SM OU Mega Latias Offense

MEGA-LATIAS OFFENSE
Hello guys! I have been playing this offense team for quite some time now (about 2 weeks) and cannot go further than 1500 ELO rating. The team is pretty straight forward when I play it: (1) Suicide lead, (2) most expendable attackers, (3) final sweepers. When I play with this team the opponent rarely gets to setup or place hazards, and as fast as I rack up wins, the same can be said when losing to bad matchups. So here is my team and I hope you guys can help me in adjusting my team to be better capable of dealing with my known and unknown threats.​

THE TEAM MEMBERS

Martian (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Explosion
- Skill Swap​

Martian is my suicide lead. I chose azelf as the suicide lead because of its good speed tier allowing it to get off moves faster than other suicide leads (Smeargle). The EVs are max speed and attack since Martian carries explosion. Explosion is useful for conserving momentum and preventing potential defogs from enemy swithins. Magic coat is for bouncing off taunts and hazards from faster mons. SR is real good this meta. And skill swap is for magic bounce users that try to get rocks up (Diancie and friends)

Easter Egg (Azumarill) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough

Easter Egg is my first offensive mon. Normalium Z is for z-belly drum, allowing him to setup even at low health after tanking an incoming hit. Aqua jet is priority stab. Play Rough is fairy stab, don't like the 90% tho haha. Knock off is for mons that are immune to the 2 stab moves. Z belly drum can also be used to fully restore Azu's HP after a non-z belly drum. Depending on the matchup, Easter egg is a wall breaker/sweeper for my team. The EV's are setup such that Azu outspeeds and 2HKO's Tangrowth and Magearna with no speed investment on the switch.

Luchador (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
- High Jump Kick

Upon choosing Azu as my first physical hitter, Hawlucha was chosen next as an auxiliary setup sweeper. Electric seed is used with Koko's ET, allowing Hawlucha to have boosted defense and speed right off the bat upon switching. The Ev's are for maximum attack since few pokemon can go faster than Hawlucha after the unburden proc. Drain punch is for heal, HJK is for breaking mons. Acrobatics is a very good flying stab after E-seed is consumed. SD is needed for that additional damage potential. Hawlucha helps in hitting mons that Azu struggles to hit like ferrothorn.

Capt. Krunch (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Koko is the specially offensive mon. It sets up ET for hawlucha's E-seed. The EV's are for max speed. U-turn is so that Duggy doesn't cause too much problems. TB is obligatory stab and is very strong with magnet. HP ice is for those dragon and ground types on switch. Taunt is for stall. Aside from being an offensive mon, Koko also serves as an offensive pivot for my other mons. Koko covers my flying weakness, hitting bulkier mons like skarm and celesteela for supereffective damage. It also removes pesky psychic terrain that gets in the way of Azu's sweep most of the time.

Paper Doll (Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- X-Scissor

Now I needed a scarfer for my team and I chose scarf Jolly Kartana. Leaf Blade and Smart Strike are STAB. Sacred Sword hits Heatran and Ferro. X-scissor is a coverage move I'm not sure is really good. Kartana elevates my chances of winning against rain since normally my lead explodes 1 mon into at least half HP. Smart strike hits the Fairies running around OU and Kartana's fire weakness lures in fire types which I usually double into Azu for that easy belly drum.

Weird Space Boss (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Now for my mega, is the bulkier of the lati twins, Mega Latias. The EV's are relatively high in speed to outspeed base 100 speed mons, the rest is put in def + bulk since calm mind increases the SPA and SpDef of M-Latias anyways. Psyshock is taken over Stored Power since it hits harder even at just 1 calm mind, and hits AV mons like tangrowth harder as well. TBolt is for that really good coverage move and Recover is for healing and Calm Mind stalling/buffing. Most of my games I find myself winning outright latias after dark and fairy types have been removed by my other mons. The bulk is incredible and although it might be slow, I have other mons in my team to cover for the lack in speed of M-Latias.

THREATS (I HAVE FIGURED OUT WHILE PLAYING AND WANT TO ACCOUNT FOR)

Scizor is really hard to deal with since I lack fire coverage but I can't seem to put in a fire move in my team :(. I can play around him with chip damage but if it is defensive variant which is really common I usually just lose. The lack of rock moves make me weak to ol'Zap. Playing around with Koko is my answer to this mon. Lastly Mega altaria is just so hard to deal with. With out Kartana healthy, I am most likely to lose against this mon.

So guys, this is my team. I would appreciate any suggestions on what to improve on my team as I am stuck now in the ladder, having 1400-1500 as my limbo. Thank you guys and sorry if my english is bad.

Really cool team you have here.

Looking at the 3 pokemon you're having issues with, I've decided upon 2 mons that have the needed bulk to deal with the threats, however are also offensive enough that you don't lose the whole identity of the team.

The first one is Heatran>Katana. I chose a Sub Trapper set which allows you to gain momentum while still keeping up offensive pressure. This set reliably beats Scizor and Zapdos, as well as packing SR to add some much needed entry hazards to the team. Taunt/HP Ice/Toxic can also be run over SR if you feel you need those options more.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Stealth Rocks
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

The second change is Tapu Bulu>Hawlucha. Banded Bulu hits like a truck without needing any setup whatsoever, which is ideal due to the fact that you already have a number of setup sweepers. Heatran + Bulu Synergize very well because they generally beat what the other cannot. Grassy Terrain will also heal your Azumarill a bit making it easier for it to setup.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

With these changes i feel that the team should be performing better than ever. Try them out and let me know what you think. Good luck!

Last edited:
I like your HO team. But seeing how Mega Scizor can be a problem, I would recommend switching Kartana to Scarf Victini.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature / Naive
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick / Energy Ball

This covers the Scizor weakness and is able to outspeed Adamant Mega Swampert in the rain. Energy Ball does 70-83 to it. Any prior damage might help it OHKO Mega Swampert.

Next I would recommend changing the Mega Latias EVs and moves.

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

The Speed EVs are so you outspeed max speed jolly garchomp (if they aren't Scarf). T-Bolt is for SpeD Celesteela and Skarmory. Calm Mind will boost Stored Power and help you break through walls. Lastly Recover is for recovery. Hope these changes helped you out.​

I like your HO team. But seeing how Mega Scizor can be a problem, I would recommend switching Kartana to Scarf Victini.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature / Naive
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick / Energy Ball

This covers the Scizor weakness and is able to outspeed Adamant Mega Swampert in the rain. Energy Ball does 70-83 to it. Any prior damage might help it OHKO Mega Swampert.

Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

The Speed EVs are so you outspeed max speed jolly garchomp (if they aren't Scarf). T-Bolt is for SpeD Celesteela and Skarmory. Calm Mind will boost Stored Power and help you break through walls. Lastly Recover is for recovery. Hope these changes helped you out.​
Victini learns Grass Knot which actually hits Mega Swampert harder than Energy Ball. Anyway, even with a Naive Nature, they both can't afford to OHKO it: that's why I'd suggest using Final Gambit as the fourth move. It helps dealing with Mega Swampert, Heatran and other annoying stuff at full HP.

Last edited:
Victini learns Grass Knot which actually hits Mega Swampert harder thank Energy Ball. Anyway, even with a Naive Nature, they both can't afford to OHKO it: that's why I'd suggest using Final Gambit as the fourth move. It helps dealing with Mega Swampert, Heatran and other annoying stuff at full HP.
Energy Ball is for other water types. Grass Knot would be weaker to Tapu Fini and Rotom-Wash. Final Gambit is a suicide move which gets weaker with hazards, and seeing this team has no hazard removal, Final Gambit wouldn't be as useful.​

Energy Ball is for other water types. Grass Knot would be weaker to Tapu Fini and Rotom-Wash. Final Gambit is a suicide move which gets weaker with hazards, and seeing this team has no hazard removal, Final Gambit wouldn't be as useful.​
Tapu fini isn't that issue as it has Bolt Strike. Rotom-W has almost disappeared (but Victini could never stay against it since Energy Ball is still 3HKO) and Grass Knot hits harder Tyranitar.

Really cool team you have here.

Looking at the 3 pokemon you're having issues with, I've decided upon 2 mons that have the needed bulk to deal with the threats, however are also offensive enough that you don't lose the whole identity of the team.

The first one is Heatran>Katana. I chose a Sub Trapper set which allows you to gain momentum while still keeping up offensive pressure. This set reliably beats Scizor and Zapdos, as well as packing SR to add some much needed entry hazards to the team. Taunt/HP Ice/Toxic can also be run over SR if you feel you need those options more.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Stealth Rocks
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

The second change is Tapu Bulu>Hawlucha. Banded Bulu hits like a truck without needing any setup whatsoever, which is ideal due to the fact that you already have a number of setup sweepers. Heatran + Bulu Synergize very well because they generally beat what the other cannot. Grassy Terrain will also heal your Azumarill a bit making it easier for it to setup.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

With these changes i feel that the team should be performing better than ever. Try them out and let me know what you think. Good luck!
Thanks for this! I will be trying this set and see how it goes :)

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature / Naive
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick / Energy Ball

Timid Nature
- Stored Power
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

And this I will also try and see thanks :D aaand. . .

Victini learns Grass Knot which actually hits Mega Swampert harder thank Energy Ball. Anyway, even with a Naive Nature, they both can't afford to OHKO it: that's why I'd suggest using Final Gambit as the fourth move. It helps dealing with Mega Swampert, Heatran and other annoying stuff at full HP.
I will be trying both grass knot and energy ball. Thanks for the rate guys! :D

Hey I just want to post an update of the team. Currently I am running this set trading in Scarf-Victini for Kartana and it did wonders. Finally broke 1600! :D The team is super amazing against stall, balance, and rain with the unexpected Grass Knot for Mega-Pert switching in on it all the time. The only problems I had after the changes was some games with Mega Lop if I don't set up rocks. The meta has very little answers to the Bulky Mega Latias set, even greninja fails to kill it 1 v 1 after 2 calm minds, which can easily be setup by switching into fodders like Ferro. Thanks for all the help guys! Attached are the importable and proof of ELO rank of the edited team. :heart::heart::heart:

Martian (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Skill Swap

Tweety (Hawlucha) @ Electric Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

Capt. Krunch (Tapu Koko) @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Red Pikachu (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Easter Egg (Azumarill) @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough

Weird Space Boss (Latias-Mega) @ Latiasite
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Thunderbolt
- Recover

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)