Tournament NeverUsed Premier League V - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

The Neverused Premier League V

No art credits because reasons

We're doing this, finally.

In this thread I expect this season's managers to sign up. If you don't sign up, you won't manage a team. This year, the aim is to increase the number of teams from last year’s 6 to 8, so let’s make it happen. If you want to manage, all you have to do is post and explain why you are fit to manage a team. Managers will be selected based on NU experience / NUPL experience / SPL experience so convince me you have that. Please note that any information other than that: I don't care; it probably isn't relevant. Failing to submit relevant information will probably hurt your chances to manage.

What you have to do as manager:
  • Send in a roster every week
  • Keep activity high in your team / make subs when required

Example sign up: (please note that doing a better post than this increases your chances)
me i lead NU in the past

NU: i lead bw and xy
NUPL: i lose every year
SPL: worst player of all time

Unlike past years where team names have been temporary, I want to try to move towards more permanent team names that stay between each year, so think of a better team name than The Gilbert Gottfried Golducks. With that out of the way:

There's 8 slots to fill this year:

SM NU
SM NU
SM NU
ORAS NU
BW2 NU
DPP NU
ADV NU
SM NU / ORAS NU / BW2 NU (Best of 3)

This season won't have any XY / BW slots either, because they’re stupid. At least 2 subs will be required on each team, but more is allowed as well. As another difference from last year, managers do not have to play in one slot every week, but you can opt-in for this buy buying yourself for 10k credits. If you still have questions, ask them here and I’ll try to answer them. Here's to another enjoyable season!

Deadline for applications: June 16th 11:59 PM EST (gmt -5). (so like five days)

NU: I mod it for a long time now, also i've been in the community for almost 2 years now. Been active alot lately in community as well and would dedicated and really excited to be a manager if I get picked of course!
NUPL: I played it, went 1-2.
SPL: I don't wanna talk about it. (but got drafted) (also played in ltpl were I went 5-2)

Superior Samurotts for the win!

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm one half of the Nu tiers immaculate leadership. I managed last years krusty krabs to an nupl win. I showed advantage who was boss and went 3-2 in spl while he sat on the bench and maintained his 0-1 record ;)

Pick me or I'll spiral into a deep dark depression

NU: Been around since the BW2 days
NUPL: Extremely experienced with cheerleading in 3 generations over 3 NUPLs
SPL: I was bought midseason to be a lower tier cheerleader

As a result of my cheerleading past, I would like for my team name to be: The Cheery Chinglings

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
NU: have been around since bw2 in early 2013, NU was my OG tier
NUPL: nearly beat zeb in one nupl game but he got a crit on my klinklang as it was about to end the game :{ my w-l wasn't staggering afaik but i beat meeps i think
SPL: i may have ghosted someone at some point idk

as u can probably imagine im a fan favourite

I played ORAS NU quite a lot, though not in the tour scene, and I am interested in managing in this NUPL and kicking my fellow managers' asses each week. I have not played in SPL, and the only managing experience I have is in RoAPL but I am excited and look forward to a very fun season this year.
Team Name: Sunnyshore Rotoms

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
NU: I play if often enough to get tiering contributor based off it. A lot more prominent in 5th gen, but still played 6th and 7th gens.
NUPL: IIRC had a .500 or higher record every year except maybe the year I managed, beating players such as Mcmeagan and Eo ut mortus in earlier nupls. I also have played in every NUPL. I also managed 2 seasons ago, and I would be surprised if someone on the team was not happy with my management. Took team that was regarded as the worst to having a chance to make finals in the final week of season. Highlights include drafting DTC, drafting shaneghoul with my last pick, and trusting Robert Alfons as a last minute sub to win a game/week vs flcls team. I also tutored in past, notably jariibo, which shows my commitment to the tier. Plus Overwatch Anniversary event is over so I will have more time for mons.
SPL: i had like one of the best records in the farm league once if that counts.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
I have been waiting YEARS for a chance to manage this tournament. I can guarantee that the squad I would assemble would be nothing short of insane. I know the NU tiers as I actually tied another user for the best record in all of LTPL with a 7-1 record. I went 2-0 last NUPL and somehow managed to win a game with that webs team in finals. My SPL experience involved beating CasedVictory and getting haxed by TR lord meeps. I actually played basically the 4 best NUers at the end of that SPL and went 2-2.

I have great knowledge of SM, ORAS, BW2, and ADV NU.

The last 3 team tours I was a part of I had much higher than .500 record

LTPL: 7-1
NUPL: 2-0
POCL: 6-3

More importantly, ShakeItUp has donned me as a decent player, which means he gets to bring riolu every week.

I want nothing more than to band together a lord squad that will make Kiyo a very Krusty Krab.

My roster been lookin nice in my head for about 2 months now.

My team will be named "The You Done Messed Up Now A-Arons"

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
The managers for this NUPL will be:

rozes / Kiyo / FLCL / Raseri / Evan. / Jarii / ADVANTAGE / Shadowtags

New managers send me a team name that is better than Plopping Pelippers, and if anyone who managed before want to change, let me know that too.

Edit: As for assistant managers, you'll get to pick any player on your team as your assistant but I won't let you buy them uncontested. Feel free to fight me on this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)