Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Trick Room
- Eerie Impulse
- Ice Beam

BUILDING PROCESS:
cinderace.gif

I started with cinderace because it's pretty strong and one of my favorite pokemon. It hits some of the common restricteds pretty well like zacian calyrex shadow and calyrex ice to name a few. I ran life orb because cinderace is my main gmax sweeper, and tries to score kills the most.
cinderace.gif
calyrex-shadow.gif

I added calyrex shadow because it's the restricted i have the most knowledge about and am the most comfortable with, plus i think it pairs nicely with cinderace. I went with substitute protect to give calyrex some needed durability, and a wise glasses because cinderace already had the life orb.

cinderace.gif
calyrex-shadow.gif
indeedee-f.gif

I added indeedee-f because i felt like the two pokemon i had were too frail, so i brought indeedee for some redirection, and helping hand to assist cinderace (and sometimes calyrex) in getting needed KOs. i considered running sash, but i wanted some extra bulk, so i brought the psychic seed. the 3 i have right now are looking pretty solid
cinderace.gif
calyrex-shadow.gif
indeedee-f.gif
whimsicott.gif

I mainly added whimsicott for speed control, and halfway through building it i decided to add switcheroo with eject button to mess up dynamax users especially coal. Moonblast allows me to hit things like urshifu which i just wouldn't be able to hit if cinderace go's down, and urshifu has always been a problem for me, so i brought whimsicott to double check urshifu.

cinderace.gif
calyrex-shadow.gif
indeedee-f.gif
whimsicott.gif
landorus-therian.gif

I added landorus therian because i realized my struggles against a lot of the common fire types, as well as to have a secondary dynamax sweeper if i cant bring cinderace. landorus is meant to patch up some of the weaknesses i saw.

cinderace.gif
calyrex-shadow.gif
indeedee-f.gif
whimsicott.gif
landorus-therian.gif
View attachment 382598

Finally, i added porygon 2 for some extra speed control incase trick room gets setup and i need to undo it. As well as an ice attack to hit the flying types i couldnt hit well with ice beam. porygon 2 is pretty much the glue keeping the team together, and i don't think i can go without it right now.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hello Incinerawr This team I don't think is very far off.

:Porygon2: -> :Thundurus:

Porygon2 can reverse Trick Room yes, however Porygon2 is contradictorily to the break neck pace of Calyrex-S hyper offense teams, and I think another Pokemon would be far better here. Furthermore for the Trick Room reversing role Calyrex-S or Whimsicott can actually do that, though probably shakier.

Why Thundurus?
This team has 2 glaring weaknesses right now and to me those weaknesses are versus Kyogre and Yveltal because your lacking in strong answers to them. What checks both Kyogre and Yveltal? Assault Vest Thundurus. To top this off Thundurus takes advantage of the premier Flying Type Landorus-T via Defiant. Thundurus should have nice synergy alongside Calyrex-S for its ability to keep Yveltal in check and punish Incineroar.

:Indeedee-F: :Psychic Seed: -> :Safety Goggles:
Run Psychic Surge lol. Also this team lacks any immunities to Sleep Powder or Spore so I recommend using Safety Goggles over the Psychic Seed.

:Calyrex-Shadow: & :Cinderace:
:Focus Sash: -> :Life Orb:
:Life Orb: ->:White herb:
I feel like with Thundurus now on the team, as a strong Pokemon to support Calyrex-S alongside Cinderace, it should be made as threatening as possible with Life Orb. Of course running Life Orb on Calyrex-S removes Cinderace's ability to run it, however White Herb Cinderace is still good. I also put Iron Head over Sucker Punch on Cinderace as to try and help in the matchup versus Calyrex-Ice.

EDIT: I had Cinderace as Mental Herb mistakenly changed it to White Herb

https://pokepast.es/5f890f3698259372 Here is your new team I hope you enjoy it

:Calyrex-Ice:
Calyrex-Ice already looked quite threatening to your team even with Porygon2, without it I'm not sure how manageable it will be without it, though the combination of Calyrex-S and other Pokemon could potentially put a lot of pressure on it before TR is set up. If you see Calyrex-Ice as too much of a problem I think the best route would be replacing Indeedee-F the less essential support Pokemon for something that checks it, such as Incineroar, perhaps even more specifically a Shuca Berry Incineroar with Will-O-Wisp/Burning Jealousy. Incineroar is quite customizable EV spread wise but something like this should help.
Incineroar @ Shuca Berry (Other items like sitrus are probably fine too.)
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Parting Shot
- Will-O-Wisp / Burning Jealousy
- Fake Out

Edit again: I thought Calyrex-S was sash, when it was wise glasses myb, but I do still support the change.

Last edited:
This is a interesting team, nothing like I've ever seen in VGC. I would switch Wise Glasses on Calyrex to something such as Life Orb, however, Wise Glasses works as well. Would change Porygon 2, to something that can counter Kyogre also use Psychic Surge lol, really like this team tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)