed, strength. However, it makes Celesteela a bigger burden and usually needs Magnezone to function to its best abilities, which we clearly do not have. The choice of the two is, once again, yours to make. I'd personally pick Latios, but I'll explain both.

Latios' moveset is fairly flexible, and has great offensive synergy with Terrakion, too. Speed is great! Scarf with Trick gives you one of the fastest ways to beat set-up sweepers, like Charizard-Mega-X for example. Also outspeeds Choice Scarf Landorus-T! Another neat thing with running Latios is that Keldeo is basically going to struggle a lot, with Ferrothorn and Rotom-W aiding in beating it. Checks Thundurus, too! The other main reason I believe Latios fits this team so well is because it very reliably beats Zygarde. It OHKOes Zygarde and outspeeds +1 Zygarde if running Choice Scarf, too. Other options here include Life Orb w/ Lunar Dance > Trick, and Electrium Z w/ Thunder > Trick. Lunar Dance is cool with a strong set up sweeper like Yanmega, so it's a neat option. Latios is just a good fit. If you want, run Electrium Z. Do note that this means changing Yanmega to Life Orb or something similar, so that's only if you want to experiment. But, in order to stay true to your main idea, I decided Scarf was better.

If you opt to run Sylveon, the set is Fake Out / Extreme Speed / Rapid Spin / Boomburst with a Pixie Plate. This leaves your team more open to Celesteela, but Sylveon keeps up the Spikes you've set and is incredibly strong with Boomburst. It checks Zygarde since it can't set up a Substitute safely. This is a fairly self-explanatory Pokemon, so I wont elaborate much further. Personally, I'd prefer to run Latios, but Sylveon is a very viable alternative.

And with that we have...
There's the completed team! I really hope you enjoy it. It took me roughly two hours to create this post and make the team. The team is solid all-around and I hope it fits your idea of bulky offense! This is what I had in mind and envisioned for it. I'm always willing to play with you on Showdown!, where you can find me in the Other Metas room under the nick wishes, just like on here. Be careful about Lopunny-Mega! The combination of Rotom-W + Terrakion should be enough to scare it off, but regardless, play carefully.

I'm going to test this out more! This is the preliminary version of it. I faced Ellipse with it and realized that Jirachi is a pain in the ass! But besides that, it seems generally pretty solid to get your feet wet.

Exploudit I've made your team!

Firstly, I started with your Yanmega set. Since this set in particular doesn't run Speed Boost, and it only runs mono-Flying coverage, I first thought that Magnezone would be needed to trap all of: Celesteela, Heatran, Magearna, and Ferrothorn. However,

+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 428-504 (107.5 - 126.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 414-488 (107.2 - 126.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 356-420 (97.8 - 115.3%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+3 252 SpA Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 390-460 (110.7 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yeah, those aren't good checks. So I thought some more and came up with possible checks: Tyranitar, Diancie, and Rotom-W are the first ones that came to mind, so I ran some more calcs:

+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 176 SpD Tyranitar: 506-596 (125.2 - 147.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 422-498 (175.1 - 206.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+3 252 SpA Tinted Lens Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-Wash: 414-486 (136.1 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

... And still nothing. But then I found it! Chansey!

+3 252 SpA Yanmega Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 384-453 (54.5 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Now you may think Chansey does nothing back, but this isn't true. Transform forces a 50/50 roll and Oblivion Wing only does 27.3 - 32.1%, so Chansey can reliably Soft-Boiled / Wish if it chooses to. Setting up Substitute is the best course of action, but the Chansey player still forces you to attack eventually thanks to Seismic Toss. However, if it does indeed Transform, and you lose the speed tie, you're screwed.

I do actually really like the set, so let me go on a tangent for a second. Quiver Dance seems cool versus offensive teams, but the above Pokemon are commonly run. It could set up a Tail Glow and get to +4, but Celesteela, Heatran, Magearna, Tyranitar, Diancie, and Rotom-Wash all KO in return, and Ferrothorn can cripple it with Spore. This makes more balanced teams easier to handle. However, what if the opponent runs two of these Pokemon? Chansey + Steel-type is a very common core, so you have to weaken both to ensure Yanmega can actually clean up late game. We'll get into this later.

Back to Chansey. Let's say it does get a Transform up. It will be at 35.7% - 45.5% damage now. So, you're going to need a FakeSpeed that does this much damage. Adamant Diggersby achieves this:

252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Yanmega: 83-99 (12.9 - 15.4%) -- possible 7HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Yanmega: 165-196 (25.7 - 30.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

That's 38.6% - 45.9% damage, so it's very safe to pick off a transformed Chansey. Jolly Diggersby does 35.4% - 42.0%. Jolly is a solid option really, but Adamant really seals the deal. Plus, Stealth Rock on the opposing side will make Chansey even easier to pick off, and Jolly will always KO it, but since it might not if entry hazards are not up, I'd prefer Adamant for the guarantee. Diggersby does a ton of cool things like checking opposing Yanmega, and being helpful to either pivot with U-turn or Knock Off. Knock Off does help versus the Chansey match up and weakens things by removing their items, particularly Eviolite / Leftovers / Choice Scarf, making a Yanmega sweep more feasible.

Here's the team so far:

So now looking at the team a few key things stuck out to me: Water-types, specifically Choice Scarf Keldeo and Greninja-Ash are a big threat; Thundurus is annoying; opposing FakeSpeed is an issue; entry hazards + entry hazard removal is needed; secondary Steel-type check is needed in case Diggersby loses (hint: Celesteela) to them; Boomburst.

To inspect our first issue of Water-types, I considered that Rotom-W would probably help alleviate the matchup versus Landorus-T while also providing even more pivoting opportunities in case you're running U-turn on Diggersby. However, Water-types still threaten the team thus far because Rotom-W simply can't check them all at once. Therefore, I find that pairing it with Ferrothorn gives you a solid matchup versus Water-types and also provides entry hazards.

For Rotom-W, I'm going to be running Volt Switch / Strength Sap / Steam Eruption for certain. However, the final moveslot is yours to make. Spore is a great way to pivot into Yanmega and cripple things, but with Ferrothorn it may not be entirely necessary. Another consideration is Defog, to alleviate entry hazard stress, though I'd advice against this because Spikes + Defog ≠ good results. Keep Nuzzle / Pain Split in mind as well.

Next, Ferrothorn will be running Spore / Spikes / Strength Sap / Power Whip. Other options include Anchor Shot / Gyro Ball > Power Whip, but I feel that Power Whip is very much appreciated to take on opposing Water-types. Run Leech Seed > Spore if running Anchor Shot, and make sure to put Spore on Rotom-W to make up for it. Double Spore is acceptable as well! This is up to you. Another great thing Ferrothorn helps the team with is stopping Porygon-Z and Sylveon cold (but watch out for Flame Plate Judgment!).

Now let's take another look at the team:

Looking at the team, you may have noticed the same thing that I have: it's slow, lacks entry hazard removal, is fairly weak to Steel-types if Diggersby is gone, and it struggles to beat Lopunny-Mega. To patch this up, I think that Terrakion is a naturally solid fit. Terrakion forces pressure against Chansey, takes care of Steel-types handily, appreciates the teams multiple stops to Landorus-T, and is fast! It also takes on FakeSpeed well.

The Terrakion set I've chosen to run is a bit unconventional, but it fits the team handily. Choice Band with double priority. What does this accomplish though?

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Yanmega: 300-352 (46.8 - 54.9%) -- 56.6% chance to 2HKO [if Chansey is allowed the opportunity to use Transform]
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lopunny-Mega: 206-246 (76 - 90.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

Any prior damage other than Spikes will kill Lopunny-Mega and it helps ease the Chansey matchup. Strong priority that picks off Normal-types is awesome and it can pick off very weakened Choice Scarf Landorus-T, and Mach Punch does a hefty amount of damage to Keldeo as well. The thing is no slouch and it helps patch up some of the teams weaknesses. Notably, it can weaken the opposing team with its strong attacks until Yanmega can sweep, which is the goal I've kept in mind. Some other useful calculations to keep in mind:

252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Thundurus: 264-312 (88.2 - 104.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 196+ Def Toxapex: 135-160 (44.4 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Porygon-Z: 260-308 (83.6 - 99%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Diggersby: 242-288 (77.8 - 92.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja-Ash: 270-320 (94.7 - 112.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes [Water Shuriken KOes, but if locked into anything else, Greninja-Ash is threatened]

Here's the team now (almost done!):

Now we're looking at a solid team! But... We're pivoting a lot and we have a 4x Rock weak Pokemon, with no entry hazard removal.

So I looked at this from few different lenses. I have Spikes which are very valuable to my team and don't want to run Defog, but there's not a good fast Rapid Spinner that's not Lopjunny-Mega, and I want to not rely just on Terrakion for the removal. The first Pokemon that I thought of was Sylveon. Sylveon has an unblockable Rapid Spin, provides more FakeSpeed, and a powerful Boomburst. However, it's still fairly slow and its FakeSpeed loves much to be desired. My next consideration was Latios. Latios provides a lot of useful things: Defog, Levitate, Speed, strength. However, it makes Celesteela a bigger burden and usually needs Magnezone to function to its best abilities, which we clearly do not have. The choice of the two is, once again, yours to make. I'd personally pick Latios, but I'll explain both.

Latios' moveset is fairly flexible, and has great offensive synergy with Terrakion, too. Speed is great! Scarf with Trick gives you one of the fastest ways to beat set-up sweepers, like Charizard-Mega-X for example. Also outspeeds Choice Scarf Landorus-T! Another neat thing with running Latios is that Keldeo is basically going to struggle a lot, with Ferrothorn and Rotom-W aiding in beating it. Checks Thundurus, too! The other main reason I believe Latios fits this team so well is because it very reliably beats Zygarde. It OHKOes Zygarde and outspeeds +1 Zygarde if running Choice Scarf, too. Other options here include Life Orb w/ Lunar Dance > Trick, and Electrium Z w/ Thunder > Trick. Lunar Dance is cool with a strong set up sweeper like Yanmega, so it's a neat option. Latios is just a good fit. If you want, run Electrium Z. Do note that this means changing Yanmega to Life Orb or something similar, so that's only if you want to experiment. But, in order to stay true to your main idea, I decided Scarf was better.

If you opt to run Sylveon, the set is Fake Out / Extreme Speed / Rapid Spin / Boomburst with a Pixie Plate. This leaves your team more open to Celesteela, but Sylveon keeps up the Spikes you've set and is incredibly strong with Boomburst. It checks Zygarde since it can't set up a Substitute safely. This is a fairly self-explanatory Pokemon, so I wont elaborate much further. Personally, I'd prefer to run Latios, but Sylveon is a very viable alternative.

And with that we have...
There's the completed team! I really hope you enjoy it. It took me roughly two hours to create this post and make the team. The team is solid all-around and I hope it fits your idea of bulky offense! This is what I had in mind and envisioned for it. I'm always willing to play with you on Showdown!, where you can find me in the Other Metas room under the nick wishes, just like on here. Be careful about Lopunny-Mega! The combination of Rotom-W + Terrakion should be enough to scare it off, but regardless, play carefully.

I'm going to test this out more! This is the preliminary version of it. I faced Ellipse with it and realized that Jirachi is a pain in the ass! But besides that, it seems generally pretty solid to get your feet wet.
That was quick! Thanks :)

I really appreciate the details and the explanation throughout the post and I'll for sure use this team when I get the opportunity! It does fit what I had in mind for Bulky Offense for sure but I'm still a little curious about the Ferrothorn spread. Could you please point out what it achieves?

Either way, thanks once again for all the effort on creating this team! I really appreciate it :)

• Metagame: Camomons
  • Sets:

Gliscor (F) Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
- Facade

Tyranitar-Mega (M) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Unnerve
- Shadow Claw

Zygarde
Ability: Aura Break
-
-
- Glare

• Short Description: I feel that normal facade Gliscor has a lot of untapped potential especially against bulkier builds, decided to pair it with my favorite mega and slapped a ghost move on it, and i think glare is quite an unexpected tech against offense. also i'm bad and can't build ;( xd

Meta: 1v1
Sprites: will find sprites later, but it’s MEGA PINSIR and KYUREM-BLACK.
Short description: Pinsir and Kyub seem to have pretty good synergy, as Pinsir can snipe a lot of the fast Dragons and Fighting types that Kyub fears, as well as OHKO Tapu Lele (except maybe reeeaaaly bulky specs) and Mega Gardevoir. Kyub does what it can do demolish half the meta, which is mostly Pinsir’s counters.
Play style: it’s 1v1. There is no play style.
Thanks! I’m kind of apprehensive of using Kyub for the first time on a serious (I.e., non mono Ice) team.
Heyo TGC Disunited , i finished your team.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 104 Atk / 152 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb
- Bulk Up

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 120 SpA / 60 SpD / 52 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 44 SpA / 168 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

now i'll explain the individual sets, and some of the mons they are supposed to beat.

Giga Impact, powerful Aerilate stab damage.
Rock Tomb, is mainly to take care of zards that use dragon-dance generally bulky zards as it can OHKO non bulky zards.
Substitute, Very useful move, Helps the zard matchup unless it's carrying Flame Charge, also blocking status weak moves and z-moves is always useful.
Bulk Up, this move is there to solidify the gyara-mega matchup just bulk up twice then giga and you should be just fine.
Defensive Ev's:
252+ Atk Mimikyu Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Pinsir-Mega: 208-246 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Pinsir-Mega: 49-58 (16 - 19%) -- possible 6HKO
Other Stuffs:
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 366-432 (145.8 - 172.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If the mimikyu does carry moves like bulk up all you have to do is click bulk up yourself.
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 279-328 (93.9 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Just Sub up, if he hits Dragon Dance you can press Rock Tomband it'll get within killing range. If the zard-X carries flame charge you will lose if you sub, but because of the rarity of flame charge subbing is still recommended unless you know the opponent has it, if it does just press rock tomb and then Giga Impact.
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 373-439 (125.5 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It is an option to replace Rock Tomb or Bulk Up with Stone Edge if you want to beat the bulkier variants, this will make some of your other matchups slightly more shaky.
104 Atk Pinsir-Mega Stone Edge vs. 224 HP / 228 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 428-508 (121.2 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Gyarados, Bulk up and if you're afraid of the low roll on bulky ones you bulk up twice, this will leave you more succeptible to hax,
+1 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Gyarados-Mega: 388-457 (98.4 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados-Mega: 414-487 (105 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. +1 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 124-147 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. +2 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 93-111 (34.3 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Now this thing is weird idk what happened to it.
252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Kyurem-Black: 384-452 (84.5 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Scarf chomp, it outspeeds normal chomp.
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 636-748 (177.6 - 208.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black: 376-444 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Porygon-Z: 312-368 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Slow bulky variants will be a thread but in turn Pinsir-Mega can take care of those.

+2 252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Kyurem-Black in Electric Terrain: 382-450 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black in Electric Terrain: 372-438 (81.9 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Earth Power vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 158-186 (56.2 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black: 192-226 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 262-309 (91.9 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
If it's band, Pinsir will be able to take care of it by not pressing mega and rock tomb and then giga impact
104 Atk Pinsir Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 79-94 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 211-249 (74 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I spend way too much time figuring out a third slot that beats the other pokes but here it is, specially bulky aegislash with a little bit of speed, oh and metal sound.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Cannon vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 225-265 (69.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
it needs the speed to make sure it's faster than prima, so it can simply Metal Sound and then hit the NeN.
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -2 248 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 445-525 (122.5 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 135-160 (41.6 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 403-475 (117.1 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If it presses Calm Mind:
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 303-357 (88 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 51-60 (14.8 - 17.4%) -- possible 6HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 164-194 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This ^ is what the speed creep ev'd for.
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 448-528 (123 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO
if it's Assault Vest you should be able to notice by the damage output in this case you simply press metal sounds twice.

This also takes care of some sturdy Kyurem-Black can't deal with like crustle.

Alright this is the team i created around Pinsir-Mega and Kyurem-Black, hope you have some fun with it.
It took me way too long to figure this team out tbh, anyhow if you have any questions feel free to ask them.
I'll also be testing it some more so if i find any problems or improvements on the team i'll let you know.

I have a question about the op. It says that users can become mechanics if they post here, but the mechanics are the official ones building and tuning up teams. Does that mean that other users can also help teambuild and repair teams in order to vie for mechanic status as well? Can non-mechanics' teams and repairs be added to the second post, or only ones of mechanics?

Tol

Retirement house

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb
- Bulk Up

Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Calm Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

now i'll explain the individual sets, and some of the mons they are supposed to beat.

Rock Tomb, is mainly to take care of zards that use dragon-dance generally bulky zards as it can OHKO non bulky zards.
Substitute, Very useful move, Helps the zard matchup unless it's carrying Flame Charge, also blocking status weak moves and z-moves is always useful.
Bulk Up, this move is there to solidify the gyara-mega matchup just bulk up twice then giga and you should be just fine.
Defensive Ev's:
252+ Atk Mimikyu Twinkle Tackle (175 BP) vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Pinsir-Mega: 208-246 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 136 HP / 0 Def Pinsir-Mega: 49-58 (16 - 19%) -- possible 6HKO
Other Stuffs:
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mimikyu: 366-432 (145.8 - 172.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If the mimikyu does carry moves like bulk up all you have to do is click bulk up yourself.
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 279-328 (93.9 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Just Sub up, if he hits Dragon Dance you can press Rock Tomband it'll get within killing range. If the zard-X carries flame charge you will lose if you sub, but because of the rarity of flame charge subbing is still recommended unless you know the opponent has it, if it does just press rock tomb and then Giga Impact.
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 373-439 (125.5 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
It is an option to replace Rock Tomb or Bulk Up with Stone Edge if you want to beat the bulkier variants, this will make some of your other matchups slightly more shaky.
104 Atk Pinsir-Mega Stone Edge vs. 224 HP / 228 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 428-508 (121.2 - 143.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Gyarados, Bulk up and if you're afraid of the low roll on bulky ones you bulk up twice, this will leave you more succeptible to hax,
+1 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 96 Def Gyarados-Mega: 388-457 (98.4 - 115.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
+2 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gyarados-Mega: 414-487 (105 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. +1 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 124-147 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Gyarados-Mega Waterfall vs. +2 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 93-111 (34.3 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Kyurem-Black: 384-452 (84.5 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 636-748 (177.6 - 208.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Hyper Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black: 376-444 (82.8 - 97.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Porygon-Z: 312-368 (100.3 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Slow bulky variants will be a thread but in turn Pinsir-Mega can take care of those.

+2 252 Atk Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24 Def Kyurem-Black in Electric Terrain: 382-450 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 SpA Tapu Koko Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black in Electric Terrain: 372-438 (81.9 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Earth Power vs. +1 0 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Koko: 158-186 (56.2 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black: 192-226 (42.2 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 262-309 (91.9 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
If it's band, Pinsir will be able to take care of it by not pressing mega and rock tomb and then giga impact
104 Atk Pinsir Rock Tomb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 79-94 (27.7 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 211-249 (74 - 87.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I spend way too much time figuring out a third slot that beats the other pokes but here it is, specially bulky aegislash with a little bit of speed, oh and metal sound.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Primarina Hydro Cannon vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 225-265 (69.4 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
it needs the speed to make sure it's faster than prima, so it can simply Metal Sound and then hit the NeN.
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -2 248 HP / 0 SpD Primarina: 445-525 (122.5 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Fini Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 135-160 (41.6 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 403-475 (117.1 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If it presses Calm Mind:
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -1 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 303-357 (88 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tapu Fini: 51-60 (14.8 - 17.4%) -- possible 6HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Magearna Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 168+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 164-194 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44 SpA Aegislash-Blade Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. -2 252 HP / 4 SpD Magearna: 448-528 (123 - 145%) -- guaranteed OHKO
if it's Assault Vest you should be able to notice by the damage output in this case you simply press metal sounds twice.

Alright this is the team i created around Pinsir-Mega and Kyurem-Black, hope you have some fun with it.
It took me way too long to figure this team out tbh, anyhow if you have any questions feel free to ask them.
I'll also be testing it some more so if i find any problems or improvements on the team i'll let you know.
Thanks IC! I tried it out in a tour and this team lost round one due to me misplaying versus a charizard Y, but otherwise seems really solid. It seems like it has elements that will able to beat the new UBs, too.

I have a question about the op. It says that users can become mechanics if they post here, but the mechanics are the official ones building and tuning up teams. Does that mean that other users can also help teambuild and repair teams in order to vie for mechanic status as well? Can non-mechanics' teams and repairs be added to the second post, or only ones of mechanics?
There are three ways this can happen; the standard way, as mentioned in the op:
  • If we don't have a Mechanic who matches your metagame, we will open the request up to the rest of the OM community.
In which any requests for metagames we lack builders for or simply any unfinished requests will be placed. From there, anyone can take them on, thus showing their aptitude.

The second way is by working with the mechanics we have. Testing with them, talking with the mechanics if you have a good idea for the given team, helping fix any mistakes or suboptimal choices by the mechanics (everyone can make mistakes), or simply impressing them with your skills are all good options. I’ll mostly be relying on the mechanics for any given metagame to know whos both qualified and interested, so convinving them is the way to go. With that being said, however, don’t bug them, and accept it if they arent interested in the help or have a large enough team already.

The third way is the introduction of new metagames; for there, I will have to recruit a team so feel free to PM me if you are qualified for challenge matches or OMotMs. If I can assemble a reasonable team of 2-3+ active members, I have no objection to expanding the list of offered metagames.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb
- Bulk Up

Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Calm Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Defensive Ev's:
Other Stuffs:

If it presses Calm Mind:

Lemme note on this IC that after calcing the team is decently subsceptible to Charizard y
252+ SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 60 SpD Kyurem-Black in Sun: 478-564 (105.2 - 124.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
you can tone the SpA down to be tanky enough to take a hit from scarf kyu and just ko it back , and pinsir can get killed if it lives and dont even wanna talk bout aegi so .
just wanna note the team is a bit weak to char y imma try provide another alternative soon if i find one but good team

• Metagame: 1v1
  • Service: 1 (Comprehensive Teambuild)

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Blizzard​
  • Short Description: Tapu Fini seems like a good anti-meta mon in 1v1, since its typing and bulk allows it to easily beat top-tier threats including Mega Gyarados, most Kyurem-B (loses to banded Fusion Bolt), both Charizards, Magearna, and Mega Lopunny. I'm open to replacing Blizzard, but based on the calcs I've done it appears that it's the best move for that slot (with Blizzard, Fini can beat Dragonite ~60% of the time, while the relevant mons that die to Ice Beam also die to either Hydro Pump or Moonblast).
  • Playstyle: N/A

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
  • Metagame: Anything Goes
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Sets:
    Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb
    Ability: Air Lock
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Ascent
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Extreme Speed

Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Ultranecrozium Z
    Ability: Prism Armor
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Photon Geyser
  • Short Description: Mega Rayquaza and Ultra Necrozma is an incredibly strong offensive core that pressure a large % of the metagame on its own. However, most of the AG teams I build are weak to Ho-oh and/or Celesteela, so I hope to use this as an opportunity to learn how to build more structured offensive AG teams.
  • Playstyle: Hyper Offense / Balance Offense

Last edited:
tegrof19

First of all you might notice that I've slightly changed your core (AKA Zygarde is gone) but I felt that being forced to use three relatively slow Pokemon with overlapping viable types and roles (Gliscor and Zygarde especially) was too much. With that out of the way, let's begin:

I'd like to preface this by saying I'm certainly not a good builder, so if you were expecting miracles then you've asked the wrong man. Anyway, the first two things that I started with of course were the core members that remained, Gliscor and Tyranitar. Since you decided the sets for me already all I did was plug in the holes (EVs, remaining moves, et cetera):

[
]
Gliscor is SD Facade to break apart bulky cores and stall. It beats Clefable, Chansey and more 1 on 1, though you may have trouble against Mega Sableye if it kept its Ghost typing (which forces it into using a garbage move). EQ of course for much needed coverage vs. the ubiquitous Steel types. You may think Steel / Flying types are a problem but most defensive ones like Mew or Kyurem-B can be turned into set up fodder since they're slower and can be Taunted. Kyurem-B needs max Speed EVs to outspeed and Mew needs a lot which cuts into their defensive EVs of course. I chose mono Normal over say, Normal / Dark or Normal / Ground because mono Normal makes you less vunerable to random types like Water, Grass and Ice. That's three types you can no longer set up vs. or switch in on, etc. The Speed EVs are for outspeeding everything up to and including max Speed Gyarados (which includes Heatran) but you can change that to 112+ if you don't care about that.

[
]
Since you already forced Shadow Claw on Tyranitar, I chose to supplement that type with Earthquake. Not only does it give it a nice defensive typing to work with, but offensively it's quite the combination. Of course Shadow Claw's base power is bad but w/e. It's a fairly simple set, Fire Punch is the final coverage move to hit Steel / Flying things like Kyurem-B (which on paper deals with this and Gliscor well but in reality that's not how it works).

With that out of the way, I figured there are several things that these two require in order to excel:
- Hazards
- Speed
- Ways to deal with meta threats

There are probably more but you get it. The first thing I did was add:

[
]
Clefable gets up rocks reliably pretty much every game (unless you run into some obscure Mega Sableye typing) and is a nice switch in to a lot of dangerous threats, especially Mega Mawile (which can destroy the other two members). Nothing else really to say, classic Clefable.

[
]
Greninja lays up the hazards, which is key. Toxic Spikes helps break down bulky cores and chips away at offensive grounded Pokemon at the same time, which is very useful. Spikes also provides immediate damage to aid the others with securing KOs. For instance, one layer of Spikes turns Tyranitar's EQ 2HKO roll onto Heatran, Tyranitar, Gyarados (even through Intimidate and the mega evo), fast Mew (if people run that) and a bunch of other rolls into a guaranteed one. It's quite useful. Sash is of course to guarantee you get at least one of these very beneficial hazards up. I chose to make it Ground / Water in order to resist rocks just in case an instance occurs where that's needed. You may want to change the offensive moves on it though, I just chose Hydro for its power and defensive type and Dark Pulse for its flinch rate.

[
]
Tapu Koko, alongside Kartana, provides some much needed speed and the longevity that Greninja lacks. It puts Greninja and Clefable's hazards to good use, generates some momentum for the other Pokemon to take advantage of and also provides free switches with U-turn, perhaps helping Kartana come in on a strong special attacker or allowing Gliscor to activate its Orb immediately. I made it Grass type because A) my only alternatives were Electric / Flying, Electric / Bug and Electric / Fairy and the former two makes it weak to rocks and the latter option just increases the damage it takes from Kyurem-B's Iron Head. In case you haven't noticed, Koko is the primary non-Ice Beam Kyurem-B switch in. With Roost it can stick around for a long time to pester the opponent. Thanks to U-turn and Toxic Spikes, counters like Fire / Ground Volcanion and other Ground-types just don't want to switch in because they'll just take far too much damage.

[
]
Lastly, Kartana. I like SD 3 attacks but Choice Scarf was almost necessary for things like opposing Scarfers (Latios), very fast threats (Mega Beedrill, Mega Aerodactyl) and set up sweepers (Gyarados, Haxorus, Volcarona). Normal / Fighting / Dark coverage is perfect (IIRC) so little to no Pokemon can stop it once it gets Beast Boost going. Defog is there if you need it in a pinch (say you needed to Defog away hazards to allow Tapu Koko to maintain health to survive some crucial attack). Not much else there is to say, it's a fairly standard set.

I did manage to test this on the ladder and in today's daily. As this finals replay demonstrates, the matchup against HO is pretty good. You have Tapu Koko and Kartana to outspeed most of the enemy and deal tons of damage and Clefable & Greninja can get their hazards up most of the time. In this specific instance though I fought dual Unburden, which normally wouldn't be a problem but an unfortunate crit onto my Clefable meant that late game my Kartana couldn't sweep thanks to Hitmonlee's Unburden. Though what one can take from this is that Toxic Spikes was crucial in not losing vs Hawlucha (also how did Magnezone live what the fuck broken mon should have gotten spikes instead of pumping ripppppppp)

Last edited:
Metagame: 1v1

do stuff with this guy
Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Bold Nature
- Discharge / Ice Beam
- Conversion 2 / Foul Play
- Recover
- Toxic

Dragonite @ Groundium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Atk / 100 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Or

Basically any meme Dragonite set you can think of. Z-Hurricane, Z-Fly, Z-Outrage, Choice Band even. Whatever you feel the need to counter-team / whatever your personal preference is.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Substitute / Calm Mind
- Magnet Rise / Psyshock

Yeah, I know this team has an awful Mimikyu matchup. Can’t win ‘em all.

Last edited:
  • Metagame: Balanced Hackmons
  • Sprite(s) of Pokemon:
  • Short Description: They seem like neat wallbreakers that could work fairly well together, with the right team support
  • Playstyle: Balance / Bulky offense / offense if possible

Last edited:
Reactions: Ren

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
  • Metagame: STABmons
  • Sprites of Pokemon:
    +
  • Short Description: Bruxish is a mon that really interested me due to Dazzling negating priority, and so Fakespeed. I never considered playing it seriously until USUM, which gave it Photon Geyser, the reliable Psychic STAB it needed.
    Magnezone looks like a decent partner for it, as it can trap and kill stuf like Ferro that would wall Bruxish otherwise.
    I hope it's not too much of a gimmick. If it is, then feel free to reject that request.
  • Playstyle: Offense / Bulky Offense

Last edited:

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb
- Bulk Up

Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Calm Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Defensive Ev's:
Other Stuffs:

If it presses Calm Mind:

Isn't this team weak to bulky Mega Charizard X? Granted, it doesnt lose to regular MCharX, but since Mega Pinsir is not fully offense invested, it becomes easier for bulky Mega Charizard X to KO this team.

[13:03:47]‽Attidude:.usage1630 mega charizard x, spreads, 1v1
[13:03:47]*TIBot:Jolly:0/252/0/0/4/252 33.887% | Adamant:0/252/0/0/4/252 7.489% | Jolly:0/252/4/0/0/252 5.814% | Adamant:200/100/136/0/0/72 5.283% | Jolly:120/32/104/0/0/252 4.228% | Impish:156/112/84/0/0/156 2.602% | Other 40.697%

1) Taking the first bulky MCharX[Adamant:200/100/136/0/0/72]:

• 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 200 HP / 136 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 246-291 (70.8 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(Without Bulk Up)
  • 100+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +1 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 254-300 (93.7 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO(If Bulk Up)
  • 120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Draco Meteor vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Charizard(If, and mostly the case, Charizard is not evolved): 229-270 (65.9 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(DDance+Outrage KOs)
  • 100+ Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 354-416 (109.2 - 128.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Predictions matter for King's Shield vs offense, but Substitute MCharX exists)
2) Taking the second bulky MCharX[Jolly:120/32/104/0/0/252]:

• 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 120 HP / 104 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 255-300 (77.9 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(Without Bulk Up)
  • 32 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +1 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 218-258 (80.4 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(If Bulk Up)
  • 120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Draco Meteor vs. 120 HP / 0 SpD Charizard(If, and mostly the case, Charizard is not evolved): 229-270 (70 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(DDance+Outrage KOs)
  • 32 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 306-360 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO(Predictions matter for King's Shield vs offense, but Substitute MCharX exists)
3)Taking the third bulky MCharX[Impish:156/112/84/0/0/156]:
  • 104 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Giga Impact vs. 156 HP / 84+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 235-277 (69.9 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(Without Bulk Up)
  • 112 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. +1 0 HP / 152 Def Pinsir-Mega: 234-276 (86.3 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO(If Bulk Up)
  • 120+ SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Draco Meteor vs. 156 HP / 0 SpD Charizard(If, and mostly the case, Charizard is not evolved): 229-270 (68.1 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO(DDance+Outrage KOs)
  • 112 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 324-384 (100 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO(Predictions matter for King's Shield vs offense, but Substitute MCharX exists)

Considering bulky MCharX isn't that unusual in ladder, I do think this team is a bit weak to it. I mean, this post is not for pointing out that this team is bad or something, I just wanted to see if I'm missing something here.

What I fail to understand here is why Mega Pinsir needs full Speed! Wouldn't it be better if it ran enough speed to just outrun Landorus, or max speed Charizard?

i agree that any zard in general depending on spreads poses a threat to the team , so we gotta work on an alternative there

charizard8888

Catch The Wave
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Substitute
- Rock Tomb
- Bulk Up

Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Calm Nature
- Metal Sound
- Shadow Ball
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

Defensive Ev's:
Other Stuffs:

If it presses Calm Mind:

i agree that any zard in general depending on spreads poses a threat to the team , so we gotta work on an alternative there
I don't think that Mega Pinsir would be having any trouble against Zard Y as most of them have only Blast Burn and not Air Slash / Ancient Power which can be blocked by Substitute.
As for bulky Zard X yes the team is vulnerable to it but this can be solved by just replacing Giga Impact with Flail. Yeah that's it!
Giga Impact is mostly used over Flail so that Mega Pinsir can defeat the famous Skill Link Mega Heracross, and faster attacks from Pokemon like Scarf Lele and ScarfChomp which can be survived but in here, they are covered by the team members so we can opt for Flail over Giga Impact.
Make it 232 Speed EVs to always outspeed Chomp and you can have 124 in Atk

124 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Flail (200 BP) vs. 156 HP / 84+ Def Charizard-Mega-X: 318-375 (94.6 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

2x Sub Flare Blitz recoil (Then they Outrage) should make it a guaranteed knockout.
Other than all that, the team looks pretty solid.
Some threats include: Some powerful Mega Ttar set, Specially Def -Spe Metal Burst + EQ Mega Aggron

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)