OM Interviews (#16: In The Hills)

Do you think your life is meaningful right now?

If not, what will you do to make your life meaningful?

Are you annoyed when you answer the questions above?

Do you listen to music? If so, what kind of music you listen to?

Between stats based, type based, move based and ability based, which metagame concept seems the best? And why?

If you have the power to add one perma ladder, what meta would you add and why?

How do you motivate yourself to do tasks like homework or studying for tests?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

Between stats based, type based, move based and ability based, which metagame concept seems the best? And why?

If you have the power to add one perma ladder, what meta would you add and why?

No

Ask Chopin to ask these questions instead of you, I've been waiting YEARS for Chopin to ask me these questions D:

Only because it's you asking them

Yeah, I like classic rock and some pop/rap. I generally like songs that tell a story (e.g. I actually like stuff by Passenger) or songs with difficult word play (e.g. that "but it never did never did ebbing and flowing inhibited limited til it broke open" lines from Believer by Imagine Dragons, and also Rap God by Eminim [yeah shoot me I actually lowkey like this song :/]) and I'm not really fond of the whole "whine about my ex" or whatever bullshit that seems to be the basis of a lot of pop songs.

Idk I kinda like move based (always been a STABmons fan and this is a part of BH I really like) as I think adding new moves to mons is fun (also I'm calling MnM item based, but if it was an option then item based bcz MnM master race :J)

Prob Megamons cuz I think that meta is rly fun

I procrastinate until the last minute and then convince myself if I don't clutch it the night before I'm going to fail life. This generally works, with varying degrees of success.

If you had to turn gay who would be your partner
hugh jackman

Have you ever tried laddering with stall? If so, did you enjoy it?
What is a good meme set to use in MnM?
Favorite movie(s)?
Why did you name change from InfernapeTropius11 to IT11? inb4 color
Would hugh jackman be top or bottom?

Hello and welcome to competitive Pokemon! You seem to have stumbled upon the most OP Pokemon in the game, good for you! This lord set is simply undefeatable, you cannot beat this, use it and you shall rule the metagame. Go forth and conquer my friend, with this mighty Goodra at your side, nobody can stop you!
thenk yuo. i taik set and git winnr. i leik becus it is vry gud https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-618710460

Hi IT

1) Can you teach the ways of going undefeated?
2) On a scale of 1-11, how upset will you be when I end your streak?
3) What horrible stallbreaker team are you going to bring to the finals?
4) Have you heard of this new up and coming MnM prodigy named MonfernoKeckleon11 (my new alt)? Can you feel the pressure of him taking your spot?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
If you could take two online friends to an inhibited island, who would they be?

What would their tasks be?

What about procreation?
Volt and Chloe

Bring me food and stuff

They can bang each other idc

Have you ever tried laddering with stall? If so, did you enjoy it?
What is a good meme set to use in MnM?
Favorite movie(s)?
Why did you name change from InfernapeTropius11 to IT11? inb4 color
Would hugh jackman be top or bottom?

thenk yuo. i taik set and git winnr. i leik becus it is vry gud https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7balancedhackmons-618710460
Yes I did ladder with stall, reached top 10 (stall was actually my first SM MnM team). I probably could have peaked but leading in to the next question, no I did not enjoy it in the slightest so I stopped. I might make another stall team soon(TM) because I think playing stall is a good way to learn how stall works in order to learn how and what breaks it (even if it makes me want to kill myself).

Use Aggronite Gourgeist it's kind of a meme but also actually good

Fast and furious movies are p good, I'm also a fan of James Bond

Colour + everyone called me IT11 anyway so it's easier to type. Mainly colour bcz I spam the chat so much and piss yellow is a shit colour to see covering your screen

Hi IT

1) Can you teach the ways of going undefeated?
2) On a scale of 1-11, how upset will you be when I end your streak?
3) What horrible stallbreaker team are you going to bring to the finals?
4) Have you heard of this new up and coming MnM prodigy named MonfernoKeckleon11 (my new alt)? Can you feel the pressure of him taking your spot?
1) Outplay your opponent if you can, but if the need arises simply sell your soul to RNGesus
2) I mean I didn't expect to go undefeated but isn't it basically guaranteed I stay that way?
3) Granbull + Zangoose core, it totally fucks stall over
4) Tell you what, you beat me and I'll call you the best up and comer :^)

What is your opinion on VoltDarkrai -> GL Volkner?

Also should CH be freed
Worst name change in history of both PS! and Smogon combined

Yes

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you could destroy hax or rule the world, how long would it take to destroy hax?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Do you stand by the worst name change statement having now been reminded of EV?
Shit this has caused a crisis these name changes are both incredibly shit ahhhh

Adding onto the above question, if you could only revert one name change, would you choose Good Luck Volkner (GL Volkner) or Effort Value (EV)?
Uhhhhhh (sohardtochoosebothsuck) probably Good Luck Volkner, at least EV isn't online much so I'm not constantly reminded of how shitty his name change was

If you could destroy hax or rule the world, how long would it take to destroy hax?
Approximately 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 seconds

Ask Chopin to ask these questions instead of you, I've been waiting YEARS for Chopin to ask me these questions D:

Why do you want me to ask these questions instead of Peef? Please give me a logical an reasonable answer.

What do you think is the answer of 1 + 1 x 0? And Why?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

Why do you want me to ask these questions instead of Peef? Please give me a logical an reasonable answer.

What do you think is the answer of 1 + 1 x 0? And Why?

Yes because you asked me these questions <3

Not in the slightest fam been looking forward to this moment for years

Yeah, I like classic rock and some pop/rap. I generally like songs that tell a story (e.g. I actually like stuff by Passenger) or songs with difficult word play (e.g. that "but it never did never did ebbing and flowing inhibited limited til it broke open" lines from Believer by Imagine Dragons, and also Rap God by Eminim [yeah shoot me I actually lowkey like this song :/]) and I'm not really fond of the whole "whine about my ex" or whatever bullshit that seems to be the basis of a lot of pop songs.

Because peef is an nub and your consistency + execution is on point

the answer is 11 because the ones are added together so you slap them next to each other and then ur multiplying by 0 but 0 is literally nothing so it is irrelevant. therefore the answer is 11

I procrastinate until the last minute and then convince myself if I don't clutch it the night before I'm going to fail life. This generally works, with varying degrees of success.

forgot the most important question:

What is an bh?
An bh r kit

How do you motivate yourself to do tasks like homework or studying for tests? i tell myself if i dont do the tasks ill be fucked in the future. this is not guaranteed to work though
How do you motivate yourself to do tasks like homework or studying for tests? I procrastinate until the last minute and then convince myself if I don't clutch it the night before I'm going to fail life. This generally works, with varying degrees of success.

How did you recover from an embarrassing first round loss in Last God Standing and an absolute thrashing in Tier Shift Conquest to become the undisputed best player in OMPL?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
How did you recover from an embarrassing first round loss in Last God Standing and an absolute thrashing in Tier Shift Conquest to become the undisputed best player in OMPL?
I learned that bad matchup = lose (e.g. nothing for mgyar vs. mgyar, plusle+dustox vs. literally anything) so I decided to claim mu advantage as much as I could in OMPL ez

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
Welcome back to OM Interviews! It's time for our third interview. Today, we've interviewed everyone's second favourite AAA player, Jrdn!

SM #3: Jrdn | Funbot28: the best canadian on smogon

(i didnt know what to put here so heres a maple leaf)

Hey Jrdn.
Yo

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
So I'm a 21 year old Canadian kid from Toronto. I'm not in school at the moment, but I intend to go back sooner rather than later. I work at the moment at a pharmacy. It's pretty boring, but I like money, so I don't mind it. I'm a huge sports fan, and love both watching and playing sports. Hockey is my top sport. I enjoy reading in my spare time when im not on here or online. I've been trying to finish a book called "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson, and I'm about halfway through that.

How did you get into Pokémon and Pokémon Showdown?
I first got exposed to pokemon at around 4-5 years old, watching my older brother play pokemon gold and since then, I've always loved pokemon. I played Pokemon Colosseum a ton and caught all but 1 of the shadow pokemon, which I'm still sad about. Tbh, I haven't played many of the Main games, but there was never a time where I didn't actively like/enjoy the games/world. I think I looked up Pokemon battle simulator to find PO and I was super relieved to know I didn't need to buy a DS to get into competitive battling. I found PS through members of PO back in the day. That was 6-7 years ago now.

What about AAA piqued your interest?
Honestly it was a matter of me being decent at it from the hop, and that motivated me to build teams and keep laddering. I would win some AAA tournaments in the Tournaments room and then when OMGS 2016 rolled around, I got to round 4 which was a big accomplishment for me. After that OMGS "run" I was pretty hooked.

If you could change one thing about AAA, what would it be?
I'm pretty happy with where it is at the moment. I suppose, in my opinion, the most threatening pokemon that needs to be looked at is Terrakion; however, I'd like to see a metagame without Magearna. It would be interesting how people adapt and change.

What are your thoughts on OMPL V?
I had a good time overall. I felt like everything was smoothly run for the most part. I think there was a small bit of drama, but I have basically no idea about any of that. Aside from that, I obviously wish my team had the chance to win finals, and with a bit of luck, or rather, with a bit less luck from one certain team (cough) we would have had that opportunity. No complaints, though, I had fun.

What would you like to win OMotM next month?
Tier Shift or AAA ubers, even though I'm unsure on the status of AAA ubers haha

AAA Ubers is ineligible!
fk it, go AAA ubers

What players do you look up to or are really good friends with within the OM community?
I don't look up to any players, but I'd say that's a characteristic I carry outside of mons as well. As for friends, a lot of AAA crew I consider close. motherlove, darksylvion, aesf, imas, ihhca or Virginia and special shouts to Racool and Laxpras cuz they are noobs. I like a lot of the OM guys tho, hope they don't hate me for not listing everyone :c

Can you provide a niche set that you have created and explain how/why it works?
Hmm. Recently I made an AAA set that was essentially a clone of what makes Sawk good in low standard tiers, which is essentially a strong as hell mon with sturdy to bail teams out from set up sweepers in this case, I used choice band sturdy landorus in AAA and it was really helpful punching holes in common switch ins such as tapu fini or mew, and has saved my bacon countless times just make sure you keep rocks off the field!

MAMP asks: Free averagemons?
Free AAA ubers ;P

GL Volkner asks: Do you go by love machine irl?
Next question

Cam asks: What's your favourite animal and why?
I don't actively have a sentimental favourite. Never had pets or anything. But I fuckin love manatees. THEY ARE COWS OF THE SEA! HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THEM

Thoughts on dugongs?
I don't mind em, but they haven't won my heart like manatees have

EV asks: Why do you love and adore me so much, huh?
You got the wrong jrdn, EV, i know nothing about this!

Thanks for letting me interview you today!
Thanks for the interview :)

Any final words?
Free AAA ubers and Volk, we arent friends anymore :]

Ask any questions you have for Jrdn below!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)