SM OU Mind Blowing Webs Squad

termnal

formerly Lpow12
Introduction
i have always enjoyed webs as speed control and thought blacephalon with its pretty good but not incredible speed tier would be the perfect mon to take advantage of them. This team went through a few variations with different web setters and this is the one that has performed the best through my games

Araquanid @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Toxic
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
I settled on araquanid as my web setter when USUM came out simply because of bulk. Except for shuckle it has the best bulk for web setters and is almost sure to get webs up. It also covers fire types(kinda) and can be a descent grass switch-in on something bulky like tangrowth.

Blacephalon @ Firium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Mind Blown
- Flame Charge
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
This set was actually created before I paired it with webs but it still works great. Z-Mind blown can nuke almost anything plus get you a beast boost, and flamethrower is coverage for when you don't wan't to lose half of your health. Flame charge is for when a team has a reliable defogger and you can't keep webs up or you want to guarantee you will out speed scarfers. You do have to run max speed in case webs don't get up but otherwise this is a pretty great set.

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
This set is something I came up with after getting blown back by magerna a few times and I feel like it catches everyone off guard. I knew I needed a spinner since defog hurts me almost as much as it helps and excadrill was also nice as an electric immunity. AV allows it to take on almost any special attacking mons including magerna, mega-alakazam, and opposing blacephalon if excadrill is a full health

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge
This set can be is kinda the back-up if a team is really specially bulky or weak to grass. With the bulk it has plus leftovers and grassy terrain bulu is a pretty good physical wall as long as you're not getting smashed by steel types. You could also run leech seed for more survival, but bulk up is really good once you get it up since you can just live on horn leech damage kill stuff.

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
Diancie was the mon I didn't expect to make the team. After going some battles with friends I realized that I couldn't deal with any dragon types and just got wrecked by most of them so enter diancie. Its a pretty standard set and HP fire helps with steel and grass types like ferrothorn and skarmory. Diancie also performs well with webs since it outspeeds thinks like greninja and koko and pick up ko's.

Thundurus-Therian @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Nasty Plot
Thundy was also an unexpected addition to the team. It came after I switched from galvantula to araquanid as my web setter because I had no way to deal with lando, Celesteela and just flying types in general. It is another mon that gets a boost from webs to out-speed stuff and can deal with a lot of flying and dragon types with HP ice and thunderbolt. Knock off is there purely because I can't deal with chansey otherwise and I hate losing to chansey. Once you get a nasty plot you do lots of damage to everything and can also be a backup in case blacephalon doesn't work.

I dont play a lot of webs so i'll refrain from too much commentary, but I think that Thundurus would be better as a pivot set. Something like this:

Thundurs-Therian @ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Ice
- Volt Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)