Walrus LG's Drunken Rave (Won by Nightmare!)

It's time. For those who don't know, a Walrus is a semi serious competition where you submit songs based on categories I give you, which are then judged without any bias at all by yours truly. I'll be posting this on both the Smogon and Serenes Forest forums. Let's get to it.

Scoring: No bonus points. Songs will be scored out of 10 (with the exception of the 8th category). Any song I've listened to previously will score an 8 or less. The highest total score wins at the end.

Category One: Elementalist. Submit a song that features Fire, Water, Earth, or Wind. this can be represented musically, lyrically, or both.

Fire: Set Yourself on Fire by Stars
Water: Acid Rain by Avenged Sevenfold
Earth: This Mortal Soil by Mastodon
Wind: Cloudless by Cranes

Category Two: Singing's Overrated. Submit a song that is either instrumental, or where the vocals are only rapped, screamed, or spoken.

Rabbit Run by Eminem
Assassins by Jean Grae, Royce Da 5'9", and Pharoahe Monch
Champion Cynthia Theme remix (Glitchxcity)

Category Three: Duality. Submit a song that features both a male and female vocalist.

Virtual Environment by Lacuna Coil
From Shadows by Jeff and Casey Williams

Category Four: It's not a phase. Submit a song that has the maximum amount angst and/or edginess possible.

You Call me a Bitch Like It's a Bad Thing by Halestorm
Thank You For the Venom by MCR

Category Five: Oh let's break it DOWN. Submit a song that energizes or invigorates anyone listening to it.

Till I Collapse by Eminem
-FINAL SIGMA- by Reol

Category Six: Media Culture. Submit a song that was created for a fictional work.

The Battle is to the Strong (Fate/Zero)
The Real Folk Blues (Cowboy Bebop)
Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Category Seven: Vices. Submit a song that is about something at one point considered a taboo in society. This can be alcohol, sex, violence, drugs, homesexuality, etc.

Swimming Pools (Drank) by Kendrick Lamar
Take Me to Church by Hozier
Make Me Cum (Demo) by Mindless Self Indulgence

Category Eight: Sell it to me. Submit three songs from the same album with the intent of making me want to listen to the whole album. Each song in this cat will be scored out of 5, for a total of 15 maximum points.

Album: City of Evil by Avenged Sevenfold

Songs: Bat Country, Sidewinder, Strength of the World.

About Me: Lol nah. No pandering here boys and girls. That being said, all example songs would have scored at least a 7.5. Expect a big fat 0 for submitting any of the following artists:

Avenged Sevenfold
Kendrick Lamar
tricot
Eminem
Jean Grae
Halestorm
Nirvana
Within Temptation
Kanye West
Lacuna Coil
Casey and Jeff Williams
Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts (and anything Cowboy Bebop related that falls through the cracks)

Signups will be open for a week, closing on July 15th. I'll put links to example songs when I'm not on mobile.

Ravers:
Granny Pie (Smogon)
Shubaka (Smogon)
Chen (Serenes Forest)
KnightsOfCydonia (Smogon)
RODAN (Smogon)
Nightmare (Serenes Forest)
Javelinlover (Serenes Forest)
Asek (Smogon)
Walrein (Smogon)
Zeonth (Serenes Forest)
Einto (Serenes Forest)
Blazade (Smogon)
Atomicllamas (Smogon)
Yeti (Smogon)
Da Letter El (Smogon)
Sylveonzoroark (Serenes Forest)
Stephen Snype (Smogon)
Zorbees (Smogon)
P2X7 (Smogon)
Myzozoa (Smogon)
HealNDeal (Smogon)
Paperblade (Serenes Forest)
LightWolf (Smogon)
Monde (Serenes Forest)
Marth (Serenes Forest)
Texas Cloverleaf (Smogon)
VonFiedler (Smogon)
Toren (Serenes Forest)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)