Project Monotype Theorymon [Index]

Extending the submission phase another 2 weeks to get more entries. The new submission deadline is March 2nd

The reason no one submits anymore because the restrictions are unnecessary and limiting to the point of no fun. I used to participate in this a lot but because of the restrictions it's 0 fun and I'd rather not be penalized for making a boost in stat of 11 points rather than 10. If broken submissions are to be prevented, the host can do so at their discretion.

approved by Eien, taken over from iLlama
Rules / Tips:
• Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as giving the Pokemon Huge Power or an insanely powerful move and +100 Special Attack. Be reasonable.
• When making changes to a Pokemon, don't focus only on improving what the Pokemon already does. You could make it work differently by changing its moves, ability, typing, and let it do more than it normally does.
• Submit your idea in full — include the item, EVs, nature, and moves — using the PS! importable format for readability.
• Give a description on how the changes you made help the Pokemon and the typing. This project is meant to encourage discussion and sketchy posts don't help with that.
• Don't insult other people for their ideas even if you think it's bad. Let the voting period decide that.
• Editing your idea is allowed as long as it's not during the voting period.
• Do not post the same set as other Pokemon. There's no precedent to this, but it's obvious when someone has blatantly copies another user and changes just the EVs.
• For each Pokemon you are given a cap of 30 stat points to distribute at your disgression. However, if you choose to use over 15 of them on a single stat, you cannot make any other changes.
• Do NOT copy any sets from the previous thread. You will be punished.
• You can only post one submission per Pokemon; you can post a total of three submissions, though (one for each Pokemon on the slate).
Bold or make apparent the changes you make to the Pokemon on the set(example).
• You can only make a maximum of 4 changes to a Pokemon excluding stat changes. Each new move counts as one change, as does a new ability and a new typing.
• Have fun!

Cycle 16 Slates:

/
/

Posting Deadline: August 22, 2018
Voting Deadline: August 25, 2018

Reminder that you can only submit one Theorymon for each Pokemon. Also remember to check the rules thoroughly - I will not allow any submissions that break them to go through the voting round. Good luck!

Last edited:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Type: Steel
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm / Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 31 Atk with Stone Edge
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Stone Edge

New Stats: 95 HP (+15), 75 Atk, 155 Def (+5), 75 SpA, 160 SpD (+10), 50 Spe

King's Shield lets Registeel be an interesting choice for a defensive pivot on Steel, and easily fits onto its old sets in place of Protect, letting it annoy physical attackers and stalling Toxic turns. Spikes is another option for hazard stacking. Prism Armor lets it take less from super-effective attacks making it's typing less of a liability. Stat additions buff all-around bulk. Stone Edge is to OHKO Volcarona since with the new ability it can tank a unboosted Inferno Overdrive.

252 SpA Volcarona Inferno Overdrive (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Prism Armor Registeel: 240-283 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(Yes this calc was done with the buffed stats)

Espeon @ Psychium Z / Groundium Z
Type: Psychic
Ability: Neuroforce / Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Heat Wave / Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam / Earth Power / Morning Sun

New Stats: 80 HP (+15), 65 Atk, 74 Def (+14), 130 SpA, 95 SpD, 111 Spe (+1)

Nasty Plot combined with an improved movepool in Heat Wave and Earth Power makes Espeon a customizable wallbreaker for Psychic teams, being able to target matchups like Steel or Dark depending on coverage and Z-Move of choice. Nueroforce is a cute new toy to mess around with, but Magic Bounce still is a strong option for dodging status and reflecting hazards. The stats go to HP and Defense to make it's physical bulk less unusable, with 1 point of speed to creep base 110's cause why not.

Golurk @ Ghostium Z / Fightinium Z / Assault Vest
Type: Ghost / Fighting
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw / Stealth Rock

New Stats: 100 HP (+11), 124 Atk, 87 Def (+7), 55 SpA, 87 SpD (+7), 60 Spe (+5)

What I have created here is an abomination. Contrary Superpower+Hammer Arm turns Golurk into a very threatening sweeper after boosting it's stats while dealing heavy damage thanks to a fantastic new offensive typing of Ghost+Fighting. Shadow Sneak and Shadow Claw serve as actually decent Ghost STABs. Stats changes improve bulk so it can tank hits while setting up, and a small speed buff to reach 360 at +1. On Ghost teams Golurk is an incredible asset against Dark and Normal teams due to it's typing and Knock Off neutrality (works even better with Z-Move). Fighting likes Golurk's ability to incredibly pressure Psychic teams with Shadow Sneak. Both types will appreciate it's ability to sweep and wallbreak late-game by spamming it's STAB moves.

I had alot of fun making these, thank you for bringing this project back. :heart:

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Registeel @ Sitrus Berry / Wiki Berry
Type: Steel / Psychic
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recycle
- Toxic / Seismic Toss / Circle Throw
- Substitute
- Protect

New Stats: 100 HP (+20), 75 Atk, 150 Def, 75 SpA, 150 SpD, 50 Spe

Vinisteel :blobnom:

Basically another Pressure/PP stall Pokemon. The Psychic typing was mostly for flavor, and I think it fits in nicely. This set could be used on a hazard focused Steel team - by stacking Spikes and Stealth Rock then PP stalling along with Toxic stall, or by forcing switches with Circle Throw (no other phazing move really fits on Registeel). I gave it Recycle instead of true recovery as those defensive stats would be wild if it had a true Recover-esque move. This way it also is deterred by Knock Off users, which would completely stop its ability to heal. The extra HP might be over-kill, but I wanted it to have 101 HP Substitute.

I don't think this would necessarily be super broken, as a pressure stall Pokemon has a hard time working without Toxic Spikes support, which neither of these types have (besides Forretress, aka lol). Aka one of the reasons why Deoxys-D has no use.

Espeon @ Choice Scarf
Type: Psychic / Fairy
Ability: Magic Guard / Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Stats: 75 HP (+10), 65 Atk, 70 Def (+10), 130 SpA, 95 SpD, 110 Spe

The idea of this is to give an effective Choice Scarf / Specs option for Psychic and Fairy teams. Its stats are already good enough in my opinion, to prevent it from being too powerful. But, I gave it slightly more HP and Def to prevent it from dying to any physical hit. It's a shame that Tapu Lele is our only Psychic/Fairy and that it's too broken to be allowed, so this is an effort to give another option that isn't too strong. Basically just gave it Fairy STAB (aside from Dazzling Gleam) and Focus Blast for coverage. Magic Guard was for flavor, but I think it'd be interesting to have another offensive Magic Guard user to avoid hazard damage, although Magic Bounce is still useful if you're willing to switch into hazard uses even given the mediocre bulk.

Golurk @ Ghostium Z
Type: Ghost / Steel
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Shadow Force

New Stats: 104 HP (+15), 124 Atk, 80 Def, 55 SpA, 80 SpD, 40 Spe (-15)

There are a lot of flavor abilities I would've wanted to give Golurk such as Cursed Body or Full Metal Armor, but they're not worth adding. I gave it Analytic to pair with its favorable defensive typing, low speed, and high attack. Making it a force to be reckoned with for fast opponents, while still doing little to bulky Pokemon. Shadow Force is just an improved Phantom Force that does well with a Z-move. Swords dance so that it can boost on forced switches. I think this would fill a hole in the lack of effective physical attackers on Ghost.

Last edited:

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Toxic/Seismic Toss
- Protect/Seismic Toss

Stats: 80/75/150/75/150/50 (no changes)
Typing: Steel (no change)

Ironic that something which formed in the depths of the planet is weak to the conditions there. Heatproof halves damage from burn and fire type attacks, which nullifies one of Registeel's weaknesses and gives steel teams another check to Fire-type attackers alongside Heatran. Stone Edge would be Registeel's strongest Rock-type attack. With 52 Attack EVs Registeel can OHKO Mega Charizard Y more reliably than offensive Heatran can, which has a risk of fainting or being heavily damaged by Focus Blast. This checks Volcarona too and can free up the Stone Edge moveslot on Heatran.

252 SpA Charizard-Mega-Y Fire Blast vs. 204 HP / 252+ SpD Heatproof Registeel in Sun: 168-200 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 35.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Knock Off gives Registeel added utility and moderately decreases its passivity. It also is a more reliable way of damaging Blacephalon and Victini. The last two moveslots can vary depending on what you would want it to do.

Golurk @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Atk / 12 Def
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Trick Room
- Explosion

Stats: 100/130/80/55/80/50 (HP +11, Atk +6, Spe -5)
Typing: Ghost/Ground (no change)

Golurk is in a weird spot on ghost teams as it is one of the three ghosts with access to Stealth Rock. As an offensive setter it's outclassed by Alolan Marowak, which can force switches to set up rocks. Defensively Palossand, while untested, has better defensive stats and what is possibly the best recovery move in the game. Instead of making changes to have it compete with those two I decided to make it better at what it currently does: act as a focus sash lead to set up rocks for ghost teams. I also gave it Trick Room. This allow for Golurk to have an OTR set with one of its offensive abilities (like Iron Fist), but my changes were oriented towards making it a suicide lead for TR Ghost. While TR Ghost is a niche (and arguably a gimmick) it can pull off the archetype better than any other type with setters like Jellicent and Mimikyu and a fantastic abuser in Marowak. A dedicated lead for this type of team could strengthen Ghost's otherwise pitiful offensive presence in the metagame.
Sturdy replaces another ability (ideally Klutz) as it can be guaranteed to click Trick Room or set up its hazards. While a sash does this, Sturdy allows for it to carry a Mental Herb to help with Taunt and Encore from opposing leads such as Krookodile, Shuckle, and Deoxys-S. Explosion prevents Defog and keeps momentum, plus based on its design it makes zero sense for it to not know the move already.
also you can do cameruptroom ground xd
The EV spread is for Fake Out Lopunny.

Last edited:
Alright the submission phase is over, make sure to vote for your favorite Theorymons(you cannot vote for yourself). Make sure to vote for 1 user for each Pokemon

Registeel:
Guwahavel's Registeel
Moosical's Registeel
Ieki's Registeel

Espeon:
Guwahavel's Espeon
Moosical's Espeon

Golurk:
Guwahavel's Golurk
Moosical's Golurk
Ieki's Golurk

Voting ends Saturday, my votes go to Moosical's Registeel, Guwahavel's Espeon, and Guwahavel's Golurk

Last edited:
Registeel guwahavel . Really nice change giving registeel able to do its job and be even bulkier than normal. Very balanced still because really strong eqs and good predictions still can beat it. I can see this being a great mon on mono. Golurk leki very simple yet effective. Even when still walled by the same pokemon it can give mono ghost a great start. Contrary was also a cool idea. I think it lacks the ability to still beat certain mons foun d on some popular teams. The sd one was also cool. But alolawak is somewhat simulair although I could seeing it being better.. And espeon i liked both equally one a great revenge pokemon and the other a great cleaner. I'll leave it a tie. Sorry but for some reason I could not bold

approved by Eien, taken over from iLlama
Rules / Tips:
• Make sure your ideas don't include extreme buffs such as giving the Pokemon Huge Power or an insanely powerful move and +100 Special Attack. Be reasonable.
• When making changes to a Pokemon, don't focus only on improving what the Pokemon already does. You could make it work differently by changing its moves, ability, typing, and let it do more than it normally does.
• Submit your idea in full — include the item, EVs, nature, and moves — using the PS! importable format for readability.
• Give a description on how the changes you made help the Pokemon and the typing. This project is meant to encourage discussion and sketchy posts don't help with that.
• Don't insult other people for their ideas even if you think it's bad. Let the voting period decide that.
• Editing your idea is allowed as long as it's not during the voting period.
• Do not post the same set as other Pokemon. There's no precedent to this, but it's obvious when someone has blatantly copies another user and changes just the EVs.
• For each Pokemon you are given a cap of 30 stat points to distribute at your disgression. However, if you choose to use over 15 of them on a single stat, you cannot make any other changes.
• Do NOT copy any sets from the previous thread. You will be punished.
• You can only post one submission per Pokemon; you can post a total of three submissions, though (one for each Pokemon on the slate).
Bold or make apparent the changes you make to the Pokemon on the set(example).
• You can only make a maximum of 3 changes to a Pokemon excluding stat changes. Each new move counts as one change, as does a new ability and a new typing.
• Have fun!

Cycle 17 Slates:

/
/

Posting Deadline: September 22, 2018
Voting Deadline: September 25, 2018

Reminder that you can only submit one Theorymon for each Pokemon. Also remember to check the rules thoroughly - I will not allow any submissions that break them to go through the voting round. Good luck!

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
Summary of changes to Darmanitan: Adding +10 to Speed, a Fairy-typing, and Play Rough.

/

Added Typing: Fairy
Added Move: Play Rough
Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- U-turn

Darmanitans Original Stats: 105/140/55/30/55/95
Darmanitan's Modified Stats: 105 HP / 140 Atk / 55 Def / 30 SpA / 55 SpD / 105 Spe (+10)

What this would do for Darmanitan? This would make Darmanitan's speed stats 105, which would make it faster than Choice Scarf Victini and faster than Volcarona after 1 Quiver Dance. Giving Darmanitan the additional Fairy-type and access to Play Rough would make it a good edition to Fire teams as they would now have a Dragon immunity as well as being able to outspeed all of them aside Scarf Latios and pick up a KO after minimal chip damage on all Dragon-types bar Dragalge.
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 404-476 (103.3 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 344-408 (94.5 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

This would also give access to a strong Fire-type to Fairy teams allowing them to easily blow past Steel being able to just click from a combination of Superpower and Flare Blitz. As well as making a nice VoltTurn core with Tapu Koko being able to easily bring in threats such as Tapu Bulu. Adding these to Darmanitan would make it a fantastic edition to both types in the tier as well as being a fearsome Choice Scarf user.

Last edited:

Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Type: Ground / Dark
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Ice Fang / Fire Fang

New Stats: 100 HP (+5), 120 Atk (+3), 85 Def (+5), 65 SpA, 79 SpD (+9), 100 Speed (+8)

Since Krookodile already gets alot of Dragon-type moves I figured I might as well add one to the list that actually is useful. Dragon Dance lets Krookodile serve as a setup-sweeper for both Ground and Dark teams with a very hard to switch-into STAB Combo and the ability to snowball with Moxie. Poison Jab fills an otherwise gaping hole in it's coverage by dealing with Tapu Bulu, while Ice Fang lets it break Flying-types easier. Krookodile's stats were kinda underwhelming before so I just spread them around fairly evenly to function as a sweeper a bit easier.

Last edited:
Darmanitan: Fire / Ice

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Type: Fire / Ice
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Original Base stats: 105 HP, 140 Atk, 55 Def, 30 SpA, 55 SpD, 95 Speed
New Base stats: 105 HP, 150 Atk (+10), 65 Def (+12), 30 SpA, 55 SpD, 87 Speed (-8)
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Darmanitan: 295-348 (84 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Before Defense change
+2 0 Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Darmanitan: 262-309 (74.6 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO After Defense change

The most common variant of Scizor-Mega on steel - in my experience - fails to OHKO Darmanitan at +2 with Fire + Ice typing. This means that the steel player is at risk of losing the mon that can steamrolls the entire matchup since Darmanitan will always OHKO it. It's also a major threat to the most annoying mon Ice can face: Ferrothorn.

To prevent Darmanitan from losing hp and staying healthy the ability Magic Guard was given. Magic Guard prevents it from taking: 1. Recoil from Flare Blitz and Life Orb, 2. Damage from status, 3. Damage from Rocky Helmet/Iron Barbs and most importantly 4. Damage from Stealth Rocks. Those 4 means it becomes an excellent threat to the Steel Matchup and it gives Ice a needed Stealth Rocks resist.

Icicle Crash is given because it's the best Stab Move that could be given that doesn't lower your speed (Ice Hammer). Earthquake + Life Orb allows it to break Toxapex and also hit Heatran without balloon while Icicle Crash takes care of Mantine. U-turn is to break Heatran Balloon and just for chip/momentum.

Since Ice mons are generally heavier due to the weight of Ice and to make sure the set wouldn't become too oppressive, I opted to lower its base speed so it gets outsped by sash Drill (and scarf if both are scarfed). Similarly I rose Darmanitan's abysmal defense since Ice Typing usually comes hand in hand with higher defense.

Last edited:
Durant is largely irrelevant because there is little reason to use it instead of Scizor. Meanwhile, bug teams struggle to break past Flying's defensive core and lack good offensive checks to fire types.

Typing: Bug/Rock
New Moves: Ice Fang, Fire Fang

Sample Set:
Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Ice Fang/Superpower

This AOA set is dishes out massive damage to any fire or flying type that does not take neutral damage from a rock type attack. Even a max defensive Zapdos can be OHKO'd by an unboosted rock slide. Hone Claws eliminates the accuracy debuff from Hustle and gives Durant a sky-high attack of 713. For reference, choice band Diggersby has an attack of 696. Rock STAB is mandatory. Stone Edge delivers far more power but is woefully inaccurate without a boost. Durant already has access to Thunder Fang, but access to the other elemental fangs will help round out its coverage to threaten flying and steel types such as Ferrothorn, Celesteela, and Gliscor.
Durant's speed tier also assists with a goal of helping bug teams squash fire and flying types. With a base 109 speed it outpaces every unboosted fire type commonly seen in the meta, as well as most flying types. A choice scarf set can help it opposing scarfers such as Victini and Blacephalon; in this case Hone Claws can be replaced with a coverage move like Fire Fang or Thunder Fang.
A rock typing also gives it slight defensive utility. Despite its abysmally low special defense, it can survive weak Fire-type attacks such as Torkoal's lava plume.

For Darmanitan, I think it should be given a Dark type and access to Crunch. It should keep the same ability, but gain only +6 speed and +10 attack. Darmanitan with 101 speed would outspeed the infamous 100 speed tier and the attack would make its insane attack stat even higher. Being a Fire type on Dark teams could be a good check for those pesky bugs, and to make Fairy moves Neutral. Also, Darmanitan having Crunch would just give it a great STAB move, whereas Knock Off would be a lot more realistic. I am going to round this out with some calcs. 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 307-363 (96.2 - 113.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 456-536 (116 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Slowking: 342-404 (87 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (These were all calc'd after Base Attack Change) Overall this just shows the crazy newfound power Darmanitan would have if it became Dark type, giving a great bug check for Dark, a great Psychic counter for Fire (Other than Megadoom) and a decent Fairy check for Dark.

Last edited:
For Darmanitan, I think it should be given a Dark type and access to Crunch. It should keep the same ability, but gain only +6 speed and +10 attack. Darmanitan with 101 speed would outspeed the infamous 100 speed tier and the attack would make its insane attack stat even higher. Being a Fire type on Dark teams could be a good check for those pesky bugs, and to make Fairy moves Neutral. Also, Darmanitan having Crunch would just give it a great STAB move, whereas Knock Off would be a lot more realistic. I am going to round this out with some calcs. 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus: 307-363 (96.2 - 113.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Slowking: 456-536 (116 - 136.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Crunch vs. 248 HP / 168+ Def Slowking: 342-404 (87 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Crunch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mew: 378-446 (93.5 - 110.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery (These were all calc'd after Base Attack Change) Overall this just shows the crazy newfound power Darmanitan would have if it became Dark type, giving a great bug check for Dark, a great Psychic counter for Fire (Other than Megadoom) and a decent Fairy check for Dark.

I'm extending the submission phase to Friday the 28th, since we don't have enough submissions for Krookodile to begin voting

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Changes to Krookodile:
  1. +10 to Speed
  2. Dark type -> Fighting type
  3. Added Mach Punch

/
Krookodile (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Mach Punch
- Rock Slide

The idea here is nothing too crazy. Basically, there are no Pokemon so far with the typing of Ground/Fighting so this could be a great asset against Ice and Normal. Earthquake, Superpower, and Mach Punch are there for its general STAB moves and Rock Slide helps hit the Flying-types that would otherwise resist or be immune to the other attacks. I went with Rock Slide over Stone Edge because missing is no bueno. +10 Speed was to ensure you can outspeed the general base 100s and those that speed creep base 100 I guess? I also went with shiny because it looks more like a brawler to me than regular.

Changes to Durant:
  1. Bug type -> Grass type
  2. Added the ability Infiltrator
  3. Added Leaf Blade

/
Durant (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Iron Head
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

For this one, I wanted to change the typing again because Steel/Bug is rather boring and having a more offensive way to threaten Water would be interesting to see. I chose a Choice Scarf set because it can be a great revenge killer against stuff like Adamant Mega Swampert in the rain or a fast Rock Slider for Grass against something like Charizard Y or Volcarona. For the ability, I was looking at many different options but felt they were too mainstream, like Defiant, so I stuck with Infiltrator. Why? Who's house have they not come in without an invitation. Let's be honest here. The last change is Leaf Blade because it is useful STAB without going for something crazy like Power Whip.

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Don't know if this is allowed, but I'm surprised this hasn't been thought of yet.

Darmanitan-Zen @ Leftovers
Ability: Zen Mode (no HP restriction)
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Recover
- Refresh

It's an absolute hidden gem all around. Base 105 defenses all across the board is extremely beneficial to Psychic types, and would make it a premier switchin to many defensive and offensive threats alike if that HP restriction never existed. It's base 140 SpA stat is incredibly worth using for a mon with psuedo-uber bulk. Add on Recover and Refresh, and this thing becomes a common pivot into status users in Toxapex and Celesteela.

For Fire teams, the Psychic-typing and super bulk is incredibly beneficial to switch into many Special Attacks, as this spread allows Darmanitan-Z to not be 2OHKOed by Mega Diancie's Earth Power (and 2ohko it back with Psychic), gets 3OHKOed by Z-Mew Psychic at +2 in Psychic Terrain, survives Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump and kills w/ uninvested Psychic in return, and many other more uses that can't be described on paper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)