@ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Rock Slide
- Tailwind
- Taunt

- Protect

After going through all of the TW setters, I decided that Aerodactyl is the way to go for myself.
It's not gonna outspeed Talonflame in setting up TW, but worse case scenario is that we both have TW on.
Because of FS, all the Leles and how fast Aerodactyl is, there aren't many scenarios where I won't be able to setup TW.
FS saved me enough times to keep it. It always guarantees that Aerodactyl will be able to stop a TW/TR and set up a TW.

After that's done and I don't need to switch, Aerodactyl gets to do my favorite thing: Sit there and spam RS.
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 156 HP / 40 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature

- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

I wanted something really bulky that covers a multitude of things.
My aim wasn't to OHKO anything, but to cripple as many things as possible so it would be much easier to KO later on.
Goodra's huge movepool mixed with its bulk made it perfect for the job. Sap Sipper is also nice because fuuuuck Bulu.

Sludge Bomb threatens all the Tapus and you can never go wrong with boltbeam.
Helps to KO/cripple most popular Intimidate users and most weather setters.
Most of the things Goodra doesn't have a coverage advantage over won't be able to OHKO it.

EVs were originally made to survive Jolly Sandslash, but I removed Flamethrower and added Incineroar.
Now I keep it because it's enough to survive Jolly Garchomp 50% of the time. Any better EV spreads suggestions are welcomed.

@ Incinium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz

- Fake Out
- Protect

I hated dealing with Steel-types and I wanted to be able to stop Porygon2 since I couldn't kill it.
Mimikyu was also a pain to deal with since most people would have a Mental Herb on.
I appreciate the disturbance Fake Out provides.
Malicious Moonsaults gets rid of so many things that Goodra has a hard time dealing with.

@ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Protect

[Still Testing]

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Energy Ball
Tapu Lele is my main go-to for the second half of the game. I'm sure you're all aware of the damage she could do.
I wanted to have more coverage moves on her, but I always end up going with Psychic and Moonblast anyway.
Not to mention if it's not doing x4, it won't do more damage than Psychic.

This was also the reason why I went with Dazzling Gleam.

As Pixlet pointed out, Psychic would do 50% anyway
so I changed it for Energy Ball to have more options against Gastrodon and Rain teams.

@ Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature

- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Horn Leech
- Protect

It's hard to not have Tapu Bulu because he's currently the standard.
I felt comfortable adding Bulu simply because everyone is preparing for it and they will expect it most of the times.
It's still good despite that and it makes choosing who to use and start with much easier.
Does help that it hits like a truck.
Grassium Z does a lot of damage, but I rarely use it over Incinium Z if I'm using both.
So I figured going for better overall damage would be better.

I hope I provided enough information to make clear what I'm trying to accomplish with this team.
Feel free to suggest anything that you feel will make it better or even if you'd like to breakdown to me why it doesn't work.
Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Your team looks solid but there's quite a big flaw.

Your opponent might set up Trick Room, negating your TW. Also, if your opponent has a Mudsdale in TR, it'll be able to do some damage to almost your entire team (Goodra is safe here). If you see a Mudsdale and a TR setter, bring Goodra for the easier KO on Mudsdale. Magnezone is also a threat but he's not all that common.

I would recommend giving Incineroar Earthquake as you said, for mons like Torkoal, and Magnezone.

On Magnezone you probably want to bring Discharge, in case you're up against A-Marowak and Celesteela/Pelipper, so you can still use an Electric attack.

Get rid of Natures Madness on Lele, as with Psychic you'll probably be doing more than 50% to most mons, expect for perhaps Celesteela. Replace with something like Energy Ball, to catch Gastradons of gaurd.

Your Bulu set looks pretty good, I would recommend to bring Substitute over Leech Seed, and to bring Horn Leech over Superpower, as the extra health is nice, and Bulu already hits hard without Superpower. I would also recommend to bring a Miracle Seed, as it will lead to more OHKOs and will do more damage overall.

I'm not perfect, but these are a few suggestions I have.

Your team looks solid but there's quite a big flaw.

Your opponent might set up Trick Room, negating your TW. Also, if your opponent has a Mudsdale in TR, it'll be able to do some damage to almost your entire team (Goodra is safe here). If you see a Mudsdale and a TR setter, bring Goodra for the easier KO on Mudsdale. Magnezone is also a threat but he's not all that common.

Yes, it's very hard to deal with TR once they set it up. If I'm going against a TR team, I tend to make avoiding TR my #1 priority. I figured I could ditch Magnezone for something that would function better under TR. Araquanid, Mudsdale and Slowbro and Vikavolt sound nice. Gyarados and Metagross also sounds like a good replacement, but they're in the same boat for TR.

I would recommend giving Incineroar Earthquake as you said, for mons like Torkoal, and Magnezone.

I ran that for a while and unfortunately Protect is too valuable. Earthquake was extremely useful, but it put me in situations where I had no choice but to let Incineroar die.

On Magnezone you probably want to bring Discharge, in case you're up against A-Marowak and Celesteela/Pelipper, so you can still use an Electric attack.

I would really like to replace Magnezone, but I actually didn't know that, thank you!

Get rid of Natures Madness on Lele, as with Psychic you'll probably be doing more than 50% to most mons, expect for perhaps Celesteela. Replace with something like Energy Ball, to catch Gastradons of gaurd.

Gastrodon has certainly been giving me trouble, so I'll definitely try this.

Your Bulu set looks pretty good, I would recommend to bring Substitute over Leech Seed, and to bring Horn Leech over Superpower, as the extra health is nice, and Bulu already hits hard without Superpower. I would also recommend to bring a Miracle Seed, as it will lead to more OHKOs and will do more damage overall.

I will keep Superpower for now, but will replace Leech Seed with Horn Leech and Grassium Z for Miracle Seed. Would you recommend Sitrus Berry on Bulu?

I'm not perfect, but these are a few suggestions I have.

Any suggestion is worth my time, I appreciate it!
Here are some sets I wanted to try over Magnezone.

Slowking @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Oblivious
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Heal Pulse
- Scald
- Flamethrower / Protect

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Flash Cannon

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Mudsdale @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Stamina
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Protect

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Would any of these work?

Here are some sets I wanted to try over Magnezone.

Slowking @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Slack Off
- Heal Pulse
- Scald
- Flamethrower / Protect

Vikavolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Bug Buzz
- Flash Cannon

Araquanid @ Waterium Z
Ability: Water Bubble
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Mudsdale @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Stamina
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Close Combat
- Protect

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Would any of these work?
Vikivolt and Metagross could do some serious work, while they are pretty slow, a Tailwind should help you out there. I would recommend to pick on of those two.

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Rock Slide
- Tailwind
- Taunt Roar

- Protect

After going through all of the TW setters, I decided that Aerodactyl is the way to go for myself.
It's not gonna outspeed Talonflame in setting up TW, but worse case scenario is that we both have TW on.
Because of FS, all the Leles and how fast Aerodactyl is, there aren't many scenarios where I won't be able to setup TW.
FS saved me enough times to keep it. It always guarantees that Aerodactyl will be able to stop a TW/TR and set up a TW.

After that's done and I don't need to switch, Aerodactyl gets to do my favorite thing: Sit there and spam RS.
Removed Taunt for Roar because it helps me get rid of TR just as well + avoid threat.
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 156 HP / 40 Def / 252 SpA / 60 Spe
Modest Nature

- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Bomb

- Thunderbolt

- Ice Beam

I wanted something really bulky that covers a multitude of things.
My aim wasn't to OHKO anything, but to cripple as many things as possible so it would be much easier to KO later on.
Goodra's huge movepool mixed with its bulk made it perfect for the job. Sap Sipper is also nice because fuuuuck Bulu.

Sludge Bomb threatens all the Tapus and you can never go wrong with boltbeam.
Helps to KO/cripple most popular Intimidate users and most weather setters.
Most of the things Goodra doesn't have a coverage advantage over won't be able to OHKO it.

EVs were originally made to survive Jolly Sandslash, but I removed Flamethrower and added Incineroar.
Now I keep it because it's enough to survive Jolly Garchomp 50% of the time. Any better EV spreads suggestions are welcomed.

@ Incinium Z
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature

- Darkest Lariat
- Flare Blitz

- Fake Out
- Protect

I hated dealing with Steel-types and I wanted to be able to stop Porygon2 since I couldn't kill it.
Mimikyu was also a pain to deal with since most people would have a Mental Herb on.
I appreciate the disturbance Fake Out provides.
Malicious Moonsaults gets rid of so many things that Goodra has a hard time dealing with.
I would really like to add Earthquake instead of Protect for other Fire-types, but Incineroar might be too frail.
Would like some feedback on that.
Protect is too valuable for a few x2s.

@ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 SpD
Modest Nature

- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt Discharge
- Substitute

The one and only reason Magnezone is here is for Magnet Pull, though it's always nice to have paralysis support.
I supposed the purpose is to try and have one of the slots be useless for my opponent.
If not, Trapping to KO is always good.
I gave it Air Balloon to increase the chances of being able to switch in, trap a Steel-type and Substitute safely.
EVs are enough to survive a flamethrower from Arcanine and Salazzle.
Discharge also worked well, but I needed a little more damage sometimes.
Looking to replace Magnezone because it hasn't been as useful as I'd hope.

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness Energy Ball
Tapu Lele is my main go-to for the second half of the game. I'm sure you're all aware of the damage she could do.
I wanted to have more coverage moves on her, but I always end up going with Psychic and Moonblast anyway.
Not to mention if it's not doing x4, it won't do more damage than Psychic.

This was also the reason why I went with Dazzling Gleam. Picked Nature's Madness in case I wanted to use it much earlier.

Considering how it's scarfed, it's gonna outspeed all of my Pokemon, making it 50% all the time.
It guarantees me a KO if I need all my resources to hit one thing or it even helps to cripple things like Porygon2.
As Pixlet pointed out, Psychic would do 50% anyway, so I changed it for Energy Ball to have more options against Gastrodon and Rain teams.

@ Grassium Z Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
Adamant Nature

- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- Leech Seed Horn Leech
- Protect

It's hard to not have Tapu Bulu because he's currently the standard.
I felt comfortable adding Bulu simply because everyone is preparing for it and they will expect it most of the times.
It's still good despite that and it makes choosing who to use and start with much easier.
Does help that it hits like a truck.
Considering removing Grassium Z, but Bloom Doom is too good.
While Leech Seed helps me stall a bit more, but I won't mind removing it for other things if anyone has a better idea.
Decided to remove Leech Seed for Horn Leech for the extra damage.

I hope I provided enough information to make clear what I'm trying to accomplish with this team.
Feel free to suggest anything that you feel will make it better or even if you'd like to breakdown to me why it doesn't work.
Thank you for your time.
Taunt > Roar on Aerodactyl. Taunt actually does stop TR more effectively than Roar because you can use it even if your opponent only has two Pokemon left. It stops other status moves like Calm Mind, Recover, Tailwind, Leech Seed, and Protect. It also has neutral priority, so you can use it safely after your Sash breaks. I don't think shuffling your opponent's team is worth giving up on all that. Also, I don't think Unnerve Aero is available pre-bank, but I could be wrong. And running some speed EVs on Incineroar is a must if you ask me. I would run at least enough to outspeed standard Celesteela outside of Tailwind to make sure you can attack it before it Subs.

Incineroar already handles Celesteela well enough, so you can afford to drop Magnezone. You are a bit lacking in offensive pressure for a Tailwind team, so the Metagross option seems like the best of the ones you suggested. It synergizes well with Lele's Psychic Terrain and mainatins the Steel-type coverage that Magnezone brought, which is nice. The others you listed are all too slow to work outside of TR, even under Tailwind. And with a Tailwind team, I find that it's generally better to just stop TR from going up rather than trying to counter it with a slow mon. If you do decide use Metagross, I would not go the CB route since you would want to pair it with Lele, and Lele's already choiced. Having two choice-locked mons oout at once can really suck.

On paper your team looks like it would struggle to deal with Arcanine + Fini leads, which are very common right now. What do you normally lead against those?

Last edited:
Taunt > Roar on Aerodactyl. Taunt actually does stop TR more effectively than Roar because you can use it even if your opponent only has two Pokemon left. It stops other status moves like Calm Mind, Recover, Tailwind, Leech Seed, and Protect, . It also has neutral priority, so you can use it safely after your Sash breaks. I don't think shuffling your opponent's team is worth giving up on all that. Also, I don't think Unnerve Aero is available pre-bank, but I could be wrong. And running some speed EVs on Incineroar is a must if you ask me. I would run at least enough to outspeed standard Celesteela outside of Tailwind to make sure you can attack it before it Subs.

Incineroar already handles Celesteela well enough, so you can afford to drop Magnezone. You are a bit lacking in offensive pressure for a Tailwind team, so the Metagross option seems like the best of the ones you suggested. It synergizes well with Lele's Psychic Terrain and mainatins the Steel-type coverage that Magnezone brought, which is nice. The others you listed are all too slow to work outside of TR, even under Tailwind. And with a Tailwind team, I find that it's generally better to just stop TR from going up rather than trying to counter it with a slow mon. If you do decide use Metagross, I would not go the CB route since you would want to pair it with Lele, and Lele's already choiced. Having two choice-locked mons oout at once can really suck.

On paper your team looks like it would struggle to deal with Arcanine + Fini leads, which are very common right now. What do you normally lead against those?
Both have been working fine, but I guess you're right, it would be better to go back to Taunt. You're right, Unnerve isn't available yet. Showdown just didn't catch it for a while and I forgot to edit it. Incineroar should outspeed Celesteela, unless they're running +speed nature. Would 180 hp/252 atk/76 spe work?

I remember facing Arcanine/Fini lead once and I think I led Aerodactyl/Lele. Metagross has been working well so far, but I'm not sure what set to stick with. By all means, don't feel limited to the ones I suggested. I'm willing to try most suggestions. If there's a better option I could run than the ones I had in mind, I won't mind to hear it.

Both have been working fine, but I guess you're right, it would be better to go back to Taunt. You're right, Unnerve isn't available yet. Showdown just didn't catch it for a while and I forgot to edit it. Incineroar should outspeed Celesteela, unless they're running +speed nature. Would 180 hp/252 atk/76 spe work?

I remember facing Arcanine/Fini lead once and I think I led Aerodactyl/Lele. Metagross has been working well so far, but I'm not sure what set to stick with. By all means, don't feel limited to the ones I suggested. I'm willing to try most suggestions. If there's a better option I could run than the ones I had in mind, I won't mind to hear it.
Incineroar has base 60 speed to Celesteela's base 61, so if your Tailwind peters out and you haven't invested in speed you'll be outsped by every non-Brave/Relaxed/Sassy Celesteela. 76 Spe is a good amount, though. If you want to try some other mons over Metagross, you should look for specific team archetypes that you struggle against and check those. I don't feel comfortable giving any suggestions for that slot since I don't know what your team needs. For now sticking to Metagross is a good option. It synergizes well with the rest of your team and does well under Tailwind, so I think it's a good choice. I've used it on Tailwind teams in the past and it's always been one of my MVPs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)