M&M Mix and Mega

First i didnt know it was a mistake, and thats ok as marshadow is good but has counters
second it is uncompetitive. do you know what that word means? you can't play around it unless you have a ground type that none of the coverage moves hits ( i mean primal groudon is insane but thats another issue). im not saying they are broken but they are uncompetitive and/or unhealthy, whatever that word means
and no it did not take me 50 games, i went like 22-3 but it was their first time ever playing the tier, and one of them literally used a team with zap cannon dynamic punch mew and zap cannon dpunch deo d. basically a meme team and it still won because it is so bullshit. unless you run golurk you cant counter zap cannon dpunch combo. uncompetitive, not necessarily broken.
Seeing how quickly you can get to a point from 1,000 is not a good way to determine if something is good or not. The best way is to face high level opponents at or near the top of the ladder multiple times vs teams that have been proven to be good and relevant in the current meta. Just because a team, pokemon or move can mow through or severely hamper one opponent, team or a couple of mons doesn't mean that it is broken. If said issue really is enough to warrant a suspect test it would show in high level play and in the opinions and thoughts of the council and other high level players along with a good chunk if not the majority of the regular playerbase. Zap Cannon is a good move, but the chance to full para is still very small (something like 25% iirc which is a lesser chance than Scald has to burn.) Outside of that paralysis is just a speed halver, which doesn't always mean something. What I am trying to say here is that you won't always have to play around it. You can let a mon get para'd and sometimes it could be a blessing since you couldn't be statused otherwise. Getting paralyzed doesn't always mean that said mon is useless, it just becomes less effective in some situations, which is exactly how status effects are supposed to work. The distribution of Zap Cannon isn't good enough to get one mon suspected or banned so why would we ban the move on its own? All it is is a high power move that gives a small chance for the target to become unable to move that turn. Don't get me wrong Zap Cannon is a very good move, but it comes nowhere close to even warranting a suspect for itself. One final note, if you are running Zap Cannon + Dynamic Punch on Mew or Deoxys-Speed then you are forsaking guaranteed damage on the levels of Focus Blast for a far lower damage output just to increase that chance by a small bit. Really the odds still aren't in your favor and it's more of a liability on your end than it is valuable.

Ok I know how stupid this is but I have been having fun with this cause people don't expect it to really do much of anything but its similar to houndoumite ninetales but worse in my opinion but it sure is funny to see peoples reactions to it

Politoed @ Swampertite
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Belly Drum/Power-Up Punch

depending on how much of a risk you want to take cause rain boosted +6 hits everything very very hard

the idea is you bring this mon in on a weakened mon kill it with power up punch getting +1 then hit things with rain boosted waterfall if that does not hit it go with your coverage moves here are some calcs for fun

252+ Atk Politoed Power-Up Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 188-224 (66.9 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Refrigerate Weavile Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 102-121 (26.6 - 31.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Weavile Throat Chop vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 135-160 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Zygarde Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 193-228 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Aerilate Zygarde Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 153-180 (39.9 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Politoed Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Zygarde: 232-276 (55.2 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Politoed Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey in Rain: 195-231 (27.3 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
+6 252+ Atk Politoed Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey in Rain: 775-913 (108.5 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO(both blissey calcs are with sablenite
+1 252+ Atk Genesect Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 180-212 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Politoed: 141-166 (36.8 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252+ SpA Genesect Techno Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Politoed: 191-225 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Politoed Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 146-174 (42.1 - 50.2%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO

keep in mind that this is not a viable pokemon its just fun as far as I know I have only played around 10 games with it but its does to well in my opinion... Must be against noobs

Last edited:
NOTICE TIME.

Primal Groudon cancels out rain. Even if something with Drizzle is put in. Keep that in mind. (Politoed is okay, in my experience. It should be using Belly Drum for maximum carnage, most likely...)

Also... I want to keep this brief. I realize why Manecite was standard on Zapdos all those months ago.
...It's so physically bulky, it acts as a Marshadow counter. Let that sink in for a bit. And yes, Marshadow deserves to be sent to the ranks of Palkia and company, even with that.
(Disclaimer: Stealth Rocks change this into being disadvantageous for Zapdos. Use caution when sending it in...)

But wait, what's this...? Usage stats have returned?

http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/gen7mixandmega-1760.txt (Basic stats for main ladder)
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-1760.txt regular (Basic stats for Shaymin-Sky suspect ladder)
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/moveset/gen7mixandmega-1760.txt moves/checksandcounter/ect (Moveset data for main ladder)
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/moveset/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-1760.txt moves/checksandcounter/etc (Moveset data for Shaymin-Sky suspect ladder)
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/metagame/gen7mixandmega-1760.txt Team style (Team information for main ladder)
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2017-06/metagame/gen7mixandmegasuspecttest-1760.txt Team Style (Team information for Shaymin-Sky suspect ladder)

As usual, I'll work on dissecting these myself. I might share the results with you all sometime in the future.

I am always open to suggestions of how to improve the team in anyway I can I want to make this an amazing team which is easy to use and understand
Kyurem @ Glalitite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
Arcanine @ Pinsirite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Double-Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Blue Orb
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Porygon-Z @ Absolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

I have been using this team for a long time but I switch out the dragon every so often cause I cant find a good dragon type that fits this team but I want a dragon type its fun to use in my opinion not quite as fun as a politoad team but nothing is as fun as that XD anyway. The reason for the pdon is cause everyone needs a pdon its hard to play without one so you need a pdon all ways you are hindering your self if you don't run pdon and 47% of the meta is pdon so yay... why is this thing not banned? XD I mean almost half the battles are pdon anyway enough of the rant. The whole point of the team is to get up rocks maybe some spikes then go to town if something is gets out of hand that's not an e sweep come in an take it out with the espeed, xerneas is a late game sweeper using fairium z over power herb so you can use twinckle tackle to get rid of a straggling wall and so you can take down pdon and such cause you have +3 rather then +2

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am always open to suggestions of how to improve the team in anyway I can I want to make this an amazing team which is easy to use and understand

Kyurem @ Glalitite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Arcanine @ Pinsirite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Double-Edge
- Extreme Speed
- Will-O-Wisp

Ferrothorn @ Blue Orb
Ability: Anticipation
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Porygon-Z @ Absolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

I have been using this team for a long time but I switch out the dragon every so often cause I cant find a good dragon type that fits this team but I want a dragon type its fun to use in my opinion not quite as fun as a politoad team but nothing is as fun as that XD anyway. The reason for the pdon is cause everyone needs a pdon its hard to play without one so you need a pdon all ways you are hindering your self if you don't run pdon and 47% of the meta is pdon so yay... why is this thing not banned? XD I mean almost half the battles are pdon anyway enough of the rant. The whole point of the team is to get up rocks maybe some spikes then go to town if something is gets out of hand that's not an e sweep come in an take it out with the espeed, xerneas is a late game sweeper using fairium z over power herb so you can use twinckle tackle to get rid of a straggling wall and so you can take down pdon and such
Ok starting off, It's better to get rid of a few of the special sweepers. The team has no way to really bust through sablenite blissey, which kind of stalls you out otherwise. Use a strong fighting type such as Lucarionite / Metagrossite Marshadow / Terrakion. (probably over Kyurem / Porygon-Z, If you want to keep a special attacker; try Nasty Plot Pidgeotite Thundurus-I w/ Focus Blast)

Switch the focus of the team from setting up and going to town to a team to punch holes in the opponent's team and have Xerneas clean up. This can be done by having more wallbreakers really. If you want to go a bulkier route, Giratina-O + Sablenite Blissey is actually quite a useful combination.

Change Arcanine ---> Zygarde. Zygarde is the better -ate speeder by far. I'll admit WoW has it's usefulness, but you can just put lava plume on pdon for burns. Zygarde's superior because of bulk, typing and coverage w/ tarrows. With Pinsirite, Zygarde takes 6% from Stealth Rock --> 25%, whereas Arcanine takes 25% --> 50%.

Change your Pdon EVs to focus on Special Defense, it changes some 2hko's into 3hkos and helps your matchup v xerneas.

Give Xerneas Focus Blast > Psyshock because Psyshock isn't going to help you out at all, whilst Focus Blast breaks steel types. Also, I really do reccomend you go Power Herb just so you don't waste an extra turn. That truly means more in practice, but if you're going to be stubborn for the Fairium Z, Z-Geomancy > Twinkle Tackle honestly.

Rose_Warrior Here's some tips for the team! (albeit technically it's a fairly large amount but w/e) I put it in hide tags to not clutter the thread, I hope it helps!

I've been watching this thread for quite some time now, and I feel I should contribute. This will be my first post on any Smogon Forums thread, so please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

This team is one that I have used for a good while, about since audinite was released. I found that stacking ridiculous levels of defense was fairly effective at beating popular threats at the time, such as Blue Orb Golisipod (Still popular), Pinsirite Genesect (Less popular than before), and Glalitite Weavile (I haven't seen one in over two weeks). Lately, though, this team has seen less success. This is likely due to a combination of me having less time to battle and adapt, and new threats like Marshadow being introduced. A noticeable trend with my team is an oversaturation of Toxic users and fire-type attacks. I have found Toxic to work very well with this team, and believe running Will-O-Wisp or any other status would be detrimental. The overuse of fire-type attacks can be attributed to how most threats that cannot be hit with toxic can be handily dealt with through fire (Genesect, Kartana, etc.). Those who are immune to both toxic and fire attacks (Blue Orb Skarmory/Celesteela/any Steel type) are usually knocked out with a combination of Thunder and Shadow Ball.

Playstyle: Stall

Blissey @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Calm Mind

An incredibly tanky mixed wall with the ability to wall most unboosted physical attackers, as well as swords dance Ghost Arceus. Soft-Boiled is necessary for immediate recovery, as Wish is far too slow and leaves Blissey open to 2HKOs. Flamethrower demolishes Genesect, which most of which does NOT mega evolve immediately in order to avoid a predicted Toxic. Flamethrower still deals heavy damage to post-mega Genesect and allows Blissey to fight back against opponents with Magic Bounce. Toxic is absolutely needed for this set, as it is Blissey's main source of damage. Calm Mind allows Blissey to wall even the likes of Tail Glow Xurkitree, even without Special Defense investment, and deal more damage to Magic Bounce users. It is imperative to keep Blissey free of toxic (paralysis and burn are not very threatening) so utilizing Natural Cure to the fullest is recommended. 4 Speed EVs are added to outspeed enemy Blissey, but this may no longer be relevant.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Giratina is an important part of how this team can deal with both setup sweepers and Golisopod. With full physical investment, Golisopod can only hope to 3HKO Giratina after a defense drop from Liquidation. Dragon Tail is an excellent tool for removing Dragon Dance users from the field, also noting that Giratina takes roughly 70% damage from a +1 Pinsirite Zygarde's Outrage. Rest/Talk is Giratina's only mode of active recovery, and necessary for walling Golisopod and other threats. 4 Speed EVs are added to outspeed uninvested base 90s.

Jirachi @ Audinite
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Sleep Talk
- Charge Beam
- Rest

Jirachi is an interesting little idea I had when Weavile was running rampant. Reaching great 100/140/140 bulk with Steel/Fairy typing means that any enemies that think a Dark attack will knock it out will be sorely mistaken, dealing next to nothing while a surprisingly powerful Moonblast comes back at them. A STAB Moonblast coming off of 120 Special Attack is going to hurt, putting serious dents into unresisted Pokemon. Moonblast's secondary effect also helps against special attackers, but this Jirachi mostly deals with physical threats. Charge Beam allows Jirachi to combat Skarmory and Celesteela, while also giving it great boosts. If Mega Evolution is not immediately necessary, then Serene Grace quickly makes Charge Beam extremely threatening. 4 Speed EVs are added to outspeed uninvested base 100s.

Cresselia @ Sablenite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Psycho Shift
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cresselia is the mixed wall that takes maximum cake regarding physically biased walls. 120/170/180 bulk means that Cresselia, if physically invested, is a stat-wise inverse of Mega Blissey. Moonlight is unfortunately Cresselia's best recovery, meaning that certain stalling situations are more complicated. It is helpful, though, to get a boosted heal whilst facing down Primal Groudon. Psycho Shift is the hidden gem of stalling in Mix and Mega that nobody else seems to use. It is the only move that allows Cresselia to apply Toxic to Magic Bounce users such as enemy Blissey and Tapu Lele. Unless familiar with this move, Psycho Shift will take many by surprise. Hidden Power Fire allows Cresselia to hit the aforementioned Genesect for significant damage, albeit never an OHKO. It does, however, OHKO Pre-Mega Kartana. No Speed EVs are added because there are no relevant base 55 Pokemon to outspeed.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Perish Song
- Protect

This Gengar is a Perish trapper that also has an offensive edge. It is this team's only way to defeat a bulky Pokemon with Heal Bell / other Status removal, such as Slowbronite Blissey. Shadow Ball also deals with weakened threats like Primal Groudon. The stat spread deviates from normal Perish trap sets because Gengar will never be able to take any unresisted hit and live in Mix and Mega. Even taking a resisted hit severely weakens its usefulness by limiting Substitutes. Maximum Special Attack ensures good amounts of damage on enemy switch ins on the turn that it Mega evolves.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder
- Stealth Rocks

Groudon helps round this team out by providing answers to Blue Orb users regardless of the weather. Switching in onto Golisopod renders it useless, and having Golisopod switch in gives a great opportunity for a perfectly accurate Thunder to OHKO after Stealth Rocks. Thunder also may OHKO Skarmory depending on its EVs. Fire Blast is used over Lava Plume as the main focus of this Groudon is direct damage, and burns are detrimental to this team. A notable threat taken out by Fire Blast is Tapu Lele, which does around 80% to Groudon with Psychic and then gets OHKO'd. Stealth rocks will be NOT placed in the majority of games, as it is difficult to find a time to place them where an attack would not be better. There is no move to replace SR with that would help Groudon much, barring a possible Hidden Power Ice to deal with Zygarde. Quiet nature can be substituted with another if speed is more of a concern, but Groudon still outspeeds key threats such as Skarmory and Golisopod.

I hope my analysis is thoughtful and useful, and that I can continue contributing to Smogon. I also hope I figure out how to add those 3D models in my posts.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
So I was told to post this bug here: http://prntscr.com/fz55v1 So, what happened was my prankster (from banettite) aegislash stance changed when i used shadow sneak.
I think that that's just a cosmetic glitch. Did you save the replay? If not, I'll just use what I'll have.

Since "untitled 02" used Liquidation, it is most likely a Golisopod. Assuming that you have an Bulky Physical Aegislash, that it makes sense:
252+ Atk Aegislash-Shield Shadow Sneak vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Golisopod: 45-54 (12.7 - 15.2%) -- possible 5HKO

However, I have no idea how you got OHKO'd by a burned Golisopod at -2:
-2 252+ Atk burned Golisopod Liquidation in Heavy Rain vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 48-57 (14.8 - 17.5%) -- possible 6HKO
-2 252+ Atk burned Golisopod Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 108-128 (33.3 - 39.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So, I'm not sure. Someone should test this more.

thesecondbest

Just Kidding I'm First
So I was told to post this bug here: http://prntscr.com/fz55v1 So, what happened was my prankster (from banettite) aegislash stance changed when i used shadow sneak.
It's been working this way for a while not sure if it's a big or a feature. Maybe the way aegi/ is hardcored it works like this? Also someone should test and see if you have both abilities at the same time or don't have prankster after switching forms

So, what happened was my prankster (from banettite) aegislash stance changed when i used shadow sneak.
Aegislash's Ability, Stance Change, can't be changed by normal means. While for most Abilities this is handled in the Ability-altering moves and Abilities, Stance Change is strange in that it's blocked at a lower level in Showdown! The upshot is that when Aegislash Mega Evolves its Ability is blocked from changing. (Sadly even its base Ability doesn't change, so switching out and in doesn't work either.)

Wtf men i cant give my breloom blazikenite , but i can give metagrossite to marshaadow , this is inbalance men , fuck that stupid rules , same for deoxys-speed i can give him a pidgeotite wtf with that , but i can give pinsirite to dragonite , gen7 ruins this wonderfull metagame :(

Wtf men i cant give my breloom blazikenite , but i can give metagrossite to marshaadow , this is inbalance men , fuck that stupid rules , same for deoxys-speed i can give him a pidgeotite wtf with that , but i can give pinsirite to dragonite , gen7 ruins this wonderfull metagame :(
…Did you read the banlist in the OP?

Banlist said:
Clauses:Ubers Clauses, Mega Stone / Orb Clause (only two of each stone on a team)
General Bans: Baton Pass, Electrify
Banned Stones: Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite
Pokemon that can only Mega Evolve using native stones: Arceus, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Dialga, Dragonite, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lugia, Lunala, Mewtwo, Palkia, Pheromosa, Rayquaza, Regigigas, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Slaking, Solgaleo, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zekrom, Zygarde with Power Construct.
So, Blazikenite isn't allowed on anything not named Blaziken. It worked in a similar way last generation as well.

Rhyperior @ Altarianite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

252+ Atk Golisopod Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Rhyperior in Heavy Rain: 182-216 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Rhyperior: 152-180 (35 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Rhyperior: 183-216 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Out of the new Gen 7 Pokemon, there are a few that would be okay with Aggronite, but they probably wouldn't end up being viable since the bar in so much higher in MnM. The one new Pokemon that would really be worth using is Buzzwole.

Stats: 107 / 169 / 189 / 53 / 73 / 79 | Bug/Steel type

Buzzwole @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Leech Life
- Toxic / Coverage
- Coverage

While Buzzwole's base 169 Attack is phenominal, I think it's much more useful for its defensive capabilities. Although Bug/Steel doesn't have too many resistances, the fact that it only has one weakness combined with Buzzwole's titanic physical bulk makes it a hard stop to Pokemon such as all variants of Kartana, Golisopod, Weavile, and a million other things.

252+ Atk Blue Orb Golisopod Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 130-154 (31.1 - 36.8%) - yes, this is under rain
252 Atk Lopunnite Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 108-127 (25.8 - 30.3%)
252 Atk Lucarionite Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 138-164 (33 - 39.2%)
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 354-417 (84.6 - 99.7%) - wtf

Buzzwole has a lot of great coverage options - fighting, ice, electric, ground, and poison, which still hit reasonably hard due to Buzzwole's 374 uninvested Attack. It also gets Gyro Ball, but Buzzwole is a bit too fast to do major damage with it usually - having a coverage move is generally better. Also, its special bulk is actually alright now, especially with max HP.

Last edited:
Rhyperior @ Altarianite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Def
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail

252+ Atk Golisopod Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Rhyperior in Heavy Rain: 182-216 (41.9 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Adaptability Marshadow Spectral Thief vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Rhyperior: 152-180 (35 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Rhyperior: 183-216 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
If you're going to use Rhyperior, give it Solid Rock. Lightning Rod doesn't do anything useful.

Out of the new Gen 7 Pokemon, there are a few that would be okay with Aggronite, but they probably wouldn't end up being viable since the bar in so much higher in MnM. The one new Pokemon that would really be worth using is Buzzwole.

Stats: 107 / 169 / 189 / 53 / 73 / 79 | Bug/Steel type

Buzzwole @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Leech Life
- Toxic / Coverage
- Coverage

While Buzzwole's base 169 Attack is phenominal, I think it's much more useful for its defensive capabilities. Although Bug/Steel doesn't have too many resistances, the fact that it only has one weakness combined with Buzzwole's titanic physical bulk makes it a hard stop to Pokemon such as all variants of Kartana, Golisopod, Weavile, and a million other things.

252+ Atk Blue Orb Golisopod Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 130-154 (31.1 - 36.8%) - yes, this is under rain
252 Atk Lopunnite Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 108-127 (25.8 - 30.3%)
252 Atk Lucarionite Marshadow Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 138-164 (33 - 39.2%)
252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aggronite Buzzwole: 354-417 (84.6 - 99.7%) - wtf

Buzzwole has a lot of great coverage options - fighting, ice, electric, ground, and poison, which still hit reasonably hard due to Buzzwole's 374 uninvested Attack. It also gets Gyro Ball, but Buzzwole is a bit too fast to do major damage with it usually - having a coverage move is generally better. Also, its special bulk is actually alright now, especially with max HP.
On the point about Gyro Ball, couldn't you run it with Hammer Arm which lowers your speed and gives you extra STAB before mega evolving?

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the point about Gyro Ball, couldn't you run it with Hammer Arm which lowers your speed and gives you extra STAB before mega evolving?
You could but I think it would be worse than the set I listed. First, you'd always want to evolve immediately because this set is meant to switch into dangerous physical attackers, and Buzzwole needs to have its vastly superior typing and bulk when switching in. I think Roost and Leech Life are mandatory, so a set with those two plus Hammer Arm and Gyro Ball might seem like it'd work, but the problem is that Gyro Ball requires you to lower your speed in a lot of cases before you can do any meaningful damage (Gyro Ball doesn't even come to the 2HKO on Lucarionite Marshadow, it's that weak). Plus, running Gyro Ball forces you to run minimum speed, which is detrimental when you need to recover or finish something off that's in the 60-70ish base speed range. Buzzwole is strong even uninvested, but not strong enough to the point where you'd be denting opposing bulky teams, and so I think the utility of Toxic is generally more worth it.

Lunge is worth considering for the guaranteed attack drop, but Leech Life is still nice on a Pokémon that can't hold Leftovers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)