LC Analysis Questions and Suggestions

In Vullaby's Check and Counters section, it says that Onix's Rock Blast is a guaranteed KO vs WA, which isn't the case when it lowrolls, whether it is vs Eviolite or Berry Juice. I would say that it has a good chance to KO instead or something like that.

In Clamperl's Other Options, it says that Rattled is inferior to Shell Armor, even though the main set now runs Rattled. I think that sentence should be removed completely.

A few personal suggestions for Mienfoo's analysis:
1) For the bulky attacker/pivot set, I feel like in this meta, Slow foo is better and more popular than 17 speed foo. I would move it to the main set, but it isn't that important.
2) For the slow pivot foo, instead of the recommended 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD with an Impish nature spread, I would suggest a spread of 76 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD with an Impish nature. Even though this overshoots the Eviolite number, I find that this tweak is more appropriate for this meta. The additional point in defense allows foo to almost always (93.7%) survive a Brave Bird from max attack Vullaby after Stealth Rock, while still almost always surviving Focus Sash Abra's Psychic after Stealth Rock. Then, Mienfoo no longer has to worry about a Vullaby switch-in on his Knock Off, since it can tank a Brave Bird and KO Vullaby with HJK after a Weak Armor Defense drop. The additional Defense investment also allows Mienfoo to have a small but non-negligible chance (25%) to survive Doduo's Brave Bird after Stealth Rock and Zigzagoon's Extremespeed at +6.
Downsides of the change: due to the loss of 1 HP, foo now has a 50% chance to die to Shatter Psyche from Carvanha. Also, all the calcs get messed up by Spikes, but with Vullaby everywhere, Rocks should be much more common. A hazard removal is still useful for Spikes I guess. I think that the advantages are worth this little downside, since otherwise, the 1 HP doesn't matter as much, for all the options that I've considered.

Kipkluif

Liever Kips leverworst
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Torchic doesn't have a smogdex analysis yet despite being unbanned for a while. I think the speed boost Firium Z set does deserve an analysis though, even if the pokemon isn't that viable.

Sorry if I sound slightly stupid here, but is there a list of nonreserved pseudo-analyses qualified pokemon? I wanted to get into that, and I wasn't sure where to reference in order to find a pokemon to reserve.

In Scarf Diglett's analysis, it says that "Final Gambit and Memento circumvent Choice Scarf Diglett often being setup bait after a revenge-kill." Isn't this just false, since after a revenge-kill, Diglett would most likely be locked into Earthquake? I would say just to remove that sentence.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
In Scarf Diglett's analysis, it says that "Final Gambit and Memento circumvent Choice Scarf Diglett often being setup bait after a revenge-kill." Isn't this just false, since after a revenge-kill, Diglett would most likely be locked into Earthquake? I would say just to remove that sentence.
Scarf Diglett Earthquake is honestly pretty weak, so most somewhat bulky Pokemon or Pokemon that resist/are immune to Ground (like Gastly, Vullaby, Snivy, ect) get completely free turns to boost up, set up Substitute, clear hazards, or just get completely free momentum. Final Gambit and Memento are partially to help prevent that issue.

both LC Rowlet and LC Shelmet have Baton Pass sets as main sets, which are illegal. Revamp in order possibly?
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/rowlet-qc-0-2.3653674/

Rowlet's got a pseudo analysis currently being worked on, Shelmet's has been removed from the site and will be up for grabs as a pseudo analysis soon.

Scarf Diglett Earthquake is honestly pretty weak, so most somewhat bulky Pokemon or Pokemon that resist/are immune to Ground (like Gastly, Vullaby, Snivy, ect) get completely free turns to boost up, set up Substitute, clear hazards, or just get completely free momentum. Final Gambit and Memento are partially to help prevent that issue.
I'm more confused by the part "after a revenge-kill." I assume it means that Diglett just used revenge-killed a mon with EQ or Rock Slide. But then, the other moves don't prevent it from being setup bait anyway, since it will be locked into its EQ or Rock Slide. So unless Diglett is knocked off or smth, I don't see the relevance of that sentence.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
I'm more confused by the part "after a revenge-kill." I assume it means that Diglett just used revenge-killed a mon with EQ or Rock Slide. But then, the other moves don't prevent it from being setup bait anyway, since it will be locked into its EQ or Rock Slide. So unless Diglett is knocked off or smth, I don't see the relevance of that sentence.
The sentence could probably be shortened to just Final Gambit instead of including Memento. It's saying that if Diglett revenge kills something with Final Gambit instead of Earthquake it can avoid momentum loss from being locked into the relatively weak Earthquake (or the horrifically weak Rock Slide/Pursuit/Beat Up).

https://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/pokemon/abra/

In Abra's Focus Sash set, the move Counter is suggested alongside the ability Magic Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this impossible since Magic Guard is a Hidden Ability and there is no way for an Abra to be given Counter beyond FRLG? Under the Moves section it does specify that Counter cannot be given alongside Hidden Power Fighting but doesn't mention how it cannot exist alongside Magic Guard.

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion

In Abra's Focus Sash set, the move Counter is suggested alongside the ability Magic Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this impossible since Magic Guard is a Hidden Ability and there is no way for an Abra to be given Counter beyond FRLG? Under the Moves section it does specify that Counter cannot be given alongside Hidden Power Fighting but doesn't mention how it cannot exist alongside Magic Guard.
It does work with magic guard

Abra can have both Counter and Hidden Power Fighting. I think that the analysis says that they "cannot" be used together because it would be bad: they both have the same primary purpose in countering Pawniard (HP Fighting does it better and also hits Magnemite but Counter also covers Alolan Grimer and some other mons). Using them both would be somewhat redundant. I agree that the sentence saying that in the analysis is misleading, and that it could be worded better by saying "should not" instead of "cannot".

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Abra can have both Counter and Hidden Power Fighting. I think that the analysis says that they "cannot" be used together because it would be bad: they both have the same primary purpose in countering Pawniard (HP Fighting does it better and also hits Magnemite but Counter also covers Alolan Grimer and some other mons). Using them both would be somewhat redundant. I agree that the sentence saying that in the analysis is misleading, and that it could be worded better by saying "should not" instead of "cannot".
Abra is capable of having both Counter and Hidden Power Fighting. Abra is not able to have all three of Hidden Power Fighting, Counter, and Magic Guard, as Virtual Console transfers are guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs (Mew and Celebi are guaranteed at least 5). Hidden Power Fighting allows for no more than two perfect IVs - this is the same reason why several legendary Pokemon are incapable of running Hidden Power Fighting as well.

The statement in the analysis could be made clearer to elaborate that it's the combination of all 3 that is impossible, however nobody should ever run Abra lacking Magic Guard.

Abra is capable of having both Counter and Hidden Power Fighting. Abra is not able to have all three of Hidden Power Fighting, Counter, and Magic Guard, as Virtual Console transfers are guaranteed at least 3 perfect IVs (Mew and Celebi are guaranteed at least 5). Hidden Power Fighting allows for no more than two perfect IVs - this is the same reason why several legendary Pokemon are incapable of running Hidden Power Fighting as well.

The statement in the analysis could be made clearer to elaborate that it's the combination of all 3 that is impossible, however nobody should ever run Abra lacking Magic Guard.
Oh dang, didn’t know that. Thanks for the precision!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)