Iron Chef Season 3: Underused | EPISODE 9, PHASE 3 (post #252)

CREATIVITY:
1. i like cute things Ok this only run 2 uu mons lol
2. Ov3r Ac3 mons of each gen omg

ESSENCE:
1. Ov3r Ac3
2. explodingdaisies

Effectiveness:
1. explodingdaisies: I just like sub hoopa z + Mega altaria + magneton
2. Nicklypuff

Creativity: I like cute things, although I dont like moltres, I must admit with a combination of moltres and cryogonal as well as some underrated mons such as bronzong and Xatu, this must go to you.

Essence: Not really much I can say about this.

Effectiveness: Ov3r Ac3, A well put together balance team featuring some fun mons such as nidoqueen and cresselia, even though nidoqueen is quite suboptimal in the current meta in my opinion.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

Voting phase is officially over; allow me to introduce to you the people's choice winners for this episode!
Apparently, the highly esteemed Panel of Judges haven't had the chance to discuss regarding on the team rates, so the rates will be released as soon as the deliberation process has finished!

The ninth (and the final!) episode of UU Iron Chef will be coming up in a few moments; this will end in a very generic one, hopefully having more participant turnout!

Euphonos

While this special guest I have right now isn't really as familiar as the rest of the special guests I have chosen for this season of Iron Chef, this director is worth mentioning due to the title apt for the secret ingredient for this final episode! Please welcome...

MICHAEL WITMAN!
Michael D. Witman is an American director, producer, and photographer. Fueled by his father's career as a photographer, Witman's interest in the photographic medium sparked his curiousity about the enchanting world of film. From the early age of eight, he voiced to his mother his interest in being a stunt man. However soon after, as he began to grow, Witman realized the dangers in that choice and, to his mother's rejoices, decided against that particular career path. Still his interest in the film industry continued to persist throughout his young years.

Since college, Witman has moved to the west coast and currently resides in the Los Angeles area working in the film industry. He began working as a set production assistant and got the opportunity to be part of several larger features including Live Free or Die Hard and Eagle Eye. From his work as a PA, Witman quickly began working as an assistant director in the world of independent film. After racking up a resume of over 25 features and shorts, he took an opportunity to work in television as both a set and office production assistant, including on the hit show, Modern Family.

While working in the film industry, he continued to pursue his photography mainly as an art form. Keeping true to his sense of realism in photography, Witman refrains from lots of digital manipulation in his final products. He shoots to capture the best image at the time of image creation, rather than covering rushed work with slick post processing. He also often works in graphic design incorporating his photography, to create posters and other artwork.

[source]

One of his films is chosen to be the secret ingredient for this episode, and now feel free to raise the dome!

. . . . . . .

A MATTER OF CHOICE!

"Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice.
It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

Very loosely based off Aesop's fable "The Old Man and Death," A Matter of Choice is a film about the decisions that we make that affect our life. Adam is a man with nothing left but his faithful dog, Gritz. Down on his luck, Adam is now faced with the most important choice of his life.

From the title of the (rather independent) film itself, this episode features one of the most common items to be used in any metagame possible -- Choice items. Therefore, participants must build a team featuring at least three Pokemon wearing a Choice item. Will the participants make good use of these Choice items?

Participants have until
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 9 AM GMT -4
to complete your dishes to be sent to the Panel of Judges (pokemon sparrow, eht, and esche) via PM.

Allez, cuisine!

Euphonos

I wanted to see you as one of the Iron Chefs because I was itching to witness your masterful creations against the participants. However, you ended up being part of the Panel of Judges instead. Why is that?

You may or may not have noticed that my activity waned from January due to my first job, which took a toll on my commitment to remain involved in this community. Fortunately, I have resigned from that job in early August and made my subtle return ever since. However, my future would be definitely uncertain; I don't even know when I will start working again (provided I get accepted by another institution again). Therefore, whenever I wanted to run this sought-after team building project, I decided to fill the role of an overseer, which is more fitting for the Chairman of Iron Chef, but I wanted myself to get involved once again, hence my ultimate decision of initiating a set of Panel of Judges to do the dirty work in rating masterful creations.

Will you become an Iron Chef again someday?

For this episode only, I will take the reins as the Guest Iron Chef. This is why I ask everyone to send their teams only to the remaining members of the Panel (pokemon sparrow, eht, and esche) - this is good for the final episode of UU Iron Chef, a rather apt ending for the Sun/Moon metagame in transition to the Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon metagame.

Last edited:

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
3, 2, 1...

TIME'S UP!

The team building phase is officially over; thank you for your submissions! Now, allow me (as a member of the Panel of Judges) to introduce to you the participants for this episode!
Will these participants have what it takes to beat the highly reputable Iron Chefs? Whose cuisine reigns supreme? We will find out in this challenge phase!

As such, participants have until
Monday, November 20, 10:00 AM GMT -4
to challenge any of the available Iron Chefs.

PLEASE NOTE that our beloved Chairman Euphonos himself has entered the ring and taken the spot of Iron Chef Cynde in this very last episode of SM UU Iron Chef! Therefore, please address any challenges to the most reputable Iron Chefs CoolStoryBrobat, CBU, Sun, pokeisfun and Euphonos!

(The Panel of Judges is currently still in discussion about the evaluation of the submissions from the last episode. We will do our best to provide our judgement as soon as possible, so stay tuned!)

Allez, cuisine!

Last edited:

Euphonos

PLEASE NOTE that our beloved Chairman Euphonos himself has entered the ring and taken the spot of Iron Chef Cynde in this very last episode of SM UU Iron Chef! Therefore, please address any challenges to the most reputable Iron Chefs CoolStoryBrobat, CBU, Sun and Euphonos!
(Don't forget Iron Chef pokeisfun too)

Iron Chefs, please note that we are not allowed to use teams with features (moves, items, etc) coming from the Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon games.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)