Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Balanced Hackmons in a doubles format.

I don't know how I can test this, so i don't know what would be broken.
Generally, meta variations (BH doubles, Sketchmons LC, AAA UU) are handled directly through the main OM. BH doubles would be done through BH, Sketchmons LC done through sketch, etc.

One last posting of this meta, because people seemed to really like the metagame and I wanna get some last-minute thoughts prior to submitting in november.

Plate Typing

You guys tiered of having to deal with crappy typed Pokémon who have actually good stats, or whish you could freely change types without being limited to your own movepool? In this metagame, any Pokémon holding one of the 17 Arceus plates can change it's secondary type to that of the plate! You also can run up to two new moves the same type of the plate. The plate is unable to be removed by any means, and no longer boosts the power of moves of their type. You can only run one of each plate, and upon switching into Battle, your new typing is revealed to the opponent. Running a plate of your secondary type will not change your typing, but still gives you moves.

Bans: OU clauses plus:
Shedinja

The following moves can only be used by those who get them naturally:

• V-Create
  • Shift Gear
  • Spore
right now, I say the meta can support both offensive and defensive playstyles. Offense gets buffed due to the many amazing types you can run such as Electric/Ice, Rock/Ground, Fire/Dragon, Ghost/Fighting, and much more. Do remember that your giving up your item slot to do this though, which means other types like Bug and Steel are also viable, due to the available setup moves offered. Defense thrives with some good defensive typings available like Ghost/Normal, Water/Ground, Bug/Steel, Poison/Dark, and more. Abilities can also be a point of choosing, where one can be picked just for having a more useful ability.

Gengar @ Fist Plate
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Vacuum Wave
- Secret Sword
- Shadow Ball
- Destiny Bond

Abuses the Ghost/Fighting coverage to full extent and gets free priority

Kartana @ Stone Plate
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Rock Polish
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword

Gets good coverage which is finished by Sacred Sword. Has room for some utility such as Rock Polish or Accelerock.

Latios @ Flame Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- filler

Dragon/Fire is a cool type, and Latios, thanks to it's speed and power, can make use of it.

Tapu Koko @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Ice Shard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

An Electric/Ice abuser. Has enough Attack to make use of Ice Shard too.

Keldeo @ Sky Plate
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Aeroblast
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Water/Flying is actually a cool type with decent coverage, with the resists being able to be hit with Secret Sword.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Accelerock
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Another Mon who can make use of Stone Plate.

Blissey (F) @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Can wall those Ghost/Fighting mons.

Tapu Fini @ Earth Plate
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Scald
- Taunt

A cool defensive typing with recovery, utility, and a good ability backing it up.

Registeel @ Insect Plate
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Sticky Web
- Heal Order
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Just another cool defensive type with recovery. Also one of the few cases in which a non-OU mon becomes viable.

Toxapex @ Dread Plate
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Haze

Fun fact, Toxapex is actually primary Poison-Type, which allows cool things like this.

Clefable @ Iron Plate
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Doom Desire
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

I think Doom Desire could get some use, especially with a usable 95 SpAttack

Magnezone @ Earth Plate
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Traps steels and kills them with it's new STAB.

Serperior @ Flame Plate
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- filler

Spam STABs. That's all I have to say.

Swoobat @ Insect Plate
Ability: Simple
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Psychic
- Heat Wave

Couldn't have been any simpler (the pun is intended this time)

Latias @ Splash Plate

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Water Shuriken
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

Bulky abuser of Water / Dragon typing

note that you can run your new moves in any slot you desire. I just put them at the beginning for organization purposes. The reason I chose plates was because they are so commonly known to everyone and it also makes an excuse to not have a Normal-Type changer.

Questions:

• Should I let the plates change the primary type when shiny?
  • Should legendary-signature moves be allowed? Currently they are.
  • Would a different name be better or is it good currently?
  • Is there anything else I need?

Plate Typing

Questions:
  • Should I let the plates change the primary type when shiny?
  • Should legendary-signature moves be allowed? Currently they are.
  • Would a different name be better or is it good currently?
  • Is there anything else I need?
*Me saying that this is a really cool idea I'm gonna post ideas about, I've done this like 5 times now*

The questions:
1. I think that it wouldn't be a bad thing, as revealing the typing on switch-in (plus being able to see shininess) balances out the unpredictability. The meta would probably be just fine without this, but it's definitely something to consider.
2. I don't see why not if they're not broken like V-Create.
3. If I could make a good (or so bad it's good) plate/MyPlate pun, I'd help you here.

Anywho, onto some sets (assuming that Shinies do not allow you to change primary type):

Lucario @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed / Swords Dance
- Spirit Shackle
- Crunch
Sick and tired of Normal/Ghost walls walling your beloved Fighting/Ghost mons? Solution, run Ghost/Fighting/Dark coverage, all of a sudden, resist don't exist anymore. Knock Off is unfortunately not a thing anymore, so primary Fighting or Ghost-types that learn Dark Pulse, Crunch, or Night Slash are quite good if you want to beat down Blissey and friends.

Tapu Bulu @ Stone Plate
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Head Smash
- Horn Leech / Swords Dance
- Superpower / Swords Dance
This is the dictionary definition of D A M A G E.

Klinklang @ Earth Plate
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Precipice Blades / Thousand Arrows / Thousand Waves
- Wild Charge
- Shift Gear
*GASP* A META WHERE KLINKLANG DOESN'T COMPLETELY SUCK BECAUSE IT'S COVERAGE IS TRASH. I mean, it still might, but my point is, Steel/Ground/Electric is prefect neutral coverage (minus Shedinja, but that's banned) and Shift Gear is REALLY good, so all in all, great for Klinklang. Speaking of Shift Gear...

Magearna @ Earth Plate
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon / Fleur Cannon
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Shift Gear
Yeah, this is probably the better Steel/Ground Shift Gear user. Steel/Ground/Electric and Fairy/Ground/Electric both have perfect neutral coverage, so you pick what you want to hit.

Kyurem-Black @ Earth Plate
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Precipice Blades / Thousand Arrows
- Fusion Bolt / Iron Head
- Hone Claws
lol

Manaphy @ Zap Plate
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Perfect neutral coverage with Tail Glow anyone?

Volcanion @ Earth Plate
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shore Up
- Earth Power
- Spikes / Will-O-Wisp
This really isn't the best example of how good Fire/Ground + a Water immunity is, but Primal Groudon is obviously banned and there are no other primary Fire or Ground-types with Water Absorb or Storm Drain, so we're just gonna have to deal with this.

Avalugg @ Splash Plate / Toxic Plate
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Avalanche
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Roar / Earthquake
Ice/Water: 4 weaknesses, 2 resistances
Ice/Poison: 5 weaknesses, 5 resistances
(Ice/Electric is also meh)
Better than pure Ice, so Avalugg becomes at least somewhat usable.

Alomomola @ Earth Plate
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Wish / Shore Up
- Protect / Spikes
- Toxic
It's Tapu Fini, but with WishPass and the ability Poison and Burn things and way more passive. Stall will appreciate this if they don't want Misty Terrain in the way.

Celesteela @ Meadow Plate / Insect Plate / Sky Plate / Pixie Plate
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis / Heal Order / Roost / Moonlight
- Flamethrower
Great, now Celesteela can be an annoying wall in 4 ways. Just what I needed....

Weezing @ Iron Plate
Calm Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Flamethrower / Taunt / Toxic Spikes
Poison/Steel + Levitate: 1 weakness, 9 resistances, 1 immunity
DON'T SLEEP ON WEEZING GUYS (Yes, Bronzong can do this too, shut up about it).

Last edited:
This was a meta back in ORAS, although I have made a few changes.

TCG Mons

Premise:
Pokemon have the typing they would have in the Trading Card Game. The TCG has less types than the main series, with several types being absorbed into others. Here's a table of how it breaks down:

TCG Type Game Type
Grass Grass & Bug
Fire Fire
Water Water & Ice
Electric Electric
Fighting Fighting, Ground & Rock
Psychic Psychic, Ghost & Poison
Normal Normal & Flying
Dark Dark
Steel Steel
Dragon Dragon
Fairy Fairy

So, in this meta Volcarona would be Grass / Fire type while Gengar would be pure Psychic type. Bug type moves now become Grass type; Ice moves now become Water type and so on and so forth.

Banlist: OU Banlist
Clauses: OU Clauses

Buffed Pokemon

Grass-types

With Bug, Poison, Ice and Flying types all being absorbed, Grass types now essentially only have one weakness: Fire. Tapu Bulu loses its X4 weakness, Abomasnow-Mega has no weaknesses at all and good bulk, while Tangrowth can tank neutral hits all day.

Electric-types

With the Ground-type no longer existing, Electric-type moves now have some of the best neutral coverage around, with only 3 types resisting them and only Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod and Motor Drive users being immune. Oh, and pure Electric-types have no weaknesses at all.

Fire-types

With Rock and Ground types being absorbed into the Fighting type, they just lost 2 of their weakensses. As Stealth Rock now deals Fighting type damage, they are no longer weak to it unless they are part Normal, Dark or Steel.

Normal-types

With the Ghost-type being gone, and Rock absorbed into Fighting, they are only resisted by 1 type (Steel) and nothing is outright immune. Normal is Dragon 2.0.

Nerfed Pokemon

Landorus-T

The king of OU has been dethroned - with its Flying-typing being replaced with Normal, it gains Grass and Fighting type weaknesses and loses its Ground immunity. The Fighting types it used to check can now smash it to bits, and of course it's now weak to Stealth Rock.

Skarmory and Celesteela

While they previously had fantastic defensive typing, now they possess a bad X4 Fighting weakness, meaning they now take 50% damage from Stealth Rock.

Q&A

What about Sandstorm and Hail?

Sandstorm is now a Fighting type move, and damages all types except Fighting and Steel. Fighting types gain a +1 Special Defence boost from it. Hail damages all types except Water.

What about entry hazards?

Stealth Rock now deals Fighting-type damage, so Bisharp goes from taking 5% to 50%. Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Sticky Web still work in the same way - however, with the Flying types and Poison types being gone they are now much more threatening. Although on the flip side, with the Ghost type gone nothing's immune to Rapid Spin anymore (apart from Shedinja I guess).

How about Abilities that interract with the types that are now gone?

They are moved over to the types that absorbed them. Thick Fat now halves Fire- and Water-type damage; Levitate provides an immunity to Fighting type moves; Swarm is essentially Overgrow with a different name and Aerilate simply gives a 1.2X power boost to Normal type moves. Refrigerate turns Normal-type moves into Water-type moves and gives them a 1.2X boost.

Is there a list of how the OU Pokemon have changed?

Yep, right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_X29DNUVW-fh1mrsLyk10h8ad3zcSXblD6k-bPBnbE/edit?usp=sharing
I forgot to mention Mega Heracross, but I did mention regular Heracross and Buzzwole which have the same typing. It becomes Grass / Fighting.

So what do you think?

Last edited:

TGC Mons

Premise:
Pokemon have the typing they would have in the Trading Card Game. The TGC has less types than the main series, with several types being absorbed into others. Here's a table of how it breaks down:

TGC Type ------ Game Type
Grass Grass & Bug
Fire Fire
Water Water & Ice
Electric Electric
Normal Normal & Flying
Dark Dark
Steel Steel
Dragon Dragon
Fairy Fairy

So, in this meta Volcarona would be Grass / Fire type while Gengar would be pure Psychic type. Bug type moves now become Grass type; Ice moves now become Water type and so on and so forth.

Buffed Pokemon

Grass-types

With Bug, Poison, Ice and Flying types all being absorbed, Grass types now essentially only have one weakness: Fire. Tapu Bulu loses its X4 weakness, Abomasnow-Mega has no weaknesses at all and good bulk, while Tangrowth can tank neutral hits all day.

Electric-types

With the Ground-type no longer existing, Electric-type moves now have some of the best neutral coverage around, with only 3 types resisting them and only Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod and Motor Drive users being immune. Volt Turn is much more threatening!

Fire-types

With Rock and Ground types being absorbed into the Fighting type, they just lost 2 of their weakensses. As Stealth Rock now deals Fighting type damage, they are no longer weak to it unless they are part Normal, Dark or Steel.

Normal-types

With the Ghost-type being gone, and Rock absorbed into Fighting, they are only resisted by 1 type (Steel) and nothing is outright immune. Normal is Dragon 2.0.

Nerfed Pokemon

Landorus-T

The king of OU has been dethroned - with its Flying-typing being replaced with Normal, it gains Grass and Fighting type weaknesses and loses its Ground immunity. The Fighting types it used to check can now smash it to bits, and of course it's now weak to Stealth Rock.

Skarmory and Celesteela

While they previously had fantastic defensive typing, now they possess a bad X4 Fighting weakness, meaning they now take 50% damage from Stealth Rock.

Q&A

Sandstorm is now a Fighting type move, and damages all types except Fighting and Steel. Fighting types gain a +1 Special Defence boost from it. Hail damages all types except Water.

Stealth Rock now deals Fighting-type damage, so Bisharp goes from taking 5% to 50%. Spikes, Toxic Spikes and Sticky Web still work in the same way - however, with the Flying types and Poison types being gone they are now much more threatening. Although on the flip side, with the Ghost type gone nothing's immune to Rapid Spin anymore (apart from Shedinja I guess).

They are moved over to the types that absorbed them. Thick Fat now halves Fire- and Water-type damage; Levitate provides an immunity to Fighting type moves; Swarm is essentially Chlorophyll with a different name and Aerilate simply gives a 1.2X power boost to Normal type moves. Refrigerate turns Normal-type moves into Water-type moves and gives them a 1.2X boost.

Yep, right here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q_X29DNUVW-fh1mrsLyk10h8ad3zcSXblD6k-bPBnbE/edit?usp=sharing
I forgot to mention Mega Heracross, but I did mention regular Heracross and Buzzwole which have the same typing. It becomes Grass / Fighting.

So what do you think?
tcg not tgc lol
trading game card

TGC Mons

Premise:
Pokemon have the typing they would have in the Trading Card Game. The TGC has less types than the main series, with several types being absorbed into others. Here's a table of how it breaks down:

TGC Type ------ Game Type
Grass Grass & Bug
Fire Fire
Water Water & Ice
Electric Electric
Normal Normal & Flying
Dark Dark
Steel Steel
Dragon Dragon
Fairy Fairy

Buffed Pokemon

Grass-types

Electric-types

With the Ground-type no longer existing, Electric-type moves now have some of the best neutral coverage around, with only 3 types resisting them and only Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod and Motor Drive users being immune. Volt Turn is much more threatening!

Fire-types

Normal-types

Nerfed Pokemon

Landorus-T

Skarmory and Celesteela

Q&A

They are moved over to the types that absorbed them. Thick Fat now halves Fire- and Water-type damage; Levitate provides an immunity to Fighting type moves; Swarm is essentially Chlorophyll with a different name and Aerilate simply gives a 1.2X power boost to Normal type moves. Refrigerate turns Normal-type moves into Water-type moves and gives them a 1.2X boost.

So what do you think?
I've noticed that now dragonite gets stab on Espeed. (ban that shit pls)

If you try to make a set that includes Stealth Rock [Ground], does that work the way you'd want it to if you're bothering to use a typed moveslot on that?

Is using a nickname like "Rock/Rock" legal, to get double STAB (and double type matchups) even on single-typed Pokemon?

Is "???" a legal type for eschewing type matchups entirely?

Suppose I have a Mew named "Fairy/Ghost" with Psychic in its first moveslot. Which of the following Z-crystals, if any, should it be allowed to upgrade that to a Z-move with: Psychium Z, Fairium Z, Ghostium Z, Mewnium Z? What type is the resulting move supposed to be in each case?

It's worth noting that Hawlucha doesn't actually get "double STAB" on Flying Press under regular rules, so you might want to reconsider that mechanic. Otherwise, you get stuff like this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow (double STAB) Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 357-420 (104.6 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Then there's Noivern, which doesn't have an ability like Scrappy to counteract the immunity, but it does get not just STAB Boomburst but double-STAB Boomburst, making it (with Specs) better than 50-50 to KO uninvested Arceus.
No, Stealth rock will always factor rock weakness.
Rock/Rock is not legal.
No, ??? is not legal.
Looking at that dmg calc, I guess double STAB has to go out the window :(

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

TCG Mons

Premise:
Pokemon have the typing they would have in the Trading Card Game. The TCG has less types than the main series, with several types being absorbed into others. Here's a table of how it breaks down:

TCG Type Game Type
Grass Grass & Bug
Fire Fire
Water Water & Ice
Electric Electric
Normal Normal & Flying
Dark Dark
Steel Steel
Dragon Dragon
Fairy Fairy

Buffed Pokemon

Grass-types

Electric-types

With the Ground-type no longer existing, Electric-type moves now have some of the best neutral coverage around, with only 3 types resisting them and only Volt Absorb, Lightning Rod and Motor Drive users being immune. Oh, and pure Electric-types have no weaknesses at all.

Fire-types

Normal-types

Nerfed Pokemon

Landorus-T

Skarmory and Celesteela

Q&A

They are moved over to the types that absorbed them. Thick Fat now halves Fire- and Water-type damage; Levitate provides an immunity to Fighting type moves; Swarm is essentially Overgrow with a different name and Aerilate simply gives a 1.2X power boost to Normal type moves. Refrigerate turns Normal-type moves into Water-type moves and gives them a 1.2X boost.

So what do you think?
I always loved this idea (I was the one to host it last gen after all lol) but my biggest concern is it never got off the ground (iirc the original thread only had like 2-3 pages of posts) which means it will be hard to justify becoming a full-fledged OM (since we want the OM itself as well as the thread to be active). Fwiw, this was also deemed very similar to Inverse (which idk if it is still a thing this gen, but if not then cool) so it may face competition even though I personally like this more than Inverse just because of the "unique" mechanic change.

Hi guys, just thought of a new OM, so I'd better post it.
Basically it's Mix&Mega, just that you use normal Evolution instead of Megas or Primal Reversions.
The new Pokemon will get any typing, stat, ability, weight and movepool changes.
The evolution will get the evolution based off of it's nickname with it being Pre-evolution dex no. / Evolution dex no.
After the nickname, you must write the ability number with a #
For example, if I have a Blissey with the nickname 90/91#1, then I will have a Blissey with a +20 HP/+30 Atk/+80 Def/+40 SpA/ +20 SpD/+30 Spe
because Number 90 in the Pokedex is Shellder and Number 91 is Cloyster. So it gets all of Cloyster's stat changes. As for it's ability, it will get Shell Armor. Note: that if I had put #2 Blissey would have gotten Skill link and if I put #3 it would get Overcoat which is Cloyster's hiddden ability.
Blissey's typing would change because Shellder becomes Water/Ice from Water upon evolving, so Blissey would become a Normal/Ice type.
The name for this could be Cross Evolution or Evolution Blends.
Hope you like the idea. Post a reply for questions or comments! Have a nice Day!

Basically it's Mix&Mega, just that you use normal Evolution instead of Megas or Primal Reversions.
The new Pokemon will get any typing, stat, ability, weight and movepool changes.
The evolution will get the evolution based off of it's nickname with it being Pre-evolution dex no. / Evolution dex no.
For example, if I have a Blissey with the nickname 90/91#1, then I will have a Blissey with a +20 HP/+30 Atk/+80 Def/+40 SpA/ +20 SpD/+30 Spe
because Number 90 in the Pokedex is Shellder and Number 91 is Cloyster. So it gets all of Cloyster's stat changes. As for it's ability, it will get Shell Armor. Note: that if I had put #2 Blissey would have gotten Skill link and if I put #3 it would get Overcoat which is Cloyster's hiddden ability.
Blissey's typing would change because Shellder becomes Water/Ice from Water upon evolving, so Blissey would become a Normal/Ice type.
Hope you like the idea. Post a reply for questions or comments! Have a nice Day!
There's already a metagame like that called Cross Evolution :/

There's already a metagame like that called Cross Evolution :/
The method of cross evolving is also far more convenient in the actual Cross Evolution; you just choose the name of the pokemon you would like to evolve into.

Hey guys, id like to suggest a simple yet I think fun OM.

Double Items

Everyone gets to hold two items. You can go Scarf/Specs, Band/Z-move, AV/leftovers etc or double down on an item. This would also mean that megas get to hold an item.

A big thing to figure out would be wether Knock Off takes both items or one at a time. If it takes both, wether it should get an extra power boost from the second item, same for stuff like Acrobatics and Unburden.

Hey guys, id like to suggest a simple yet I think fun OM.

Double Items

Everyone gets to hold two items. You can go Scarf/Specs, Band/Z-move, AV/leftovers etc or double down on an item. This would also mean that megas get to hold an item.

A big thing to figure out would be wether Knock Off takes both items or one at a time. If it takes both, wether it should get an extra power boost from the second item, same for stuff like Acrobatics and Unburden.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/dual-wielding.3608611/

Noticing a concerning pattern of people posting "new ideas" in here without having put the slightest effort into seeing if they already exist (three times in one page). I think it should go without saying that one should familiarize oneself with the index before posting here, both to make sure that one's idea is truly original and to ensure that it doesn't remotely resemble one of the "commonly rejected" metagame ideas in imas's third post in that thread.

The method of cross evolving is also far more convenient in the actual Cross Evolution; you just choose the name of the pokemon you would like to evolve into.
I just thought that for some names you might not have enough room to write. For example Dragonair/Dragonite wouldn't have enough room. So, I think dex no. are better.
As for the name, I have suggested 2, so we'll use the other one.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I just thought that for some names you might not have enough room to write. For example Dragonair/Dragonite wouldn't have enough room. So, I think dex no. are better.
As for the name, I have suggested 2, so we'll use the other one.
So you want to have a completely separate metagame just because adding the mon's name for a nickname might be too long? (which it isn't, unless it's Basculin-Blue-Striped, which doesn't evolve in the first place)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)