Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
After discussing it on PS, I've decided to ban Regigigas and Slaking, and to unban Aegislash, Blaziken Landorus, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gengar, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Lucario, Mega Metagross, and Mega Salamence. Pretty much all of those Pokemon had their ability as a huge factor in them being banned. However, I'm still a bit worried about Mega Lucario since it gets Aerilate as a replacement for Adaptabiltiy, which is another strong ability, especially when paired with Extreme Speed. However, I don't think Aerilate on its own is enough to justify it starting out banned, even if it could lead to a ban in the future.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
A few more mons that seem kinda fun:

Aerilate Crawdaunt / Mega Lucario, both gaining coverage against Fighting

Croagunk and Ferrothorn get Arena Trap, but I'll assuma that's banned (Do they get then Aroma Veil, or do banned abilities just keep being banned and too bad for whatever gets them?)

Ash Greninja gets Beast Boost, which is at the least a good threat

Kecleon has Comatose. Too bad it can't do anything with that

Contrary Quiver Dance Butterfree yay

Corrosion Shuckle.

Dry Skin Mega Zard Y sounds painful.

Alolan Persian and Furfrou think they are birbs.

Guts Bulu is... An option, I guess.

Iron Barbs Lando-T makes Rocky Helmet sets more viable

Liquid Vocie Round Tentacruel, yeeee

Moxie Electivire sounds decent.

Parental Bond Mudsdale / Lilligant

Pixielate Weavile for better coverage against Fighting

Alolan Muk has Pranster Disable, Gastro Acid, Memento, Pain Split and Taunt. It's pretty nice, actually.

Protean Necrozma is... a thing? It gets a pretty fine coverage now in USUM.

Refrigerate Hitmonlee / Mienshao for Flying Types

Serene Grace Body Slam Headbutt Miltank

Shadow Shield Chansey

Sheer Force Scrafty with Crunch

Shellder with Slow Start, which will dominate the meta

Bastiodon has Speed Boost with 30 Base Speed.

Stakeout Mega Blaziken

Tough Claws Feraligatr / Swampert / Samurott (Maybe Simipour)

WATER BUBBLE VOLCANION. I hope WB is banned and I just didn't see it.

Excadrill sets sand now so if it is used as a lead he sets up rocks and can go into sand rush mega garchomp, who evolves from a regular garchomp with a grass immunity that gives him +1 attack. With an SD boost, that's basically gg.
Imposter should definitely be banned, letting you get a free upgraded version of any enemy mon is way too good.
Any infiltrator mons get innards out, very useful.
Naganadel and pheromosa might be balanced, both used to rely on getting a speed boost to outspeed threats, but i'm not entirely sure.
Delta stream thundurus, where is your god now?

Augmented Abilities

Metagame premise
Pokemon will be allowed to give up their item for a second ability, sort of like a reverse Dual Wielding. The Pokemon allowed in the metagame must be from NU or lower, to prevent crazy Pokemon like Adaptability V-Create Victini or Sand Stream + Sand Rush Excadrill. The idea is to inspire some creativity in builds for lower tier pokemon, and to further augment their existing abilities.

Bans
  • Arena Trap/Shadow Tag: I don't really need to say much here.
  • Contrary: Yeah, no, that's not happening.
  • Fluffy/Fur Coat: Double defense with no draw backs is just too strong, and Fluffy's fire weakness could be easily mitigated by slapping it on Pokemon like Slowbro and Druddigon
  • Huge/Pure Power: Also doesnt require elaboration.
  • Imposter: Imposter Guzzlord anyone? No? Didn't think so.
  • Moody: Ahaha NOPE.
  • Simple: I think you get the gist by now.
  • Water Bubble: Because stuff like Adaptability + Water Bubble Basculin would exist.
  • Wonder Guard: Wonder Guard + Levitate Eelektross sounds like a wonderful idea, no?
  • Medicham: The only non-NFE pokemon with Pure/Huge Power in NU, Medicham could be incredibly dangerous with abilities like Iron Fist to augment Bullet and Drain punch, Scrappy so ghosts can't switch into High Jump Kick, and Adaptability to deal sky high damage.
Potential Bans.
  • Bibarel: Probably not likely to happen, but there are so many options for Bibarel it's ridiculous. Adaptability for pure damage, Mold Breaker to ignore unaware pokemon, Unaware to ignore buffed pokemon, Tough Claws as a sort of better life orb, or Moxie for maximizing attack without wasting a turn.
  • Serene Grace: Moves like Scald, Body Slam, Discharge, Hurricane, and Iron Head seem like they could be incredibly annoying, maybe to the point where the meta becomes almost entirely dependent on RNG.
  • Speed Boost: I can't think of any Pokemon that can abuse it, but I think it's worth keeping an eye on.
Potential Threats.

Victreebel @ Desolate Land
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Solar Beam
- Growth
- Weather Ball
- Sucker Punch

Boy is eternal sun great. Double speed, 120 BP stab move, perfect neutral coverage, an incredible offensive boosting move, and priority. What's not to love?

Slowbro @ Magic Bounce
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Not only is Slowbro's matchup against knock off users much better, it now can deflect crippling status moves and hazards, making it a premier wall in the metagame. You could also run this with Comatose to prevent Slowbro from getting statused, Intimidate to augment Slowbro's natural bulk, or Unaware to prevent set-up sweepers from plowing through your team.

Scrafty @ Beast Boost
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Iron Head

Score a kill with this behemoth after 1 dragon dance and you are almost guaranteed a sweep. Moxie + Beast Boost give Scrafty a pseudo-swords dance after a kill, boosting it's attack to crazy heights and making it almost unstoppable.

Malamar @ Prankster
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Topsy-Turvy
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Oh boy oh boy this is fun. You get to completely ruin any sweepers day, with a simple tap of a button. Enemy too strong? Topsy-Turvy. Catch them going for a boost? Foul Play. Want to stop them in their tracks? Taunt. Or maybe put them on a timer? Toxic. You could also run Contrary + Superpower to deal with dark types, but I prefer infiltrator to bypass substitutes.

Questions for the Community:
  • Is losing the item slot too loose of a penalty?
  • Would you rather that the metagame consisted of Pokemon from the OU pool rather than the NU pool?
  • Is the name misleading? I couldn't think of anything good.
  • Would this metagame get bland quickly? If so, what tweaks could be made to prevent this?
  • Should Mega Evolutions be banned? The only one in NU is Mega Audino, so I don't know if it's worth keeping them around.
  • Would could be done to make this metagame more unique?

Last edited:

Augmented Abilities

Metagame premise
Pokemon will be allowed to give up their item for a second ability, sort of like a reverse Dual Wielding. The Pokemon allowed in the metagame must be from NU or lower, to prevent crazy Pokemon like Adaptability V-Create Victini or Sand Stream + Sand Rush Excadrill. The idea is to inspire some creativity in builds for lower tier pokemon, and to further augment their existing abilities.

Bans
  • Arena Trap/Shadow Tag: I don't really need to say much here.
  • Contrary: Yeah, no, that's not happening.
  • Fluffy/Fur Coat: Double defense with no draw backs is just too strong, and Fluffy's fire weakness could be easily mitigated by slapping it on Pokemon like Slowbro and Druddigon
  • Huge/Pure Power: Also doesnt require elaboration.
  • Imposter: Imposter Guzzlord anyone? No? Didn't think so.
  • Moody: Ahaha NOPE.
  • Simple: I think you get the gist by now.
  • Water Bubble: Because stuff like Adaptability + Water Bubble Basculin would exist.
  • Wonder Guard: Wonder Guard + Levitate Eelektross sounds like a wonderful idea, no?
  • Medicham: The only non-NFE pokemon with Pure/Huge Power in NU, Medicham could be incredibly dangerous with abilities like Iron Fist to augment Bullet and Drain punch, Scrappy so ghosts can't switch into High Jump Kick, and Adaptability to deal sky high damage.
Potential Bans.
  • Bibarel: Probably not likely to happen, but there are so many options for Bibarel it's ridiculous. Adaptability for pure damage, Mold Breaker to ignore unaware pokemon, Unaware to ignore buffed pokemon, Tough Claws as a sort of better life orb, or Moxie for maximizing attack without wasting a turn.
  • Serene Grace: Moves like Scald, Body Slam, Discharge, Hurricane, and Iron Head seem like they could be incredibly annoying, maybe to the point where the meta becomes almost entirely dependent on RNG.
  • Speed Boost: I can't think of any Pokemon that can abuse it, but I think it's worth keeping an eye on.
Potential Threats.

Victreebel @ Desolate Land
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Solar Beam
- Growth
- Weather Ball
- Sucker Punch

Boy is eternal sun great. Double speed, 120 BP stab move, perfect neutral coverage, an incredible offensive boosting move, and priority. What's not to love?

Slowbro @ Magic Bounce
Ability: Regenerator
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Not only is Slowbro's matchup against knock off users much better, it now can deflect crippling status moves and hazards, making it a premier wall in the metagame. You could also run this with Comatose to prevent Slowbro from getting statused, Intimidate to augment Slowbro's natural bulk, or Unaware to prevent set-up sweepers from plowing through your team.

Scrafty @ Beast Boost
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Iron Head

Score a kill with this behemoth after 1 dragon dance and you are almost guaranteed a sweep. Moxie + Beast Boost give Scrafty a pseudo-swords dance after a kill, boosting it's attack to crazy heights and making it almost unstoppable.

Malamar @ Prankster
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Topsy-Turvy
- Foul Play
- Taunt

Oh boy oh boy this is fun. You get to completely ruin any sweepers day, with a simple tap of a button. Enemy too strong? Topsy-Turvy. Catch them going for a boost? Foul Play. Want to stop them in their tracks? Taunt. Or maybe put them on a timer? Toxic. You could also run Contrary + Superpower to deal with dark types, but I prefer infiltrator to bypass substitutes.

Questions for the Community:
  • Is losing the item slot too loose of a penalty?
  • Would you rather that the metagame consisted of Pokemon from the OU pool rather than the NU pool?
  • Is the name misleading? I couldn't think of anything good.
  • Would this metagame get bland quickly? If so, what tweaks could be made to prevent this?
  • Should Mega Evolutions be banned? The only one in NU is Mega Audino, so I don't know if it's worth keeping them around.
  • Would could be done to make this metagame more unique?
While this is an amazing meta it already exists in the name Multibility/Enchanted Items with the difference is urs limits an extra ability to only NU mons and below while multibility gives that option to all OU mons and below

And the even sadder part is that that meta got rejected already, so chances of urs being accepted isnt likely too

While this is an amazing meta it already exists in the name Multibility/Enchanted Items with the difference is urs limits an extra ability to only NU mons and below while multibility gives that option to all OU mons and below

And the even sadder part is that that meta got rejected already, so chances of urs being accepted isnt likely too
Oh rip didn’t realize they were a thing.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Grounded
Metagame premise
: Gravity in perpetual effect, Flying type altered to resist Ground, and Levitate mons given substitute abilities to compensate. [Full List after OM format]
Potential bans and threats: OU Banlist

Threats:
Flygon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Rush
- Fire Punch / Iron Tail
- Earthquake

(OO: Scarf w/ U-turn over Dragon Dance)
Flygon may have lost its signature Ground immunity, but as one tick faster than Hydreigon and Sheer Force boosts its Dragon Rush above Outrage as a damaging option. Fire Punch and Iron Tail are booth Sheer Force boosted, while EQ no longer has any immunities despite making Flygon take LO Recoil.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Crunch / Dragon Rush
- Superpower / Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

Hydreigon's no longer has Accuracy issues, and it can run 3 physical moves that get boosted by Hustle as well. Hydreigon is a major threat to all of the Psychic and Ghost Pokemon that received substitute abilities. Gravity even cancels out the Hustle Acc drop, granting Iron Tail 100 Acc to use against Fairy-types.

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Corrosion
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Pain Split

A Pokemon with Corrosion, actual defenses, and an aggravating way to restore HP. Big Smogon is something low-powered Steel types will learn to fear, and it's ability to reliably burn opponents it may not want to poison or shut down stall entirely are major boons. Ironically, it's biggest threat may be itself.

Mismagius @ Leftovers
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mean Look
- Perish Song
- Protect
- Pain Split

Immune to it's own Perish Song, you definitely don't want to get trapped by this.

Minor Threat Notes:
Anything with Spikes is generally more threatening, similarly Rapid Spin and Defog are also critical.
Z-Hypnosis Xurkitree now gets a 100% sleep and it can run Thunder over Tbolt, but of course its Ground weakness is much easier to exploit now.
Rotom-F and Cryogonal have Snow Warning (Cryo Snow Warning + Aurora Veil), Solrock has Drought.
Lunatone has 100 Acc Hypnosis with Bad Dreams.
Defensive Psychics: Bronzong has Filter, Claydol has Magic Bounce. Lake Trio each have Trace.
Wonder Skin on Latios/Latias in Gravity effectively makes all status moves targeting them 83.33% accurate.

Questions for the community:
Should the Gravity effect stay or should I instead go with just a slightly modified type chart?

This metagame flavor is a sort of "What-if if Pokemon lived in a world where gravity was too strong to really fly? How would they adapt?"
Gravity is chosen as an effect rather than solely modifying type chart around Ground because it makes play more interesting. While moves with greater damage output are made more common, Will-O-Wisp is also now a reliable physical stop. Leech Seed does not occasionally miss. Hypnosis and Grasswhistle become viable options for sleep that are not blocked by Grass typing or Overcoat. Fly effectively becomes useful only for a one-time Z-Move, and Hi Jump-Kick reliant Pokemon (Like Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham) are severely inhibited.
Generally speaking in the Substitutions list I tried to stay faithful to type or flavor (or if a mon had a prevo with an ability, use that one), but obviously.

Levitate Substitutions:
Gastly: Cursed Body
Haunter: Cursed Body
Koffing: Corrosion
Weezing: Corrosion
Misdreavus: Soundproof
Mismagius: Soundproof
Unown: Symbiosis
Vibrava: Sheer Force
Flygon: Sheer Force
Lunatone: Bad Dreams
Solrock: Drought
Baltoy: Magic Bounce
Claydol: Magic Bounce
Duskull: Pressure / Frisk
Chimecho: Prankster
Latias / M-Latias: Wonder Skin
Latios / M-Latios: Wonder Skin
Mismagius: Soundproof
Chingling: Prankster
Bronzor: Filter / Heatproof / Heavy Metal
Bronzong: Filter / Heatproof / Heavy Metal
Carnivine: Simple
Rotom: Motor Drive
Rotom-F: Snow Warning
Rotom-H: Flash Fire
Rotom-M: Sap Sipper
Rotom-S: Aerilate
Rotom-W: Water Absorb
Uxie: Trace
Mesprit: Trace
Azelf: Trace
Cresselia: Synchronize
Tynamo: Filter
Eelektrik: Strong Jaw
Eelektross: Tough Claws
Cryogonal: Snow Warning
Hydreigon: Hustle
Vikavolt: Tinted Lens

^ Yeah, arbitrary changes such as the type chart tweak of Flying resisting Ground and the ability changes make your metagame be considered a Pet Mod not an OM, but it's still fine, as Pet Mods will be gathering more attention with the upcoming Pet Mod Grand Slam. Overall, I find the concept interesting to say the least. But for real, why not Mega Launcher Hydreigon :)

Last edited:
Gravity is one of my favorite moves, which is why partly I posted "Field Frenzy" earlier in this thread. My idea was to get rid of the weakness of 5 turn field moves by making them automatic.

Under Everything Else it seems like "Intense Gravity" has been suggested before. Just without the resistance to ground part and the substituted abilities part. I don't know how different new suggestions have to be, but I thought I would just point this out.

Sticky web becomes a bit better in this OM. Lots of mons get Zap Cannon from Gen II, like Starmie, which could be cool. Inferno Victini sounds fun.

If gravity is permanent, I think I can see why flying types would have a resistance to ground. It's hard for me to say though, I like the idea of being able to hit skarmory with ground type moves super effectively. I think that whether or not the resistance should stay, depends on how strong ground moves become in this meta.

I do like the idea of permanent gravity.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Imo the Levitate substitutes could be chosen by the comunity. Tho I personally agree with most of the changes anyways.

I've seen the "use a plate to change your type" idea presented more than once in this thread, and I think it's a cool one, did anyone submit this meta yet? Or was it rejected for some reason? (Also, allowing shiny/non-shiny to change your type that changes with the plate is nice. Also, using gems (without their effect) might be better than plates, 'cause of Normal Gem.)

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
I've seen the "use a plate to change your type" idea presented more than once in this thread, and I think it's a cool one, did anyone submit this meta yet? Or was it rejected for some reason? (Also, allowing shiny/non-shiny to change your type that changes with the plate is nice. Also, using gems (without their effect) might be better than plates, 'cause of Normal Gem.)
Tfw no one remembers Silk Scarf & the rest of the type-boosting items exist

Well, I don't think anyone did submit it.

I did, and it was rejected. My meta was one where Pokémon who hold a plate change the secondary type to the plate type and can use two new moves which are the same type as the plate. This is what I was told by E4 Flint when the meta got rejected:
  • there is a tradeoff introduced that is either you have a usable item or you have a new type i.e. you have no Z-move or anything else. This trade-off is (imo) not enough to always select a new type meaning that there is a good chance that a significant number of mons will just be normal/standard sets. And if an OM encourages the use of standard sets over the ones that it introduces, then that's not a good OM
(For any mods reading, this is not meant to be rude whatsoever)

I truly think that allowing you to choose between changing your first or second type, and giving the mons access to any move of their chosen type should be good enough for most people to choose plate/type-item over any other item. That's basically true for most defensive mons (Leftovers/Eviolite is good, but getting a recovery move + a better typing is much better - you can create your own defensive core). Yeah, you may still want a scarfer, a mega or something, but with things like Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear, Dragon Dance, V-create, Shell Smash, Extreme Speed (I understand some of these could get banned), recovery moves, other priority moves, etc. there's more than enough reason to follow the meta rules.

See this core for example:

Sky Plate Registeel + Earth Plate Volcanion

Registeel (
) gets Roost and Defog, Volcanion (
) gets Shore Up and Spikes. This core is just an example of how you can combine these metagame mechanics to create extremely unique things.

There are also tons of options for offense:

Breakers:

Icicle Plate Xurkitree + Flame Plare Kartana

Xurkitree (
) gets a much appreciated second STAB - and access to STAB BoltBeam. This plus Tail Glow makes it an extremely powerful breaker. Kartana (
) + Swords Dance + V-create = destruction!

If Unaware is your problem, you can use one of the four "ignore your ability moves (Photon Geyser, Core Enforcer, Moongeist Beam or Sunsteel Strike) or use a Mold Breaker mon.

This one set seems like a pretty good stall breaker:

Xurkitree (
) not only gets Tail Glow + Moongeist Beam, allowing it to ignore Unaware (well, if they're not Normal-types), but also can set subs more safely against mons known for using Seismic Toss (Chansey/Blissey, but also possibly Registeel), avoiding getting statused. Now that I think about it, these "ignore your ability" moves might be too much.

There's also fast offensive mons, non-existent type-combinations , etc., but this post is already too long. All in all, I really think this meta deserves a chance, because with the right rules and bans, it seems like a fun, creative and open metagame.

Last edited:
I truly think that allowing you to choose between changing your first or second type, and giving the mons access to any move of their chosen type should be good enough for most people to choose plate/type-item over any other item. That's basically true for most defensive mons (Leftovers/Eviolite is good, but getting a recovery move + a better typing is much better - you can create your own defensive core). Yeah, you may still want a scarfer, a mega or something, but with things like Tail Glow, Quiver Dance, Shift Gear, Dragon Dance, V-create, Shell Smash, Extreme Speed (I understand some of these could get banned), recovery moves, other priority moves, etc. there's more than enough reason to follow the meta rules.

See this core for example:

Sky Plate Registeel + Earth Plate Volcanion

Registeel (
) gets Roost and Defog, Volcanion (
) gets Shore Up and Spikes. This core is just an example of how you can combine these metagame mechanics to create extremely unique things.

There are also tons of options for offense:

Breakers:

Icicle Plate Xurkitree + Flame Plare Kartana

Xurkitree (
) gets a much appreciated second STAB - and access to STAB BoltBeam. This plus Tail Glow makes it an extremely powerful breaker. Kartana (
) + Swords Dance + V-create = destruction!

If Unaware is your problem, you can use one of the four "ignore your ability moves (Photon Geyser, Core Enforcer, Moongeist Beam or Sunsteel Strike) or use a Mold Breaker mon.

This one set seems like a pretty good stall breaker:

Xurkitree (
) not only gets Tail Glow + Moongeist Beam, allowing it to ignore Unaware (well, if they're not Normal-types), but also can set subs more safely against mons known for using Seismic Toss (Chansey/Blissey, but also possibly Registeel), avoiding getting statused. Now that I think about it, these "ignore your ability" moves might be too much.

There's also fast offensive mons, non-existent type-combinations , etc., but this post is already too long. All in all, I really think this meta deserves a chance, because with the right rules and bans, it seems like a fun, creative and open metagame.
Yes it really does and im not only speaking out of my biased'ness for type changing metas

why would u use regular koko when u have electric/fire or electric/ice koko? Why would people use regular celesteela when u can use strength sap steel/grass steela? Of course there will be some regular staples like pex/chansey/megas wont change type but thats only a few

I really think this meta should be given a chance, and if the tradeoff is the problem e4 flint says then would entering the type as nick to change the type and give u the move to fix it? As there will be no opportunity cost for running it over items anymore

Fire (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Blue Flare
- Psyshock

I mean idk im not sold on the nick idea but it is another option if opportunity cost is the prob. Or you can go with the original metagame premise of holding a plate im sure lots of people will be creative like SamHPL here. And i dont think people will resort to normal options when they have so much better options to play with that they'll put themselves at a disadvantage willingly

Edit: its kinda similar to camo, i mean people can still use ground/flying gliscor or grass/steel ferro or electric/fairy but why would people do that when they have SO many other options to play with? I dont think its fair to say people will stick with the standard sets when this meta encourages you to use much better and powerful sets

if u like this meta show ur support! Lets get it accepted lol

Last edited:

Dunfan

formerly Dunsparce Fanboy
Aren't nickname-based and import/export-based metas forbidden to be OMOTM?

Anyway, just a suggestion, but i don't think the nicknames are even needed :
"A mon can have in its moveset all the moves of a single type that it should not learn naturally (bar the banned moves), and gets its primary/secondary typing (depends on whether it is shiny) changed to the type of the moves."
The problem i could see with this is that stall mons would be forced to run a move to change their typing... but there's plenty of useful status moves, so i don't know why they would not.

AquaticPanic

Community Leader
Why not just base it around giving the mon a new move it couldn't learn naturaly and make that move be what decides it's type (I think that's what the above user meant to say too)? And the Shiny / Non-Shiny mechanic still going on with what should be determined as the new Type (Primary or Secondary).

This would also have an interesting mechanic with Megas who add a secondary type (Like Altaria). You can add Boomburst or Extreme Speed to make a Dragon / Normal Altaria, and then it mega evolves, gains both Pixielate and changes it's secondary type to Fairy (As it normamly would). Now you have Pixielate Extreme Speeed (Original, right?). Can work with Pinsir too.

You can also have Fire / Grass Zard-Y (Tho it already learns Solarbeam naturally. You coukd add Synthesys to the movepool for a healing move that will almost always heal for 2/3 of your max HP). Similarly, Ground / Dark Tyranitar can have Shore Up. Streanght Sap will be really annoying tbh.

Now, let's look at what being able to hold items too would mean for set-up. First of all, Geomancy is an obvious thing to look out for. Then, similarly, we have Quiver Dance, tho Bug can arguably be worse than Fairy. Shift Gear is also amazing, giving you Steel type and being a better Dragon Dance. There are milions of things that could abuse either of the 3 of these.

Onto more gimmicky things:

Swoobat with Simple and either Quiver Dance or Geomancy can be fun to use
Comfey with Oblivion Wing sounds hilarious
Shedinja should absolutly be banned. We don't want a Ghost / Normal type who can only be hit by Dark-Types.

Aren't nickname-based and import/export-based metas forbidden to be OMOTM?

Anyway, just a suggestion, but i don't think the nicknames are even needed :
"A mon can have in its moveset all the moves of a single type that it should not learn naturally (bar the banned moves), and gets its primary/secondary typing (depends on whether it is shiny) changed to the type of the moves."
The problem i could see with this is that stall mons would be forced to run a move to change their typing... but there's plenty of useful status moves, so i don't know why they would not.
Why not just base it around giving the mon a new move it couldn't learn naturaly and make that move be what decides it's type (I think that's what the above user meant to say too)? And the Shiny / Non-Shiny mechanic still going on with what should be determined as the new Type (Primary or Secondary).

This would also have an interesting mechanic with Megas who add a secondary type (Like Altaria). You can add Boomburst or Extreme Speed to make a Dragon / Normal Altaria, and then it mega evolves, gains both Pixielate and changes it's secondary type to Fairy (As it normamly would). Now you have Pixielate Extreme Speeed (Original, right?). Can work with Pinsir too.

You can also have Fire / Grass Zard-Y (Tho it already learns Solarbeam naturally. You coukd add Synthesys to the movepool for a healing move that will almost always heal for 2/3 of your max HP). Similarly, Ground / Dark Tyranitar can have Shore Up. Streanght Sap will be really annoying tbh.

Now, let's look at what being able to hold items too would mean for set-up. First of all, Geomancy is an obvious thing to look out for. Then, similarly, we have Quiver Dance, tho Bug can arguably be worse than Fairy. Shift Gear is also amazing, giving you Steel type and being a better Dragon Dance. There are milions of things that could abuse either of the 3 of these.

Onto more gimmicky things:

Swoobat with Simple and either Quiver Dance or Geomancy can be fun to use
Comfey with Oblivion Wing sounds hilarious
Shedinja should absolutly be banned. We don't want a Ghost / Normal type who can only be hit by Dark-Types.
Nickname metas arent allowed? TIL

Anyways u guys alternative solution is a great idea, it can work similarly to typemons where it checks the moves u added that ur mons dont naturally learn and know the type u have chosen, but difference is it does that to each mon and adds a secondary type to it according to the move added (im afraid tho it kinda becomes similar to sketch+camo hybrid now)

A few things that should be added to the banlist should be things that are universally banned in most om metas (other than ones AquaticPanic mentioned like shift gear/geo) should be:
Thousand Arrows
V-create
Spore
Shedinja
Dugtrio
Kyurem-Black

And whatever else that is deemed to be broken later

Im busy now but ill post later some more potential sets to show the creativity and possibilities of this meta

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist

Bug (Tyranitar) @ Insect Plate / Tyranitarite
Ability : Sand Stream
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Ground (Tyranitar) @ Earth Plate / Tyranitarite
Ability : Sand Steam
EVs : 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Spikes
- Thousand Arrows
- Stone Edge / Bulk Up

Maybe sand could become viable with those sets.

Bug (Mimikyu) @ Insect Plate / Focus Sash
Ability : Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sticky Web
- Tail Glow
- Bug Buzz
- Shadow Ball

Special Mimikyu? Even if it can set up Sticky Web, I don't think this is even good. It might be fun to try, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)