Project Monotype Teambuilding Competition V3.2 [index]

Welp, the voting phase has ended, congratulations to Alpha-Harpreet for winning Cycle 18!

Alpha-Harpreet: 3
GoldenTorkoal: 0

The next cycle will be up soon, tagging Acast to merge this with the Index thread

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
~~Hyper Offensive Psychic~~
Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Trick

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp

Wobbuffet (F) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 84 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD / 140 Spe
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Overview
This is a Hyper offensive build consisting of celebi and Wobbuffet, the Deoxys-S on the sports a sash lead set setting up dual screens and stealth rock which supports the team in tanking hits,setting up freely and making revenge killing harder for the opponent. Celebi on the team has a nasty plot set that aims to break steel on its own thanks to a combination of earth power and Hp fire. It has groundium z to heavily dent or take out pokemon such as Muk-alola. Wobbuffet on the team due to its ability shadow tag takes out troublesome pokemon for teammates to have easier time, such as heatran,scarf users that threaten the team such as greninja,crippling pokemon with encore and creating opportunities for free set up. 140 speed evs on wobbuffet allows it to outspeed base 50 pokemon and crippling them with encore should they use a status move on switch in. Colbur berry is used to take out threatening dark types such as mega Sharpedo for the team.Victini is wall breaker of the team utilizing a choice banded set that serves as a powerful wall breaker in the team, U-turn allows it to bring teammates safely such as wobbuffet vs an offensive switch in. Bolt strike on the other hand allows it to take out bulky water types like mantine. Latios is the speed control of the team with a choice scarf set while also providing defog support to the team so that the team is not plagued by hazards.Lastly Mega Gardevoir was added to make the dark match up easier since the team has good amount of members that can take out Muk-alola which can take out mega gardevoir, Mega gardevoir is also a very good special wall breaker complimenting banded victini on the team, having very few switch ins.

Last edited:
Balanced Psychic

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Psycho Cut
- Ice Punch

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Blue Flare

Wobbuffet @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 204 HP / 32 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Destiny Bond

Here is a more balanced approach to Celebi + Wobbuffet with Jirachi and Celebi being the main defensive core while Wobbuffet is a catch-all check. Celebi is the Physical Defensive Tank because it has the uncanny ability to switch into pretty much any ground attack that Jirachi/Victini fear, including the likes of Excadrill, which could break the standard Latios with Mold Breaker. It also serves as a standard utility Pokemon with Twave, Stealth Rock, and Recover, and with Natural Cure, it can also switch into any status that may threaten the rest of the team. Jirachi was the natural pick for a special defense tank, pairing very nicely with Celebi, resisting Ice and Flying attacks that Celebi doesn't like while being neutral to Bug ones and flat out immune to poison ones. However, this set is a personal favorite of mine because of how annoying it can truly be. Rather than Para-Flinch, with Toxic, the opponent is losing health each turn. And with a Flinch, they are rendered immobile for that turn, letting the Toxic chip do its work with Wish as Jirachi's form of recovery. Then Protect brings this entire set together, combo-ing nicely with Toxic, and Wish, allowing Jirachi to Toxic stall, Get the Wish heal, or even just recover with leftovers. Rounding out the Defensive core is Wobbuffet who just catches pretty much everything that isn't a Special Dark pokemon or a Physical Ghost. The Colbur Berry also allows Wobbuffet to always check Mega Sharpedo as well, one of the biggest threats to Psychic. Now the offensive core is more specifically designed with each Pokemon selected for its abilities in the 3 weakness matchups Psychic faces. Mega Gallade with Justified is very good vs Dark with Close Combat wiping pretty much everything out at +2 with the exceptions of Mandibuzz which tanks CC and Ice Punch at +2 and ohko's with Foul Play, Mega Sableye which is immune to CC but has to be weary of a +2 Ice Punch, and Mega Sharpedo which outspeeds and does a lot of damage with Crunch. Gallade also has the added benefit of easing the Poison and Steel match ups as CC handles Muk very nicely and CC hits most things on Steel SE. Victini is the pokemon of choice for easing the Bug match up, while also aiding in the Dark MU with Scarf Uturn, and the Steel Match up with Scarf Fire moves when Heatran is gone. And then Meloetta is a monster in the ghost match up. However, since I am running Mega Gallade as well, I opted for Dazzling Gleam over Focus Blast to hit Mandibuzz and Mega Sableye with SE hits.

Note: I was going to edit my team to fit a Defogger in there, but Latios is unnecessary with Celebi taking the ground hits and Meloetta being the special attacker of the team with Scarf Victini as the speed control, and Jirachi complements Celebi better as a Special Defense tank than Mew does, so I opted out of a Defogger as the only thing majorly chipped by Stealth Rocks is Victini. However, Webs will be a hindrance, especially if a scarf Heracross is running around, but Jirachi lives a +1 Megahorn from Heracross and can work on Toxic Stalling it. Other than Heracross though, webs can be worked around as well. And simply don't let 3 layers of Spikes go up.

The voting phase has ended, congratulations to Alpha-Harpreet for winning Cycle 19!

Alpha-Harpreet: 6
The Consort: 2

Cycle 20 will be up soon, tagging Acast to merge this with the Index thread

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Superpower

So this is the team i used for the Core Laddering Challenge and worked out pretty good for me. Dragon Dance Mega Altaria has become a staple for Dragon teams with Frustration as its STAB move and Earthquake to deal with grounded Steel-types such as Heatran. The other part of the core is Kyurem-B, which is a nice mixed wallbreaker for Dragon teams. Since i wasn't going to add Dragonium Salamence this time i decided to go with Z-Freeze Shock Kyurem-B, a one turn nuke to eliminate almost everything that doesn't resist Ice moves (this move is really useful to deal with Ferrothorn or Seismitoad). Fusion Bolt helps a lot in the Water matchup and Outrage is the most powerful Dragon STAB move it can learn. After that i opted for Garchomp, a key piece for Dragon teams as the most viable stealth rocker to ease its' partners job. Garchomp is a nice partner for Mega Altaria since it learns the Earthquake+Fire Blast combo to hit every Steel-type (bar Air Balloon Heatran), a fact that Mega Altaria appreciates a lot. Then i added Choice Band Dragonite, a physical wallbreaker that can punch holes in the opposing team to help its teammates to clean. Outrage is mandatory, Fire Punch is for Steel-types and Superpower mainly for Porygon2 and Chansey. Dragonite also acts as a revenge killer with Extreme Speed. I noticed i needed some sort of speed control, and Latios is the best choice scarfer Dragon can offer. Draco Meteor+Psychic as dual STAB, Defog to get rid of entry hazards and Trick to cripple opposing walls. Finally, i added Dragalge to help in the Fairy matchup with Adaptability boosted Sludge Wave, and provide Toxic Spikes to help in matchups like Normal.

Last edited:

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Kyurem-Black @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Freeze Shock
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Memento

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Mega Altaria smashes through everything that doesn't resist it at +2 and overall allows me to beat any type weak to fairy stab.

Dragonite helps me as a great wallbreaker and my biggest check to steel teams. Outrage is crazy powerful stab and extreme speed cleans through weakened teams.

Garchomp sets up rocks and moves before base 70 speed Pokemon such as Breloom, Volcanion and Bisharp. Toxic allows me to annoy certain types such as normal which Dragon struggles with. Finally Dragon Tail can phase out nonfairy setup sweepers and eq is self explanatory.

Kyurem-Black just is able to break so much with its +Atk nature subzero slammer and help rid the battle of Pokemon such as Chansey, flying types and really anything not resistant to ice. Kyurem-Black then has some standard moves to fill the other holes and overall stay a good wallbreaker with Fusion Bolt and Outrage.

Latios is the teams choice scarfed and helps me revenge kill and sweep through a lot of weakneed teams. Memento is used to give Mega Altaria a great chance to setup sweep with Dragon Dance. And Defog is just to rid the field of hazards and help Dragonite keep Multiscale.

Hydreigon just uses strong stab such as Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse while not being locked into a move. U-turn is for picking up momentum and Fire Blast hits annoying Steels such annoying Ferrothorn and Scizor for Altaria.

I would invest in the fairy match up but let's be real unless you fully make a team around beating Fairy your gonna lose all the time to Fairy.

Last edited:

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
~~King Dragon Dance~~
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Memento
- Defog

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Fly
- Fire Punch
- Extreme Speed

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return
- Heal Bell

First of all a big shoutout to Sabella for helping me build this team centered around King DDD set of Mega Altaria. This team showcases one of the very deadly sets of mega altaria which is very hard to take down thanks to the access of roost and heal bell along with the bulk of Mega altaria.Since King DDD set has only one attacking move which is a Fairy STAB move, the other members of the team are built around breaking steel better so that it benefits Mega altaria. Kyurem-Black with life orb acts as a wall breaker with fusion bolt and ice beam, It also breaks steel due to a combination of HP fire + Earth power. Hydreigon with its access to good coverage is another wall breaker on the team that also eases match up vs steel teams thanks to choice specs boosted attacks and access to fire blast. Latios is the mandatory speed control on the team sporting a choice scarf set along with mememto as a to provide set up opportunites to teammates and to cripple a foe and safely bring in a sweeper.Garchomp is the stealth rock setter of the team with its classic fat chomp set that spreads residual damage with rocky helmet+rough skin. Dragonite on the team is our another set up sweeper alongside mega altaria to break down common checks. Flyinium z after a dragon dance hits very hard capable of opening up walls for a sweep, fire punch and earthquake help vs steel types.

Last edited:
The voting phase has ended, congratulations to Alpha-Harpreet for winning Cycle 20!

GoldenTorkoal: 1
The Excadrill: 2
Alpha-Harpreet: 3

Cycle 21 will be up soon, tagging Acast to merge this with the Index thread

"Steeling Smub's heart" Teambuilding Competition Week 21!

Sword Smub @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword

Sharp Smub @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Lava Smub @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Smubcadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Thorny Smub @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Bird Smub @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 4 SpD / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Stealth Rock

Doublade provides an excellent fighting switch-in for common Pokémon such as Terrakion, Keldeo (locked into secret sword), Buzzwole and Mega Gallade, It also helps vs the extremely common fairy and psychic types thanks to its STABs.

Bisharp's ability "defiant" allows it to set up on many defog pokemon such as skarmory, zapdos (slow/not heat wave), mew. With a darkinium z sucker punch Bisharp can ohko many threats and knock off important items (eviolites, choices, etc)

Heatran is running max SpA and Spe to hit like a truck and outpace many threats such as tapu bulu and mega heracross and tie other trans. Taunt/Toxic + Magma storm allows heatran to put large amounts of pressure onto mew, SpD zapdos, mandibuzz, mantine, mega Sableye which otherwise the team struggles to kill. It also provides the necessary fire immunity and with air balloon can scout for ground type moves that would otherwise ohko it.

Scarf Excadrill provides spin support and the mold breaker earthquake that allows this team to threaten electric, poison, other steel teams. Iron head gives you STAB to hit fairy, rock and ice (lol ice in gen 7) types, rock slide is coverage.

Ferrothorn provides water resistance and spike support. It also helps with protect scouting choice victini and other common volt turn pokemon that spank steel.

Skarmory is the ground immunity and fighting neutrality that steel otherwise gets destroyed by, it also provides a phaser to make pesky setup sweepers go away. Stealth rocks are arguably the best move in the game and Skarm is a reliable way for them to enter the field.

As always S/O to my boys Seo. and iRKD for providing me with the inspiration to suck at this game.

Harpp

No rain, no flowers.
Screens and Hazards!
Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 136 SpD / 100 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Since the core of doublade and Bisharp loves hazards to pressure teams as the core provides spin block and the ability to punish defog users thanks to bisharp's defiant, for obvious reasons I wanted to make this team around hazard stacking since it is the strong point of the core. I could have gone the standard skarmory Ho lead however I wanted to do something different,so I chose klefki over skarmory since it not only provides hazards in spikes but it also provides dual screen support to the team in the form of reflect and light screen which allows offensive teammates to set up easier while being harder to revenge kill. Klefki on the team has prankster Thunder wave which acts as a check to threatening set up sweepers or to cripple threats for the team. Next I added Heatran since it is a must to have in a steel team. To complete the hazard stack I am running stealth rock on heatran as it forces switches and it can set up stealth rock pretty easily in fire match up. Heatran has stone edge to check charizard Mega Y and volcarona, rest of the set is standard. As the team has dual screen support so it facilitates set up sweepers like Bisharp and Doublade to set up swords dance easily. Black glasses is used on bisharp to increase the power of sucker punch. Next I added in Choice scarf Excadrill to revenge kill threats like Charizard Mega Y and it is also the speed control of the team. In the last slot in excadrill's moveset I opted to go for toxic over rapid spin for mega sableye to cripple it as mold breaker will ignore magic bounce,toxic also allows excadrill to cripple walls that like to switch into it such as porygon2,staraptor or mandibuzz. Lastly I added in Celesteela as ground immunity and special sweeper with Autotomize and Flyinium z set. With screens support celesteela finds it easy to set up Autotomize and sweep late game.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)