Walrus Myzozoa's Walrus Redux: Humbug Ball (Won by Shubaka)

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
1514926173267.png

What is a 'Walrus'? This is a game where you submit songs according to each category and then I judge each song, assigning a score out of 10. I’ll announce beforehand the time I'll reveal each category, and play them live in the Walrus discord channel. The winner is whoever has the most points at the end.

This winter-y season I've prepared 12 categories for folks to test their skill at:

Walrus categories in 3 flights
flight a. The bass-ic warm-up and tuning
1. Hydra
Your submission must have strings and/or horns. ‘Horn’ i.e, not the rhythm section, vocals or stringed. A horn is a clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, french horn, flute, trombone, etc. Stringed: i.e, not the rhythm section, vocals or horns. so guitar is not gonna get it done here, a violin or cello would. rhythm section: percussion, guitar, bass. Vocals should be self explanatory.

2. Lute
The eponymous category comes from the user on MU known for enjoying morbid songs. Think gothic horror. You should be aware your host is fan of rom-goth.

3. Make Me Cry
Submit a sad, sad, song

4.You Know What I Need
This holiday season send me a lovely present: a song with only femme-identified vocalists and a killer amazing bass track.

example songs for flight 1:
1. Hydra: Amy Winehouse- In My Bed
2. Lute: PJ Harvey-Legs
3. Make Me Cry: Sleater Kinney- The Size of Our Love
4. You know what I need: a roux- in for the kill

flight b .the seasonal flight
5. Fuck the police
Send me a song that has a message of ‘fuck the police’, other than fuck the police by KRS1 as seen in the example.

6.“It’s ‘Holidays Party’ not ‘Holiday Party’”
December has a lot of holidays, such as Hanukkah, Christmas, a pile of christian feast days, christian advent days, the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, the birthday of the 10th Sikh guru, the solstice, etc (i know one too many rich white women). For this cat please send me a song that belongs to a cultural formation that emerged at a location outside of Japan, Korea, Europe, USA, and Canada.

7. Winter has come
Send me a song that evokes a chilly winter feel, or a song that evokes a cozy ‘around the hearth’ feel.

8.New years resolution
Be bold in interpreting this one, send me something that relates to the title of the cat.

examples for the seasonal flight
5. Fuck the Police:Krs1: sound of the police
6. “It’s ‘Holidays Party’ not ‘Holiday Party’”: tribalistas-carnivalia
7.Winter Is coming: Bjork- 5 Years
8. New Years Resolution: Bjork- Desired Constellation

flight c. Last Call- worth double points
9. Classical music
Submit classical music. No opera.
10. Top 10 Pops
Submit a song that was in the U.S Billboard Hot 100, in the top 10, any year.
11. It’s A Live
You can submit anything, but it must be live, in concert.
12. Best for Last
Submit the song you think is best or will get the highest score from me. Your last best shot.

flight c. examples
9. Classical Music: Festive Overture composed by Shostakovich
10. Pop Music: Lady Gaga- Just Dance
11. It's A Live: PJ Harvey and Bjork- Satisfaction
12.Best for Last: Lauryn Hill- Ex-Factor

Suspect Testing Paragraph (the ban list):
"Some of my most listened to artists are Lady gaga, Bjork, Pj Harvey, The Pixies, Amy Winehouse, The Breeders, The Clash, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Kanye West, Blondie, Lauren Hill, Patti Smith, M.I.A, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It is not recommended that you choose songs by these artists, but you are free to do so. Do not submit paper planes, or gold digger, or gold lion.

I hate metal and country, in that order. I hate the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, and most other stupid shit ur baby boomer parents listen to. I do not like metal, once again. You are welcome to submit music from any genre.

You would do well to be bold, unconventional. I don’t much like pop music, folk music, ‘alternative’. If you want to be sure to score high on every track,make sure it has a beat. None of that weak shit. I don’t like ‘dead air’, songs that feel too quiet, like the artist forgot to finish the arrangement. I don’t know how to explain it other than that."

Please post in the thread if the above is formatted in a difficult way, I want feedback and will make changes.

Invites: jumpluff dice billymills old greg has a new name but is invited Soul Fly I will post more.

Sign-ups:
Alfons
Snype
Knights
MyNameIsNothing
Aladynn
Walrein
DLE
Lectrys
Llamas
Martin
Asek
Texas
shub
soul fly
LG
pdc
tcr
soviet
granny pie
erin

Last edited:

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
the exact deadline for cat 1 is january 27thth iirc. i have not yet announced the first reveal but it will probs be shortly after and I will accept submits until the day before the 1st reveal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)