Metagame np: DOU Stage 0 - Tale as Old as Time | Magearna and Zygarde Quickbanned | Eevium Z Quickbanned

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
am curious as to sets + spreads that people have been running on ttar. Find it hard to decide between different sets but have been enjoying ttar quite a bit.

disagree with the notion that anything in current gen is suspect worthy. No mon sticks out as "this doesn't have weaknesses that I can abuse" ie jirachi is passive + weak to multiple things, tapu lele rolls over @ seeing steels, etc. Trick Room is obviously always going to be good but we've already seen adaptations to hoopa-u and zong has obvious shortcomings.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I use max Atk / max Spe Jolly Tar @ Weakness Policy - Rock Slide, Crunch, Ice Punch, Protect. The Speed really comes in handy to outrun slow mons like Milotic, Tapu Fini, Rotom, Politoed, and min Spe Jirachi. The speed investment also lets TTar take better advantage of speed control. There are so many super-effective hits that Tar can sponge to double its offense. I much appreciate the Ice coverage, but you can easily swap it out for DD if you want a more decisive end-game win con. DDTar requires a lot of support from my experience, though, whereas Ice Punch gives it better wall-breaking capabilities. Aqua Tail is another option over Ice Punch if you want to better deal with Heatran, Diancie, and opposing Tyranitar, while still hitting Landorus-T hard; you lose out on Zygarde, though.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Tyranitar with avest is nearly impossible to kill
You already have sand giving you 50% boost now add avest on top and you can just tank SpA fairy, water, grass like nothing. Moves that otherwise are threatening

One reason for having all that bulk is to run dragon tail. It's very helpful for removing set sweepers and trick room setters.

But I find it most useful to dragon tail the mon switching in. For example charY is in and switches out to landoT. Dragon landoT on the switch.

Rock slide
Crunch
Dragon tail
Low kick / iron head /fire punch (usually in that order)

After some brainstorming with darksylvion, we came up with some ideas to counter Kang + Bronzong. Well yes, you can make Bronzong's Hypnosis ineffective with Electric Terrain and Misty Terrain, but the opponent can alway send their own terrain setter or simply use Trick Room to their offensive advantage. To prevent such scenarios from occurring, your best interest (imao) is to never let Bronzong use Trick Room in the first place. Here are some strategies that we talked about:

1. First, you need to prevent Kang's Fake Out from being effective. The easiest way to do this is having Tapu Lele on the field. Other methods include the use of faster Fake Out users or faster Quick Guard users. Based on experience, a faster Kang is definitely effective. However, I'm not too sure about the viability of potential Quick Guard users; examples include Terrakion and Keldeo.
2. The next step is to eliminate or remove Zong for good. Bronzong's Abilities (Levitate and Heatproof) are truly troublesome, but a combination of effective moves (Ex. Tapu Lele's Shadow Ball + Volcarona's Inferno Overdrive) will take out Bronzong. LO-boosted Hyperspace Fury and Aegislash's Never-Ending Nightmare also OHKO Bronzong. There are also the "unhealthy" methods of using Roar, etc. The possibilities are dedicated, but limitless.

Matame and miltankmilk also made good points about Bronzong, too, but I personally don't want to wait out TR for 5 turns. Also, I agree that Hoopa-U is the true threat in Trick Room. It's even effective in Tailwind and through Z-Ally Switch (lol). However, it is only threatening when the speed is in its favor. Again, in order to avoid such issues, carefully prevent them from occurring (just like how I discussed with Bronzong). I'm not sure if this post helped or not, but I nevertheless hope that it encourages players to learn how to adapt to the ever-changing meta. Seriously though, Trick Room is a playstyle that every team should be prepared to go against.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)