If the Yanks can't make a trade
I will yank out my hair
And I will boo!
Gardner! And Ells!

Duh duh duh! Duh duh duh duh duh duh!

BiGGiE

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The fact that either the Pirates or Cubs will be eliminated in the WC game tomorrow is an absolute travesty. The 97 win cubs are the away team because their division is stacked!! Don't do away with division winners, but seeding should be purely based on record. If you're in the bottom two of all the playoff teams, you should be forced to play a WC game.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sounds like a bunch of salt coming from fans of two teams who finished last in their respective divisions. This team overachieved from the get-go and while I'm sad they lost, it's been a hell of a season. ButteredToast, have fun with Pablo, Hanley & no real ace on your staff. And Captain Skywalker, good luck with that whole "complete roster overhaul" thing. Hope it works out well for you.

Sounds like a bunch of salt coming from fans of two teams who finished last in their respective divisions. This team overachieved from the get-go and while I'm sad they lost, it's been a hell of a season. ButteredToast, have fun with Pablo, Hanley & no real ace on your staff. And Captain Skywalker, good luck with that whole "complete roster overhaul" thing. Hope it works out well for you.
My Reds will probably be cellar dwellers for the next few years because Bryan Price is completely incompetent. He can't manage a lemonade stand let alone a baseball team. Plus, two years of devastating injuries doesn't help. Also, BiGGiE , one thing you might not know about me is that ,while I'm a Reds fan first and foremost, my AL team is the Red Sox ,since I live in New England and because I had no previous animosity for them. The two teams I hate most ,because of this, are the Cardinals and Yankees. I'm just glad that the WS isn't Yankees-Cardinals this year. But in all seriousness, I expected the Yankees to take this one because they're at home, Tanaka is a great pitcher and they have a capable offense but I'm glad they didn't.

Dammit the Flubs legit scare me. I'm not just referring to when my Cards ultimately play them in the NLDS, but in the short and long term future. They're loaded and arrived sooner than we all expected

ButteredToast, have fun with Pablo, Hanley & no real ace on your staff.
Carlos Beltr-old: $15,000,000
Brian McCann't: $17,000,000
Jacoby Benchbury: $21,142,857
Alex "The Human Growth Hormone" Rodriguez: $22,000,000
AA Sabathia: $23,000,000
Mark "You're on the DL" Teixeira: $23,125,000

Getting embarrassed in the playoffs by a team with a $69 Million payroll: Priceless

Last edited:
Cubs won the world series this year in back to the future....and they have (at the moment) the best pitcher on the planet. The stars have aligned
Wasn't the World Series in BttF Cubs VS Blue Jays? If BttF can accurately predict the WS then why can't they predict hover boards? Where the fuck is my hover board :(

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
In his last 13 starts dating back to August and including the playoffs, Jake Arrieta has given up a total of four earned runs. 4 in 3 months!!! Has Kershaw or anyone else had a stretch this dominant in modern history? I'm legitimately curious? Randy Johnson/Greg Maddux maybe?

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Carlos Beltr-old: $15,000,000
Brian McCann't: $17,000,000
Jacoby Benchbury: $21,142,857
Alex "The Human Growth Hormone" Rodriguez: $22,000,000
AA Sabathia: $23,000,000
Mark "You're on the DL" Teixeira: $23,125,000

Getting embarrassed in the playoffs by a team with a $69 Million payroll: Priceless

You're really being obnoxious just for the sake of being an asshole, you should probably stop.

Short series baseball is a game of inches (was at the Jays game today)

Shitballers for Texas in 3/4, so still not over, but man, such is the peril of the postseason

Stallion

Tree Young
1 game away from giving a huge middle finger to the 96 sports writers (out of 96 total) who picked the Jays. Not a single person picked the Rangers lol

1 game away from giving a huge middle finger to the 96 sports writers (out of 96 total) who picked the Jays. Not a single person picked the Rangers lol
To be fair, the Jays are the better team and the playoffs are a crapshoot

Stallion

Tree Young
To be fair, the Jays are the better team and the playoffs are a crapshoot
Not better enough to be unanimous over 96 sportswriter opinions. We were the second best team after the ASB in the AL behind them I'm pretty sure. Not one sportswriter could have seen an upset coming? Even the Cards/Dodgers haven't been unanimous picks. They can keep sleeping on us

Dunno how much noise Texas will make this postseason. But when they get Yu back next year it's gonna be fun watching them and Houston duke it out for AL West supremacy for the next few years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)