Metagame MediocreMons

Jaajgko

I will disband the soccer club
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a team around that with Safety Goggles Shed, it's pretty amazing ngl

Sub toxic togedemaru is very very dangerous: 98 and 96 base attack and speed respectively is just to good even uninvested. Even fully ev'd offensively with dual stab it's really potent. It sets up a sub on most sticky webbers and volt switchers, toxic wears down the 100% switching in quag, free subs on xatu doubles etc. If your opponent doesn't have a quagsire or ferroseed you are getting a sub up and killing/crippling something period.

I love the idea of this meta and I'm going to play a lot of it during december. Personally, I really like finding unmons that actually make a big impact whenever I play a tier or new motm, so I've been doing some theorymoning:
One option would be eviolite sap sipper marill with whirlpool + perish song + rest. Traps and beats non-cm clefable, ferroseed, non-cm xatu, and stall/walls in general that lack shedinja or pivoting moves.
Another option for this is Trumbeak (toucannon's pre-evolution), with skill link, bullet seed + rock blast + brave bird. Sadly it doesn't get toucannon's glorious overheat to waste stall (ferroseed) with a life orb set like Toucannon does in PU, but I can see a scarf set for offense or sd lo/eviolite for beating stall that lacks clefable (trap it with marill!).

I'm going to test both of these (and many others) in the coming weeks. Any other cool theorymoning ideas out there for unused pokes?

Last edited:

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
just wanna recommend a really great set that ive had success with.

Malamar @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Happy Hour
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut

It sweeps through teams once their Clefable is weakened. Just gotta watch out for the unaware mons. It hits a great speed tier at +1, nothing wants to take a knock off from this once it gets a couple Super Powers off. Not to mention its dual stab is amazing coverage on its own. To conclude this thing should be used a lot more, hope to see some more of these on ladder!

I would like to reiterate how good Marill is at trapping the tier's biggest walls and letting your sweepers, such as Malamar or Bibarel, win unopposed:

upload_2017-12-4_12-44-56.png

Marill @ Eviolite
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Rest
- Toxic/Scald/Protect

Trapping Marill notably beats the two unaware walls, Quagsire and Clefable, and the fattest steel wall in the tier, ferroseed. It can also beat Xatu without U-turn, special bias abomasnow, and generally the grass types of the tier. It can also absorb spores from Parasect and sleep powders from other threats.
This set is EV'd to always live 3 eqs from Quagsire, the rest of the defenses are dumped into special defense for the number of special attacking walls in the tier (like clefable). This thing can run toxic to trap and beat soundproof Abomasnow, scald for burning strong physical attackers that can eventually break it, or Protect to increase its longevity and have a better chance against curse quag or cm clef. It can trap much more than the threats I've mentioned, especially with sap sipper providing an amazing number of resists and immunities, and can shatter stall cores on its own. (Note: If Abomasnow goes for an SD, just switch to Clefable. Eq will do far too much damage.)

I highly recommend groundium-z diglett as a partner since Marill will undoubtably draw in the electric or poison types that can beat it. Bibarel appreciates Marill's help the most, since it beats the three most common answers to it - clef, quag, or ferro. Note that ghost types cannot be trapped, and teams love running soundproof for chatot - predict switchins to whirlpool correctly to toxic these incoming threats.
Try it out!

I've been having great success with Murkrow, specifically Z-Mirror Move.
It's especially great because of how easy it is to just drop a ferro or klefki on a team to get spikes and then Murkrow easily puts in work.
Having a priority Z Attack is silly good.

Murkrow @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Mirror Move
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Is it bad I am finding this set fun?

Troll (Deerling) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Headbutt
- Jump Kick/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Seed Bomb
- Return/Thunder Wave/Toxic/Seed Bomb
- Bounce

I think you all see what this is supposed to do its not the most efficient but its hilarious to see people rage quit

also in the same vain

Diglett @ King's Rock
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Hone Claws
Untested this seems fun just because nothing really special too it

edit: even with max power does not do much damage coming in at 2 damage per hit at
best

totally unusable

Last edited:
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Haze

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Calm Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Return
- Rest
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Oricorio @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Thoughts?

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Sivally and Type: Null suspect test!

Silvally and Type: Null are officially under suspect! While both have excellent stats for the metagame, a variety of factors (lack of item freedom, poor movepool) makes both of these pre-banned mons worthy of an introduction into the tier. To vote, you need to have 1700 Glicko with at least 70% or more with a fresh alt containing "False God" or any variation of it.

E.G
Accepted Alts

- False God Luke
- God Luke False
- False Luke
- Luke God

Non Accepted Alts

- Flse Gd Luke
- Flse Luke
- Gd Flse Luke

Please post clear evidence of you achieving the reqs in this thread in the form of one or multiple screenshots. The suspect test will end in 10 days from this post. The reqs should be pretty easy to achieve, so don't fret.

Have fun!!!

G-Luke

There’s no point having a suspect ladder because 1) this ladder itself is new and 2) this is a temporary format.
I see.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Quagsire @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Haze

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Calm Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Return
- Rest
- U-turn

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Oricorio @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Taunt

Thoughts?
Team has several problems.
Firstly, Quagsire always runs SpD investment and Earthquake with a neutral attack nature in order to better threaten Venomoth (Its typing is enough to check most physical attackers anyways).

Why does Type Null have an Attack lowering nature on a set that is consisted of physical attacks? Not to mention EVs in SpA? Also drop U-Turn for something much more useful.

Oricorio isn't as good as its Sensu or Pom Pom formes, and if you INSIST on using it, hazard control is mandatory as its x4 weak to rocks. The team in general has very little, if any at all, defense against Venomoth, the tier's premier sweeper. Its best bet is to switch in Oricorio on a Quiver Dance, and a quick Sleep Powder or Sludge Bomb after rocks puts it out of commission.

I also suggest running a better Clefable set.

That list is incomplete, since it lacks Gen 7 Pokémon. Use this, instead.
Wait. Are you saying that I didn't need to spend an hour and a half typing this post?
I'm gonna be sitting here typing for a loooooooong time
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur
Charmander, Charmeleon
Squirtle, Wartortle
Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree
Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill*
Pidgey, Pidgeotto
Rattata, Raticate
Alolan Rattata, Alolan Raticate
Spearow
Ekans, Arbok
Pikachu
Sandshrew
Alolan Sandshrew
Nidoran F, Nidorina, Nidoqueen
Nidoran M, Nidorino
Clefairy, Clefable
Vulpix
Alolan Vulpix
Zubat, Golbat
Oddish, Gloom
Paras, Parasect
Venonat, Venomoth
Diglett
Alolan Diglett
Meowth
Alolan Meowth
Psyduck, Golduck
Mankey
Growlithe
Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath
Machop
Bellsprout, Weepinbell
Ponyta
Slowpoke
Magnemite
Farfetch'd
Doduo
Seel, Dewgong
Grimer
Alolan Grimer
Drowzee
Exeggcute
Cubone (Thick Club)
Lickitung
Koffing
Rhyhorn
Horsea, Seadra
Goldeen, Seaking
Staryu
GodMagikarp
Ditto
Eevee
Porygon
Kabuto
Dratini, Dragonair
Chikorita, Bayleef
Cyndaquil, Quilava
Totodile, Croconaw
Sentret, Furret
Hoothoot
Ledyba
Spinarak, Ariados
Chinchou
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Togepi
Natu, Xatu
Mareep, Flaafy
Marill
Hoppip, Skiploom
Aipom
Sunkern
Yanma
Wooper, Quagsire
Murkrow
Misdreavus
Unown
Girafarig
Pineco
Snubbull
Qwilfish
Teddiursa
Slugma
Swinub
Corsola
Remoraid
Delibird
Houndour
Kingdra
Phanpy
Stantler
Smeargle
Tyrogue
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Larvitar
Pupitar
Treecko, Grovyle
Torchic, Combusken
Mudkip, Marshtomp
Poochyena, Mightyena
Zigzagoon
Wurmple, Silcoon, Cascoon, Dustox
Lotad, Lombre
Seedot, Nuzleaf
Taillow
Wingull
Ralts, Kirlia
Surskit
Shroomish
Slakoth, Vigoroth
Nincada, Shedinja
Whismur, Loudred
Azurill
Skitty, Delcatty
Sableye*
Mawile*
Meditite, Medicham* (Telepathy only)
Electrike
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Gulpin
Carvanha
Numel
Spoink
Spinda
Vibrava
Cacnea
Swablu
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach
Corphish
Baltoy
Lileep
Anorith
Feebas
Castform
Shuppet
Duskull
Tropius
Chimecho
Wynaut
Snorunt, Glalie*
Spheal, Sealeo
Clamperl
Luvdisc
Bagon
Beldum
Turtwig, Grotle
Chimchar, Monferno
Piplup, Prinplup
Starly, Staravia
Bidoof, Bibarel
Kricketot, Kricketune
Shinx, Luxio
Budew
Burmy, Wormadam (Trash Cloak only), Mothim
Combee
Pachirisu
Buizel
Cherubi, Cherrim
Shellos
Drifloon
Buneary
Glameow
Chingling
Stunky
Bronzor
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Chatot
Gible, Gabite
Riolu
Hippopotas
Skorupi
Croagunk
Finneon, Lumineon
Snover, Abomasnow*
Rotom (Normal form only)
Phione
Snivy, Servine
Tepig, Pignite
Oshawott, Dewott
Patrat, Watchog
Lillipup, Herdier
Purrloin
Pansage
Pansear
Panpour
Munna
Pidove, Tranquill
Blitzle
Roggenrola
Woobat
Drilbur
Timburr
Tympole, Palpitoad
Sewaddle, Swadloon
Venipede, Whirlipede
Cottonee
Petilil
Basculin
Sandile, Krokorok
Darumaka
Dwebble
Scraggy
Yamask
Trubbish, Garbodor
Zorua
Minccino
Gothita, Gothorita
Ducklett, Swanna
Vanillite, Vanillish
Deerling
Karrablast
Foongus
Frillish
Joltik
Ferroseed
Klink, Klang
Tynamo, Eelektrik
Elgyem
Litwick, Lampent
Axew
Cubchoo
Shelmet
Stunfisk
Mienfoo
Golett
Pawniard
Rufflet, Vullaby
Deino, Zweilous
Larvesta
Chespin, Quilladin
Fennekin, Braixen
Froakie, Frogadier
Bunnelby, Diggersby
Fletchling, Fletchinder
Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon
Litleo
Flabébé, Floette
Skiddo
Pancham
Espurr
Spritzee
Swirlix
Inkay, Malamar
Binacle
Skrelp
Clauncher
Helioptile
Tyrunt
Amaura
Goomy
Klefki
Phantump
Pumpkaboo (all sizes)
Bergmite
Noibat
Rowlet, Dartrix
Litten, Torracat
Popplio, Brionne
Pikipek, Trumbeak
Yungoos
Grubbin, Charjabug
Crabrawler
Cutiefly
Rockruff
Wishiwashi (Solo)
Mareanie
Dewpider
Fomantis
Morelull
Salandit
Stufful
Bounsweet, Steenee
Wimpod
Sandygast
Type: Null, Silvally
Togedemaru
Jangmo-o, Hakamo-o
Cosmog
Poipole

Pokemon with an asterisk next to their name are capable of Mega Evolution.
That took me over an hour I demand appreciation

I'm hearing all these talks of Lunatone but not one of you posted the rock block combo. For shame.

Majora (Lunatone) @ Psychium Z
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heal Block
- Psyshock
- Power Gem

Z-Heal Block = Nasty Plot

You could also go weakness policy in a sand team and tank a special super effective move in the sand, which frees up heal block for some other coverage move. Since he has a lot of weaknesses it will happen pretty often.

Last edited:

G-Luke

I'm hearing all these talks of Lunatone but not one of you posted the rock block combo. For shame.

Majora (Lunatone) @ Darkinium Z
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Heal Block
- Psyshock
- Power Gem

Z-Heal Block = Nasty Plot

You could also go weakness policy in a sand team and tank a special super effective move in the sand, which frees up heal block for some other coverage move. Since he has a lot of weaknesses it will happen pretty often.
Psychium Z activwtes Z-Heal Block as it is a Psychic type move. And anyways, alot more better special sweepers exist. And if you insist on using it this is the only set I would run

Lunatone @ Psychium Z / Rockium Z
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Substitute

Set is pretty simple. Switch in on something you force out after team is significantly weakened. Get up a Rock Polish and go to town. Psychium Z is to nail stuff like worn down Quag, Clefable and Rockium Z is if you love shredding stuff overall. That last slot is important - Hidden Power Fire is to nail the omnipotent Ferroseed, while Substitute lets you play around the MANY Sucker Punches that fly around in Mediocremons.
If you still insist on running this, hazard support + wallbreakers are vital, as Lunatone is rather weak if its not firing off a nuke Z-Move.

Psychium Z activwtes Z-Heal Block as it is a Psychic type move. And anyways, alot more better special sweepers exist. And if you insist on using it this is the only set I would run

Lunatone @ Psychium Z / Rockium Z
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Substitute

Set is pretty simple. Switch in on something you force out after team is significantly weakened. Get up a Rock Polish and go to town. Psychium Z is to nail stuff like worn down Quag, Clefable and Rockium Z is if you love shredding stuff overall. That last slot is important - Hidden Power Fire is to nail the omnipotent Ferroseed, while Substitute lets you play around the MANY Sucker Punches that fly around in Mediocremons.
If you still insist on running this, hazard support + wallbreakers are vital, as Lunatone is rather weak if its not firing off a nuke Z-Move.
Thanks for the tips my dude. Much appreciated.

A good set for a good mon that is really underused in this teir:

Golduck @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Clear Smog
- Ice Beam
- Scald / Signal Beam

upload_2017-12-9_22-52-25.png

Hey everyone, I gonna explain why Silvally and Type:Null are overrated:
Silvally first:
What is his role ?
Physical Sweeper? What is his movepool ? A 90 power STAB attack,Crunch, Iron Head, Rock Slide, that's ridiculous. Of course he has SD, but Unaware pokemon are too common in this tier. His best attack is maybe Explosion. And if a pokemon is broken thanks to Explosion, I will stop playing.

Pivot ? He has Parting Shot and Defog, which is pretty cool. He has some others offensives attacks. But he hasn't a move of recover. So you need to use a wisher for him. So you need to use a defensive team with Pivot Silvally. But in Stall team, nothing justifies the use of Silvally. Of course, if you want a viable Defogger, you use Wartortle, Golbat or Xatu.

Special Sweeper? He learns a lot of things. Very good things. But he can't pass a simple special staller like Clefable or Lickitung because he can't setup and has only 95 in special attack.
252 SpA Silvally-Electric Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 93-109 (23.6 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
Parting Shot is cool, but Volt Switch is cooler.

To sum up, Silvally has GREAT stats, he has the best stats in this meta. But when Venomoth has a good ability and a good movepool, Silvally has nothing. It's not a coincidence if Silvally is just PU.
Even in this meta, Silvally will not be a top tier.

Type:Null now,
Firstly, he's the most bulkier mon in this meta. 95/95/95 with Eviolite is equivalent to the bulk of Giratina.
This pokemon has two set:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

He can't touch Quagsire because his physical movepool is restrained to these attacks. He tank a lot of attacks of course,but he can't do a lot of damage. It's not the definition of sweeper for me...

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Return
- Toxic

Rest+Sleep Talk in 7G, it's new meta lol. Type: Null hasn't move of recovery, so we need to use this. This set is the definition of passivity. This set is hard to break, but he's useless.

To conclude, I want to make a little analogy with the STABMONS metagame. Silvally were broken because he had the movepool of Smeargle and Council banned him after one year of abuse. In this meta, Silvally is nothing. He will have maybe 4% of usage in this meta.

For me, these pokemons don't deserve a suspect. I'm voting NOT BAN and NOT BAN .

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm surprised nobody has actually posted about this in the thread....

Clefable is absolutely busted and overcentralizing and needs to go.
It is on practically every viable team, is incredibly difficult to break, has a ton of versatility and utility...

I know you're in the middle of a suspect but honestly I think Clefable is pretty qb worthy. Since Nidoqueen went there are remarkably few solid answers, and theres just honestly no reason not to run it. It ticks almost all the boxes for me for being banworthy (centralizing, versatile, difficult to break, offensively threatening, at least its not uncompetitive tho!)

I'll let other people take up that cry though as I'm not actually very good at this meta~

EDIT:

So I noticed there's like 0 sets posted after the first half a page! Here are some. They're not all particularly original but there should be some more sets in the thread i m o.

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 188 SpA / 64 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Energy Ball

You may notice this is different from the Slurpuff set posted on the first page. Unlike most sets, this is NOT walled by Quagsire.
188 SpA Slurpuff Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 396-468 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If it invests in SpD you'll end up with a 2hko but that's fine, you're just more at risk of getting burnt. +Attack ensures you get the OHKO on Ferroseed with Drain Punch.

Unfortunately this is walled by Unaware Clefable, but hopefully that will be gone soon. It also has a tone of trouble breaking past Poison types like Golbat. Return is an option to beat the bat, but then you're walled by either Quag or Ferroseed.
252+ Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 102-121 (25.8 - 30.7%) -- 4.3% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
+6 252+ Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Golbat: 140-165 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+6 252+ Atk Slurpuff Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Golbat: 140-165 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Those Golbat calcs mean they can switch in after Slurpuff kills something or on a slow pivot and slowly gain health with Roost until they get a free turn.

Pignite @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 200 HP / 140 Atk / 168 SpA
Brave Nature
- Grass Knot
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Drampa, what the hell are those EVs?
252 SpA Servine Leaf Storm vs. 200 HP / 0 SpD Pignite: 105-123 (28.3 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
not 2hko'd by Eviolite Servine's Leaf Storm
140+ Atk Life Orb Pignite Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Servine: 338-400 (104.3 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
OHKO's back
168 SpA Life Orb Pignite Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Quagsire: 395-468 (100.2 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Quag lure

and anything remaining went into attack.

The EVs are pretty customizable tbh, but Pignite has a nice niche in Mediocre mons thanks to its status as a bulky fire type with high attack. It stands out from Combusken both in bulk and in its ability to kill Quagsire (although Combusken is overall better).

Flare Blitz is your main STAB, besides that and Grass Knot you can probably run whatever moves you want. I'd even consider Rest over one of the last two moves, although RestTalk seems kind of mediocre.

Basculin-Blue-Striped @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Head Smash
- Superpower

This was already posted by someone, but Basculin is really really strong.
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 128-152 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Aqua Jet picks off faster opponents, Liquidation breaks down walls and gets convenient defense drops, Head Smash and Superpower complete the coverage. Basculin has very few reliable switchins. The best is probably Water Absorb Quagsire.

onliterallyeveryteam (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight / Wish
- Pick two of: Calm Mind / Flamethrower or Fire Blast / Heal Bell / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Stealth Rock / Protect (if Wish)

Personally, and I know I might get shit for this, I think Unaware is too valuable to give up on Clefable. It allows you to check so many things, from the most common Pokemon in the meta (other Clefable) to Slurpuff to Servine. Magic Guard Clefable isn't bad of course, how could Clefable be bad, but I think Unaware is just the better ability. That being said.

Moonblast and recovery are mandatory. If you run Wish either run Protect or run Moonlight as well, otherwise you're broken by a ton of new things. You can't run Softboiled with Unaware.

My favorite sets run Moonblast/Moonlight/Calm Mind/Toxic or Heal Bell. Toxic allows you to beat Unaware Clefable while Heal Bell lets you always beat Magic Guard.

Overall there is basically no reason to build a team without Clefable. If Unaware is too passive for you run Magic Guard I guess.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Unfortunately, the suspect would have ended tomorrow, but seeing the level of participation, it doesn't make sense to continue. Therefore, Silvally and Type: Null will remain banned. Now to tackle the other issue at hand, Clefable and Venomoth.

Clefable is OU by usage, because of its combination of spectacular movepool, amazing abilities and magnificent typing. In OU, Clefable is only partially held back its sub par stats. Well in Mediocremons, it has none of these problems. Clefable can go crazy in a meta where its bulk its great and it hits harder than most walls can. Its movepool allows it to have a variety of different sets, and its abilities push its versatility even further. CM Sweeper, Unaware wall, Wallbreaker, Magic Guard supporter and a bunch of other sets. Its versatility is unmatched, and quite frankly unhealthy for the tier. Its checks are few and far between, and one of these checks is being spotlighted next.

Venomoth is THE premier sweeper of Mediocremons. Its unrivaled power and coverage thanks to its ability Tinted Lens in combination with its access to Quiver Dance lets it have zero switchins in the tier. Its SSO set practically guarantees a a kill at +1, and forces teams to pack a physical scarfer above 90 base speed, an Oricorio, strong priority or any combination of the above. And even if you can pack any of these, it STILL doesn't mean you safe against Venomoth, as teammates like Ferrossed can easily wall most, and oricorio loses if Venomoth is already at +!. And thats not to mention its bulky Quiver Dance set, which forgoes initial power and speed for he bulk to set up several Quiver Dances and sweep.

In all, Venomoth and Clefable centralise the tier around themselves and choke creativity out of the tier. Therefore they are banned from Mediocremons. Tagging The Immortal to update the ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)