Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i get thoughts?
Seems like it would be way too easy to snowball -- once something gets a kill, it'll be a LOT harder for the opposing team to stop with their Little cup mons. That said, the idea of mons evolving (rather than devolving) over the course of the game is appealing, since it makes players balance a mon's pre-evolution performance with post-evolution performance.

So, how about this: Whenever a 'mon on your team is KO'd, the mon you send out next evolves. So if the opponent scores a KO, you can send out your Larvesta next and have it turn into Volcarona. But if that Volcarona gets a KO, your opponent's Frogadier will evolve into Greninja, which can drop it with a scarfed Rock Slide. There would be a lot more tit-for-tat, and games would more often take the form of starting with early-stage mons and ending with fully evolved mons.

Well, Nor for every type (Fighting type Weather?? What???) But most types hopefully!
c'mon, you GOTTA make this for every weather! that would be so sick.

pazza

Banned deucer.
Seems like it would be way too easy to snowball -- once something gets a kill, it'll be a LOT harder for the opposing team to stop with their Little cup mons. That said, the idea of mons evolving (rather than devolving) over the course of the game is appealing, since it makes players balance a mon's pre-evolution performance with post-evolution performance.

So, how about this: Whenever a 'mon on your team is KO'd, the mon you send out next evolves. So if the opponent scores a KO, you can send out your Larvesta next and have it turn into Volcarona. But if that Volcarona gets a KO, your opponent's Frogadier will evolve into Greninja, which can drop it with a scarfed Rock Slide. There would be a lot more tit-for-tat, and games would more often take the form of starting with early-stage mons and ending with fully evolved mons.
yea sounds p good

yea sounds p good
Yeah, what if evolutions with a mid evolution get to start with their mid evolution? That would keep from having such a disparity between 'mons that only have two evolutionary stages vs. 'mons with three evolutionary stages. Also, would Mega Evolutions be counted as a fourth evolutionary stage? :D

pazza

Banned deucer.
Yeah, what if evolutions with a mid evolution get to start with their mid evolution? That would keep from having such a disparity between 'mons that only have two evolutionary stages vs. 'mons with three evolutionary stages. Also, would Mega Evolutions be counted as a fourth evolutionary stage? :D
ye but they can mega when they get there final evo!

Last edited by a moderator:
(pet Mod)
Half Completed Please help me come up with a better name)
1-2 pokemon will be chosen for a slate and you have to nerf them or buff them depending what form they are considered and what tier they are in. By moving stats subtracting stats changing typing.
Give the means of activation for the Complete form, or if its out of battle.

Name: Yveltal-50%
New Type:

New Stats Distribution
HP:
Atk:69
Def:100
SpAtk:69
SpDef:100
Spd:108
Bst:572

Uber=100%
Ou=50%
UU and below=10%

Different Percentages being a thing like only give 100% and 50% or 4 forms like 100%,75%,50%,25%
Signature Move for each form

Thoughts?
Anyway I can improve the idea?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I thought of a new OM!
Basically, all Pokemon's Base Stats are the the highest of that stat in the game minus it's stat plus 1.
If you didn't know, the max Base Stats for all stats are 255/190/230/194/230/180
So the lower a Pokemon's stats are normally, the higher they will be in this OM.
For example: Magnezone's base stats are usually 70/70/115/130/90/60. However in this metagame they would be, 255 - 70 + 1=186 HP / 190 - 70 + 1=121 Atk / 230 - 115 + 1 Def=116 Def / 194 - 130 + 1=65 SpA / 230 - 90 + 1=141 SpD / 180 - 60 + 1=121 Spe.
I think this OM should be Ubers-based (though I doubt anyone will be using Uber Pokemon)
Bans: Eviolite, Pure Power, Huge Power, Fur Coat, Sunkern (yes I know), Foul Play
Note: Shedinja's HP is always hardcored to 1
Note: Mega Evolution's and other forms will take into account the stats of the form it is in currently
I think the name should be Underdogs or Baby's Revenge because in my opinion they are funny and quite fitting.
I hope you like this idea. If you have any suggestions, post a reply or PM me on Pokemon Showdown (my name is: Insane Mangoes) and I will be sure to take your thoughts into consideration.

Hi guys, I thought of a new OM!
Basically, all Pokemon's Base Stats are the the highest of that stat in the game minus it's stat plus 1.
If you didn't know, the max Base Stats for all stats are 255/190/230/194/230/180
So the lower a Pokemon's stats are normally, the higher they will be in this OM.
For example: Magnezone's base stats are usually 70/70/115/130/90/60. However in this metagame they would be, 255 - 70 + 1=186 HP / 190 - 70 + 1=121 Atk / 230 - 115 + 1 Def=116 Def / 194 - 130 + 1=65 SpA / 230 - 90 + 1=141 SpD / 180 - 60 + 1=121 Spe.
I think this OM should be Ubers-based (though I doubt anyone will be using Uber Pokemon)
Bans: Eviolite, Pure Power, Huge Power, Fur Coat, Sunkern (yes I know), Foul Play
Note: Shedinja's HP is always hardcored to 1
Note: Mega Evolution's and other forms will take into account the stats of the form it is in currently
I think the name should be Underdogs or Baby's Revenge because in my opinion they are funny and quite fitting.
I hope you like this idea. If you have any suggestions, post a reply or PM me on Pokemon Showdown (my name is: Insane Mangoes) and I will be sure to take your thoughts into consideration.
This is very similar to the negative metagame from last gen:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/the-negative-metagame-playable-on-aqua.3529936/

Hey, so I've been thinking about this metagame for a while.
The concept is, that the Pokemon's move on the first slot can be any typing that you want it to. The moves type will be based off of your nickname for your Pokemon.
For example: I have a Weavile with the moves Icicle Crash/Knock Off/Fake Out/Low Kick and the nickname Flying. Weavile can now use a powerful and fast Flying-type move for Bug or Fighting-types. This can lead to some unexpected advantages against other Pokemon like Buzzwole and Heracross.
You can also run dual-type moves like Flying Press where the type effectivenesses are taken into account together. For example: I have a Dragonite with the Moves Outrage/Dragon Dance/Ice Punch/Aqua Jet and the nickname Steel/Fairy. A few Dragon dances into Outrage should KO stuff even without STAB and Steel/Fairy covers all of Dragonite's weaknesses which are Dragon, Ice, Fairy and Rock. This set can pretty much destroy stuff easily as it has very few counters.
Note: Dual-type moves will gain double STAB if possible. For example: A Staraptor with the nickname: Normal/Flying will get double STAB for the move on it's first moveslot.
Note: Conversion will change the users type to the typing of the move in it's moveslot i.e. it's nickname.
Note: Multi-Attack, Judgement and Techno Blast's types cannot be changed if it has a Memory, Plate or Drive respectively.
Note: Revelation Dance's typing cannot be changed.
Note: If a Pokemon has no nickname or a nickname that is not the name of one or two types, it's move in the first moveslot will have it's original typing.
I think the name for this OM should be Surprise Power or Move Editor.

If you try to make a set that includes Stealth Rock [Ground], does that work the way you'd want it to if you're bothering to use a typed moveslot on that?

Is using a nickname like "Rock/Rock" legal, to get double STAB (and double type matchups) even on single-typed Pokemon?

Is "???" a legal type for eschewing type matchups entirely?

Suppose I have a Mew named "Fairy/Ghost" with Psychic in its first moveslot. Which of the following Z-crystals, if any, should it be allowed to upgrade that to a Z-move with: Psychium Z, Fairium Z, Ghostium Z, Mewnium Z? What type is the resulting move supposed to be in each case?

It's worth noting that Hawlucha doesn't actually get "double STAB" on Flying Press under regular rules, so you might want to reconsider that mechanic. Otherwise, you get stuff like this:
252 SpA Choice Specs Swellow (double STAB) Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 357-420 (104.6 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Then there's Noivern, which doesn't have an ability like Scrappy to counteract the immunity, but it does get not just STAB Boomburst but double-STAB Boomburst, making it (with Specs) better than 50-50 to KO uninvested Arceus.

Last edited:
What about this idea?
Compressed Power
first stage Pokémon gain 250 to Bst
second stage Pokémon gain 125 to Bst

Calculated using original stats and boosts them by equivalent amount
(yes I know its sorta like TS as it gives stat boosts to worse pokemon.)

Bans: Evolite
Possible Bans: Lightball, Type:Null.

Edit: due to the huge power difference first stage evolution's in evolution lines will be counted as mid evolutions, so it would read something like:

125 is added to the bst for every evolution below the final evolution.

So for instance Vanillite would gain 250 into its stats how ever Vanillish would only get 125 and sadly our lord and Savior Vanilluxe does not get anything. And of coarse a big worry for a few people, Scyther would only get 125 how ever, that would make it outclass its evolution right? or maybe they server slightly different roles.

Last edited:

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
What about this idea?
Compressed Power
first stage Pokémon gain 250 to Bst
second stage Pokémon gain 150 to Bst

Calculated using original stats and boosts them by equivalent amount
(yes I know its sorta like TS as it gives stat boosts to worse pokemon.)

Bans:Chancey, Evolite
Possible Bans: Lightball, Type:Null.
I hope this doesn't sound rude, but this metagame just sounds like limited version of Scalemons and Tier Shift. Also, the banlist has to be WAY bigger than that, including but not limited to, Scyther, Sneasel, Tangela, Yanma, Gligar, and Murkrow.

Most of mons are good cause of evolite if you take it away they are just slightly bulkeir then there evolved counter parts
and some times the evo might be better cause of move pool. and it is some what close to scale mons except its not with the bst

I think that I might need to make it so 3 stages get 250 and two stages only get 150 that way things like sneasel and such (which are pretty good to begin with) are not stupidly broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)