MLB 2017

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just throwing it out that I need everyone's locked in keepers at least 24h before the draft so I can set autodraft values knowing who is and isn't available at a position

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The current deadline for keeper selection is 3/16/17, a full 2 days before our draft.

Edit: Vancouver Victini's and JBC you guys will be taking over nLTk and Sugar K. Leonard's teams. Please PM me or list here your e-mails so I can replace them as managers with you two. As Vancouver Victini's expressed interest first, he'll get first pick over which team he wants to take over and JBC will get the other one.

Cheers!

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
my keepers:
bryant: 17/45 = 22.5
bogaerts: 8/25 = 12.5
harper: 27/35 = 27
degrom: 12/16 = 12
arrieta: 13/23 = 13
freeman: 15/23 = 15

total cost 102

Back-to-back drafts for my league (which Stall is in) and then the Smogon draft (especially late at night) are gonna be taxing... fortunately I can have a poor draft and still repeat in (both) leagues so it's all good

Back-to-back drafts for my league (which Stall is in) and then the Smogon draft (especially late at night) are gonna be taxing... fortunately I can have a poor draft and still repeat in (both) leagues so it's all good
Poor baby. The second ps/smogon draft is at 3:30pm, so I guess we are all double drafting. So buy a red bull and suck it up, buttercup!

Poor baby. The second ps/smogon draft is at 3:30pm, so I guess we are all double drafting. So buy a red bull and suck it up, buttercup!
Like I said I'm good no matter what. You on the other hand had better have the draft of your life if you even wanna be in the playoff race this year :pimp:

Like I said I'm good no matter what. You on the other hand had better have the draft of your life if you even wanna be in the playoff race this year :pimp:
I was told by Stallion that I'll never get better than 3rd place ever again for the rest of our time playing together. Am I admittingly not going to be as competitive as I usually am this year? Probably. Am I going to drastically rebuild my Dynasty in my copyrighted New York Yankee rebuild and position myself for the future better than all of you? I probably am.

My goals for this year are simple. The #1 goal is to win my money league which I dominated in the regular season in last year. Goal #2 is to be relevant in our league while rebuilding for the future, and there is no reason with my activity and smarts that I can't place 6th and sneak into the playoff. And goal #3 is to do whatever the hell this PS League is because it is a weird roto with positional game limits and it totally doesn't fit my stream game. So just not embarrassing myself while honing my roto is that goal.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was told by Stallion that I'll never get better than 3rd place ever again for the rest of our time playing together. Am I admittingly not going to be as competitive as I usually am this year? Probably. Am I going to drastically rebuild my Dynasty in my copyrighted New York Yankee rebuild and position myself for the future better than all of you? I probably am.

My goals for this year are simple. The #1 goal is to win my money league which I dominated in the regular season in last year. Goal #2 is to be relevant in our league while rebuilding for the future, and there is no reason with my activity and smarts that I can't place 6th and sneak into the playoff. And goal #3 is to do whatever the hell this PS League is because it is a weird roto with positional game limits and it totally doesn't fit my stream game. So just not embarrassing myself while honing my roto is that goal.
Let's be honest, I was probably mad at you for having a lucky week and winning a matchup with a far inferior team. Without luck, you won't make a final for awhile, but ever is a stretch. For all I know you could even find the next Trout, kill the draft and win this year. It's just not likely. Gutting your keepers to try and push a mediocre roster over the top wasn't the best move at the time or in hindsight.

biggie

champ
I have a bit of a dilemma in my other league. We have 4 keepers and I'm unsure of whom to keep. It's a snake draft so there's no auction $ to worry about, and we keep 4 people. I've got Betts, Arenado, Corey Seager, Bumgarner and Kluber for 4 spots. What do?

I have a bit of a dilemma in my other league. We have 4 keepers and I'm unsure of whom to keep. It's a snake draft so there's no auction $ to worry about, and we keep 4 people. I've got Betts, Arenado, Corey Seager, Bumgarner and Kluber for 4 spots. What do?
Get rid of Seager. He is hurt and isn't that elite of a fantasy option with no speed and not all to great of power. If you take Bumgarner and Kluber with you into the draft, you don't have to draft any pitching for the first few rounds and can target a Jean Segura type a bit later in the draft.

I own Seager in a lot of leagues but he is not going to give you the elite production that you can get later in the draft. I wouldn't draft him where he is, and he doesn't deserve that kind of company that Arenado, Betts, Bum, and Klub are in.

Keep the bats + Bum

biggie

champ
leaning hard towards seager over kluber. btw i've finalized keepers and their costs (I'm giving one reneg to JBC on his Pederson pick) so you can check draft results and see where you/we are at.

Biggie, you're my hero. I was just about to put that together on my notebook paper long hand.

If you weren't a Yankee fan, I'd buy you a pizza.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
I do my best to provide a strong foundation for this league. You guys are great competition and the banter is enjoyable so I'm happy to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)