Tournament LC Draft Cup [Won by Mythological Magikarps]

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Quote

Art by Bummer

Welcome to the LC Draft League. This league, which is co-hosted by MeButYou82 and myself, will be played by 12 teams of 2 people. These teams will first have to draft a team of 10 Pokemon, using the following system:
  • Each team has 1000 points.
  • The order of draft will be done in a randomized snake format. What this means is that we will randomize the order for the first round. Then, during the second round, the order will be reversed, meaning whichever team was first in the initial round is now last. This will continue, so in the third round, the order will be the same as it was in the first round.
  • Each Pokemon that is drafted costs points that correspond to their spot in the viability rankings:
o S -> 200
o A+ -> 180
o A -> 160
o A- -> 140
o B+ -> 120
o B/B- -> 100
o C+ -> 80
o C -> 60
o C- -> 40
o Unranked/Smogfrog -> 20
> Note that all of Pumpkaboo's formes will be combined together and count as a single Pokemon that will be considered A rank.​
  • You may not draft Pokemon that a different team has drafted before you.
Once every team has 10 Pokemon, the tournament will start. It will be a Double Elimination Tournament. Each round, all teams choose 6 out of their 10 Pokemon to use in the battle and build a team with them. The teams then choose one of their two players to play a Bo1 match against the opposing team (your teammate may help, or ghost, you during the game). The saved replay should immediately be posted in this thread.

Signups will last until 12 teams have signed up, and the draft will take place at a time that will be announced after signups have been concluded. After all teams have signed up, you can still sign up as substitutes for if one of the teams drops out. For the draft, we will be using a Discord channel. An invite link will be sent to all players via a PM on the forums.

On inactivity:
When you contact an opposing team, it should always be done by posting on the profile of an opponent. This is done so that it is easier for us to keep track of who has contacted who and whether a response is given or not. The agreed and exact time at which the battle will take place should be visible on the profile.

Inactivity is defined as:
1. Not contacting the opponent’s team or responding to being contacted during the 1 week time period given for the round.
2. Failing to show up within half an hour after the exact time the two teams agreed to play the match on. Make sure to contact your opponent within half an hour of the agreed time before calling activity on these grounds, in order to make sure they didn’t just forget. If your opponent fails to show up and the half-hour time period is over, you should immediately post in the thread and report this so we know you were online during the agreed time.

When a team is inactive during a round, they will automatically lose the match. In the rare situation that both teams of a match are inactive, the match will be coinflipped.

Please read and understand all of the rules before signing up. Feel free to ask any questions by posting below or PMing me or MeButYou82 on Discord or the forums.

Signup Format
Team Name:
Player 1:
Timezone Player 1:
Player 2:
Timezone Player 2:

Your teammate must like your post as confirmation.
To sign up as a substitute, send me or MeButYou82 a PM on the forums at any time. You may sign up as a substitute on your own or as a team. If you sign up on your own, you will be paired up with another substitute if you are needed. If you wish to sign up as a team, please use the above format.

Last edited:

Xayah

San Bwanna
The draft result:

Coaches: Fille and Jox
Gastly
Snubbull
Elekid
Drilbur
Corphish
Dwebble
Budew
Axew
Morelull
Purrloin

Coaches: fitzy72 and Sken
Doduo
Timburr
Ponyta
Skrelp
Sandshrew
Tyrunt
Cranidos
Minccino
Dratini
Alolan Meowth

Coaches: Osh and SANJAY
Staryu
Taillow
Ferroseed
Houndour
Trapinch
Bunnelby
Venipede
Mantyke
Stufful
Cunchoo

Coaches: HSOWA and Mikaav
Croagunk
Diglett
Omanyte
Meowth
Archen
Magby
Sandile
Snover
Jangmo-o
Pineco

Coaches: Drew and ict
Sewaddle
Torchic
Alolan Sandshrew
Amaura
Mareanie
Wingull
Honedge
Pikipek
Fomantis
Bulbasaur

Coaches: Dundies and ggggd
Foongus
Slowpoke
Mudbray
Wynaut
Lickitung
Lileep
Zubat
Growlithe
Geodude
Remoraid

Coaches: fatty and Merritt
Surskit
Snivy
Pumpkaboo
Carvanha
Clamperl
Mankey
Inkay
Larvesta
Nosepass
Voltorb

Coaches: KoldKappuccino and parivard
Abra
Zigzagoon
Scraggy
Zorua
Aipom
Natu
Fletchling
Tirtouga
Baltoy
Oddish

Coaches: Reviloja753 and ItsYaBoi1337
Shellder
Magnemite
Pancham
Frillish
Tentacool
Hippopotas
Deerling
Numel
Bronzor
Teddiursa

Coaches: Ninjadog~ and iRKD
Onix
Chinchou
Spritzee
Rufflet
Munchlax
Riolu
Stunky
Dewpider
Chimchar
Trubbish

Coaches: ItzViper482 and TraceofLife
Mienfoo
Alolan Grimer
Kabuto
Phantump
Koffing
Spinarak
Buneary
Darumaka
Alolan Rattata
Anorith

Coaches: blizzardy and Gummysaur
Vullaby
Pawniard
Alolan Vulpix
Cottonee
Salandit
Goldeen
Skitty
Slugma
Wooper
Venonat

Last edited:

Xayah

San Bwanna
Due to concerns about the length of this tour, it will be changed to a Double Elimination Tournament instead of Round Robin. All other rules remain the same. Apologies for the sudden change.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Team Name: Skitty "Fans"
Player 1: blizzardy
Timezone Player 1: GMT -4
Player 2: Gummysaur
Timezone Player 2:
GMT -4

Last edited:
Signups closed.
You can still sign up as substitutes.

The time of the draft will be announced soon.
MBY you're dumb

Gummysaur and Melon have yet to confirm so shouldn't sign-ups remain open? Xayah told me in pm oo

E: Gummy confirmed and assuming Rev asked Melon since Melon's tutoring them, so we should be good.

MBY you're dumb

Gummysaur and Melon have yet to confirm so shouldn't sign-ups remain open? Xayah told me in pm oo

E: Gummy confirmed and assuming Rev asked Melon since Melon's tutoring them, so we should be good.
I did ask melon cause Melon is tutoring me and Melon liked so we good

I don't know exactly if sub should be done as teams just saying I'm very willing to do this, in as sub?

Timezone:GMT+8

Xayah

San Bwanna
The draft will take place on Saturday August 12th at 4:00 pm GMT. A PM has been sent to all players with additional details. It is recommended for all substitutes to be online at this time, as we can only sub you in for the draft if you are online (otherwise we can't hold the draft).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)