National Dex My Ash Team! Been pretty back and forth win-wise. Looking for a way to improve (without changing the team).

1660224937018.png
1660224948195.png

Pikachu (M) @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Fake Out
- Iron Tail
- Thunder Punch / Thunderbolt

Pikacu because he's standard on Ash's team. I decided to forego his Special Attack for a physical moves, but will interchange TP for TB since Light Ball still give me a decent boost, even with Adamant Nature. Fake Out for an early flinch to delay any set up for at least a turn. Body Slam for mostly neutral damage on any opponent plus and almost 1/3 chance to paralyze. TP / TB for STAB and Iron Tail to deal with any Rock-types that might threaten Dragonite.

Dracovish @ Assault Vest
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Iron Head
- Psychic Fangs
- Leech Life

Dracovish is actually pretty good on this team. His wide move list allows him to deal with a wide variety of opponents and handle threats to the rest of my team. Strong Jaw to boost FR and PF. Fishiuos Rend for STAB. Iron Head for flinch and Fairy-types. Leech Life for Psychic-type threats, and Psychic Fangs for another move for Strong Jaw to boost. Assault Vest because let's face it, Dracovish's defenses are pretty much shot.

Dragonite (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch

We come now to the original dragon. About time Ash got one. Any way, Jolly Nature to make up for his mediocre Speed stat and lack of Special moves. Dual Wingbeat and Dragon Claw for STAB, Extreme Speed to take out that last little bit of HP left without being outsped. Fire Punch to deal with Ice-types. Multiscale to help me not get OHKOd by any random Ice-type on the field.

Sirfetch'd (M) @ Leek
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Brick Break

Sirfetch'd is here for the crits. No, seriously. Poison Jab and Leaf Blade are here for some coverage, but also to pair with his Leek, boosting his crate rate throughout the roof. I've only ever had it NOT critical four times (with those specific moves and in total). Knock Off to deal with Bands, Scarfs, Specs, Leftovers, Heavy-Duty Boots, anything that takes my team miserable and makes it difficult to gain any ground. Another Jolly Nature. (I am Speed!)

Lucario (M) @ Lucarionite
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Blaze Kick

Lucario is tied for my favorite on this team. He's fast and he hits hard. I know the first thing that will probably jump right out is his lack on a boosting Nature. Since he has both physical and Special moves, I decided to let the Nature stay a neutral one, so as not to bring down his already suffering defenses and his mediocre Speed. He goes Mega for the Speed and Attack boosts. Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon for STAB, Dark Pulse to cover for Ghost- and Psychic-types, and Blaze Kick for possible burn.

Gengar (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
Gigantamax: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Dark Pulse

This guy is also tied for my favorite. There's something about that face. Not very happy I can no longer Levitate, which means that most Ground-types (or let's face it, any strong Attacker with EQ) will KO him. Hoping (and it has paid off) that CB will Disable EQ. Gigantamax in case in need that extra Terror. Sludge Bomb and Shadows Ball for strong STAB. Dark Pulse for flinch. Giga Drain for some health back and for handling Ground-types I manage to stay in the game with.

Let me know what you think. I'd really like to not change any of the Pokémon but I am open to any suggestions otherwise.

(Not required, but would love to know your opinion if you rate my team: Will Ash go all the way this time, or get stomped by Cynthia / Leon?)

Pikachu should be special and run nasty plot to further boost its special moves and surf to deal super effective damage to ground types.

Gengar is good with life orb since as you said it’s easily outclassed by an earthquake, so with life orb you would be able to get the most damage

I’m sorry but physical Lucario is just so much better, swords dance + bullet punch + Close combat can easily clean teams

run Dracovish with scarf… any time you put it on a team you’re realistically just clicking fishious rend

as for dragonite watch freezais video on why it’s commonly not run with any flying type moves you should replace dual wingbeat with dragon dance

Last edited:
Pikachu should be special and run nasty plot to further boost its special moves and surf to deal super effective damage to ground types.

Gengar is good with life orb since as you said it’s easily outclassed by an earthquake, so with life orb you would be able to get the most damage

I’m sorry but physical Lucario is just so much better, swords dance + bullet punch + Close combat can easily clean teams

run Dracovish with scarf… any time you put it on a team you’re realistically just clicking fishious rend

as for dragonite watch freezais video on why it’s commonly not run with any flying type moves you should replace dual wingbeat with dragon dance
Fantastic suggestions. Thanks! Will give this all a try.

As it was mentioned DNite should not have flying STAB apparently, I think run Brave Bird on Sirfetch'd. Gengar may as well have Energy Ball, it gets too little out of healing vs. the extra damage.
I replaced DW with D Dance on Dragonite. As far as BB on Sir, which move to replace? Knock Off?

Okay, I shouldn't say stupid. In my own personal opinion, I feel that Sirfetch'd is overrated and pointless. I would never use him but I shouldn't force my opinion onto others. I apologize.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
Yeah... like, sorry, but you don't go to RMT if you aren't interested in making a viable team.

Or as Eevee put it elsewhere,
EeveeWillEatYou said:
If you are just trying to have fun go for it, but if you want a competitive team you will need to use good Pokémon. also if you wanna play, just don’t do nat dex AG, it’s a echo chamber of terrible teams.

I am interested in making a viable team. I just wanted to know the community's thought on making this a viable team. For a long time Yveltal got trashed on. Now he's on almost every VGC team... (yes, I understand the difference). :)
As for the not ND... one cannot Mega elsewhere and use Gen 8 mons... which I've found can make some sick combos.

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
I am interested in making a viable team. I just wanted to know the community's thought on making this a viable team. For a long time Yveltal got trashed on. Now he's on almost every VGC team... (yes, I understand the difference). :)
As for the not ND... one cannot Mega elsewhere and use Gen 8 mons... which I've found can make some sick combos.
Natdex AG has such a high power level that everything except Mega Lucario probably needs swapping out (even Vish). This could, however be adapted to natdex OU by unmegaing the Lucario and swapping Vish for something like Greninja. With the mega slot free you could use Mega Heracross over Sirfetch’d if you want to stick with the theme. It’s not a good team but it’s serviceable. There’s not much else you can do without overhauling the concept and removing most of the Pokemon.

Natdex AG has such a high power level that everything except Mega Lucario probably needs swapping out (even Vish). This could, however be adapted to natdex OU by unmegaing the Lucario and swapping Vish for something like Greninja. With the mega slot free you could use Mega Heracross over Sirfetch’d if you want to stick with the theme. It’s not a good team but it’s serviceable. There’s not much else you can do without overhauling the concept and removing most of the Pokemon.
Understood. I'd be up for something like that... I'll look into it. I know this is RMT, not complete overhaul central. Where is best for that kinda advice? (Elsewhere from Smogon is alright with me if that is a possible option.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)