SM UU Mega Aerodactyl Balance

Introduction:

Hi everyone and thank you for reading this! I made this team a while ago and it's been underperforming for me. It was built around MegaAerodactyl. Since it's been losing most games, I figured I'd post it here and see what I can fix, because I myself am out of ideas...Without further ado, the team:

Aerodactyl

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Roost

This is the "main" Pokemon on this team, the one it was built around.
I decided to run a standard dual-STAB one with Taunt to stop set up, as well as hazards. Roost is there for longevity, though EQ could be used as well for some coverage. I wanted to use it due to its power, but it's been one of the weaker members.

Starmie

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

This is the first half of my defensive core. I needed a Spinner for my Aerodactyl, as well as a SpD wall, so I chose Starmie. It also gets Scald for some nice burn-spreading, as well as Recover and Natural Cure, so it can't be easily crippled.

Amoonguss

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss was chosen because I needed a Defensive wall that synergizes well with Starmie. It has really good utility, can sleep threats and switch out to heal with Regenerator. It switches into most attacks, and I really needed a Pokemon who could switch into both sides of the spectrum due to my other frail members.

Scizor

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

This guy is the main hard-hitter on the team. I needed something to kill Fairies, besides Amoonguss. (Cause let's be honest, it's not strong enough to reliably kill them).
I realized I had 2 Fire resists, so I could easily slap it on the team without much worrying. It's also bulky enough to switch into a few hits, so I don't need to be afraid to bring it in most of the time.

Weavile

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick/Poison Jab

Upon realizing I had something to deal with Fairies, I added Weavile. It's still a pretty strong Mon to use, and Knock Off is always a great asset of any team. It's a bit on the frailer side, though, so I may change it, The set is pretty standard. Low Kick is there for the Steel types such as Aggron, though Poison Jab is also an option.

Chandelure

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Chandelure was the last Mon I added because I could use a Scarfer, something with the ability to Trick walls and some raw special attack. This team was pretty weak from the special side, so I figured I'd add it since Ghost is a pretty good type nowadays.

Conclusion

Overall, I feel like the team lacks power, despite its relatively powerful members. I wanted to completely scrap this team, but I figured I'd post it here before I do that and see how I could fix it. Feel free to leave suggestions below, I'm open to any and all changes, though I'd prefer if I could keep the defensive core.

Thanks for reading!^^

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
My main edit would be to change Chandelure to specs. Scarf sets are too slow and your team has power issues on the special side - Specs can alleviate this.

Since your main speed control and revenge killer is aero, I would recommend EQ over Taunt. It maximizes coverage and helps most notably against Xurkitree. Specs Chandelure, CB Scizor and Weavile take care of stall well enough. Also, your team lacks stealth rock, and I think aero should have it over Roost or Taunt.

Also, CB is better on Weavile as LO wears it down waaaaay too much.

Pursuit is better than Knock on Scizor imo, as it let's you better handle Latias, a Mon that could cause trouble for you. You could also go Pursuit on Weavile over Low kick but Weavile appreciates the coverage. Don't use poison jab - it doesn't hit enough for your team. Using it on aero over EQ is also a good option.

Final note for now, Wing Attack over Aerial Ace because it has more pp and still 100% accuracy, which helps in longer battles.

Here's an importable:
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake / Pursuit / Roost
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick/Pursuit

Chandelure (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Hey man, I like the team! It looks like you've got a solid handle on the team, however, there is something I would like to suggest. While using starmie as your spdef wall may seem justifiable, especially seeing as you need hazard control for your team which starmie provides, it just doesn't seem bulky enough to really handle what the meta can throw at it. At the moment, scarf/specs chandy/hydreigon can easliy break through starmie, and you don't have much that can switch in on them if you find yourself stuck against them. This is why I'd recommend Togekiss>Starmie. I know there aren't a lot of special tanks in this meta that get access to viable recovery, but Togekiss isn't one of them, which gets roost, and also great coverage and access to defog as well for hazard control. It can also easily take anything the aforementioned mons can throw at it, even a specs flash cannon from hydreigon, and easily proceed to stall/knock it out with toxic/dazzling gleam/air slash. If you or anyone else can suggest reasons as to why that may not work, please tell me! I'm open to any criticism on this rate. Thanks for reading.

Here's what I suggest you use on togekiss:
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Toxic/dazzling gleam
- Defog
Toxic is generally more useful against mons like Suicune or swampert, whereas dazzling gleam can provide some unique coverage and help against specific mons like hydreigon and laitas. take your pick

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Some Changes I would personally make

This is a much more viable Scizor set that allows more freedom and potentially equal damage without being locked by band. I recommend you check it out. The rest of the team looks pretty nice however I would suggest running maybe Rotom H with trick over Chandelure. I will provite a Rotom H set below as well.

Scizor Set
Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Rotom H Set

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)