SM UU My very firts under used team. Rate it!

Hello everyone. I have been the last month playing a bit to Showdown, and the other day i decide that i felt confortable enough to try to make a team myself. So, where do we start?
Well, maybe the firts thing that i should do is apologize for my bad english. Im crearly not a native speaker, so i will try my best to make this post readable.
And now, the team:

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

The real reason why i started this team was because i wanna play nidoking. I try it in OU, but every single game nidoking use to get kicked in the ass so hard (probably cause the lack of my skill), so i decide to use this standard set for UU.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Then i thought "What would fit whit nidoking?" And i introduce starmie to the team. Once more, just a bulkie-fast starmie. Pretty standard.

Rotom-Heat @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Defog

Rotom-heat. Will o wisp, defog, volt switch and inmunity to ground. So much utilitty.
Oh, also a fire type pokemon. Thats always cool.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore
- Clear Smog

At this point, i was thinking that the ground and water pokemon can be a treat to this team, so a grass pokemon will really fit in. Amoonguss, with regenerator is such a good pivot. Also spore can cancel a strong pokemon of your rival.

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Then i thought "dude, i still have the space for a mega stone". Mega aggron is an amazing physical wall, with not bad special defense, life and attack. And also can put rocks in the field, so, good pokemon.

Pupet Drake (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

The last pokemon, Always the harddest to choose. After seen my team, I see that i have a lack of special damage. So I think that gengar could be a good pokemon for this team (also is so cool. I mean, its not hunter, but is cool). But then i figure out that put gengar in this team will only make me weaker to ground and physic, so i put hydreigon instead cause is inmune to both and also cause my team is already good enought against fairy.

So, thats my team. I hope that you help me to improve it.
Oh, and here is the paste. https://pokepast.es/d3120c86766eee24

Hey miguelb999 cool team you have here around Nidoking. You have built around it pretty well with pairing it with Scarf Hydreigon which can give it a free turn to start breaking. The main issue I see with your current team is you are very weak to Hydreigon, your team lacks a decent pivot into it besides having to keep throwing Amoonguss in the way. Your stall matchup could also be improved a bit as you are reliant on Nidoking to do so solely.

Major Changes:

>
: While Starmie can fit here, Slowbro is just a bulkier alternative that really helps your matchup against Terrakion. Between Slack Off + Regenerator it can pivot around it, but you still need to be wary of a +2 Continental Crush from it. Slowbro can act as a wincon for the team with the use of Calm Mind and in turn is able to pressure Pokemon like Suicune and Mega Altaria etc. Waterium Z gives Slowbro some nuking potential and allows it to better handle Knock Off users like Krookodile.

>
: Togekiss gives you the Fairy-type that you needed to handle threats like Hydreigon and also acts as a good Stallbreaker for the team. Togekiss provides the team with Heal Bell support to cure them of status ailments like Toxic, which is really useful for Slowbro. Very standard set with max Speed and HP.

Minor Changes:

(Set Change): Nidoking, even though having a greater Attack stat, should be used as a special threat thanks to its better special movepool. I have adjusted the set accordingly with STABs + Ice Beam for Ground-types and Mega Aerodactyl. Superpower in the last slot to help break past Blissey which helps a few of these members like Slowbro and Hydreigon. However, you can use Substitute if you prefer the safety it provides to break things better, in which case use a Timid nature.

(Move + Spread Changes): I put Defog on here instead to remove hazards for the team. I'm really not sure what this spread is for, but I made it faster than base 85's with a Timid Nature. Wiki Berry has the niche of confusing Bug Bite Scizor which is helpful. Finally, I suggest Thunder Wave > Wisp as it helps punish Pokemon like Hydreigon, Terrakion, and Latias. This can go a long way for Togekiss and Nidoking to outspeed and handle them.

(Optional Change): Roar is an option over Toxic to force out Pokemon like SD Scizor and CM Latias to prevent them freely setting up. It can allow it to prevent the free doubles into it as easily while racking up chip damage with Stealth Rock. It also prevents being trapped by Rest + Block Pyuku and Slowbro allowing you more opportunities to play around them and set up hazards.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you give the suggestions and try and like them. Overall it was a solid team you originally had built. As far as threats go Terrakion is one as it can break past Slowbro and come in freely against choice locked Hydreigon. Mega Aggron's health should be preserved as much as possible to handle Pokemon like Latias as it is your only dedicated check to it, but you have Hydreigon to revenge and Rotom-H lures + T-waves it. You can feel free to test using Stealth Rock over Superpower on Nidoking thanks to the forces it switches, to open a slot for Mega Aggron to run Rest. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope you continue to make more teams ^_^

Hey miguelb999 cool team you have here around Nidoking. You have built around it pretty well with pairing it with Scarf Hydreigon which can give it a free turn to start breaking. The main issue I see with your current team is you are very weak to Hydreigon, your team lacks a decent pivot into it besides having to keep throwing Amoonguss in the way. Your stall matchup could also be improved a bit as you are reliant on Nidoking to do so solely.

Major Changes:

>
: While Starmie can fit here, Slowbro is just a bulkier alternative that really helps your matchup against Terrakion. Between Slack Off + Regenerator it can pivot around it, but you still need to be wary of a +2 Continental Crush from it. Slowbro can act as a wincon for the team with the use of Calm Mind and in turn is able to pressure Pokemon like Suicune and Mega Altaria etc. Waterium Z gives Slowbro some nuking potential and allows it to better handle Knock Off users like Krookodile.

>
: Togekiss gives you the Fairy-type that you needed to handle threats like Hydreigon and also acts as a good Stallbreaker for the team. Togekiss provides the team with Heal Bell support to cure them of status ailments like Toxic, which is really useful for Slowbro. Very standard set with max Speed and HP.

Minor Changes:

(Set Change): Nidoking, even though having a greater Attack stat, should be used as a special threat thanks to its better special movepool. I have adjusted the set accordingly with STABs + Ice Beam for Ground-types and Mega Aerodactyl. Superpower in the last slot to help break past Blissey which helps a few of these members like Slowbro and Hydreigon. However, you can use Substitute if you prefer the safety it provides to break things better, in which case use a Timid nature.

(Move + Spread Changes): I put Defog on here instead to remove hazards for the team. I'm really not sure what this spread is for, but I made it faster than base 85's with a Timid Nature. Wiki Berry has the niche of confusing Bug Bite Scizor which is helpful. Finally, I suggest Thunder Wave > Wisp as it helps punish Pokemon like Hydreigon, Terrakion, and Latias. This can go a long way for Togekiss and Nidoking to outspeed and handle them.

(Optional Change): Roar is an option over Toxic to force out Pokemon like SD Scizor and CM Latias to prevent them freely setting up. It can allow it to prevent the free doubles into it as easily while racking up chip damage with Stealth Rock. It also prevents being trapped by Rest + Block Pyuku and Slowbro allowing you more opportunities to play around them and set up hazards.

<Click Sprites for Importable>
I hope you give the suggestions and try and like them. Overall it was a solid team you originally had built. As far as threats go Terrakion is one as it can break past Slowbro and come in freely against choice locked Hydreigon. Mega Aggron's health should be preserved as much as possible to handle Pokemon like Latias as it is your only dedicated check to it, but you have Hydreigon to revenge and Rotom-H lures + T-waves it. You can feel free to test using Stealth Rock over Superpower on Nidoking thanks to the forces it switches, to open a slot for Mega Aggron to run Rest. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I hope you continue to make more teams ^_^
Firts of all, i wanna thank you for your time and advices.
When i saw the change of slowbro over starmie i thought "men, it was so obvious that this mon fits way better, how i didnt figure out?"

The reason why rotom have that ev spreads is pretty personal. Is a pokemon that i have used a lot in UU, and i use to prefer to be more tank over that speed.

I will try this time the next time that i play UU, its seems to fix a few problems that have with the original one, but, do you think that is worth to go with 5 special attackers? Yeah, nidoking have superpower and aggron is physical but, with out knock off, an assault vest mon can be such a threat, dont you think so?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)