Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Eevee be allowed to use Extreme Evoboost upon switching out and have it apply to something like Krookodile or Swoobat? Does the "switch move" even have to be one of the four moves in the departing mon's moveset, or a move that it's capable of learning at all?

If you select U-turn as your switch move, can you just keep using U-turn over and over until the opponent is KO'd?

The switch move would be any move the user learns, except for pivoting, and self Ko moves. It would be entered in the chat like command mons.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Doing a command is complicated for nothing, just choosing "switch" then chose a move seems easier.

Anyway, it could be really fun! Boosting moves would be OP for sure, and Protect (and clones) could be cool to safe switch.

If you try to switch but the opponent clicked Pursuit and gets a KO with it, does a switch move still happen?

Are switch moves considered elevated priority for the purpose of being blocked by Psychic Terrain and such (at least when they take place off a hard switch at the beginning of the turn)?

Even if you ban U-turn from being a switch move, if you use U-turn manually (or trigger Eject Button/Emergency Exit), do you still get another switch move off that? What about Copycat or Assist in contexts where you can access U-turn using those?

If you try to switch but the opponent clicked Pursuit and gets a KO with it, does a switch move still happen?

Are switch moves considered elevated priority for the purpose of being blocked by Psychic Terrain and such (at least when they take place off a hard switch at the beginning of the turn)?

Even if you ban U-turn from being a switch move, if you use U-turn manually (or trigger Eject Button/Emergency Exit), do you still get another switch move off that? What about Copycat or Assist in contexts where you can access U-turn using those?
Updated OP, but-

If a Pokemon is trying to switch out, but is killed, it is killed, the move fails and the user just switches. Thanks Sadistic Mystic.

Switching would be at the priority of the move used, but dry switching would remain the same. Thanks to Sadistic Mystic.

With Copycat and Assist being used on a pivot move, it would use U-Turn as normal. All moves items and abilities that force switching are used as vanilla.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Does anyone have any additional feedback for the Eviolution concept? I feel like now that I made the concept clearer, I want to focus on what the community feels would be the best course of action to balance it.

Link to original concept in my signature, with a concept breakdown here:
Mega Stones are only required for Mega forms that are fourth in an evolutionary line, such as Charizard-X. Anything that could have gotten another evolutionary stage, even if they are in a Mega form, have a Mega form, or have a baby form, can use Eviolite.
Thus Absol-Mega can hold Eviolite, while Slowbro-Mega does not need a Mega Stone.
Eviolite Mega Sableye

What happens if you hold an Assault Vest and the opponent commands you to use a status move? Or a Choice item, but choice items sound terrible here on general principle because the opponent will decide what move you get choice-locked into.
According to the sim (unless anyone can demonstrate that cart behaves differently), if you get Tricked an Assault Vest, your status move will still execute. (Obviously you won't be able to choose it next time unless you have Klutz or Magic Room.)
Choice lock only applies to moves you actually have, so (unless they guess well) the move they command you will execute normally. However, on subsequent turns they will be unable to command you (the commanded move will simply fail).

Metagame premise: A Pokémon can change it's secondary typing by running a move slot with the name of a type (So like Grass). The move does different things depending on if the user is shiny or not. If not shiny, it's a 90 BP Attack with 16 PP, 100% Accuracy, no priority, runs off the higher raw attacking stat (Ala Photon Geyser) and has a 10% chance to raise the user's highest raw stat by 1 (Ala Beast Boost). If shiny, it's a status Attack with 16 PP which makes a Stealth Rock-like effect which runs off the type of the move instead (this part is the thing that could most likely get changed).
Potential bans and threats: nothing ATM
Questions for the community:
  • What would be a good name?
  • Is the metagame way to complex?
  • Anything else?

Metagame premise: A Pokémon can change it's secondary typing by running a move slot with the name of a type (So like Grass). The move does different things depending on if the user is shiny or not. If not shiny, it's a 90 BP Attack with 16 PP, 100% Accuracy, no priority, runs off the higher raw attacking stat (Ala Photon Geyser) and has a 10% chance to raise the user's highest raw stat by 1 (Ala Beast Boost). If shiny, it's a status Attack with 16 PP which makes a Stealth Rock-like effect which runs off the type of the move instead (this part is the thing that could most likely get changed).
  • Anything else?
Seems complex, especially the final bit.
There are very many type changing metas out there, make sure to distinguish yourself.

• Anything else?
I like it it seems interesting (id usually post like 8 sample sets but im lazy today so w/e) anyways as for ur questions
The nams could be Typemons? Woops thats taken sorry. Memorymons? (cause it kinda reminds me of silvally's type changes and multi attack)

Yea the last part about new stealth rocks makes it unnecessarily complex and pet moddy, i think u should have it removed tbh
Seems complex, especially the final bit.
There are very many type changing metas out there, make sure to distinguish yourself.
Also please, we BARELY have any oms that are based off type changes, the only one we got is camomons (yea ik there is oms like mnm or cross evolution that have type changing but its only there as one of the many secondary effects, its not the main focus of the oms)

• Anything else?
I think that instead of making a new SR, it could be like a Focus Blast / Fire Blast / Draco Meteor effect, the one you prefer, it can be cool imo

Kyurem-black @ whatever
Ability: Teravolt
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Electric
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Hone Claws
- Rooost

Basicially a better Zekrom.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Levitate Cursed Body
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fighting
- Shadow Ball
- Trick / Pain Split / Sludge Wave / Will-O-Wisp / Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond / Pain Split / Filler

No more Focus Blast misses and perfect coverage only with STABs. Trick can cripple any special tank which is too fat to be killed, Pain Split punishes Chansey switchins and makes Life Orb recoil less annoying. Destiny Bond allows Gengar to become annoying one last time before it faints, other coverage moves like Sludge Wave or Thunderbolt can be used to hit specific targets super-effectively.

Volcanion @ Leftovers / Air Balloon / Life Orb / whatever
Shiny: Yes
Ability: Water Absorb
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD or 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Modest / Timid / Calm Nature
- Stealth Ground
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Filler

A "Mini-PDon" which can also set ground-typed Stealth Rocks to complement the standard Rock-type ones.

Last edited:
I want to change the stealth rock part to a Leech Seed effect. The reason being Stealth Rock clones are not universally wanted by walls. What is is recovery. I picked Leech Seed because it involves a type, provides utility, and recovery as well (this can be recovery if Ferrothorn and Ceelestela use Leech Seed in OU for recovery) Thoughts? The original idea from Stealth Rocks was to give something to defensive pokes to benefit too (cause a free attack doesn't really help defensive mons)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
I want to change the stealth rock part to a Leech Seed effect. The reason being Stealth Rock clones are not universally wanted by walls. What is is recovery. I picked Leech Seed because it involves a type, provides utility, and recovery as well (this can be recovery if Ferrothorn and Ceelestela use Leech Seed in OU for recovery) Thoughts? The original idea from Stealth Rocks was to give something to defensive pokes to benefit too (cause a free attack doesn't really help defensive mons)
Wouldn't it just be easier to make it a special STAB so you don't shaft special attackers

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Wouldn't it just be easier to make it a special STAB so you don't shaft special attackers
"If not shiny, it's a 90 BP Attack with 16 PP, 100% Accuracy, no priority, runs off the higher raw attacking stat (Ala Photon Geyser) and has a 10% chance to raise the user's highest raw stat by 1 (Ala Beast Boost)."

Field Frenzy
Description: If the first move of a pokemon is a field effect move (Gravity,Terrain,Room,Weather,Sports), it activates upon switch in.
Clauses: OU standard clauses
How I think it will play out: Field effect moves will become a lot more useful. This meta would likely favor offense more. For example Landorus can run Gravity so that it does not need to worry about skarmory or rotom wash switching in. There will likely be a lot of terrain wars and weather wars. Teams should need to have synergy, while also being able to handle other threats. Trick Room has potential to be a huge threat, but it can be stopped by opposing trick room mons.
Tier: It uses the OU banlist at the start.
Questions:
1. Should moves like Ion Deluge and Fairy Lock be included as moves that activate on switch in? I've been told it should make programming this OM easier.
2. Should moves like Mist, Lucky Chant, Screens, Tail Wind, etc that only affect one side be included as moves that activate on switch in? I feel like screens would be annoying.

Playable?: Thanks to Urkerab you can play this OM with your friends on ROM (edit rooms and sports have been added)
Random Sample Sets: https://pokepast.es/b809a7263b688402
Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7fieldfrenzy-214342

Last edited:
Sacrifices

the pokemons 2 highest stats are boosted by 2x while everything else is halved (decided similar to beast boost) Hp not counted in this

so things like Kartana becomes extremely powerful while things like blissey becomes sorta offensive while getting even more special defense good luck with that

I don't know if this would change things up enough

Adding another question for Field Frenzy: do you feel trick room would be too strong?
Potential Sets: https://pokepast.es/75d964320f338a26
Trick Room teams will likely have to have a limited amount of automatic setters so that they don't undo each other's trick rooms. Also trick room does not boost the power of any moves. But I feel it's harder to counter trick room than Weather and Terrain. Sunny Day Alola-Marowak in Trick Room sounds broken. Though, Marowak is pretty hurt by magic room and magic room might turn out to be viable due to allowing mons to ignore eviolite, focus sash, choice items, etc. There's also water sport and rain dance that can reduce the power of fire type moves.

I think I'll leave in Ion Deluge and Fairy Lock as moves that can be activated on switch in. They don't really have much of an effect on the meta, but, if it makes coding easier, I don't see why not. Fairy Lock probably makes smeargle and klefki a little better since they don't have to worry about magic bounce mons switching it.

As for moves like reflect,safeguard etc. I'm leaning towards not including them as moves that can be activated on switch in, but I'm open to suggestions.

Adding another question for Field Frenzy: do you feel trick room would be too strong?
Trick Room teams will likely have to have a limited amount of automatic setters so that they don't undo each other's trick rooms. Also trick room does not boost the power of any moves. But I feel it's harder to counter trick room than Weather and Terrain. Sunny Day Alola-Marowak in Trick Room sounds broken. Though, Marowak is pretty hurt by magic room and magic room might turn out to be viable due to allowing mons to ignore eviolite, focus sash, choice items, etc. There's also water sport and rain dance that can reduce the power of fire type moves.

I think I'll leave in Ion Deluge and Fairy Lock as moves that can be activated on switch in. They don't really have much of an effect on the meta, but, if it makes coding easier, I don't see why not. Fairy Lock probably makes smeargle and klefki a little better since they don't have to worry about magic bounce mons switching it.

As for moves like reflect,safeguard etc. I'm leaning towards not including them as moves that can be activated on switch in, but I'm open to suggestions.
about room, it's actually a really easy counter, just put tr on one of your fat mons, use it when you switch in to undo tr. also you can't have an abuser auto set room or else it undoes itself when you switch in, so it kind of balances itself.

I’d be happy to provide sample sets as some seem lackluster. Seems like a pretty cool meta. Some of your sets counter each other. Have you subbed this on meta submissions? This would definitely be approved.

This sounds like an awesome meta but very very Ho centeralize for instance just rain dance on mega swampert in the first move mega evolve boom mega swampert is a speedster 99% of the time or you can have a mega houndoom set up sunny day on switch this lowers the viability of weather users unless your name is alolan ninetales and its still the best veil setter. certain tanks could benfit from this though for instance cress could restore 66% but that's not a great trade off. magic room could also work on sweepers unless the sweeper is mega or has a z move it will have its power hindered in some fashion unless its a sash user in which case what sash.

but ninetales is one of the best setters second only to mew, how ever it has a niche above mew as its first move slot can be used to set something else up mostly for magic room, which is not much of a niche but it is there but over all mew would be a better setter (completely forgot it got both hail and veil oops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)