SM OU (My first RMT)Mega Beedrill team

Hi, this is my first RMT and I'm not sure how to add pictures, so there will be none. Sorry.

I decided to make this Mega Beedrill team because I wanted to build a team around some of the less popular mega pokemon and Beedrill seemed like a good choice. So onto the team.

Beedrill (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

Beedrill is my mega pokemon on this team and is a nice fast pokemon able to kill all non-choice scarfed varients of the Tapus and Greninja. U-turn is for switching out of bad matchups and is STAB, Poison Jab is my main STAB move. Drill run is coverage against steel types, and Knock Off is used on predicted switches for item removal.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus-T is my main ground switch in and forms a good team with Beedrill. He is also most often my lead. Earthquake is STAB, U-turn forms a VoltTurn core with Beedrill and Magnezone, and HP Ice hits opposing Lando-T.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 136 HP / 192 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is my main steel type check and my main switch in to tank anything not fire or ground. Volt switch forms the VoltTurn core, HP Fire hits Ferrothorn and Scizor, Thunderbolt hits water and flying types hard, and Flash Cannon hits fairy types.

Infernape (M) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch

Infernape is my emergency counter to steel types and a good check to Chansey. Flare Blitz is STAB, Swords Dance is good for setting up when the opponent switches, Close Combat hits Heatran, and Thunder Punch is coverage for water type switch ins. Electrium Z at +2 OHKOs Tapu Fini and Toxapex.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Magearna is my main setup sweeper and a good counter to Mega Venosaur, and Toxapex among other things. This is the standard Double Dance set on the Smogon dex page. This is also the pokemon I'm not sure who to replace with, but I feel like needs to be replaced.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog

Tapu Fini is for Defog and a dragon switch in. Taunt can shut down some setup sweepers and defoggers, Nature's Madness is mostly used on a predicted switch, but also helps to weaken walls, Moonblast hits dragon, dark, and fighting for super effective damage. Defog clears rocks for Beedrill.

Threats
TR Magaerna or Fightium-Z Magaerna. Both take out most of my switching, meaning I have to sack mons until TR runs out. The fightium-z often sets up Shift Gears, then proceeds to sweep after killing Magnezone.
Setup sweepers: I have difficulty revenge killing after speed buffs.
Chansey: If Infernape is KO'ed I have difficulty killing it without taking too much toxic damage, or damaging it in gerneral.

Thanks for any help you can give.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hey, I wanted to suggest some changes that might help this team.

392.png --> 485.png
Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Heatran in itself increases your chance against Magearna. Most of them nowadays are bolt-beam, I don't really see many with z-focus blast. Worst case scenario you can protect to scout for it, otherwise heatran is a great switch-in to Magearna and can threaten it out instantly.

Taunt z-move Heatran can also bait in Chansey, trap it with magma storm, and beat it 1v1 thanks to taunt and protect.

The same would go for
Toxapex who is always annoying in general. Magma storm into z-earth power always knocks out standard Toxapex.

801.png --> 701.png
Hawlucha @ Misty Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Drain Punch

Replacing Magearna with Hawlucha solves your general speed problem. With Misty Seed it can use Tapu Fini's terrain to get unburden instantly, which makes it one of the fastest pokemon in the meta. It's also one of the best setup sweepers, beating alot of common pokemom after a swords dance.

462.png --> 598.png
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Now that you have Heatran for steel types, magnezone isn't really needed. Ferrothorn is a nice addition because it helps against Tapu Koko, it provides spikes which are key for helping Hawlucha sweep and it adds a second solid water resist.

I hope these suggestions are helpful :]

Importable with changes: https://pokepast.es/00d1f16145a0cbc9

I have now noticed a glaring weakness to Charzard-Y, who sweeps through most of my team with focus blast, fire blast, and solar beam.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I have now noticed a glaring weakness to Charzard-Y, who sweeps through most of my team with focus blast, fire blast, and solar beam.
Yeah. Charizard Y is a threat. Only other change I can think of is changing Heatran's set to this

Heatran @ Groundium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 SpA / 60 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

60 special defense means you always live a focus blast from full: 252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 60 SpD Heatran: 272-322 (84.2 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And Stone Edge catches them off guard and almost always OHKOs: 0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Charizard-Mega-Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)