National Dex national dex anything goes bulky offense

This team is built because I wanted to have a powerful defensive team in natdex anything goes. I think its good but could be better. It got to 1900 elo and top 25 on ladder. This is my first time posting an rmt so sorry if i do anything wrong.
:arceus:
Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Refresh
I wanted to use arceus-fairy since it could check many threats such as marshadow and zygarde. it also was a wincon that can sweep with calm mind. Its really good because of its high defenses and access to recover. 24 speed evs are just so it speedcreeps base 90s without +speed nature, and the rest is to maximize physical bulk. refresh is really helpful vs status.

:tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Blast
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
I knew i needed a dark type on my team, or else i would be easily swept by calyrex-shadow. This slot was originally arceus-dark but i switched tyranitar since my team was weak to yveltal. It is my teams stealth rock user, and uses pursuit and rock blast for calyrex-shadow and yveltal respectively. rest lets you recover. This team uses safety goggles over tyranitarite to improve the smeargle match-up and to dynamax, but they are interchangeable. You can also use heavy duty boots to evade hazards. Evs are just to maximize special defense.

:quagsire:
Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic
I just added quagsire because it was the best zacian-c answer. Its self explanitory, i just used the sample sets for most of my pokemon. max defense,recover, and leftovers help stave off zacian-c, earthquake for main attack, and toxic is to punish switches. quagsire can also help get an emergency toxic vs something like mega-rayquaza, but other than that its mostly just used for zacian.

:Groudon-Primal:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
- Rest
I needed something to switch in safety to kyogre and its primal forme, so i used shedinja. However, shedinja comboed poorly with tyranitar, so i switched to primal groudon. Pblades for stab, stone edge for flyers, toxic to punish bulky pokemon trying to switch in, and rest for recovery. I just used the sample set for evs which tanks 2 zacian close combat and rest in special defense.

:ho-oh:
Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Recover
- Defog
- Whirlwind
Ho-oh checks a lot of attackers like xerneas and arceus-ground, and my team needed a defogger. I used the sample set to take xerneas thunder and dump the rest in defense. Sacred fire can fish for burns, recover for recovery, whirlwind forces out threats before they can set-up too much. You can run toxic>recover for better arceus-ground matchup, but this team is toxic enough lol.

:zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Impish Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Rest
- Toxic
Zygarde is mainly here because this team is really weak to primal groudon. leftovers and rest let you recover, coil for boosting defense, thousand arrows for hitting most pokemon for good damage. Toxic can put opponents on a timer and punishes zygarde's usual switch-ins.

The main threat to this team is mega-rayquaza. Nothing wants to switch into mega-rayquaza, and its one of the biggest offensive threats to any team. you can usually beat it by getting an early toxic or dmaxing arceus-fairy, but if you see rayquaza on your opponent's team you must be weary.
Another threat to this team is xerneas. Xerneas can bust through ho-oh with dynamax, so you should play around dynamax. However, that is easier said than done, as nothing on this team wants to switch in to +2 max starfall. most of the time i switch into ho-oh on geomancy then go into pdon to scout, but this sequence isn't unbeatable.
Calyrex-shadow is another threat. although tyranitar checks it well, it can evade pursuit trapping with baton pass and tyranitar gets chipped easily. with dynamax and a super effective move, it actually can muscle past tyranitar. Overall just a really hard pokemon for this team to counter.

I used this team a lot on ladder, but i don't usually save replays or screenshots so i have no proof of this team's effectiveness, sadly.
importable:https://pokepast.es/fe8d3f79dd210f58

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)