Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
So I just tried searching for a Jolly 31/31/31/xx/31/31 and got no results in the first 500000000 and rng reporter breaks when I up the max results to 1000000000.
Do I need a better toaster? xD
Couldn't hurt I guess :P But it crashes if you try to generate a really high frame (or a ton of them at one time). So it might not crash if you set the starting frame to 500000001 and decrease the max results (i.e. break up the range). You could also try a different tool such as PokeRNG (described here) but it really only works for Method 1 in Emerald. Some of the links might be dead in that post too lol, I don't remember. You still need the RNG Reporter, but an external frame finder would speed things up.

Either way, the earliest one occurs on frame 658467364 (Jolly, 31/31/31/0/31/31), so that's really not feasible if you aren't using an emulator.

Couldn't hurt I guess :P But it crashes if you try to generate a really high frame (or a ton of them at one time). So it might not crash if you set the starting frame to 500000001 and decrease the max results (i.e. break up the range). You could also try a different tool such as PokeRNG (described here) but it really only works for Method 1 in Emerald. Some of the links might be dead in that post too lol, I don't remember. You still need the RNG Reporter, but an external frame finder would speed things up.

Either way, the earliest one occurs on frame 658467364 (Jolly, 31/31/31/0/31/31), so that's really not feasible if you aren't using an emulator.
Breaking it up worked thanks! And I am doing emerald + Method 1 on emulator xD, so i'll try out that tool.

Edit: I need to wait 3 weeks just for the first Jolly flawless spread??!!?!

Last edited:
Breaking it up worked thanks! And I am doing emerald + Method 1 on emulator xD, so i'll try out that tool.

Edit: I need to wait 3 weeks just for the first Jolly flawless spread??!!?!
If you go to options-> speed -> turbo, and change preferences to run in the background and just leave it running, it's not that bad. Took 2 or 3 days for me to get to 176Million.

Or you can RNG your TID/SID again, and if you don't save/reload, your TID becomes your starting seed. Way easier to hit high frames that way.

What method do I use for RNGing the Snorlax blocking Route 11 in HeartGold and SoulSilver? I'm trying to watch bearfan's video and I don't know what the Snorlax would be considered as.

A few, the majority of them are because of Defog though. The pentagon rule really kills a lot of previous generation Pokemon demand :\
Huh, that's the first I've seen of that rule lol, haven't really been following the scene closely. That's interesting. Unfortunate, kinda got the itch to RNG again, but if it's pointless and not feasible to use them in newer gens, kinda ruins doing it.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Huh, that's the first I've seen of that rule lol, haven't really been following the scene closely. That's interesting. Unfortunate, kinda got the itch to RNG again, but if it's pointless and not feasible to use them in newer gens, kinda ruins doing it.
You should go for it, but if you want to trade, just make sure you are RNGing things that are unavailable in pentagon form (for example, Defog Zapdos). Casuals + Battle Maison runs (which don't have the pentagon rule) are still a thing after all :)

If you use the PokeGear for the PokeFlute in HGSS, does the PokeFlute advance the frame by 1 or is it random? Because I missed my frame by three trying to catch the Snorlax and I'm wondering if it's because of the use of the PokeFlute or if was because I had a random station (Pokemon Music) on that messed the frame up.

So I've recently downloaded the latest version of RNG Reporter (9.96.6) and I wanted to restart my HG game to use cute charm in it. The problem is that whenever I go to Pandora's Box for 4th Generation it no longer works and brings me up to Black and White and Black and White 2 and tells me to create a profile. I have a specific TID that I want to use for HG but I can't seem to get the SID that gives me the correct PID for the seed (for Timid nature). :/ I've tried searching for a previous build that supports Pandora's Box for 4th Generation but all of the links have either been expired or no longer work. Can anyone upload/post a previous version of RNG Reporter that supports 4th generation Pandora's Box for me? Thanks!

So I'm RNGing for an ID/SID in HeartGold that I want to eventually use for a shiny 31/31/31/x/31/31 Ho-oh. In the on-site guide, it says that when searching for a PID to make shiny in Time Finder, to always set the method to Method 1. But Ho-oh is Method K, as are many other pokemon. Why set it to Method 1? Shouldn't I be searching for spreads under Method K? Am I going to get a spread I can use for Method K pokemon by doing it this way?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I'm RNGing for an ID/SID in HeartGold that I want to eventually use for a shiny 31/31/31/x/31/31 Ho-oh. In the on-site guide, it says that when searching for a PID to make shiny in Time Finder, to always set the method to Method 1. But Ho-oh is Method K, as are many other pokemon. Why set it to Method 1? Shouldn't I be searching for spreads under Method K? Am I going to get a spread I can use for Method K pokemon by doing it this way?
Correct, but here you are RNG abusing the save file, the TID/SID combo, and that's what you need the Method 1 for. Once the TID/SID combo is RNG abused for a chosen PID, you can use Method K to RNG abuse the Pokémon.

Ok, thank you! So what this process does is set certain combos of IVs/nature as inherently shiny, regardless of eventual method of encounter, and then the different methods are a later thing for figuring out how to make that preset spread show up? Am I understanding correctly?

Ok, thank you! So what this process does is set certain combos of IVs/nature as inherently shiny, regardless of eventual method of encounter, and then the different methods are a later thing for figuring out how to make that preset spread show up? Am I understanding correctly?
More or less - you'll be able to get your shiny spread using Methods 1/K Sationary, but if you're going for a wild Pokémon (Method K Wild/Surfing/Fishing), you may be unable to obtain your target Pokémon with the desired spread because of encounter slots.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
is/has anyone been able to get rngreporter to work on a mac? particularly using crossover? OR been able to successfully use pprng to find and rng a tid/sid combo in HGSS?

Hi, I have a question. I'm trying to get a shiny starter Torchic from Ruby (because of simpler TID/SID generation) on emulator.
The frames generated from RNG Reporter are relative to in-game frame counter, the lua script I found uses vba frame couter.
Does anyone know Ruby/Sapphire RAM address for in-game frame counter? Here it isn't reported.

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
~ moved to this thread because I figured that it was more appropriate here rather than the 5th gen thread ~
Hi there! Im HG SS right now and i play record movie to hit my seed but after i press A it changes the intitial seed is it normal? I don't know why but i d'ont know how to RNG anymore lol
I also have this issue with Gen 4 and Gen 5 Entralink (so basically anything that has a delay involved) on emu, and it is a rather annoying one to overcome (if anyone has a better solution then please feel free to share it).
There are a few things that you'll need:
  1. A lua script that gives you your initial seed
  2. This spreadsheet
  3. Patience
Once you've got all that together, pick a seed. I generally find that ones beginning with 4, 5, 6 or 7 give the most reliable results, but you're welcome to try whatever. For the purpose of this, I will use the seed shown in the image below (hide tags because big)

So I boot up my game using the movie function and hit my delay as usual. All seems normal until I get to the screen where I press "Continue", and my Initial Seed changes!

This is where the spreadsheet that I linked you to earlier comes in handy. Take the first 4 digits of the Seed in the Time finder and put them in cell B1, then take the first 4 digits of the seed that you actually hit (yes, you actually have to press 'Continue', don't just use what it says in the "Next Frame" part of the lua script),and put them into cell B2.
The speadsheet should return something like this:

Replace the first 4 digits of whatever was in your Seed to Time finder with the 4 digits that the Spreadsheet gives you in cell B3 (if it gives you more than 4 digits then that seed is unusable), and use that as your new initial seed.

With a little bit of luck, boot up your game using your new initial seed, hit your delay, and you'll hit your original intended seed once you press 'Continue'!!

The rest of the RNG can then be completed regularly.
This won't work for every seed so it may take some trial and error, but if you persist and try many different seeds you will get there eventually. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)