Official Smogon NFL Fantasy Football Thread (2016-17 Season) - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have played Ben over over Mariota (did I break his fibula perhaps?), but in my defence, my opponent featured Dak (23.98), Zeke (21.20) and LeVeon (25.70) en route to 139.12 completely BS fantasy points.

...Also, none of those guys were even his top scorer. That distinction belonged to Adam freakin' Thielen (33.36), a man I have never even heard of before, but rest assured, I will hate for the rest of my life.

Fantasy football is frequently a stupid thing, my friends.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I should have played Ben over over Mariota (did I break his fibula perhaps?), but in my defence, my opponent featured Dak (23.98), Zeke (21.20) and LeVeon (25.70) en route to 139.12 completely BS fantasy points.

...Also, none of those guys were even his top scorer. That distinction belonged to Adam freakin' Thielen (33.36), a man I have never even heard of before, but rest assured, I will hate for the rest of my life.

Fantasy football is frequently a stupid thing, my friends.
Adam Thielen has gone for almost 1000 yards receiving this year...

I like two-round series, especially week 17. Possibly benched players tried in that interesting challenge. Even funner when you got dudes who likely won't. Sonofabitch Odell ain't gonna bridge the gap like he did last week, so at 26 points ahead, my A's pretty much done. Only 5 behind on my B, so let's get it done.

My lil paid league, floundered into fourth place last week. Go figure. Surprised I made it that far.

Congrats to the winners here. I hope you won't let these wins change who you are and you remain friends with everyone else. Even though you're better and they're lesser. And don't even deserve to reply in threads you've already posted in.

*Edit*

WB posted the thread and look at that, winner of A, which he commisioned. Real suspicious...#fantasygate

Last edited:

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Bit late but I was too lazy to do this 2-3 weeks ago and I still wanted to do it anyway.

Fantasy surprises, busts, I-told-you-sos this season for ye?

+Did anyone see ROOKIE SENSATION DAK PRESCOTT being the sixth best fantasy QB this season? Holy hell. Mariota was also a top ten.
+David Johnson being an elite RB is not a surprise. What IS a surprise is that #2 RB Ezekiel Elliot isn't close to him (somewhat of a surprise himself, though not that much) and WRs were completely and utterly obliterated. So much for consensus #1 pick Antonio Brown.
+Demarco Murray wasn't a surprise to me, he probably was to many others considering his ADP. See also: Gordon, Melvin. Freeman was as elite as advertised, though it didn't look like he would be early in the season with Coleman's production.
+Frank Gore is still a beast. Why is literally a New England running back, Blount, leading the league in rushing TDs?
+"Told you so" on Baldwin. Told you so on MICHAEL CRABTREE OUT-PRODUCING AMARI COOPER, BITCHES!
+Who the fuck is Tyreek Hill and why is he a top ten WR? For that matter, who the fuck is Adam Thielen? When did Davante Adams become good at football?
+TERRELLE PRYOR

()DT and Sanders have basically identical production, again. Truly 1A and 1B receivers on the Broncos. So did Crabtree and Cooper, which is not a surprise, but since Crabtree should technically be finishing ahead, I had to say it.

-Senior citizen Larry Fitzgerald was still the guy in Arizona. Arizona also for some reason sucks this season and David Johnson is approximately 140% of their offensive production. LOL MICHAEL FLOYD REMEMBER WHEN HE WAS RELEVANT?
-LOL TODD GURLEY AND THE RAMS, except surprisingly Kenny Britt was sneakily a top 25 WR.
-LOL SCAM BUSTON AND THE PANTHERS, except big Greg Olsen.
-RIP DeAndre Hopkins drafters, Allen Robinson, Marshall, Jeffery, and all those who succumbed to injury. Except Arian Foster drafters... you knew what you were getting, man.
-FUCK ADRIAN PETERSON ASGHFDIDFGHAUIDADODFDHGJFQWOEUYWQVHDJGHJHOEWRPWRYGFE
-WTF Gostkowski is not a top ten kicker this year?

-WTF Gostkowski is not a top ten kicker this year?
wow this was actually rather surprising to me, the Pats offense isn't really any worse than usual this year but Gostkowski apparently hasn't attempted as many field goals or long field goals as usual, and there are lots of teams that have attempted/made more FGs despite having worse offenses (and a few kickers that have more attempts in similarly good/better offenses).

also RIP week 17 championships, my championship game is currently 14-19 after the teams scored 117-121 last week (average score in this league is like 80 points, so last week was pretty huge for both teams) with 4 players each. RIP Shady's ankle, hope it's something like a broken ankle and not something like an Achilles tear. Would be terrible to end an amazing, useless season with an injury that ruins next year as well.

Any league that does week 17 championships is stupid. It blows my mind that it's even an option for the commissioner to select
It's the worst. Just lost David Johnson and had to bench ODB for playing-time reasons. They've been doing it since the 90's and won't budge even when week 17 benchings seem to be more and more common in recent years.

Gonna lose my championship game for the same reasons, no LeVeon or Shady. I actually didn't know that the championship game was moved to Week 17 in this league when we expanded to 12 teams (I take full responsibility for not knowing), but I'm legit thinking about not playing in it next year if that doesn't change, and I've been in this league ever since I started playing fantasy altogether in '09.

Any league that does week 17 championships is stupid. It blows my mind that it's even an option for the commissioner to select
Draft and waiver better.

I'm one of the five people in the world that loves week 17 fantasy. As I said, it makes shit five million times more interesting in the end. Step yo late season waiver skills up, fuckas.

1st place in A, second in B (dammit). My paid was the proper single round for playoffs ending last week, and got lucky on my mid season pickups to save it from being bottom three. Yep, admitting I drafted AP in that one. Against my better judgement too. Then Cooper slowing down and Green going out. Don't matter in the end, we all said fuck it, winner takes all this season. Still enjoy the bragging rights.

Next year I need to do an IDP league too. Those are really good if you got the time. Don't do it often because it makes the strain even worse with multiple leagues. Especially if paid, Lord have mercy.

Gotta love how my A went from paid to maybe paid, to no paid. Fuckin cheapos.

Last edited:
Because you can totally predict who's going to be resting in week 17 before the season starts. You're the reason we can't have nice things
Hey, you can't predict who's gonna tank from week 1 either. Looking at the bums who drafted Gurley. I knew that would happen. Same with Hopkins. Robinson was definitely unfortunate. Cooper was suppose to get like 400 more yards this year than what he did.

I'm pretty decent at that doing week 17. You just gotta pay attention to the stakes of each team, injury risk, and backup potential. There's plenty of serviceable options. 12 man leagues, I'll admit, are a problem though.

Don't worry, I'll lobby congress to require all leagues to run through week 17 next year.

i think aggregate week 16/17 finals are pretty fun. the espn league i run as my money league does that and its pretty exciting

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice to see that some of the traditional leagues have been re-upped already, about the time of the year to start prep for the upcoming season

Something I'd like to gauge interest on, would anyone else be interested in doing a long-term dynasty league aside from the standard redeaft ones? With the assumption that you're in for at least five seasons.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be making the new thread within the next week hopefully. As per your question about the dynasty league, I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)