Resource LC in SPL 8: Replays and Team Dump!

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Approved by Fiend

OP stolen from last years

Another year, another SPL. This thread will cover everything LC-related in SPL, such as replays, records, etc. If there's anything I could add or I miss something, please let me know!

OP: 11500 (Circus Maximus Tigers) (retained)
Heysup: 10500 (Congregation of the Classiest) (retained)
ZoroDork: 10500 (Ever Grande BIGS) (retained)
Star: 10000 (Indie Scooters) (retained) (sales tax)
zf: 10000 (Firebot Falcons) (retained)
Sken: 7000 (Wifi Wolfpack)
Tricking: 6500 (Indie Scooters)
Zebraiken: 6000 (Circus Maximus Tigers)
Corporal Levi: 5500 (The Stark Sharks)
Ice Tea: 5500 (Cryonicles)
mad0ka: 5000 (Team Raiders)
Vubon: 3000(The Stark Sharks)
fatty: 3000 (Alpha Ruiners)
Christo: 3000 (Alpa Ruiners)
Kingler12345: 3000 (Team Raiders)
Coconut: 3000 (Ever Grande BIGS)
fitzy72: 3000 (Firebot Falcons)
Week 1 - January 9th, 2017

Team Raiders vs Circus Maximus Tigers
Cryonicles vs Wifi Wolfpack
Indie Scooters vs Firebot Falcons
Congregation of the Classiest vs Alpha Ruiners
Stark Sharks vs Ever Grande BIGS

Week 2 - January 16th, 2017

Alpha Ruiners vs Ever Grande BIGS
Circus Maximus Tigers vs Firebot Falcons
Cryonicles vs Congregation of the Classiest
Stark Sharks vs Indie Scooters
Wifi Wolfpack vs Team Raiders

Week 3 - January 23rd, 2017

Alpha Ruiners vs Wifi Wolfpack
Cryonicles vs Indie Scooters
Congregation of the Classiest vs Firebot Falcons
Stark Sharks vs Circus Maximus Tigers
Ever Grande BIGS vs Team Raiders

Week 4 - January 30th, 2017

Ever Grande BIGS vs Wifi Wolfpack
Circus Maximus Tigers vs Congregation of the Classiest
Stark Sharks vs Team Raiders
Cryonicles vs Firebot Falcons
Indie Scooters vs Alpha Ruiners

Midseason Draft & Fun Activity - February 6th, 2017

Week 5 - February 13th, 2017

Firebot Falcons vs Stark Sharks
Indie Scooters vs Ever Grande BIGS
Wifi Wolfpack vs Congregation of the Classiest
Alpha Ruiners vs Circus Maximus Tigers
Team Raiders vs Cryonicles

Week 6 - February 20th, 2017

Indie Scooters vs Team Raiders
Cryonicles vs Stark Sharks
Ever Grande BIGS vs Congregation of the Classiest
Wifi Wolfpack vs Circus Maximus Tigers
Firebot Falcons vs Alpha Ruiners

Week 7 - February 27th, 2017

Alpha Ruiners vs Cryonicles
Congregation of the Classiest vs Indie Scooters
Firebot Falcons vs Team Raiders
Wifi Wolfpack vs Stark Sharks
Ever Grande BIGS vs Circus Maximus Tigers

Week 8 - March 6th, 2017

Circus Maximus Tigers vs Indie Scooters
Alpha Ruiners vs Stark Sharks
Wifi Wolfpack vs Firebot Falcons
Team Raiders vs Congregation of the Classiest
Ever Grande BIGS vs Cryonicles

Week 9 - March 13th, 2017

Congregation of the Classiest vs Stark Sharks
Team Raiders vs Alpha Ruiners
Ever Grande BIGS vs Firebot Falcons
Indie Scooters vs Wifi Wolfpack
Circus Maximus Tigers vs Cryonicles

Week 10 - Semi-Finals - March 20th, 2017

#1 vs #4
#2 vs #3

Week 11 - Finals - March 27th, 2017

(#1 vs #4) vs (#2 vs #3)

Week 1
[RAID] mad0ka vs. OP [TGRS]
vs.

[CYRO] ice tea vs. Sken [WOLF]
vs.

[SCTR] Star vs. zf [FLCN]
vs.

[CONG] Heysup vs. fatty [RUIN]
vs.

[SHRK] Levi vs. ZoroDark [BIGS]
vs.

Week 2
[RUIN] Fatty vs ZoroDark [BIGS]
vs.

[TGRS] OP vs zf [FLCN]
vs.

[CRYO] ice tea vs Heysup [CONG]
vs.

[SHRK] Corporal Levi vs Star [SCTR]
vs.

[WOLF] Sken vs mad0ka [RAID]
vs.

Week 3
[RUIN] Fatty vs. Sken [WOLF]
vs.

[CRYO] Ice Tea vs. Star [SCTR]
vs.

[CONG] Heysup vs. zf [FLCN]
vs.

[SHRK] Corporal Levi vs. OP [TGRS]
vs.

[BIGS] ZoroDark vs. mad0ka [RAID]
vs.

Week 4
[BIGS] ZoroDark vs Sken [WOLF]
vs.

[TGRS] OP vs Heysup [CONG]
vs.

[SHRK] Corporal Levi vs mad0ka [RAID]
vs.

[CRYO] Ice Tea vs zf [FLCN]
vs.

[SCTR] Star vs Christo [RUIN]
vs.

Week 5
[FLCN] zf vs. Corporal Levi [SHRK]
vs.

[SCTR] Star vs. ZoroDark [BIGS]
vs.

[WOLF] Sken vs. Heysup [CONG]
vs.

[RUIN] Christo vs. Zebraiken [TGRS]
vs.

[RAID] Kingler12345 vs. Ice Tea [CRYO]
vs.

Week 6
[SCTR] Star vs. mad0ka [RAID]
vs.

[CRYO] Ice Tea vs Vubon [SHRK]
vs.

[BIGS] ZoroDark vs Heysup [CONG]
vs.

[WOLF] Sken vs Zebraiken [TGRS]
vs.

[FLCN] zf vs Christo [RUIN]
vs.

Week 7
[RUIN] Christo vs Ice Tea [CRYO]
vs.

[CONG] Heysup vs Star [SCTR]
vs.

[FLCN] zf vs Kingler12345 [RAID]
vs.

[WOLF] Sken vs Corporal Levi [SHRK]
vs.

[BIGS] ZoroDark vs OP [TGRS]
vs.

Week 8
[TGRS] OP vs Star. [SCTR]
vs.

[RUIN] Hogg vs Corporal Levi [SHRK]
vs.

[WOLF] Sken vs zf [FLCN]
vs.

[RAID] mad0ka vs GOAO [CONG]
vs.

[BIGS] ZoroDark vs ice tea [CRYO]
vs.

Semifinals
[RAID] Kingler12345 vs OP [TGRS]
vs.

[BIGS] ZoroDark vs Star [SCTR]
vs.

Finals

[SCTR] Star vs. OP [TGRS]

Corporal Levi (4-1)
Christo (2-0)
ZoroDark (3-2)
zf (3-2)
Heysup (3-2)
Sken (2-3)
madoka (2-2)
ice tea (2-3)
fatty (1-2)
Starmaster (1-3)
Zebraiken (0-1)
OP (0-4)

Good luck to everyone in SPL!

Joltage's Channel!

Last edited:
Ah SPL, my favorite time of the year. Looking forward to some quality matches between our LCers. Speaking of which....

Of the probable starters, we've got 6 of the 10 starters from last year returning, with a few more now (assumingly) taking up back-up roles.

Heysup returns for last year's SPL runner-ups, the Congregation of the Classiest, and will look to build on his impressive 7-2 regular season record from last year, which led all LCers. It doesn't look like Classiest management bothered to draft Heysup any backup or really any help at all, but I'm sure he'll be fine and his teammates will likely pick up the tier in some capacity to help Heysup test. Expect another solid season out of the veteran here.

After having his retention rights traded to his new team, Starmaster will play this season for the Indie Scooters, a team which last season really struggle with their LC play, starting 3 different players over the course of the 9 week regular season. After a solid 5-4 showing in his first SPL, Starmaster will likely come into the new season and the new meta with the confidence and drive to do even better this year. Backing him up will be likely be Tricking who also returns to the Scooters after posting a 1-1 record in LC last year.

A team that will have new blood in their LC slot this season last years champions, the Stark Sharks, with Corporal Levi making his well-deserved SPL debut this season. Levi has certainly been one of the premier LCers for quite a while now, at least as far back as when I started in XY, and recently has won the LC Open in 2016s Grand Slam. It'll be exciting to see if Levi can continue that tournament success on Smogon's grandest stage. Levi's backup for the season will be Vubon, whose mere drafting surprised a lot of people including myself. Only time will tell if the Shark's management will be justified in their choice, but I do feel that Vubon can be a serviceable backup for the team.

ZF, makes his return to the Firebot Falcons after posting a respectable 5-4 record as one of the team's few bright spots last season. Hopefully, he can improve upon that record and help his team bounce back from their dismal performance as a team last season. ZF will be backed up by Fitzy72 who entered last season as the starter on the Scooters, but after a disappointing start to the season ended up in and out of the rotation; ultimately posting a 2-3 record.

My surprise of last season, Zorodark also returns to the SPL scene, again representing the Ever Grande Bigs, after finishing the season 5-3, overcoming a very shaky 0-3 start. Though it is unclear whether he or LC room owner, and SPL rookie, Coconut will be getting the start as both are very solid players, his previous SPL experience and impressive record last season lead me to lean towards ZoroDark. Either way, the Bigs look to have a very strong LC core this year, just as they did last year.

Speaking of last seasons Bigs LC core, the other half of it is taking the step up from backup to starter this season for the WiFi Wolfpack. After being picked up during mid-season last year, Sken was seen as a major reason that ZoroDark went on the tear he did winning 4/4 while Sken was on the team. Despite being the backup last season, Sken does have a bit of SPL experience as he started the Week 7 match-up against Heysup. And if not for some unfortunate hax, Sken would have walked out the victor, but instead he has a 0-1 record to his name for last season. One potential pitfall for the Spaniard is the lack of actual backup for his postition, with the Wolfpack boasting a ton of good players, but no one I recognize as a solid LCer. One thing that is for sure about Sken though, is that he will be tough competition for the LC pool this year.

The Raiders boast a very formidable LC core this season, with 2 8-week starters from last SPL in Mad0ka and Kingler12345. While neither posted a particularly impressive record last season, going 4-4 and 3-5 respectively, it cannot be doubted how good these 2 players are. With Mad0ka's past history of ragequitting during tours (not a shot. I have nothing but respect for her as a player and competitor) I feel that bringing back Kingler was a really savvy move by the Raiders management; and assuming one of them works out exceptionally well, the other could potentially turn into a valuable trade asset. Both are very capable starters and should certainly do well, but heading in I assume that the Week 1 starter will be Mad0ka, seeing as Kingler is more versatile in terms of tiers he can play.

OP returns to the Circus Maximus Tigers this season after his 5-4 SPL debut season last year. As with all of our returning LCers I am sure he will look to build on and improve that performance this season. OP will be backed up this season primarily by Zebraiken, who actually hosted last season of SPL, and has recently picked up the tier with the release of Sun and Moon. Historically he's been a very good player so, I assume that if he decides to focus on LC he can be a more than capable backup for OP.

Fatty, who was on last season's Falcons, though he didn't end up seeing any action, looks to be the starter for the Alpha Ruiners. Fatty has long been a very solid player and LCer, so we can expect a solid showing I think. Reportedly, fatty is being backed up by Christo. whom I only know as a UUer, as that's what he played last season, so the quality of backup is dubious at least for me. That said Christo, in my limited knowledge of him as a player, is quite solid so I won't write him off without good reason.

As for the Cryonicles, I honestly don't know who they plan to start in LC. I've heard that it's supposedly Ice Tea, but as I've never seen this man play LC I can't really comment on him. I assume he's a good player, you don't really get drafted in SPL if you aren't at least somewhat good, but as far as I knew he primarily plays tiers not named LC. I expect Cryos to potentially look for a trade for an LCer at some point this season, since they have no auction credits to pick anyone up at mid-season. But who knows, I was thinking the same thing about the Bigs and ZoroDark last season, I might end up surprised again.

For those who care, I also plan to cover all the SPL games this season, just as I did last year on my YouTube channel. So that should be fun, hopefully I can catch most of the games live this year.

Last edited:
Power rankings are out!

1. Heysup
2. Star + Tricking
3. zf + fitzy72
4. Corporal Levi + Vubon
5. OP + Zebraiken
6. mad0ka + Kingler12345
7. ZoroDark + Coconut
8. Sken
9. fatty + Christo.
10. Ice Tea

Based on these ranks, week 1 should look something like this:
mad0ka vs OP
Ice Tea vs Sken
Star
vs zf
Heysup vs fatty
Corporal Levi vs ZoroDark

Possible discussions points:
  • Do you agree or disagree with the ranks?
  • What would you change?
  • What are your predictions for week 1?
  • What matches are you most excited for?
Personally, I'm most looking forward to watching Levi vs Zorodark. It's Levi's debut in SPL and I haven't watched ZoroDark play in awhile, so I'm excited to see what they both bring. Star and zf should be an amazing match as well, but I tend to think of them as boringly consistent players.

Last edited:

GOAO

Banned deucer.
Power rankings are out!

1. Heysup
2. Star
3. zf + fitzy72
4. Corporal Levi + Vubon
5. OP + Zebraiken
6. mad0ka + Kingler12345
7. ZoroDark + Coconut
8. Sken
9. fatty
10. Ice Tea

Based on these ranks, week 1 should look something like this:
mad0ka vs OP
Ice Tea vs Sken
Star
vs zf
Heysup vs fatty
Corporal Levi vs ZoroDark

Possible discussions points:
  • Do you agree or disagree with the ranks?
  • What would you change?
  • What are your predictions for week 1?
  • What matches are you most excited for?
Personally, I'm most looking forward to watching Levi vs Zorodark. It's Levi's debut in SPL and I haven't watched ZoroDark play in awhile, so I'm excited to see what they both bring. Star and zf should be an amazing match as well, but I tend to think of them as boringly consistent players.
i put op as 4th and levi as 5th bop!!, id go op > madoka, ict > sken, cant rly tell star x zf, heysup > fatty and levi > zoro o.o
op x madoka and star x zf are close asf since theyre 5th x 6th and 2nd x 3rd so ye. i rly want to see how fatty plays vs heysup o.o

I feel like all of these games should be good ones, at least I hope so. I'm gonna stray away from predictions as I feel like the player pool is close enough in skill that anyone can beat anyone else, and I've never really been one for predicts anyway.

Honestly, what I'm most excited for heading into this SPL is to see how the meta will shape up. With the differences between SM and ORAS, I think the players will have more opportunity for creative teambuilding. Are we gonna see z-moves everywhere on lure sets and the like? With Gothita gone, could we see perhaps more poison types to check the rampant fighters of the metagame? Will Spritzee start seeing some usage again? Is a there going to be a resurgence of Diglett or possibly some Trapinch or Wynaut making appearances? Will there be a Drifloon-esque explosion in usage and popularity this SPL? I think it's going to be interesting to see how the SPL meta shakes out and how it'll trickle down to the non-SPL meta. How do y'all see it playing out?

sam-testings

Week 1 of SPL has been released! http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-premier-league-8-week-1.3592109/

Here are the LC matchups.

Team Raiders (mad0ka) vs. Circus Maximus Tigers (OP)
Cyronicles (ice tea) vs. Wifi Wolfpack (Sken)
Indie Scooters (Star) vs. Firebot Falcons (zf)
Congregation of the Classiest (Heysup) vs. Alpa Ruiners (fatty)
The Stark Sharks (Levi)
vs. Ever Grande BIGS (ZoroDork)

I will try to update this post with scheduled times of fights, and if the players could tell me the times that would be great too.

Last edited:

sam-testings

Last edited:
MY thoughts:

[RUIN] fatty vs. ZoroDark [BIGS]- although I haven't seen either player play very much, I do see a lot of skill coming out from both. Gut reaction going with Zoro.
[TGRS] OP vs. zf [FLCN]- Both excellent players, I gotta give it to zf for just pure skill
[CRYO] ice tea vs. Heysup [CONG] - Heysup, just Heysup
[SHRK] Levi vs. Star [SCTR]- Looking like an excellent match, but going with Star, although he may need some luck on his side
[WOLF] Sken vs. mad0ka [RAID]- I do believe Sken really does have the skill to beat doka, and I expect a really good game that may even be decided by hax

Almost picked all the right choices lol

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
fatty vs zoro is such a toss up for me that i'm really just going with zoro so fatty can surprise me. both are v strong and diverse.
zf is going 11-0.
heysup is favorable but ict is looking strong.
star has NEVER beat levi.
doka > sken in playing ability and i think her play style is just an issue for sken's typical builds. could be wrong tho.

sam-testings

Week 3 of SPL has been released! http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/smogon-premier-league-8-week-3.3593559/

Here are the matchups:

[RUIN] Fatty vs Sken [WOLF]
[CRYO] Ice Tea vs Star [SCTR]
[CONG] Heysup vs zf [FLCN]
[SHRK] Corporal Levi vs OP [TGRS]
[BIGS] ZoroDark vs mad0ka [RAID]

feel free to post match analysis and predictions here! If I have time I will compile all the predictions and have stats for that up too :3

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fatty [55] vs [45] Sken -- Fatty has been doing well thus far, though Sken hasn't been doing bad really. Though be close and could go either way, but both will be trying very hard and I think fatty is just a bit better as a player.
Ice Tea [40] vs [60] Star -- ict has been doing great all things considered, but last week he got lucky and during Slam he was getting teams from starmaster. If star stops trying to be cool and ict isn't lucky then it shouldn't really be that close.
Heysup [30] vs [70] zf -- zf is going 11-0, but if anyone as a chance at stopping him it is heysup.
Corporal Levi [55] vs [45] OP -- I feel like I never support OP. Levi is the man and simply better, but OP isn't bad per say.
ZoroDark [45] vs [55] mad0ka -- Zoro has impressed me far more than doka has, yet I think with how consistent her luck is in SPL she has the edge.

fatty versus sken, ict verses star, and zorodark versus doka should be fun to watch
I'm more interested in the teams of Levi vs OP than the match
I'm not really interested by zf versus heysup, I think heysup is just going to play a tight game and lose to luck again and I'd rather not watch that again

Bored so predicts :p

Zorodark
vs Sken - sken is pretty good but from what ive seen zorodark is better. Wouldnt be surprised if sken managrd to take this tho

OP vs Heysup - heysup is heysup so like lol. OP hasnt been doing so hot recently and i rly hope he does better tho

Corporal Levi vs mad0ka - both are great players, but i gotta congratulate levi for his record and sudden splash on the tour scene, not fucking bad at all dude; stay slaying

Ice Tea vs zf - sorry zf but ict has lost too many spl games to stupidly retarded unfair luck. Zf is still a beast tho.

Star vs Christo - christo is a strong player in general but star is pretty experienced in lc and i dont think star can lose this if be brings a good team and plays solid

All of these matches will be close. All great players who deserve to be in spl so glhf

GOAO

Banned deucer.
nothing to do as well so ye

Zorodark
vs Sken - i think sken is better at teambuilding but zoro is rly rly good so ye.
OP vs Heysup - both are bad players but i think heysup is a bit better :s
Corporal Levi vs mad0ka - i dont think madokas been playing great while levi is been a beast so..
Ice Tea vs zf - cant rly tell
Star vs Christo - close 1

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Sigh, I was looking forward to a challenge this week, but then I learned that I would be battling madoka instead of my childhood hero, Kingler12345. Come watch my triple Shell Armor + Munchlax core slay madoka on Saturday, 11 PM EST.

Zorodark [50] vs [50] Sken - Both players have been pretty horrifying so far, especially that last game Sken played. Sken has showed he can battle at an extremely high level on top of being one of LC's best builders, and Zorodark has been on a roll for quite some time now. Definitely looking forward to this one.
OP [55] vs [45] Heysup - While it would have been interesting to see zeb play SPL as an Official LCer for the first time, I'm honestly a bit relieved that OP is still starting. The last game was the first time I've seen OP misplay in my life; as far I'm concerned he's still as solid as they come. Of course Heysup is too, but while OP has definitely not been lucky these past few weeks, I think he still beats Heysup in that category enough to be given a slight edge. A close match, but not a good one when their wincons get crit-dropped-rolled as soon as they come in, probably
Ice Tea [45] vs [55] zf - It's hard to predict against zf because, well, he's zf. That being said, I'd be hesitant to even call it an upset if ict pulls out the win this week - he's been insanely strong these past few weeks, backing up his playing ability with surprisingly solid builds, and at this point he could probably hold his own against anyone.
Star [65] vs Christo [35] - I've heard good things about Christo's building and playing, and it didn't seem like Star was playing and building at his best these past few weeks, so I could see Christo managing to win through that. There's still a huge gap between the two in LC experience, though; if Star even comes close to getting back in the groove, I think it'll be fairly one-sided.

Zorodark vs Sken is the match I'm most excited about, and it's made even more meaningful by their history. Should be a good pre-show before we celebrate GOAO becoming the classiest's new starter post-mids

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)