1. The moderators of this forum are Da Letter El, LightWolf, shade, UncleSam, and zorbees.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Other LightWalr's Lupus (A Walrus Production)

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by LightWolf, Aug 11, 2017.

1. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

[​IMG]

Welcome one and all to the Walrus that has most definitely not been typechecked, coming to you straight from the third world country of Hungary!(Hey if Spanish get E, Germans get D, then why the fuck do we have to settle with an H on our licence plates when we don't call ourselves Hungary) But enough said let's get to the categories no one has been waiting for!

1. SYNESTHESIA
    No, I do not have it, getting that out of the way first. Submit a song that evokes an image, any image, be it a complex story, the color red or the letter V. Cat failing is hard as my imagination is quite wild. Instrumentals are preferred, but lyrics tend to also evoke quite vivid images, just make them English or German.
    Regenbogen - Ruth Kirchner

2. GET THAT WEEB SHIT OUT OF HERE
    I enjoy songs tied to anime as much as a person probably could, but a change of pace is definitely needed from time to time. Submit a song created for western animation(I will draw the line at Azerbaijan). Think Disney, think children cartoons, do not think dubs and make sure it's not actually anime(fucking Niels Holgerson, you had me fooled).
    Ducktales Theme - IN HUNGARIAN

3. PIANOKIND
    Strings and Horns may excite my bones, but keys are the bone of my songs. Submit a song featuring keyboard instrument. Note for Yeti, synth goes, but so does accordions, so lets get a bit wild here people. And no, tapping sounds on a keyboard are percussion.
    Miles Edgeworth Great Revival - Gyakuten Meets Jazz Soul
    Polka Face - Weird Al

4. UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE
    Make me enjoy myself. Submit a song that makes me smirk, smile, laugh or go "Oh yeah that is clever, lol". I will not tell you if you catfail on this one, finding something that gets at least some reaction out of me is on you. Songs will be entirely judged on the intensity of any of the above I get from it, so yes a "clever lol" can beat something that made me actually laugh. Songs I do not enjoy will likely influence the intensity of my reaction anyways.
    Urf Rap - videogamedunkey

5. THEY ARE THROWING PANDAS AT US!
    Pandering has long plagued our dearest Walrus community, so feel free to get that out of your system here. Pick a song not because you enjoy it, but because you think I would. Songs that I don't particularly enjoy will score worse here than in another cat, while a successful pander I never heard before will be scored higher. There is no catfailing here, except if you submit a song that'd normally be around 2.X.
    Example is everything I submitted and all other examples.

6. 'O SOLO MIO
    I like solos, and how nobody thought of this before goes over my head. Submit a song that contains a solo from any instrument you can imagine. I technically do not know what is and isn't a solo, so you probably have a wide error for margin. Important to note is, I do not consider the skill required to play a solo, more how the solo elevates, or in some cases readies a song for elevation, or just provides a peaceful moment, so a person who plays something not thought to be possible for humans hands, will not necessarily score well. A solo I like will elevate songs above their normal score if I do not exactly love the song as a whole, while a meh solo in a song I like will give it a worse score than in other cats, please keep that in mind. IT'D BE MOST HELPFUL if the timestamp where the solo starts was included, so if it's not being full played, we can at least listen to the solo.
    Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

7. I'M BOMBASTIC SAY ME FANTASTIC
    I like fantasy, nuff said. Submit a song that is about or from a fantasy work, or even just mentions a fantasy staple. Dragons, Hydras, Walrushydras, Merlin, King Arthur, Hercules, Lillim or whatever you fancy. Superhero stuff doesn't count, nor does sci-fi.
    Dovahkiin - ESV Skyrim

8. BOB MY HEAD, TAP MY FEET AND CALL ME SALLY
    The What Is Love category. Submit a song that make me bob my head and/or make me tap my feet(songs that call me sally sadly catfail). Bonus points if you make me dance, for I can't, and don't, prob won't.
    What Is Love - Haddaway

RULES:
    1. Do not submit something I have ever submitted, nor anything I listed as an example here. This is the only rule really....

ABOUT ME: I don't really have a specific thing I like in songs. I do however dislike country or most folkish songs(except when it's fantastical). In rap my taste is aberrant. My tastes in general are aberrant, and if you want to get a taste of my taste, it's best to check my previous submissions.

Signups:
    Steven Snype
    MK007
    Knights
    DLL
    Yeti
    shubaka
    Blazade
    Granny Pie
    Lord Gaius
    RODAN
    Hitmonleet
    P2X7
    bluedoom
    Walrein
    Agape
    vonFiedler
    Tman87
    Asek
    myzozoa

DEADLINE IS 1 WEEK FROM THIS POST, you have till the end of next Friday(18th of August), don't leave me waiting.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017 at 3:04 PM
  2. Steven Snype

Steven Snype Kunclord Supreme
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

3. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

One look at these cats and I know I have smooth sailing to a bottom half finish let's go
    MK007 likes this.
  4. MK007

MK007

5. KnightsofCydonia

KnightsofCydonia

Don't you watch House? It's never lupus. And I am never not in.
    MK007 likes this.
  6. Yeti

Yeti queen of unclesam's village
    is a Community Contributor

cant w8 to google "strange foreign songs that might have been in albinoblacksheep videos" and submit
    Granny Pie likes this.
  7. Blazade

Blazade
    Mafia Champion

God damn it I was gonna use the solo cat.

In
  8. shubaka17

shubaka17

same yeti

in
  9. MK007

MK007

I've been listening to far too much buckethead, satriani, malmsteen, vai, because I legit said what the fuck when I saw Welcome to the Jungle as the solo example before remembering a solo can be under 5 minutes... Hell under 1 minute lmao
    HeaLnDeaL likes this.
  10. Granny Pie

Granny Pie

Children's cartoon, huh? I gotchu.
    In.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  11. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Few clarifications

For the No Weeb cat, I allow songs that are remixes or covers off already existing songs used in Western animation.

Added an additional example to pianokind.

For Fantastic cat, it is enough if the title references a fantastical or mythical concept, but any extra effort is appreciated.

For Panda cat, I will not answer any questions directed or even indirect in relation to my tastes.
    Granny Pie likes this.
  12. Hitmonleet

Hitmonleet

Put me in coach.
  13. P2X7

P2X7

14. bluedoom

bluedoom

15. Agape

Agape
    Mafia Champion

why didn't you rename your cats to dogs

missed a golden opportunity there

in also
    LightWolf likes this.
  16. TMan87

TMan87 Always smiling through the scars
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Media Contributor

I'm in even though there's a "no weebs" category.
  17. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

First Cat Reveal tentatively on Monday. People have till then to at least submit for cat 1. Those who only done that please start working on the rest.
  18. Walrein

Walrein Let the hammer of eternity descend unto me!
    is a Community Contributor
    Mafia Champion

posting to say that Paradise City is a much better guns n roses song if you're looking for a good solo

and in general

Show Hide
    the true purpose of this post is to get notifications on this thread but i also wanted to make my opinion known
  19. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

But I like welcome to the jungle more... Be thankful I didn't put in Pepsi Man.
  20. LightWolf

LightWolf lightwoof
    is a Forum Moderator

Cat 1 Reveal, and submission deadline delayed to Wednesday due to listening complications.

People who didn't sub anything for cat 1 have until then (cough shubaka17 MK007 Blazade )
    Granny Pie likes this.
  21. Martin

Martin Siúil a Rún
    is a Live Chat Contributor

late but i entered
    LightWolf likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)