Official Smogon University Simulator Statistics — January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
asbdsp, I'd be delighted to throw in a SwagPlay marker. How would you define SwagPlay? 2+ Pokemon on a team with Swagger and Foul Play? Can Swagger be on one Pokemon and FP be on another?

asbdsp, I'd be delighted to throw in a SwagPlay marker. How would you define SwagPlay? 2+ Pokemon on a team with Swagger and Foul Play? Can Swagger be on one Pokemon and FP be on another?
That seems about right. Don't think it should matter whether swagger and foul play are on the same poke or different, or even if its combined with prankster, as that only makes the strategy more effective, as opposed to fundamentally altering it.

Will be interesting to see the actual statistical prevalence of this trend in the various metas.

migetno1, someone brought this up with me before, and I dismissed it as a PS error, but I think it *is* with the parser.

Yep. I never added the new Gen VI abilities to my "keyLookup." I'll do that now, and it'll be fixed in this month's usage stats.

Will you have the newly-adjusted elite stats (i.e. 1850+) for this month?
Yes, but I set the cutoff to 1760 (corresponding approximately to the best 2% of players in each tier). Note that 1760 corresponds to Glicko rating, not Elo rating (Elo is what the ladder is sorted by).

Also, fyi, the stats are coming... it's just taking a while.

Edit: Before someone asks, I estimate I'll be able to have the stats up Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday. Yeah--it's taking *that* long.

Yes, but I set the cutoff to 1760 (corresponding approximately to the best 2% of players in each tier). Note that 1760 corresponds to Glicko rating, not Elo rating (Elo is what the ladder is sorted by).

Also, fyi, the stats are coming... it's just taking a while.

Edit: Before someone asks, I estimate I'll be able to have the stats up Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday. Yeah--it's taking *that* long.
Are there any significant differences between 1630 and 1760 in the movesets used, just from your general impression?

Are there any significant differences between 1630 and 1760 in the movesets used, just from your general impression?
I haven't compared the two directly, no, because each takes a crazy long time to run. But from my own personal experiences and through some conversations, I've concluded that one std.dev above the average player doesn't really qualify for "1337" status these days, especially for a tier like OU, which has a large amount of non-serious players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)