Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Hi guys,
snip
Oh yeah im in, like I said in my earlier post I can help pitch in with money, I need to cash my check and get my money to credit/debit somehow first but I can def help! And btw in a post one of the devs said in a tweet US people can play on any realms server we just cant buy it yet.

damn. I do think its kind of stupid that an add-on is nearly as much as the game itself. But then again, the shop on my street sells grips for twice the price of pencils. Logic.
Oh yeah, I'm sorry. It turns out only the host needs to pay, then they can invite(whitelist) friends to come on the server and play.
I guess I got some wrong information

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There is apparently no warp commands in Realms, only the commands within Minecraft itself.

Regardless, I'm still getting one because I've had a couple of irl friends say they will play too. I'm just scouting seeds atm.

Any ideas on what to do for spawn? I'd like to keep it simple.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a bump to say the server is up and running (I built a safe area for a temporary spawn).

PM me on here if you want to come check it out.

It is a weird workaround, but couldn't you set up a few command blocks around the world that teleport you to spawn? Either in people's structures or in like a 500x500 grid or something?

Or just a good rail system and make people deal with it, like we always wanted to do with the original Smogcraft, heh.

_Tonks_

Anyone here play on the Xbox more then PC? People always Freak the fuck out when I say I play on the Xbox more then PC.

Kinneas

puffoon
So the server has been alive for a month. Here is some things that exist.

Spawn

Neuw's Mansion

Port City Place Thing

Come play.

minecraft realms is out in america now. i heard it suggested that its stateside unavailability was preventing some folks from getting on the server, but if indeed that was the problem, it should be resolved now hurrah

Last edited:

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Question: So my friend's hosting a server and on the server, I made a mob drop farm in the sky (one that kills mobs through fall damage and picks it up automatically for the loot). However, whenever you get close to it, the game lags a fuckton. It doesn't do that anywhere else on the server afaik. Anyone have any idea why? The only redstone that would involve server lag is 1 hopper timer setup.

supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus
The server's on easy mode so at most 10 mobs drop down from the spawning platforms, 10 mobs would cause that much lag?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
that's just the ones that are dropping, use f3 to see how many entities are in the mob farm when you look up at it and you'll probably see a number larger than you'd expect. plus if it's the standard design there's bound to be running water which never helps lag.

supermarth64

is a Contributor Alumnus
The mob farm uses a hopper timer based water dispenser to push down all of the mobs that can possibly spawn down. It's only when you walk towards it, once you're actually there the running water and redstone doesn't cause any lag.

If the mob farm is more than 3 blocks high there would be a lot more bats spawning in then normal which have no real way of getting out therefore just in there spawning which makes lag, if it is more than 2 blocks high I recommend making it 2, unless you want enderman to spawn.

AwesomeFennekin

Banned deucer.
Hey, is anyone else having this problem?
Regardless of which server I put in, it says "Cant resolve hostname". I checked, all of my IPs are correct, and once again, regardless of which one I put in, it always says "Cant resolve hostname". I restarted my computer, and yet no luck. Anyone know a solution?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey, is anyone else having this problem?
Regardless of which server I put in, it says "Cant resolve hostname". I checked, all of my IPs are correct, and once again, regardless of which one I put in, it always says "Cant resolve hostname". I restarted my computer, and yet no luck. Anyone know a solution?
are you using the correct version of minecraft for the server you want to join?

Hello guys I got into a minecraft only a month or so ago and would be interested in playing on the smogcraft server or whatever it's called. Can I have an ip and a basic summary of whatever you guys are working? Thanks in advance
My minecraft name is Xicious btw

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
You registered a month ago and this is your first post. This is a community server. Gonna guess that's why.

It says I'm banned for "who" when I try to log in.
Hahaha! That's who it was!

Sorry, friend. It appears you logged onto my personal server. I don't run the Smogon Minecraft server anymore and just host every now and then for some friends. I unbanned you shortly after (because I saw you made a house instead of griefing), but our world died inbetween snapshots due to world corruption.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)