Mega Flexapert UU rain squaaa GANG GANG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Swampert Rain Bulky Offense

Hey guys it's me Mega Flexagross, and i'm here to showcase a rain team I made in the UU tier. I'm fairly new to UU, and I haven't really played as much as I'd love to, but here is my team that took me some time to make, and i've had a lot of success and fun using it. The team is fairly standard and simple: built around mega swampert rain. Mega swampert has always been one of my favorite mons really just based off of design, and how it plays out. UU seemed to really lack some good counters to mega swampert besides like bulky celebi, and the rare fat grasses overall.I'm pretty new to the UU tier so my current ladder ranking of around 1500s really isn't too bad, and also I hardly even ladder. So without a do, I hope you guys enjoy, and let's get right into the team :]

So the first Pokemon I decided to add was obviously Mega Swampert. A real power house under the rain, and capable of sweeping any weakened and unprepared for team really. The moves are fairly standard of course and so are the EVs.

YUNG FLEX GAWD (Swampert-Mega) @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Rain Dance

The next member I decided to add was Tornadus Incarnate. Tornadus Incarnate is one of the two rain setters, and breaks the fat and offensive grasses and bulky waters for Mega Swampert. U-turn is nice because tornadus I lures in a lot of mons that Mega swampert is able to hard check and revenge kill in the rain such as Xurkitree and mega Aerodactyle. Focus blast is able to "hit" the bulky steel types and doesn't have the damage reduction that heat wave does in the rain.

hurricane sandy (Tornadus) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

The third member I decided to add was Kingdra. Kingdra of course is amazing in the rain and always will be. It's an amazing late game cleaner and breaker and is very annoying for most offense teams to face. Duel stab is mandatory, and ice beam is nice to lure in the fat grasses for Mega Swampert. Max speed and max sp atk is standard really of course.

KINGdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam

The fourth member I decided to add was the latest tier change xurkitree. Xurkitree was added because rain teams really seem to struggle with stall, and Xurkitree has a very nice stall match up. Thunder is nice because it obviously has 100% accuracy in the rain, and can also punch holes for mega swampert to clean up. hp ice is nice to hit latias and other dragon types while grass knot lures in stuff like the rare gastrodon, and lures in stuff like fat ground types too.

fuck stall (Xurkitree) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Tail Glow
- Grass Knot

The fifth member I added I wanted some defensive back bones for the team. I lacked any good water resist, grass, and ground resist. So I added celebi. Celebi also benefits from the damage reduction of fire type moves in the rain. Celebi also blanket checks stuff like Mega Swampert, Mega Sceptile, Kingdra, zygarde 10% form, etc. It also is a nice rocker for the team. Celebi has natural good bulk, and recovery so it fit the 5th slot of the team nicely. Giga drain, recover, and stealth rock are staples. U turn is nice because you lure in stuff like Mega houndoom, Latias, Hydreigon, etc all of which Mega swampert can revenge kill in the rain.

onion headass (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- U-turn

The last member I decided to add was Klefki. Klefki fit nicely on this team because it is one of the tiers best blanket checks to dragon types as well as benefiting from the damage of fire type moves. Klefki also is a pretty decent hazard setter in UU since Latias fails to beat Klefki, and also is a nice dark resist which the team lacked. Klefki also is amazing because Mega Swampert, and Kingdra really appreciate a lot of bulkier mons being weakened so they can clean up late game. In the rain Klefki also blanket checks Mega Pidgeot which was other wise a big problem. Magnet rise was nice so I could set up hazards vs ground types nicely such as Mamoswine and Krookodile. Damp rock and rain dance may seem like a poor choice, but with the lack of speed on the team, I decided to have a second rain setter.

UU scumbag (Klefki) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Rain Dance
- Magnet Rise

threatlist
if my rain setters die and this thing sets up on Celebi, it's really hard to win. Gets a few set up opportunities

now that clefable is gone, oh boy this thing isn't as annoying, but it gets a lot of set up opportunities, and can fire off specs hyper voice pretty nicely if it comes in for free. Calm Mind and even wish is annoying as well to deal with.

shoutouts
noveLizzz i mean noveliss
my boi pif for recommending the Tornadus Incarnate in the UU chat

raw pastebin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)