Old Generation Analyses Reservation Thread

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While the metagames are considered a vacuum where the tiers are, for the most part, set in stone, posting analysis updates for RBY, GSC, or ADV are still a welcomed contribution to Smogon! Obviously small changes and controversial changes (EVs or small moveset addition / change) should still be kept in their respective threads. Full updates should have the prefix of the generation it's for and the Pokemon's name in the title. It's highly suggested that, unless you know the metagame well, that you consult with an older player to make sure you're not giving incorrect information.

The activity of this forum will probably not be extremely high, but posting 'dibs,' on a Pokemon will still be helpful. Be sure to get an approval from a member of the contact list here so that your analysis can get onsite!

Remember, this is a low priority project but each and every contribution is still valued. If a thread you post isn't good enough the first time, then feel free to re-write it and make it better!

To clarify if you're updating something in this forum, you should be updating the analysis to bring it more on par with the DPP and BW analyses currently onsite, ie. with detailed set comments explaining what the moves do, what the strategy is, good teammates, and counters to the set. Be sure to follow the current analysis formatting as well!

ADV

Claydol - Triangles
Dugtrio - Moo
Gengar - Moo
Jolteon - Triangles
Lanturn - Triangles
Lapras - Triangles
Slaking - Moo
Swampert - Triangles
Tauros - Sir
Tyranitar - gene
Ursaring - Triangles

GSC

Blissey - Lockeness / Crystal_
Cloyster - Lockeness
Forretress - Lockeness
Machamp - Jorgen
Miltank - Lockeness
Misdreavus - Lockeness
Quagsire - Jorgen
Raikou - Lockeness
Skarmory - Lockeness
Snorlax - Jorgen
Tyranitar - Jorgen
Zapdos - Lockeness

RBY

Chansey - Crystal_
Dragonite - Jorgen / Crystal_
Exeggutor - Crystal_
Snorlax - Alan / Crystal_
Tauros - Crystal_

Post the dibs in this thread

ADV

Jirachi - JabbaTheGriffin
Magneton - Triangles
Snorlax - meteor64
Tyranitar - Sir

GSC

RBY

Alakazam - Crystal_

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
I was recently going through some of the Generation 2 analysis and a bunch of them were seriously lacking. I am a good writer, but I would love the opportunity to hone my skills by re-doing some of these analyses. I am moderately familiar with Gen. 2 and I hope I can add something to the more neglected analyses. I am new to Contribution and Corrections so any help or tips are very welcome! Getting feedback is the primary reason I want to contribute!

I would like to start with Misdreavus.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Go right on ahead, just be sure to follow the correct formatting.

We'd love to have someone spruce up the Gen 2 stuff, since that's probably our weakest generation information-wise.

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
Great, I'm glad to be of help. I will be sure to do my best with the formatting, and I would love suggestions once I get the write up complete!

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I've updated the OP with what has been updated thus far (from what I could get from looking at the history of the OP) and what WIPs are going on.

haha it obviously wasn't going to be RBY or GSC Magneton!
I'll probably work on rby Chansey next, but oh well i'm so busy until summer...

Lockeness

(e^(i╥))+1=0
It was a pleasure to work on Miltank and Misdreavus with all the awesome feedback I got back from some very good and very intelligent GSC battlers. I would love to do it again, and so I'm calling GSC Skarmory for an analysis.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
After the end of this week, I'll have time to kill.

I'll call GSC Tyranitar for now, since its analysis is probably in the most dire need of an update among the GSC analyses.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
GSC Quagsire is a legit threat with belly drum, and I plan to take his analysis on next.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
Where might I be able to suggest changing the tiering of certain mons? Specifically, I'd like to see GSC Vaporeon moved to OU, and GSC Alakazam moved to BL.

Oglemi

Borf
Where might I be able to suggest changing the tiering of certain mons? Specifically, I'd like to see GSC Vaporeon moved to OU, and GSC Alakazam moved to BL.
This would be something to bring up in the Ruins of Alph to see what other people think of it. If there's a large consensus to change the tiering of a couple of Pokemon we can then go ahead with the changes. (getting people from the contact list to post their feelings would be a good thing to do too)

Triangles

Big Stew
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I can't help but see that the ADV Ursaring article is looking a bit threadbare. Can I spruce it up a bit?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
I'll see what I can do with RBY Dragonite, since his current on-site analysis could really use the upheaval. A more descriptive overview and shifting the focus to Wrap rather than the godawful Mixed Attacker set are the main things I have in mind for the update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)