Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Have you double checked if your ID/SID combination make your desired PID shiny?
I originally generated the ID/SID by pasting the seed into the Shiny PID section of Pandora's Box and verified the info after I managed to get the ID I wanted on my trainer card, but as far as double checking, no !!! comes up in the shiny column in RNG reporter, if that's what you mean, but I was under the impression that that wasn't necessary for shiny abused TIDs.

Is that what you're referring to by double checking?

Is that what you're referring to by double checking?
Yup. If you view your target spread in the main window of RNG Reporter, with the correct ID/SID combination, it should be shown as shiny, with the !!! mark. If no !!! appears, then something went wrong in the process of abusing your ID/SID combination, sadly :(

I originally generated the ID/SID by pasting the seed into the Shiny PID section of Pandora's Box
You might have generated your ID/SID using the target Seed, instead of the target PID.

Can you share your ID/SID combination, target spread and seed?

Yup. If you view your target spread in the main window of RNG Reporter, with the correct ID/SID combination, it should be shown as shiny, with the !!! mark. If no !!! appears, then something went wrong in the process of abusing your ID/SID combination, sadly :(

You might have generated your ID/SID using the target Seed, instead of the target PID.

Can you share your ID/SID combination, target spread and seed?
I just looked at the screen shots I originally made when I first abused the ID a few weeks ago and it looks like that's exactly what I did wrong. I'm not sure at what point that happened, as I thought I was following both the Smogon guide and the tutorial I posted earlier to a T, but that's where the mistake is.

I guess I'll just have to reset the game and start all over again. At least I know now where the flaw was, so I can make sure not to repeat the mistake.

Thanks for replying so quickly, Luxpluff. It definitely would have taken me a LOT longer to figure out the issue without your help. Much appreciated.

Does a 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread with a TIMID nature exist for Suicune in HG/SS?

The 4th gen timefinder cannot seem to find that spread with timid.

Also, is a separate RNG used to calculate WonderCard Pokes that were given out in the past? Ex 2011 Celebi

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Does a 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread with a TIMID nature exist for Suicune in HG/SS?

The 4th gen timefinder cannot seem to find that spread with timid.

Also, is a separate RNG used to calculate WonderCard Pokes that were given out in the past? Ex 2011 Celebi
No, the best (as in Lowest At IV) Timid Spread available is 31/7/31/31/31/31. Naughty, Calm, Quirky, Serious, and Jolly are all available as 31/0/31/31/31/31 though.
Wondercard IVs is a different method however, so 31/0/31/31/31/31 is available for that.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Thanks.

Do you know if 31/0/31/31/31/31 with TIMID would exist for the Manaphy egg in D/P/PT?
As far as I know Ranger Manaphy uses method 1, meaning that 31/7/31/31/31/31 is also the best available timid spread for that. I haven't checked antishiny spreads though, there may be a better one available through that.

E:
[11:10 PM] Sarah: Theres no timid 0 atk antishiny manaphy
[11:11 PM] Sarah: I think the best is like 3 or 4 idr

Last edited:
Can anyone provide an idiots guide on how to account for the added randomness of the Kyogre/Groudon cutscene on ORAS? I RNG'd what appears to be a pure fluke 31/00/31/31/31/31 Modest Kyogre and can't seem to replicate my success to get a Bold version.

Edit: No longer required. Problem solved.

Last edited:
Hello, i'm using desmume dev 0.9.10 and i calibrated everything to get my shiny comp virizion on Black 2 emulator and i keep getting a wrong one.

Whenever i hit my seed and frame (got the right tid sid combo to to jolly statiuonaries mons) i get a wrong iv spread / non shiny Virizion. I open the save state with pokegen and i keep getting wrong natures and iv's spread! I don't know what to do, any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks! (Im under Windows Vista and i use the play movie tip btw)

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Hello, i'm using desmume dev 0.9.10 and i calibrated everything to get my shiny comp virizion on Black 2 emulator and i keep getting a wrong one.

Whenever i hit my seed and frame (got the right tid sid combo to to jolly statiuonaries mons) i get a wrong iv spread / non shiny Virizion. I open the save state with pokegen and i keep getting wrong natures and iv's spread! I don't know what to do, any help would be gladly appreciated!

Thanks! (Im under Windows Vista and i use the play movie tip btw)
How are you verifying your seed? Are you using the calibration values from here? Can you find what you're actually hitting anywhere in reporter, nearby to your intended target? What is your target? Are you doing the correct IV Frame advancements as well as PIDRNG frame? It's difficult to help with such little information.

How are you verifying your seed? Are you using the calibration values from here? Can you find what you're actually hitting anywhere in reporter, nearby to your intended target? What is your target? Are you doing the correct IV Frame advancements as well as PIDRNG frame? It's difficult to help with such little information.
With Recording movie, i use this calibration yes! My target is a shiny virizion frame 78 with seed C13C26237E4CCB35 31.31.31.1.31.31 Jolly.

I succeeded with PRNG to get it shiny but the ivs doesnt follows. What should i do? :)

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
With Recording movie, i use this calibration yes! My target is a shiny virizion frame 78 with seed C13C26237E4CCB35 31.31.31.1.31.31 Jolly.

I succeeded with PRNG to get it shiny but the ivs doesnt follows. What should i do? :)
Ok, it sounds to me like you're doing the wrong IVRNG frame advancements. Can you screenshot your seed in the time finder window and post it here? From that I'll be able to tell you what to do to hit your target :)

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
Here you go! :)
Ah, you've got it all set up wrong. I'm not quite sure how that's turning out to be Shiny lol but I know exactly why you're not getting the IVs you're after.
You'll need to set "Min/Max Frame" both to 1. Also check "Search nearby shiny frames" and you'll get a shiny seed.
In order to actually find a shiny seed, you'll also likely need to use Keypresses. With keypresses enabled, a couple of seeds that you could use are here (though they have hefty frames):

Without keypresses, you'll need to search through a great many years before you find a usable seed.

But yeah, if you set Min/Max Frame to 1 in the time finder, you should have no troubles at all hitting your correct target :)
Good luck!

Ah, you've got it all set up wrong. I'm not quite sure how that's turning out to be Shiny lol but I know exactly why you're not getting the IVs you're after.
You'll need to set "Min/Max Frame" both to 1. Also check "Search nearby shiny frames" and you'll get a shiny seed.
In order to actually find a shiny seed, you'll also likely need to use Keypresses. With keypresses enabled, a couple of seeds that you could use are here (though they have hefty frames):

Without keypresses, you'll need to search through a great many years before you find a usable seed.

But yeah, if you set Min/Max Frame to 1 in the time finder, you should have no troubles at all hitting your correct target :)
Good luck!
Thanks leggo i did it! Not shiny for now but with good nature/IV Spreads!

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
moved to this thread because it's not 5th gen
HEllo there i'm actually having trouble with RNG'in Celesteela...

I'm at the right spot in Malien Garden but ntr says they're two npcs!!! Why?
tl;dr is that you're not in the exact right spot. It should still theoretically be RNGable though, if you just update the NPC count in the tool.

I'm very new to RNG. Where is the best place to get information on either GEN5 or GEN6 rng? I have searched reddit forums about pokeCalcNTR and gotten completely lost. I'm hoping there is some other way to get perfect IV pokemon in GEN6 besides this. I have a mac only so that limits me, but i was able to get a perfect legend using the ppRNG app for iOS for gen 5, but i can't get it to work for eggs. I've read guides and guides but mostly it just sounds like a foreign language to me. I have watched youtube videos, but i don't have the software needed and can't even figure out how to get it. I was hoping there were some simple step by step guides for either gen that i could use.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I'm very new to RNG. Where is the best place to get information on either GEN5 or GEN6 rng? I have searched reddit forums about pokeCalcNTR and gotten completely lost. I'm hoping there is some other way to get perfect IV pokemon in GEN6 besides this. I have a mac only so that limits me, but i was able to get a perfect legend using the ppRNG app for iOS for gen 5, but i can't get it to work for eggs. I've read guides and guides but mostly it just sounds like a foreign language to me. I have watched youtube videos, but i don't have the software needed and can't even figure out how to get it. I was hoping there were some simple step by step guides for either gen that i could use.
All of our guides can be found here, and you can find chiizu's mac resources here for download. If you have specific questions related to Gen 5 rng, you can ask them here. If you require versions for the newer iOS (sierra+), there is a link on the last page of that thread I linked you for chiizu''s resources (note though that I've been told people have had issues with it running, to the point where you'd be better off finding a way to run the older versions. I don't have a mac so I can't say to what extent). We don't have Gen 6 guides given we like to keep discussion of the tools required off the forums nor want to promote their usage.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Is it possible to rng hg for a shiny starter?
Possible yes, but not advised on retail:

guide said:
The Johto and Sinnoh starters also operate similarly, but it is NOT recommended to get perfect starters this way as you have no reliable method of confirming your seed or advancing your frames and will have to rely on luck from randomly moving NPCs.
This specifically mentions perfect starters, but really shiny would apply too.

When RNGing with a Phat DS, does it matter where it's from? (As in European vs. American vs. Japanese DS) In my case, I'll be using an American Phat DS with European (Spanish) retail cartridges. Also, how plausible is it to RNG in flashcarts?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
When RNGing with a Phat DS, does it matter where it's from? (As in European vs. American vs. Japanese DS) In my case, I'll be using an American Phat DS with European (Spanish) retail cartridges. Also, how plausible is it to RNG in flashcarts?
Region shouldn't matter, as long as the rom region matches the region of the system you're playing it on.
For the most consistent results I would recommend retail carts, but theoretically it should be doable on a flashcart as long as you have a decent rip of the rom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)