SM UU Judgelight

Introduction

Hi. It's Nightingales again. Surprise!

I was screwing around with Slowking and ended up making a more bulky offense than I normally do, but it's all cool since it still works out regardless. Idea is basically to just keep up momentum vs faster teams by constant switching and pivoting. Slow is just boost and hit hard with the things I have. Pretty simple, really.

@

Ability- Technician
EVs- 248 HP | 124 Def | 136 SpD
Nature- Impish
Defog | Roost | U-turn | Bullet Punch
Like I said, wanted to start off with a bulkier thing. Decided to do it with Scizor, since Scizor + Slowbro makes for a decently bulky starting core that can just go up and down and recover through switching on almost everything. Easy and fun, and a nice defensive backbone.

@

Ability- Regenerator
EVs- 252 HP | 188 Def | 68 SpD
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Calm
Calm Mind | Slack Off | Scald | Psyshock
As stated before, I wanted to go slow but bulky. Slowbro takes fire attacks and general things Scizor doesn't want to. It also does me good in stalling out stall, which seems pretty counterintuitive for offense. But a well-played U-Turn game between the two spells out some shenanigans and also can provide a solid wincon once fat psychics and resists are gone.

@

Ability- Blaze
EVs- 252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature- Jolly
Flare Blitz | Close Combat | U-turn | Gunk Shot
Hydreigon has an unfortunate tendency to be able to beat the defensive backbone of these things. It's easier to try and check it offensively and still gain momentum, so I decided on scarf Infernape if only to provide an offensive pivot and check other relevant scarfers with high-powered stabs. Also hits Faeries like Togekiss.

@

Ability- Intimidate
EVs- 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
Nature- Jolly
Knock Off | Earthquake | Superpower | Pursuit
I had a scarfer, I had things that would put pressure on, I didn't have anything that could take advantage of forced switches. Another scarfer would put too much offense on, and opened up holes that could be taken advantage of too easily. So instead I elected for band Krookodile, which just provides a very strong pursuiter while also just smacking things with Knock Off and Earthquake harder than scarf could ever dream of.

@

Ability- Unnerve
EVs- 252 Atk | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
Nature- Jolly
Stealth Rock | Stone Edge | Wing Attack | Earthquake
Xurkitree was still around when I built this, and I wanted a nice offensive check to that too that wasn't just lose at +1 and not check anything that's needed. So Mega Aerodactyl checks various things through dual stabs and EQ just gives a bit of extra damage on steel-types. Went with rocks because rocks are apparently mandatory, this isn't BWUU.

@

Ability- Pressure
EVs- 252 SpA | 4 SpD | 252 Spe
IVs- 0 Atk
Nature- Timid
Substitute | Calm Mind | Thunderbolt | Shadow Ball
Raikou was a bit of a last-minute addendum. I really wanted something to take advantage of the stall that would likely be popping up as a suspect was inevitable. Unfortunately, this really only excels at killing waters. Good against offense? Yeah, it's a solid wincon. Stall? Not quite so much

So yeah. This was offense I built that ended up working well in the worst of ways. It stalls out stall, duels with offense, and just kinda does whatever it wants to. Here's a few replays before the importable.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Krookodile @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Earthquake

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Apologies this isn't really a rate more of a general question. A couple of times you reference "outstalling the stall" but I really don't see how you accomplish that. Something like a simple Blissey / Alomomola core seems to give this team no end of trouble, as Alom walls Aero, Krook, Ape, Scizor and Toxics Bro to prevent it getting out of hand, while Raikou is simply never getting past a Blissey ever, even if you Pursuit it with Krook that's only doing 54 max, which is enough for it to come in on 2 tbolts and Softboiled right back up, or get passed a Wish by Alom to start the cycle all over again. I know there's a replay of you beating a Bliss / Alom core but the dude was running what seems to be max spdef Bliss and sacked it for no real reason when Alomomola was healthy and able to stall it out without too much issue. I don't want to sound too negative because there's some nice ideas here U-Turns into CB Krook definitely seems potent given how used the metagame has got to Krook being Scarf, meaning they're not usually equipped to deal with the kind of damage output band brings.

Basically the way I end up beating blissey is just going back and forth between Slowbro and Scizor until it gives me some sort of opening, usually like a soft boiled where I pivot into ape. It's mostly just pivoting and wasting pp.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
Basically the way I end up beating blissey is just going back and forth between Slowbro and Scizor until it gives me some sort of opening, usually like a soft boiled where I pivot into ape. It's mostly just pivoting and wasting pp.

Blissy doesn't quite define stall, especially since your team has a weakness to Rocky Helm Alo and Rocky Helm Chestnaught.

I do quite enjoy this team though.

If you're gonna have Gunk Shot on Infernape, you can just make him specially orientated. He has the same base Attack and Spe. Attack.

Blissy doesn't quite define stall, especially since your team has a weakness to Rocky Helm Alo and Rocky Helm Chestnaught.

I do quite enjoy this team though.
>weakness to rocky helm alo
I have Raikou, which forces it out and pretty much gives me a free sub.
>chesnaught
Because Ape and MAero don't handle it? They really don't care about the minor recoil if it's against stall since they won't come in anyways.

Blissey is one of the more annoying things to take down because I have to do a ton of pivoting around to get it into a position to be hit hard. Which is why I addressed that instead of something like Chesnaught which has surefire answers anyways.

Tera Melos

Banned deucer.
>weakness to rocky helm alo
I have Raikou, which forces it out and pretty much gives me a free sub.
>chesnaught
Because Ape and MAero don't handle it? They really don't care about the minor recoil if it's against stall since they won't come in anyways.

Blissey is one of the more annoying things to take down because I have to do a ton of pivoting around to get it into a position to be hit hard. Which is why I addressed that instead of something like Chesnaught which has surefire answers anyways.

I run Rocky Helm Chestnaught on just about all my Gen 6 and Current Gen stall teams, in both gens it holds off Ape long enough, and it can counter play around MAero.

As for Alo, what does Raikou do to handle MSteelix? Does a Sub CM Shadow Ball OHKO?

Hi this team is quite offensively oriented and I really like offense in the current UU meta game. You have some very powerful wall breakers but a few defensive cores just might give you some trouble. I would suggest that you add nidoking instead of Raikou on your team especially since raikou is a bit tacked on. Nidoking is just an insanely powerful wall breaker and can do good damage to blissey if equipped with superpower. Ice beam just outright destroys many walls and neutral stab does heaps to amomola. Though nidoking is a tad bit slow your team is quite fast with scarf nape and krookodile. Nidoking's poison coverage is also so valuable and allows you to run a different move on infernape. This is my opinion but nidoking could me a missing piece that makes your team whole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)