SM OU Mega Latias Offense

I am a fairly new player to the showdown scene, but I thought I was ready to make a RMT. I wanted to make a team around mega latias. So here it is!

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost

The star of the show - Mega Latias. This thing is a real potent sweeper after a few calm minds. It can set up well on toxapex and tangrowth, and can take special attacks very well after setting up. I have dual stab, and have psyshock over psychic for chansey and av tangrowth. Roost is to improve its longevity.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

I needed a solid counter to the fairies in the meta and psychic types, so I added Gengar. Gengar is an amazing special wallbeaker with Life Orb and thanks to taunt can prevent status and entry hazards from being set up. Shadow ball is powerful and spammable, and Sludge Wave deals with the tapus well. Focus Blast rounds out its coverage. Plus, it absorbs Toxic Spikes.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I wanted a scarfer for revenge killing, and I thought Tapu Lele would be great. Its ability to create a psychic terrain boosts the power of Latias' psyshock. Psychic and Moonblasts are staples. Thunderbolt is for things like Skarmory, Celesteela, and Gyarados. HP Fire is to hit Scizor and Ferrothorn on switch.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

I saw that Latias and my other pokemon have trouble breaking through Steel types, so I added Magnezone. It only does one thing, but it does that thing amazingly well. HP Fire gets rid of things like Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Kartana, and Electric stabs are for Skarmory and Celesteela. Specs boosts its power to good levels. I run speed and timid nature to outspeed scizor even with speed investment.

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

This is my usual lead; it can set up rocks very well, allowing my other pokemon to do their jobs easier. Sash allows it to live one hit and do whatever it wants. It can pick up suprising kills with Outrage and Earthquake, and Swords Dance makes it a good wallbreaker.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Bounce
- Waterfall

I wanted another set up sweeper, this time physical. Supersonic Skystrike demolishes things like Tangrowth after one dragon dance. I run Intimidate over Moxie so it can serve as a counter to Thunderpunch-less Medicham and Lopunny. Waterfall is also STAB, and Earthquakes eliminates things like Magnezone and Tapu Koko.

So thats the team! Tell me what you think, and please make any suggestions you think can help me make this team better.

Last edited:
As your new I welcome you, now for my suggestions, your team is very heavy on sweeping or setting up and some bulk could definately help your team. Replace Garchomp with Ferrothorn or Heatran. Heatran can be good as it is resistant to Tapu Lele's Steel/Poison wealness, and takes advantage of Latias's levitate. I suggest taking out both Garchomp and Gengar for both Ferrothorn ans Heatran. Magnezone can stay, but I recommend air balloon and Tapu Lele could run HP Ice instead of fire for coverage on Garchomp, Lando, Serperior, and more.

As your new I welcome you, now for my suggestions, your team is very heavy on sweeping or setting up and some bulk could definately help your team. Replace Garchomp with Ferrothorn or Heatran. Heatran can be good as it is resistant to Tapu Lele's Steel/Poison wealness, and takes advantage of Latias's levitate. I suggest taking out both Garchomp and Gengar for both Ferrothorn ans Heatran. Magnezone can stay, but I recommend air balloon and Tapu Lele could run HP Ice instead of fire for coverage on Garchomp, Lando, Serperior, and more.
I can provide sets in case you can not come up with any.

Ok thanks for the suggestions, I will try them out and see how it goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)