Status
Not open for further replies.

GOAO

Banned deucer.
SM: Kingler12345 vs Mambo - mombo is no match for the most consistent ever
XY: tazz vs Alice Kazumi - idk
BW: Star vs tcr - star truly one of the best

SM: Kingler12345 vs Mambo
I'd say this is a 65/35 here. Kingler won't be ready for Mambo innovations.
XY: Tazz vs Alice Kazumi
2 great players here this is really gonna be close but I think Tazz gonna eke out a win. 55/45.
BW: Star vs tcr
50/50. Too close to call.

an examination of the visual composition of the videos of 067jox

reference

i first thing u see are the two central textboxes

ii the vertical rectangles on the sides focus ur attention on the textboxes

iii next u see this rectangle jutting out from the vertical lines of the rest of the image

iv 067jox's eyes lead u

v to the bottom textbox and u read that shit

vi then u return to the top textbox and see agent mambos first line which redirects the eye to two places

067jox makes expert use of the rather bland and overly modernistic layout of ps to craft a visual narrative and maintain audience interest here. of particular interest is the location of the webcam which is unlike any other rectangles on screen. this horizontal rectangle contrasts with the columnar layout of ps and mirrors the textboxes. this makes it a focal point of the image.

here u see the battle. no numbers because those took a really fucking long time to do for the last pic.

the important compositional element of this battle is the eyeline. also of note are the buttons which the viewer understands link to the pokemon onscreen. this use of eyelines and implied links as well as rectangles and frames echoes the composition of velazquezs masterpiece las meninas. in both the creator uses simple compositional techniques to convey complex relationships.

u can see elements of self portraiture and the commentary on the creation of art in both. the eyes of 067jox lead both to the buttons on the screen for the viewer and to the screen on which he is creating his art for himself.

tldr 067jox is a fucking genius.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
claiming act, was told gmt -4 play "tmr night" yesterday. now I'm told my opponent doesn't actually want to play at all during the night. Will be on for the next hour; if you wanted to play during the day you shouldve said lets play during the day.

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
ur actually fucking retarded. I was on for 5 hours before now and got no vm or highlight from any member of your team. U also picked one day of availability and didn't respond to any pms on ps yesterday. There's also no fucking deadline genius. U can play at some point this weekend or just wait till whenever ur availability isn't one day a week

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ur actually fucking retarded. I was on for 5 hours before now and got no vm or highlight from any member of your team. U also picked one day of availability and didn't respond to any pms on ps yesterday. There's also no fucking deadline genius. U can play at some point this weekend or just wait till whenever ur availability isn't one day a week
sorry bud, but we actually had a scheduled time. I live in the same time zone as you, if you think "night time" is at 4 pm, then you're severely misguided. There might not be a deadline but we sure as hell don't need 3 fucking weeks to do 3 matches. I can't play weekend because i actually have shit in my life and im not going to spend my holidays playing pokemon. I didn't think scheduling with you would be an issue but i can see you're a coward avoiding a match. You can play during the night today, like you told me, or you can fuck off and i can take the activity win. Its not my responsibilty to be your fucking babysitter and check in on you every hour, if you're free to play just vm me

Edit: for the record, "night" is defined as sunset to sunrise. sun set on the east coast at 8:28, and i was online asking for you as early as 8:25.

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
upload_2017-6-30_21-53-38.png

first after telling me you were free for thursday you dodge and tell me today, then you dodge again? stop running and just play

Edit: aren't you at a family dinner? you're too busy to play a match but you can respond on forums about pokemon drama. lol.

Edit 2: I also asked to fight you almost 2 hours ago when i fucked up the timing. I appeared on PS and asked to fight you, until getting no response. Why didn't any of your teammates highlight you if you were ready to fight?

Last edited:

Star

is a Tournament Directoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis the defending RU Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OGC & Tour Head
I was free on Thursday but u dodged all my messages on ps and then asked me to play before my 2 wcop games instead. I just got back from dinner and I don't know how appearing on ps main and asking to fight me instead of messaging me directly on smogon or getting a teammate to do that constitutes any form of fucking activity lol. kindly fuck off and find a time to play where you don't just show up randomly not even attempting to contact me before requesting the most baseless activity win I've ever seen. Also it's hilarious how you call someone a coward and then request an act win in a match with no fucking deadline you dumb fuck.

tcr

sage of six tabs
are you or are you not refusing to play today? If you are blatantly refusing to play thats activity. You told me night, and its night and you refuse to play. I planned my schedule around playing today.

I didn't dodge your messages, I was asleep and when I happened to wake up and saw them you were already offline. Thats why I messaged you on smogon saying I was free to play. That was at 12 pm thursday. You told me "i can't play today, lets just do a different day."

Star

OGC & Tour Head
I also constituted 7-9pm before I had to leave as "night" u retard. I wasn't refusing to play then you just made no attempt whatsoever to notify me of u being online and wanting to play. You can either reschedule or shut the fuck up and sub out for someone who has actual availability

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Kingler12345 has missed our scheduled time of 9:30pm GMT -7. Evidence of this being scheduled can be found here.

I made plans for the evening so I'll be leaving now. I'm out of town for 4th of July weekend and won't be available to play again until Wednesday night of next week. I'm not opposed to rescheduling for sometime next week; however, taking into account Star tiptoeing around his match with tcr (and not to mention the already substantial delay of this tiebreak), I'd like an activity win to be considered Coconut. Both for myself and, especially, for tcr.

Also, was I right or was I right?
...glad we get to go to tiebreaks and listen to Starmaster bitch some more.

... you're on for 30 minutes the whole week? i'm sorry for missing the time and all but this is pretty ridiculous; hell, i've even seen you on PS twice [edit: obviously I messaged you] and you didn't respond to me. it's my fault for trying to play on my mornings on a whack sleep cycle but you can't seriously be active for 30 minutes the WHOLE WEEK and expect to get an act win. I'm probably one of the easiest people to schedule with considering how active I am.

Mambo im obviously down to reschedule for whenever you wannt but this wasn't an exactly easy time to meet anyway. still lol at requesting activity

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)