Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi for the "potential bans and threats" could you please actually put in some potential bans and threats? this is because people don't want to look at a meta and have to think of all the good stuff themselves. it also draws attention to the meta if, say, krabby and kingler are really good or something crazy.

for this meta the examples you listed (happiny and porygon) seem to be reasonable threats, although i can't help wondering if having to use all three (as opposed to another, two stage family) would slow it down.
Sure.

Yes BoltBeam is almost perfect coverage, but it still requires some prediction. The opponent can still switch into a resist or a immunity if they predict right (for example, a scarf landorus can switch into a thunderbolt, then outspeed and KO Koko if it is the scarf variant. But lando would be killed if predicted wrong. In this mod, you need something bulky instead).
Do you dislike the existence of bulk?
I'd also like to mention for no reason in particular that less than 20% of landorus-therians are scarfed.

ManectricOP!, so it's an inverted version of benjamin butterfree?

Metagame premise: Genealogy: Only Pokemon in an evolutionary line can be used. All Pokemon in the evolutionary line must be used. The evolutionary line must be linear, i.e., it must only include one possible evolution. Mega Evolutions are part of the final evolution. An example team: Eevee, Vaporeon, Growlithe, Arcanine, Numel, Camerupt-Mega.
Potential bans and threats: Ubers, Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey.
Questions for the community: Does this sound like a fun metagame?
Sounds fun and good for meme teams What about movepool; should the mons only use moves limited to their evo line?

Metagame premise: Genealogy: Only Pokemon in an evolutionary line can be used. All Pokemon in the evolutionary line must be used. The evolutionary line must be linear, i.e., it must only include one possible evolution. Mega Evolutions are part of the final evolution. An example team: Eevee, Vaporeon, Growlithe, Arcanine, Numel, Camerupt-Mega.
Potential bans and threats: Ubers, Happiny, Chansey, and Blissey.
Questions for the community: Does this sound like a fun metagame?
Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to look through all the Pokémon by tier, and unless I missed something, there are only 6 NFE mons tiered NU or higher (Chansey, Gligar, Porygon 2, Sneasel, Rhydon, and Scyther). So if you want a team with 6 viable mons, you don't have a whole lot of options. I suspect a lot of people will choose to use good mons despite their subpar pre-evos and give those pre-evos stuff like toxic/hazards/foul play/seismic toss. Also, I'm not sure the Chansey line is a notable threat, since having Chansey means you only get two evolutionary lines instead of three, and also means you're likely to be destroyed by any physical set-up sweeper that has good coverage against your second evolutionary line.

Last edited by a moderator:
However, I wouldn't really play if I had to use every mon from the same evo line. It's very restrictive
This is a sample team:

Ninetales-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Moonblast
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse

Vulpix-Alola @ Eviolite
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Aurora Veil

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Brick Break

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Sandstorm
- Poison Jab

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Struggle Bug
- Sunny Day
- Toxic
- Safeguard

Since I had nothing better to do, I decided to look through all the Pokémon by tier, and unless I missed something, there are only 6 NFE mons tiered NU or higher (Chansey, Gligar, Porygon 2, Sneasel, Rhydon, and Scyther). So if you want a team with 6 viable mons, you don't have a whole lot of options. I suspect a lot of people will choose to use good mons despite their subpar pre-evos and give those pre-evos stuff like toxic/hazards/foul play/seismic toss. Also, I'm not sure the Chansey line is a notable threat, since having Chansey means you only get two evolutionary lines instead of three, and also means you're likely to be destroyed by any physical set-up sweeper that has good coverage against your second evolutionary line.
That is true, but a viable preevolution doesn't necessarily mean that its evolution is viable. Rhyperior is in RU, so Rhydon wouldn't be a viable pre-evo.

I agree with you about Chansey. :D

can i get thoughts?
I think that it would be too easy for evolved Pokemon to sweep. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to mention the following lines, all of which have at least two viable pokemon:

Scyther line
Sneasel line
Wobbufett line(assuming shadow tag is legal)
Aegislash line(assuming Aegislash is legal)
Ninetales-Alola line(if you're hail-obsessed)
Type:Null line(if you can make up for the poor movepool)
Tangrowth line

Would any of these lines be banned?

I'd like to mention the following lines, all of which have at least two viable pokemon:

Scyther line
Sneasel line
Wobbufett line(assuming shadow tag is legal)
Aegislash line(assuming Aegislash is legal)
Ninetales-Alola line(if you're hail-obsessed)
Type:Null line(if you can make up for the poor movepool)
Tangrowth line

Would any of these lines be banned?
Shadow Tag would be banned
Aegislash would be banned because Ubers will be banned
I really like the Scyther, Sneasel, and Ninetales-Alola lines.
Scyther could be paired with Scizor-M. :D

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Metagame premise:

a Pet Mod where Pokemon are adapted to better suit weather abilities / weather enhanced moves, this could be a change of ability, stat, type, move. another goal would be to introduce and vote on a few other weathers that could be created to balance others.
Potential bans and threats:
  • OU Clauses
  • None Currently (Subject to Change)
Questions for the community:
  • Would there be new abilities and moves for these new weathers?
  • Would Castform gain more forms based on this?

Metagame premise:

a Pet Mod where Pokemon are adapted to better suit weather abilities / weather enhanced moves, this could be a change of ability, stat, type, move. another goal would be to introduce and vote on a few other weathers that could be created to balance others.
  • OU Clauses
There would have to be new abilities and moves for the new weathers to make them on par with current ones. And I think Castform should even have a sandstorm form. It's not like it'd be broken with new forms.

I seem to recall that a pet mod that did this existed before though.

Metagame premise:

• OU Clauses
Oh goodness.
It would be sort of cool to have pokemon benefitting more from weather, sort of like how in some other games you can choose to play with different "factions" or "tribes" that each have different benefits and synergies. I'm sort of thinking that teams would end up with two or three weather setters if weather is too strong. Would there be a weather for every type like how a certain other pet mod introduces terrains for every type?

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist
Oh goodness.
It would be sort of cool to have pokemon benefitting more from weather, sort of like how in some other games you can choose to play with different "factions" or "tribes" that each have different benefits and synergies. I'm sort of thinking that teams would end up with two or three weather setters if weather is too strong. Would there be a weather for every type like how a certain other pet mod introduces terrains for every type?
Well, Nor for every type (Fighting type Weather?? What???) But most types hopefully!

Metagame premise:

• OU Clauses
That sounds like an awesome idea. Would you consider adding terrains?

Mirrormons
Metagame Premise:
you take a pokemon's stat and mirror it at the middle, for example, shuckle: 20/10/230/230/10/20
Potential bans and Threats: Rampardos, as it would get 97/165/60/60/165/97, a fairly fast heavy hitter, and Kartana, with 59/181/131/131/181/59, a strong tank with a good typing
Questions for the community: what way should the stats mirror?

Mirrormons
Metagame Premise:
you take a pokemon's stat and mirror it at the middle, for example, shuckle: 20/10/230/230/10/20
Potential bans and Threats: Rampardos, as it would get 97/165/60/60/165/97, a fairly fast heavy hitter, and Kartana, with 59/181/131/131/181/59, a strong tank with a good typing
I think that maybe it should be:

(HP[5/7]+Spd)/2
(Atk+Sp Atk)/2
(Def+Sp Def)/2
(Def+Sp Def)/2
(Atk+Sp Atk)/2
(HP[5/7]+Spd)/2

That would keep the metagame from having so many Pokemon being unviable because their HP, Atk, or Def is low. :D

pazza

Banned deucer.
Mirrormons
Metagame Premise:
Shuckle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Counters aren't real

Mirrormons
Metagame Premise:
It should be that if the pokemon is shiny, then the stats will be mirrored backwards. I mean, for examples kartana's stats 59/181/131/59/31/109 will normally be 59/181/131/131/181/59 in this meta, but if kartana is shiny then the stats will be 109/31/59/59/31/109 (obviously removing the shinylock on every pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)