Know Your Niche - Round 19 (see: page 12, post 279)

Status
Not open for further replies.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
reserving Quagsire, I guess...

quagsire.gif

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

A pretty standard Quagsire set, used to punish the likes of CM Clefable on opposing stall (or any special setup sweeper not named Volcarona, for that matter). Scald burns can pressure Sab as well as Toxic on other members, and could cause Chansey (the cleric) to work overtime (starving it of Heal Bell PP). Recover keeps you topped up (well duh) and allows you to download switches. Not a lot to it, it's the same blue derpo we've all come to know and love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reserving Gliscor

B A T (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/Taunt
- Roost

Gliscor is a really great stallbreaker with the duo of Swords Dance + Toxic Orb, making it immune to status like Mega Sableye's Will-o-Wisp and making it incredibly difficult to halt it from setting up. Its also incredibly bulky, it easily shrugs of Toxapex's Scald and Clefable's Moonblast and doesn't care if its Toxic Orb is knocked off by Sab as long as its already poisoned. Even Knock Off is great for chipping Skarm and getting rid of Leftovers/Black Sludge which is on every single stall mon. Taunt easily shuts down passive mons and opposing Gliscor, but it has a set of its own IIRC.

Its different from Landorus T in a way that its a lot easier to fit onto stall since it has multiple forms of recovery and it breaks down opposing stall, and Landorus doesn't even fit on stall anyway.

Last edited:
Guess I'll give it a shot.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers/Tapunium Z
Calm. D/SD 252 HP 4
Scald
Nature's Madness
Aqua Ring
Moonblast

This set's means of aiding against other stall teams relies on the 50% HP reduction of Natures madness and the chance for Burns off of Scalds. Aqua Ring and Leftover incur passive recovery. The Z move Guardian of Alola is also a considerable option for really bulky sweepers that the rest of your team can't chip away. Moonblast is for a Super-effective hit on (Mega-)Sableye whose abilities are rendered moot by the Misty Terrain. I'd advise bringing a parter that can hit Toxapex however, as Fini's STABs are resisted, the terrain cannot last forever, and Toxapex can recover HP with Recover and regenerator.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Round 12: Find a Pokemon which appreciates things being trapped and eliminated by TectonicTran or BloomTran

I'm not listing the targets for these 'cause they should be common sense for anyone who's used these sets and, as such, I don't feel that I need to be that objective w/ this week's criteria. Just keep in mind the types of teams you use Z-Trapper Tran on and carefully consider what it is trapping+eliminating.
Heatran @ Groundium Z / Grassium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock / Solar Beam

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Sorry for the waiting

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn

Ash-greninja really appreciate the Heatran ability to trap because it easily traps and removes two pokémon that wall ashninja, especially before its trasformation: Tapu Fini and Magearna.

Despite the second can escape with Volt Switch, it can be 2HKOed with Magma Storm allowing ashninja to end it with a Choice Specs boosted Hydro Pump.

252 SpA Heatran Bloom Doom (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 296-350 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 194-230 (53.4 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
(this shuffle sprite tho)

Sharkira Sharkira (Sharpedo) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Waterfall / Poison Jab

Mega Sharpedo is a pretty underrated threat right now that can clean pretty easily once its checks are weakened/removed. It really benefits from Heatran's ability to apply chip damage super easily via Magma Storm and/or Stealth Rocks, its ability to threaten Steels and Grasses like Celesteela and Tangrowth, and Heatran luring bulky Waters that wall Sharpedo like Tapu Fini and Alomomola. Heatran can also lure fat Ground-types like Hippowdon (which actually has a high chance of avoiding the 2HKO from Waterfall anyways) if Sharpedo is running Poison Jab instead of Waterfall to cover Fairy-types. Otherwise Heatran can cover most Fairies that would threaten Sharpedo like Clefable and Scarf Tapu Lele if Adamant.

Last edited:

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost / Earthquake

Mega Charizard X has it kind of rough this generation compared to XY/ORAS. It has a lot more checks than it did previously, such as Tapu Fini, defensive Landorus-T, and Toxapex. Luckily, Heatran lures all three of these Pokemon and can remove them from play.

Magma Storm alone 2HKOs defensive Landorus-T, but it usually doesn't switch in to something like Heatran and would rather come in for free. Should you choose to run HP Ice, however, it kills Lando-T after a small amount of prior damage or has a 50% chance to OHKO after rocks. Meanwhile, both Tapu Fini and Toxapex are common switchins to Fire types like Heatran and Zard X. After a Magma Storm, Tapu Fini gets smacked hard by Bloom Doom, while Toxapex is Taunted and proceeds to get whittled by Earth Power.

Last edited by a moderator:

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life

Nihilego @ Air Balloon
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power Ice

Air Balloon Nihilego meshes well with Bloom Doom Heatran. Not only does Nihilego provide Hazards to help Heatran whittle down opponents but it also functions as a free switch-in for the Earthquakes that Heatran is well known to invite, provided Balloon is intact. Also, Heatran helps Nihilego by roasting the Steel types and severly weakening if not outright scoring the OHKO on the grounds/waters that make Nihilego's life difficult. Just make sure you have solid answers to Garchomp and Zygarde which would give these two difficulty, otherwise.

Last edited:

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-Turn/Flash Cannon

Straight up, Tapu Fini absolutely cockblocks this mon. Being immune/resistant to its main stabs, and neutral at worst to its coverage options, Hydreigon is generally best to just U-Turn out if it has the possibility. Obvs, Tran beats Fini with Bloom Doom, while also beating Clef + Chansey with Magma + Taunt. Toxapex is a decent check too, being able to recover off the Draco damage barring a crit so Hydreigon appreciates that being out of the way

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower / Thunder Wave

I'm sure those of us who played ORAS remember how lovely this set is. With the Groudium Z set, Heatran can trap (or lure) opposing Heatran or Toxapex which are huge roadblocks for a Clefable sweep. Heatran also helps to scare out Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn which Clefable needs weakened to bypass. The above Clefable set avoids the 2HKO from non-Zen Headbutt Mega Medicham while also not being 2HKOed by Tapu Koko's Thunderbolt at +1. Flamethrower is used to put the hurt on Steel-types after you are ready to sweep but Thunder Wave provides utility to the team. If you are using Thunder Wave, running 12 Spe allows you to outspeed Paralyzed Tapu Lele which is a nice benchmark.

Disclaimer: Always pack something to beat Greninja since both Heatran and Clefable lose to it.

Last edited:

Martin

is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just so you know, I'm going to be updating this within the next day or two. Once again, sorry about delays, as there are just a few logistical issues on my end that I'm trying to iron out, and once again thank you so much for your patience with me :pimp:

Also I'd like to give a huge thank you to Ssensenh for making the really awesome banner which you can now see in the OP :D y'all should go check out their art thread in Smeargle's Studio too 'cause there's some really good stuff in there!

Martin

Round 13: Find a lure for special blanket checks to aid a special attacker break and/or sweep.
The Pokemon must successfully lure 2 or more of the following Pokemon (slashed Pokemon all count as one target):
  • SpD Celesteela
  • AV Magearna
  • Toxapex
  • AV Alolan Muk
  • Chansey / Calm Mind Blissey
  • Tapu Fini / Primarina
  • Amoonguss / Mega Venusaur / Assault Vest Tangrowth
  • Mew
  • SpD Heatran
  • SpD Jirachi
Another p. un-specific week; go nuts!

Last edited:
Reactions: BM

Leo

after hours
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Reserving NM Koko

Tapu Koko @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn

This set has been gaining traction over the past couple of months after being used in SPL a couple of times. It basically takes advantage of Koko having fast Nature Madness'es as well as Taunts to bait in and cripple special walls such as Chansey, AV Muk, AV Mag and some others while naturally beating Toxapex and Celesteela due to its Electric typing. This is the spread I've been using although I've seen some run less bulk for stronger tbolts because it has 95 base SpAtk lol. Iapapa Berry lets you take some hits and get back half of your health thus making it a more effective pivot

Last edited:

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
This sounds absolutely bloody FIRE

Reserving Tapunium Fini

Round 13: Find a lure for special blanket checks to aid a special attacker break and/or sweep.
The Pokemon must successfully lure 2 or more of the following Pokemon (slashed Pokemon all count as one target):
  • SpD Celesteela
  • AV Magearna
  • Toxapex
  • AV Alolan Muk
  • Chansey / Calm Mind Blissey
  • Tapu Fini / Primarina
  • Amoonguss / Mega Venusaur / Assault Vest Tangrowth
  • Mew
Another p. un-specific week; go nuts!
tapufini.gif

Tapu Fini @ Tapunium Z
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Whirlpool
- Taunt
- Defog

For those of you with moderate passive observation - this set should really speak for itself, and why it is able to break some of those that Martin has listed for us today. Specifically:

• Chansey / CM Blissey
  • Toxapex
  • AV Alolan Muk (Poison typing not withstanding)
  • Sp.Def Celesteela
Chansey and Toxapex are obviously seen on Stall, Spearheaded by Sab-M and Duggy. Fini is generally a superb check to both of these, but gets stopped cold by Chansey, Toxapex and by extension Clefable. Now, picture the scene:

- The opponent has a Sableye out, and I go into Fini to check it.
Opponent: "Oh, that's easy - I go into either Chansey/Pex to wall it"
- I trap with Whirlpool, as they go into Chansey/Pex.
Opponent: "Bah, no matter. I can heal all this off"
- (Get's Taunted)
"Oh cock..."

After this, and the chip is found from Whirlpool: Tapunium Z (Guardian of Alola) comes into play - and the rest is history. Defog is admittedly the most interchangeable move here (replaceable with Scald/Moonblast, for example), but in the case of anti-Stall walls, it CAN clear off SR from Chansey / Toxic Spikes from Toxapex (as well as being the team's natural defogger, as always). Oh yeah, and Max HP is there for surviving the most Seismic Tosses from Chansey, while Toxapex can sod off lol struggles to do anything to you (and alas, you can't be statused because Misty Terrain).

As for Muk-A and Celesteela - there are things you'll have to be cautious of... but things will generally work out in favour of the teammates of Fini either way. First off: Muk-A generally 2HKOs you with Poison Jab (240+ Atk Muk-Alola Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Tapu Fini: 168-198 (48.8 - 57.5%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO) but considering that it is coming in as a lured target, Fini will more then be able to get the damage off it needs before going down (Whirlpool lock + GOA, and Muk-A lacks viable recovery). Celesteela is a similar-ish case, being taunted of it's Leech Seed, but on the flipside can catch the unwary with the rare Giga Drain (0 SpA Celesteela Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 44 SpD Tapu Fini: 90-106 (26.1 - 30.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO).

And THAT is my wall lure Trapu Tapu Fini. Later guys!

Greninja is broken
I never would have guessed...

Oh I forgot to add it before, but I've just added SpD Tran and SpD Rachi to that list 'cause I said I would in the leaders convo and forgot to add them onto the C/P. Anyway they're on there now.
Yeah, this set would probably work vs SpD Jirachi as well

Last edited:
Reserving subseed serperior

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Is kinda hard deal with serperior using a special wall since it's the obviosuly play to switch a special wall into a special attacker, so just click leech seed on the switch and keeb substituing while your enemy gets drained to death, when your enemy is forced to recover/use some utility move, get a boost from leaf storm and keep substituing untill you get to +6 and have the chance to sweep, also all the mons that resist leaf storm hate taking boosted hp fire. From that list the amoongus/tangrowth/venu are the only ones that can't be seeded to death, and only the latter doesn't care taking boosted HP fire, besides them, every special wall can be seeded-stalled and then used as set-up fodder for serperior.

Edit: CM blissey can counter this set too, but it's not that relevant, and haze mantine can annoy a lot, but can't really beat this, but it's not listed in this week description

Last edited:

Thundurus @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fly
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off / Hidden Power Ice
- Superpower/ Hidden Power Ice

(This set is actually really terrifying for Stall to deal with, with basically only Clefable being able to take it on, and even then that's heavily damaged by SSSS. Oh it's pretty terrifying for Balanced too, but lol balanced in this meta.)

Basically, most people are probably gonna be relying on either a fat Grass, or like a Chansey to switch into Thundurus as both are relatively safe options since the most common set is Nasty Plot. Z-Fly allows Thundurus to lure and break past fat Grasses like Tangrowth/Amoonguss/Venusaur, as well as just being a strong nuke against targets like weakened Muk-A if you don't need it for anything else. Knock Off is nice to remove AVs/Eviolites/Lefties from mons that rely on them, most notably, Chansey, Tangrowth, Magearna and Muk allowing Thundurus to break them down with either it's coverage for the former two, and T-Bolt for the latter since they lack recovery. Superpower is for Chansey/Blissey and various threats like the increasingly popular Tyranitar.

/
/

164 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth: 404-476 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

164 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Amoonguss: 618-728 (143.3 - 168.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

164 Atk Thundurus Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 232 HP / 180+ Def Venusaur: 426-504 (118.6 - 140.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

/

164 Atk Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 296-350 (46.1 - 54.5%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO Before Knock Off

164 Atk Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 444-524 (69.1 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO No Item

164 Atk Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 408-480 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw

Tapu Lele @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

After predicting a special defensive switch-in with Calm Mind, Lele can shoot a powerful move that does a lot of damage to the victim.
Psyshock is used to bypass the high special defense and Fightinium Z is necessary to guarantee the 2HKO against Muk and Celesteela

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 243-286 (61 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 200-236 (55 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Toxapex in Psychic Terrain: 350-414 (115.1 - 136.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Muk-Alola: 224-264 (54.1 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 429-505 (66.8 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 183-216 (53.3 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tangrowth in Psychic Terrain: 267-315 (66 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 200+ SpD Mew: 193-228 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 408-482 (105.6 - 124.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+1 252+ SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 228+ SpD Jirachi: 249-294 (61.7 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled / Stealth Rock

This Clefable comes from when I tried to think of a pokemon that could help take out the common stall build. Knock Off is there to knock Assault Vests and Eviolites off of Chansey, Magearna, Muk, and Tangrowth. Thunderbolt with Life Orb is a clean 2HKO against Physically Defensive Toxapex. The EVs are designed to outspeed Skarmory, but Stealth Rock + Trick Room EVs are an alternative for Trick Room teams looking for a hazard setter.

Martin

Oh I forgot to add it before, but I've just added SpD Tran and SpD Rachi to that list 'cause I said I would in the leaders convo and forgot to add them onto the C/P. Anyway they're on there now.

Last edited:
fuck you martin for taking latios

Tapu Lele @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Focus Blast/Taunt

Tbh, most teams have a specially defensive mon with the intention of taking on Tapu Lele (and other psychic types). The two main switch ins for this mon are Celesteela, Chansey and Heatran imo. This set allows you to choose which of Heatran/Chansey you want to beat whilst guaranteeing you to beat Celesteela. Gigavolt Havoc is crazily strong and has a chance to knock out celesteela after rocks, but a 2HKO is certain. Meanwhile you can choose to run focus blast, which comfortably 2HKOs Heatran and you even have a good chance to do so with psyshock after rocks, or you can run taunt to ensure you beat Chansey (which has a chance to be 2HKOed by Psyshock anyway.) Psyshock ensures the 2HKO on spdef Clefable too meaning that this mon just 6-0s stall without dugtrio. Plus Fini is a decent switch in to standard Tapu Leles due to taking away the psychic terrain but Gigavolt Havoc absolutely decimates it

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 316-372 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 105-123 (26.3 - 30.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Heatran: 218-258 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 286-337 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 256-303 (64.9 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 316-374 (92.1 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Martin

This submission isn't going to win btw; the set isn't that good, and I'm submitting it purely for fun.

Latios @ Psychium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Heal Block
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power [Fire]

Z-Heal Block Latios is an interesting set which allows Latios to break through a range of Pokemon which it otherwise can't really handle. Z-Heal Block gives Latios +2 Special Attack and prevents Pokemon recovering through any means, whether it be Leech Seed, recovery moves like Softboiled, or Leftovers; as as result; by attacking the Pokemon and forcing it to recover up, Latios is able to proceed to boost up on the turn they heal up, prevent them healing, and then proceed to take them out with a boosted attack. Just to name a handful of targets:
  • +2 252 SpA Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 348-409 (49.4 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
  • +2 252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 240 HP / 140+ SpD Mew: 337-397 (84 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 SpA Latios Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 280-330 (70.3 - 82.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 SpA Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 188-222 (47.2 - 55.7%) -- 78.1% chance to 2HKO
  • +2 252 SpA Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 228+ SpD Jirachi: 192-228 (47.6 - 56.5%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • +2 252 SpA Latios Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 156-184 (42.9 - 50.6%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
When not faced up against these types of Pokemon, Psychium is still available to give Latios a free 1-time nuke on its Psyshock or even just to boost up for a sweep if put in the correct position. That, this set isn't very easy to fit onto teams, requiring that it is part of a dedicated core with a special attacker which requires these types of Pokemon to be removed, such as Greninja/Ash Greninja, or with something else which appreciates these targets being eliminated to ensure that it isn't being used arbitrarily.

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
fuck you martin for taking latios

Tapu Lele @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunder
- Focus Blast/Taunt

Tbh, most teams have a specially defensive mon with the intention of taking on Tapu Lele (and other psychic types). The two main switch ins for this mon are Celesteela, Chansey and Heatran imo. This set allows you to choose which of Heatran/Chansey you want to beat whilst guaranteeing you to beat Celesteela. Gigavolt Havoc is crazily strong and has a chance to knock out celesteela after rocks, but a 2HKO is certain. Meanwhile you can choose to run focus blast, which comfortably 2HKOs Heatran and you even have a good chance to do so with psyshock after rocks, or you can run taunt to ensure you beat Chansey (which has a chance to be 2HKOed by Psyshock anyway.) Psyshock ensures the 2HKO on spdef Clefable too meaning that this mon just 6-0s stall without dugtrio. Plus Fini is a decent switch in to standard Tapu Leles due to taking away the psychic terrain but Gigavolt Havoc absolutely decimates it

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 316-372 (79.3 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Celesteela in Psychic Terrain: 105-123 (26.3 - 30.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Heatran: 218-258 (56.4 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 286-337 (44.5 - 52.4%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 198-234 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers
252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 64 Def Clefable in Psychic Terrain: 256-303 (64.9 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 248 HP / 16+ SpD Tapu Fini: 316-374 (92.1 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
I've already reserved lele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)